Page 6 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 444 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on June 8, 2014

I can't stress how many different products and home remedies I have tried over the past 7 years to combat my acne. I tried it all. Whilst some treatments were effective in the short term or for spot treatment, they all seemed to throw my skin out of balance and worsen my acne in the end.

I just want to preach for a little second and say that the majority of over the counter products are full of chemicals that disrupt your skin's pH balance. What you're doing is stripping your face of its natural oils, which makes your skin go, "alrighty, better overproduce sebum to compensate for what was just stolen from me!", which causes oily skin and acne. This leads me to why apple cider vinegar is the most beautiful substance on earth; it is acidic and full of enzymes which restore your skin's natural pH levels, making for soft, smooth, beautiful acne free skin.

I use Bragg's ACV undiluted (it took a while for my skin to adapt to this so you may want to start by diluting 50/50 with water) by soaking a makeup remover pad in it and gently rubbing it all over my face morning and night. It is the only thing I use on my face aside from makeup, I don't even use water.

I have also been drinking a couple of tablespoons every day. I find it best to mix the ACV in a big bottle of water and drinking it throughout the day. That way it is diluted enough to mask the unpleasant taste (having said that I'm actually used to it now) and to also encourage you to drink more water which is also awesome for your skin.

This is the only review I have ever written for anything and I did so because acne is a huge confidence wrecker and an overall dickhead that I'm sure if you're browsing this website you'd like to be rid of. I've been using ACV for a few months now and it is continuing to work wonders for me. My skin hasn't been totally blemish free like this since I was 12 and I 100% attribute this to ACV. It's so worth a try, I really wish somebody told me this years ago. Don't waste copious amounts of money on damaging your face with harsh chemical concoctions. Get some ACV in your belly and on your face.

by impishAJ on 07/13/2014 02:49
Did this work with the pasturized kind or did you use the organic unpasturized "mother" kind.?
by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:00
What about if you have it on your back, chest, on your scalp, and the back of your neck ? will it help in all those areas ?
never believe natural remedies again
Reviewed on May 15, 2014

been stick to it for like 2 month and used two bottle of ACV. it's organic. I used topically and internally. Never worked really..

Slow but steady
Reviewed on May 13, 2014

I had actually used BP, with success for about 2 years, when it suddenly stopped working, became really irritating, and I broke out over my entire face, including in areas like my jaw line where I had never broken out before. I tried a variety of products for about 6 months and failed to find anything that worked even a little bit. Then I found some vinegar in a cabinet. I put a few tablespoons in a bowl with water that was hot enough that it was steaming but not so hot it would burn and soaked a face clothe in the mixture. I then laid the face clothe on my face for about a minute--DON'T RUB--but do make sure it touches every part of your skin. I repeated several times before pouring the bowl out. I did this once a day for about a week while my skin adjusted and then twice a day for the next week. I was not very hopeful about this and for the first 5 days, it looked like absolutely nothing had changed. But on the 6th or 7th day, my skin looked dramatically different! Not just less pimply, but also the clear patches had very nice skin tone, not oily or dry, and very healthy looking. There was another plateau for a few days and then it looked dramatically different again. This pattern has continued for the last 3 weeks. ACV does not work that quickly, but it DOES work, and so far my skin is still improving after three weeks which is better than any other natural or medicated product I have used so far.

I was not doing anything else in combination with this--I only wash my face with water once a day and without touching it (I just let the water in the shower run over it because touching my face always seem to aggravate things) and had not changed my diet, started any medication, or used any other product, so ACV made a significant difference. The other good thing is that after 3 weeks, if I skipped treatment for a few days, my skin didn't get worse, which is what happened with other products--it maintained where it had been after the last treatment which makes me hope that this might be more sustainable and that I could eventually stop using this at all.

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:00
A must!
Reviewed on April 30, 2014

Everyone who has acne NEEDS to try this! I haven't had a clear face in over 10 years!! I'm a 23 year old female and had enough acne to make me self conscious, always had trouble covering it with make up. It really gets annoying spending so much on make up and different products trying to look flawless, while other people seem to be born perfect with their clear skin! Ha. Anyways recently Ive been looking up reviews on literally everything! And stumbled across this...why isn't this on commercials on EVERY channel?!?! I paid $6 on a big bottle of braggs organic apple cider vinegar (has to be this one!!!!!!!!!!) and I very lightly diluted some in a little glass, washed my face and wiped it all over face and neck, slept overnight with it on. For the most part I left it on at all times, some people don't, just find out what works for you. After a couple days I stopped diluting it and just used it straight. I also began drinking a teaspoon a day, then worked my way up to two, bout to do the recommended three teaspoons a day. I first take enough honey to coat my throat, take the teaspoon of vinegar, then more honey to mask the taste, then I chug some water (doesn't matter how much, I do enough to ease the little bit of burning in the tummy) You really do get used to the smell/taste. BE PATIENT!!! I can't stress that enough!!! I was gettin mad cuz some people said they seen great results in "3 days" well it wasn't workin quick enough for me, but I continued anyway! I'm soooooo glad I did! (I've been using this for about 3 weeks now) I've never seen a product with such great reviews, they are endless! I now see why! Try it! As soon as you can! And then spread the word to help others! (I Created an account just to post this review!)

