Page 8 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 406 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on December 2, 2011

I saw an improvement in the tone of my skin almost immediately. This morning, pimples on my forehead had completely disappeared and the scars I have on my cheeks appeared lighter and again my tone is awesome.

I'll check back in a week...

Reviewed on December 1, 2011

One of the best 'products' I've ever used.

Reviewed on November 25, 2011

I tried leaving it on (diluted about 50/50 with distilled water) after washing my face up until the next face-washing, but it began breaking me out very badly around my beard-area, which was VERY disconcerting because I'm a girl and I don't have a beard! But it started to look like I had an acne beard!! How embarrassing! So I stopped using it on my face and the pimples started to go away, although my face has issues with shedding dead skin cells so I'm now only keeping it on for about 20 minutes then washing it off, which is working very well. Plus I drink about 2 tbs of it a day, first thing in the morning, which is doing wonders in and of itself.

I suggest for first time users who have sensitive skin to leave it on for only 20 minutes then wash it off, and maybe to build it up from there. It would be a shame for someone to experience more acne like I did and to write it off as not working.

Reviewed on November 4, 2011

I used undiluted 5% Acidity Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, applied with a cottonball all over face. I really liked the cooling feeling of the refrigerated vinegar. It dried quickly, too. I did not moisturize afterward. I had a big lump on my chin as well as several small bumps near my lips. The large bump's swelling went way down, and the gross uneven skin just fell off a few hours later! Now I can put makeup over it to cover the red mark. Very smooth! As for the smaller bumps, they have formed some skin on top, which is peeling off and revealing smoother skin there as well. Pretty awesome. I'll try only to use it for my monthly hormonal breakout so that it doesn't lose potency. I gave it 4 stars because it may be harder for others to use it without diluting. I have tough skin :)

Reviewed on November 2, 2011

I use this when it's my time of the month, when i break out. Works great, stops pimples from coming back.

Use it whenever you feel like you are going to break out.

I soak a cottenball in the vinegar, and then rub it on my skin, after I showered (so the pores are still open). And leave it overnight.

Reviewed on October 20, 2011

Dont waste hundreds of dollars on acne products, go all natural,apple cider vinegar has been the answer to my acne problems.

Reviewed on September 21, 2011

It stings like a mother, but in a medicinal way. I didn't mind the smell as long as it helped my acne, others in the house complained though. I would apply apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball a few nights a week. For a few weeks I thought it was helping slightly, or at least not hurting, but after a while it would actually make me break out after each time I applied it. Not sure why that happened but I stopped.

Reviewed on September 10, 2011

I've tried applying apple cider vinegar to my back, chest, shoulders, and face. So far, it seems to work okay. It slows breakouts down but doesn't eliminate them. It seemed to make my face acne practically disappear within two days or so, but we'll see. I apply it to the areas with a cotton ball, allow it to dry and wash in the morning, or leave on for a few hours and wash off.

I will start a regimen and update in a few weeks.

Reviewed on August 27, 2011

This is amazing and I read about it here. I cannot find the post I read to thank the person (they had left their e-mail) but it works best for me as she suggested. I use the apple cider vinegar as an astringent and then I use a VERY small amount of coconut oil right after. It is a natural antibacterial I guess. The first time I did it I had a cyst on my chin. The acv made it start to come to a head right before my eyes. I went for the coconut oil right away anyway and it started to get better right away! I did not expect either thing to work at all much less like that but I had them both so I figured I would try it. I believe she also suggested to avoid whitening toothpastes (for chin breakouts) but that may have been someone else.

So I wash with Dove soap (dermatologist recommended that), use the acv straight as an astringent and then follow immediately with coconut oil. The acv is store brand but the coconut oil is like a $10 thing from a health food store. And a jar that size would last forever with the little bit you have to use.

I have had acne for more than 25 years on and off but only off for several years after accutane and now in my 40's it is back again. Regular dermatologist treatment did not work and was $30 plus $30 copay.