Page 8 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 396 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

I had gorgeous clear skin in my teens but once I hit my mid 20s my skin went haywire. I spent thousands on facials, peels, medications , fancy cleansing routines, vitamins, better eating habits, drinking more water than I think is in the Pacific and NOTHING I mean NOTHING worked. The only thing that slightly helped was steaming my face at home every night for ten minutes. Until my mom told me about ACV. She had used it when she was younger and said it helped so I should give it a go. I have been using it now for a week and haven't seen my skin this clear since I was in my early 20s. I am so excited to see the changes over the next several wks of usage. It is worth the try!!! It is cheap! I use a lot so I'm suspecting it will cost me roughly 10 dollars a month, it could be way less for others! :-)

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

THIS IS AN UPDATE! I posted my history a few posts below. It did work for me for about a month. I think skin just gets use to topical remedies and always ends up beating them.

I think if I lay off of the vinegar and use something else for a few weeks it will most likely work again. I still say it works great though, when it does work HA!

Reviewed on August 3, 2011

; im 14, & being a teenager you go through a lot of hormonal changes :\ and so i started breaking out.. i have a lot of white heads and apple cider vinegar works well for my white heads. i use it as a toner after using my green tea cleanser that i made myself. just a green tea packet and water! but yeah. i leave it on overnight & wake up w/ great results.

definetly reccomended

Reviewed on August 3, 2011

I'm in my 40's and my hormones are all out of whack...I have been getting the typical acne bumps along the jawline/hairline/neck and on the chin...I guess you could classify it as moderate acne breakouts. My doc wanted me to try spironolactone, but I am hesitant to use oral meds (especially after reading some of the side effects) so I opted for topical treatment. I have been using Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (with "The Mother") undiluted on my face twice daily...and it is working very well. Although some people dilute it with water, I find I don't need to....it doesn't irritate my skin at all (this might be because my skin has built up a tolerance to glycolics and Retin-A). I use it after I cleanse my face in the am and before I put on Dan's BP. At night, I use it after I cleanse and before I apply my Retin-A. I have also started to drink a little bit daily (mixing it in my water). The little bumps are going away and my pores appear smaller...and it's only been a week. I hope with long term usage it continues to work. It also helps control oil in the T-zone area. As a side note, I got a really bad sunburn on my legs...and used this on it. It took the sting out immediately and healed it quickly. I think it is important when buying to get the kind that has "The Mother" in it. Best of all....it is cheap and has many other uses! It's always nice to find a product that is low cost AND works...highly recommend!

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

I have never had acne in my teenage years. Recently I went on birth control pill and it broke me out in hormonal acne. I was not getting many, two or three painful lump-like spots at the time, they took forever to get up to the surface and as soon as they would, two or three more would come up again. I was getting them mainly along my jaw line, and due to the area being so small, the scarring and the redness has made me feel very bad about how I looked. I have tried everything - vitamins, diets, various cleansing programmes, changing BCP, make-up, tea tree oil, topical antibiotics - you name it - I've done it. I have stumbled upon this website about two weeks ago and read the reviews. Bought apple cider vinegar the next day, non organic, just the regular stuff. Two weeks later - my skin is clear, radiant and I didn't get a single zit during the "time of the month" when my skin would normally go insane. I don't dilute it, just use it after I use my Shu Uemura A/I cleansing oil to remove my makeup and before shower in the morning. It really works! My skin is very sensitive yet there is no redness even upon initial application. Bottom line - try it!!!!

Reviewed on July 31, 2011

I used Rice Vinegar and I've found it works much better than regular vinegar. I have not tried Apple Cider Vinegar, so I can not attest to its effectiveness.

Before bed every night I put some vinegar on a round cotton pad and run it over the problem areas. The scent can be a bit overpowering, but I find that you get used to it quickly, and when you shower in the morning it doesn't matter.

By morning, I find that the acne is significantly dried out, bringing some to a head and others partially disappearing.

This is very good for body acne, as that is what I've used it for. I really have no complaints here, and I would recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed on July 28, 2011

I've only been using this for a few weeks and man it cleared the Breakout I had on the side of my face and chin.it truly is a great home remedy to use for cheap!The smell is bad but when I put it on my face it actually doesn't leave that bad of a smell.I usually just use the acv just like that with no water.I think its better like that,well for me at least.I hope it continues on to work better and better.

Oh yeah I got the acv at trader Joe's for 1.49 very cheap then any other acne meds I ever gotten.

Reviewed on July 21, 2011

IMPORTANT! Use a dilution first. Start with 9 parts water: 1 part apple cider vinegar eventually working your way up to a stronger concentration over time. Your skin is most likely going to be too sensitive to handle ACV without being diluted.

Reviewed on July 15, 2011

better to combine half of cider vinegar with half of cucumber juice. Keep apply in your acne area for 2 weeks and u will see the result. It works wonder on my skin

Reviewed on July 12, 2011

I never had an acne problem growing up. However, after I went on birth control for medical reasons, I experienced the worst breakout of my life all over my face. Being 20 years old and never having had an acne problem, of course I was desperate. I ditched the pills and began a grueling journey to get rid of my acne. For many months, I tried everything - Obagi products (helped immensely with old scarring but not my acne itself), a rainbow of topical ointments from my dermatologist, organic face washes/toners, drinking aloe vera juice, supplements, changing my grooming habits, natural remedies like lemon juice and honey masks...only with slight results. Nothing worked quite like apple cider vinegar! I began to use it only a few weeks ago, religiously (morning and night after face was washed) and noticed results after about a week! I tried to use it both as a toner and as a shot to drink. It's awful to drink, so I'll be doing that minimally (I still recommend it, because it couldn't hurt) but as a toner, it totally healed my skin! And people, my acne was stubborn hormonal acne, so you know this stuff is good! Combined with dry ice treatments (available at select dermatologist offices; basically sloughs off dead skin and dries existing acne), I am now almost acne free after many months of agony. I still use a topical ointment (Veltin) after I apply the vinegar just to be safe, but I know the main reason my skin is now healthy is due to the vinegar. I can't sing enough praises about it. If you're struggling with acne, try apple cider vinegar. It's definitely worth a shot. Good luck to all of you!