Page 6 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 414 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on August 9, 2012

I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for about 3-4 weeks now. In May, during finals I broke out and it never stopped the pimples keep coming back! I got a cyst (acne that hurts) and then it spread. I used products that calmed my acne down, but I still kept breaking out in the same area ( on forehead and between eyebrows). I've been fighting that battle (acne still in the same spot) since mid july! Then I started using Apple Cider Vinegar.

Alright, people could get discouraged by using this product, but it is AMAZING! You have to give it at least 3 weeks. I know... I know that's a lot of time but you will get clear skin.

So in the beginning when I started using ACV, my pimples got really red, so did my acne marks! Then they started to scab (one or two pimples)... THIS IS NORMAL!

The vinegar gets down the the roots so to speak. I got discouraged because they where redder and more visible... Then it happened...

My acne was going away and the redness was clearing up!! I had a huge red mark that completely vanished, and I didn't even scar.

I'm not breaking out in that spot anymore and my mother even complemented my complexion.

Today, I didn't wear make up! Everyone, this stuff is amazing. If you can get passed the acne getting redder and scabbing (healing process) then find something else. But this gets down into your skin and destroys acne with a vengeance!

I will use this for the rest of my life! Please give it a try.

I put my ACV in a little spray bottle (travel size, you can buy at Target or Wal-mart) and spray on my face twice a day. Sometimes only at night, though. Remember it does sting for awhile, but that means it's working :)

You can also use some cotton balls and wipe all over your face.

Do not rinse off, leave it on. Even if you put it on in the morning. The ACV will work throughout the day, killing the acne.

Don't pass this up, ACV is a great natural way to clear ac

Reviewed on August 8, 2012

i use it twice a day and apply it with a cotton toner pad sold at target. it works very well but my wife hates it cause it makes the house stink badly. combined with drinking warm lemon juice i have seen better than average results and believe me this has worked better than everything i've tried and i have tried absolutly everything including accutane which is a complete scam. acne comes back after like a month after you discontinue use.

Reviewed on July 30, 2012

I had a goal to get clear skin by the time I turned 30 and with my 30th birthday only 3 weeks away Bragg's ACV has helped me reach that goal. 3 weeks ago I started using undiluted ACV as a toner in the am and pm after washing with Noxzema, I'm used to glycolic peels so it didn't really sting me. After toning with the ACV I use Cerave Moisturizing cream (the one in the tub, not the bottle with the pump). I tried to take it internally as well, but after doing that for a day and a half I just couldn't stomach it anymore. I noticed a difference overnight and within a week my skin was 90% clear. I couldn't use ACV on my body though as it was too harsh so I started searching for other internal supplements. 1 week ago I added Michael's Naturopathic Skin Factors vitamins to my routine, within 3 days my entire face was 100% clear and now a week later my body is completely clear. Not only do I not have any new blemishes, but all of my old ones have healed, my skin tone is even and looks moisturized, my skin looks and feels smooth and all of my blackheads are gone (even a big pitted one that I had had on the side of my nose for over a year!) I love that I can get both products for dirt cheap at my local health food store. Both Bragg's ACV and Skin Factors will always be a part of my regular routine from here on out.

Reviewed on July 26, 2012

I used Apple Cider Vinegar as a topical for MONTHS. At first I was just using it full strength by putting some on a cotton ball & dabbing it on my face every morning and night after washing with a cleanser. After a time I used it mixed with water. It did absolutely nothing to improve my acne.

Once when I felt a developing pimple, I used some full strength on a cotton ball & held it on the pimple for several minutes. The next morning I had what looked like a small scab on my face! I admit that may have been my fault because of its acidity.

I may even have used ACV for nearly a year before I had to admit to myself that it was not helping my acne at all. I used organic & non-organic-neither helped. I'm really disappointed it didn't work for me-I seem to have some sort of mutant incurable acne. I am running out of things to try. :(

But I do recommend it to others because I have read so many reviews on this site & others saying that it worked. So definitely try it but mix it with water.

Reviewed on July 23, 2012

This is one of the best products in my regimen. I've been using it for a good 3 or so years. I mix a solution of 1/2 AVC and 1/2 water in a little bottle and keep it on my bathroom counter.

