Page 8 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 398 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on September 10, 2011

I've tried applying apple cider vinegar to my back, chest, shoulders, and face. So far, it seems to work okay. It slows breakouts down but doesn't eliminate them. It seemed to make my face acne practically disappear within two days or so, but we'll see. I apply it to the areas with a cotton ball, allow it to dry and wash in the morning, or leave on for a few hours and wash off.

I will start a regimen and update in a few weeks.

Reviewed on August 27, 2011

This is amazing and I read about it here. I cannot find the post I read to thank the person (they had left their e-mail) but it works best for me as she suggested. I use the apple cider vinegar as an astringent and then I use a VERY small amount of coconut oil right after. It is a natural antibacterial I guess. The first time I did it I had a cyst on my chin. The acv made it start to come to a head right before my eyes. I went for the coconut oil right away anyway and it started to get better right away! I did not expect either thing to work at all much less like that but I had them both so I figured I would try it. I believe she also suggested to avoid whitening toothpastes (for chin breakouts) but that may have been someone else.

So I wash with Dove soap (dermatologist recommended that), use the acv straight as an astringent and then follow immediately with coconut oil. The acv is store brand but the coconut oil is like a $10 thing from a health food store. And a jar that size would last forever with the little bit you have to use.

I have had acne for more than 25 years on and off but only off for several years after accutane and now in my 40's it is back again. Regular dermatologist treatment did not work and was $30 plus $30 copay.

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

I had gorgeous clear skin in my teens but once I hit my mid 20s my skin went haywire. I spent thousands on facials, peels, medications , fancy cleansing routines, vitamins, better eating habits, drinking more water than I think is in the Pacific and NOTHING I mean NOTHING worked. The only thing that slightly helped was steaming my face at home every night for ten minutes. Until my mom told me about ACV. She had used it when she was younger and said it helped so I should give it a go. I have been using it now for a week and haven't seen my skin this clear since I was in my early 20s. I am so excited to see the changes over the next several wks of usage. It is worth the try!!! It is cheap! I use a lot so I'm suspecting it will cost me roughly 10 dollars a month, it could be way less for others! :-)

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

THIS IS AN UPDATE! I posted my history a few posts below. It did work for me for about a month. I think skin just gets use to topical remedies and always ends up beating them.

I think if I lay off of the vinegar and use something else for a few weeks it will most likely work again. I still say it works great though, when it does work HA!

Reviewed on August 3, 2011

; im 14, & being a teenager you go through a lot of hormonal changes :\ and so i started breaking out.. i have a lot of white heads and apple cider vinegar works well for my white heads. i use it as a toner after using my green tea cleanser that i made myself. just a green tea packet and water! but yeah. i leave it on overnight & wake up w/ great results.

definetly reccomended

Reviewed on August 3, 2011

I'm in my 40's and my hormones are all out of whack...I have been getting the typical acne bumps along the jawline/hairline/neck and on the chin...I guess you could classify it as moderate acne breakouts. My doc wanted me to try spironolactone, but I am hesitant to use oral meds (especially after reading some of the side effects) so I opted for topical treatment. I have been using Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (with "The Mother") undiluted on my face twice daily...and it is working very well. Although some people dilute it with water, I find I don't need to....it doesn't irritate my skin at all (this might be because my skin has built up a tolerance to glycolics and Retin-A). I use it after I cleanse my face in the am and before I put on Dan's BP. At night, I use it after I cleanse and before I apply my Retin-A. I have also started to drink a little bit daily (mixing it in my water). The little bumps are going away and my pores appear smaller...and it's only been a week. I hope with long term usage it continues to work. It also helps control oil in the T-zone area. As a side note, I got a really bad sunburn on my legs...and used this on it. It took the sting out immediately and healed it quickly. I think it is important when buying to get the kind that has "The Mother" in it. Best of all....it is cheap and has many other uses! It's always nice to find a product that is low cost AND works...highly recommend!

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

I have never had acne in my teenage years. Recently I went on birth control pill and it broke me out in hormonal acne. I was not getting many, two or three painful lump-like spots at the time, they took forever to get up to the surface and as soon as they would, two or three more would come up again. I was getting them mainly along my jaw line, and due to the area being so small, the scarring and the redness has made me feel very bad about how I looked. I have tried everything - vitamins, diets, various cleansing programmes, changing BCP, make-up, tea tree oil, topical antibiotics - you name it - I've done it. I have stumbled upon this website about two weeks ago and read the reviews. Bought apple cider vinegar the next day, non organic, just the regular stuff. Two weeks later - my skin is clear, radiant and I didn't get a single zit during the "time of the month" when my skin would normally go insane. I don't dilute it, just use it after I use my Shu Uemura A/I cleansing oil to remove my makeup and before shower in the morning. It really works! My skin is very sensitive yet there is no redness even upon initial application. Bottom line - try it!!!!

Reviewed on July 31, 2011

I used Rice Vinegar and I've found it works much better than regular vinegar. I have not tried Apple Cider Vinegar, so I can not attest to its effectiveness.

Before bed every night I put some vinegar on a round cotton pad and run it over the problem areas. The scent can be a bit overpowering, but I find that you get used to it quickly, and when you shower in the morning it doesn't matter.

By morning, I find that the acne is significantly dried out, bringing some to a head and others partially disappearing.

This is very good for body acne, as that is what I've used it for. I really have no complaints here, and I would recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed on July 28, 2011

I've only been using this for a few weeks and man it cleared the Breakout I had on the side of my face and chin.it truly is a great home remedy to use for cheap!The smell is bad but when I put it on my face it actually doesn't leave that bad of a smell.I usually just use the acv just like that with no water.I think its better like that,well for me at least.I hope it continues on to work better and better.

Oh yeah I got the acv at trader Joe's for 1.49 very cheap then any other acne meds I ever gotten.

Reviewed on July 21, 2011

IMPORTANT! Use a dilution first. Start with 9 parts water: 1 part apple cider vinegar eventually working your way up to a stronger concentration over time. Your skin is most likely going to be too sensitive to handle ACV without being diluted.