by rachelmalone on 06/24/2014 14:54
Do you wear makeup? If so, how do you wash your makeup off before using the ACV?
by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:01
Amazing, best thing I have ever used to get rid of acne
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

Acne.org should not say home remedies are largely ineffective! I have tried anything from Salyic Acid Pads to Proactive (Benzoylz peroxide) and they are not as effective as ACV! I use AC vinegar and has cleared up most of my acne in three days. I had this huge cystic acne/white head thing on my cheek and it is drastically going down. I dilute the ACV in water, the, apply it to my face. Straight up ACV will burn your skin and your face will turn red, dilute it! I highly recommend it, even millionare Scarlett Johnansen recommends it! Also, my scars are already fading. If you also suffer from body acne, like me, it works wonders! I have bad shoulder acne/keratosis pilaris and mild back acne, and this has cleared up my body acne and keratosis pilaris really good. BTW, the smell goes away in like 5 minutes amd is hardly noticeable.

by ivettal on 03/13/2014 02:24
was there any method or trick you used to get past the taste? i tried drinking it this morning but i almost threw up
by ivettal on 03/13/2014 02:24
by Marcedesman on 04/05/2014 13:01
I don't drink it. I apply it directly to my face.
Miracle!
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

Okay lol. I have combo/oily skin, meaning only my t zone, nose, around nose gets oily & weird as hell. I used BRAGGS apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered,unpasteurized, "with the mother") & water and used it as a toner each morning & night after washing my face. (half water, half ACV). This is a miracle! After I use it as a toner I'll dip a clean q tip into some ACV (JUST ACV, not diluted) and put it ONLY on the pimple. Not on the area/around. It disappears, no scars :) at the most time, 3 days? Least, few hours/overnight. Love this lol AND this works on skin tags. :)

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:01
apple cider vinegar is a miracle .. give it two weeks, drink and use as a toner, you will be estatic, and it eliminates oil all day.
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I had severe acne my whole life, always re applying makeup, hated looking in mirrors, TOOK FOREVER to get ready.. now, after two weeks of ingesting acv plenty of times through out the day, and applying it as a toner NOT DILUTED, and NOT rinsing it, my face is clear. I Can't believe this... The scars are still there, but no new acne has appeared... I am 15 days into this, and can say I don't know what I would have done without it... My skin glows, I have crazy energy, and I feel normal again... Most people wouldn't be happy with the skin I have, as I have red marks all over my face still, but the bumps are completely gone (except for one stubborn one..

Honegar
Reviewed on January 29, 2014

I've suffered with a cluster of spots on my cheeks and jaw line for 3 years now. It's calm sometimes but I'm having bad flare up at the moment. They are burning up almost bubbling with about 15 pimples grrrrr ! I drink honegar but after reading this I've decided to apply to the area directly ! Day 1 is going well so will keep you all updated with the result ! Fingers crossed :)

Day 2 .... The cluster of spots are drying up quite nicely!!!! Happy with this so far !

by kalitia1 on 01/30/2014 09:15
Day 2 ..... The cluster of spots are drying up nicely !!!!! Happy with this so far !!!!
by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:01
works.. need a couple days though:)
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I tried this a long time ago and due to the burning sensation and the fact I saw acne come up, I shelfed this for a long time.. after much reading and research, I found due to it' s detoxifying it brings the deeper acne up to the surface. I took a weekened where I could stay home, applied ACVinegar a few times, left it on for a while then rinsed. I then use baking soda and water paste as a mask, let dry, then moisten, exfoliate the raised acne away and rinse.. use this treatment once a week.. both products cause initial redness and a burning sensation.. you will need time, just a little, after using this. ending rinse with cold water helps

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:02
works i think
Reviewed on December 18, 2013

I have mixed feelings. I think it works. It makes my acne "sweat". After I put it on, my cystic acne starts oozing pus. It burns worse than anything I have tried so far though and hurts my eyes and the smell is overwhelming. I diluted it 50% water. I want to use it more but the experience is not that fun.

Update: It's been about a week and my acne looking better than ever because of ACV. My cystic acne is getting smaller and smaller, almost gone..I have only 3-4 active pimples on my face now!! I had like 10-15 active ones before. Don't know if it will do anything for the scarring I have but I will try to update in another week or so. Someone on here said to give it two weeks. I surprised it's working so fast. Have been using 2x a day, morning and night.

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:02