I do NOT use Bragg's AVC. The one time I decided to switch to that brand after reading the rave reviews, I broke out like nobody's business. I had tried to continue using it thinking it was purging or whatever, but it certainly was not. The brand I use and have continued to use is Spectrum Organic Unfiltered ( w/ the Mother ) AVC. Easily found at any health store, and very cheap for a big glass jug of it.

After washing my face I'll just grab a cotton swap or fold over 2 toilet paper squares, squirt my AVC on it and tone my face. It makes you feel that little extra freshness after washing your face. Your skin may turn a bit red after application, but normally goes away in a couple of minutes. New users need to use a more diluted solution and work up to 1/2 and 1/2 because it may burn at first when using a more concentrated mixture.

All 'n all this product along with my Cetaphil Cleanser and Aloe Vera moisturizer has kept me clear for over 2 years. Definitely recommended to anyone with blemish problems!

Reviewed on July 16, 2012

I've been using the apple cider vinegar as a topical every night for the last couple of weeks and I have seen dramatic improvement in my skin. I use it straight out of the bottle on a cotton ball every night after washing my face and leave it on overnight. I have oily skin, so this does not dry out my skin too much or cause redness like others have posted. The results were also not immediate like others have posted, but over a couple of weeks of using consistently, my skin is clearer, smoother, and less oily.

I have also been mixing a few teaspoons with juice in the morning, but less consistently so not sure if this helps as well. It's not the best taste but you get used to it, and I find I actually enjoy it a little. I drink it through a straw, as I have read on other posts that it can damage the enamel on teeth.

This is worth a try for anyone struggling with acne. I am so excited to find something natural that works!!!

Reviewed on July 11, 2012

i think everyone should give this method a try because it is natural, and will not harm your skin. Even if it doesnt work for you, IT IS STILL WORTH THE TRY!. * This will not completely "cure" your acne, but it sure helps alot~

Reviewed on May 28, 2012

I've been using this in combination with Ponds cold cream for about a week now. In that time my skin has improved a lot. My skin tone has evened out, I haven't had a major break out like I was having for a while, and my skin is soft feeling. I wash with Ponds once in the morning and once at night, followed by a topical application of raw cider vinegar with a little water to water it down. It does sting a little, especially on open or healing blemishes, but it goes away pretty quickly. I was trying to use all natural ingredients on my face and body to clear my acne before trying Ponds (I used coconut oil for a few weeks, it didn't work for me unfortunately). Anyhow, I am attracted to this method because it is all natural and unprocessed. Vinegar is also great for the hair with some baking soda. I do not mind the smell, either. I would definitely recommend this.

Reviewed on April 28, 2012

I'm 30 years old and have suffered with really annoying, sometimes painful cystic acne on my forehead and chin area since I was about 16 or 17 years old. I have tried just about everything under the sun to try to get rid of it, including expensive prescriptions from my doctor, Proactiv, and just about every single over-the-counter product that exists and NOTHING has ever worked. After a really painful breakout on my forehead last week, I did some research on the internet in hopes of finding something that I hadn't tried yet that would help get rid of my acne. I came across several articles on ACV and how well it treats acne. I went out and purchased some Bragg's organic ACV at a local health food store and started applying it to my entire face with cotton balls twice a day after showering and washing my face, and I also started drinking 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water 2-3 times a day in hopes of speeding up the recovery process. I have been doing this regimen for about a week now and I'm already starting to see a difference! My zits have started to harden up and dry out and now they are finally starting to fade a bit! Another huge bonus is that I haven't gotten any new breakouts since starting the ACV. I'm SO excited and I can't wait to see how much more progress I have in the coming weeks. I read that it can take a full month or so to really start seeing significant results, but I'm very optimistic with the results I've had so far. I wish I had known about this years ago! Just as a warning, it will sting quite a bit when you apply it to your face, but that just means that it's soaking into your pores and is working. If it stings too much, you can dilute the vinegar with water, but I don't need to do that since I can handle the stinging. It goes away within a few minutes anyway. It also doesn't taste that great when you drink it, but I've actually gotten used to the taste. Plus, the bad taste is totally worth the results you will get.