Page 6 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 408 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on July 11, 2012

i think everyone should give this method a try because it is natural, and will not harm your skin. Even if it doesnt work for you, IT IS STILL WORTH THE TRY!. * This will not completely "cure" your acne, but it sure helps alot~

Reviewed on May 28, 2012

I've been using this in combination with Ponds cold cream for about a week now. In that time my skin has improved a lot. My skin tone has evened out, I haven't had a major break out like I was having for a while, and my skin is soft feeling. I wash with Ponds once in the morning and once at night, followed by a topical application of raw cider vinegar with a little water to water it down. It does sting a little, especially on open or healing blemishes, but it goes away pretty quickly. I was trying to use all natural ingredients on my face and body to clear my acne before trying Ponds (I used coconut oil for a few weeks, it didn't work for me unfortunately). Anyhow, I am attracted to this method because it is all natural and unprocessed. Vinegar is also great for the hair with some baking soda. I do not mind the smell, either. I would definitely recommend this.

Reviewed on April 28, 2012

I'm 30 years old and have suffered with really annoying, sometimes painful cystic acne on my forehead and chin area since I was about 16 or 17 years old. I have tried just about everything under the sun to try to get rid of it, including expensive prescriptions from my doctor, Proactiv, and just about every single over-the-counter product that exists and NOTHING has ever worked. After a really painful breakout on my forehead last week, I did some research on the internet in hopes of finding something that I hadn't tried yet that would help get rid of my acne. I came across several articles on ACV and how well it treats acne. I went out and purchased some Bragg's organic ACV at a local health food store and started applying it to my entire face with cotton balls twice a day after showering and washing my face, and I also started drinking 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water 2-3 times a day in hopes of speeding up the recovery process. I have been doing this regimen for about a week now and I'm already starting to see a difference! My zits have started to harden up and dry out and now they are finally starting to fade a bit! Another huge bonus is that I haven't gotten any new breakouts since starting the ACV. I'm SO excited and I can't wait to see how much more progress I have in the coming weeks. I read that it can take a full month or so to really start seeing significant results, but I'm very optimistic with the results I've had so far. I wish I had known about this years ago! Just as a warning, it will sting quite a bit when you apply it to your face, but that just means that it's soaking into your pores and is working. If it stings too much, you can dilute the vinegar with water, but I don't need to do that since I can handle the stinging. It goes away within a few minutes anyway. It also doesn't taste that great when you drink it, but I've actually gotten used to the taste. Plus, the bad taste is totally worth the results you will get.

Reviewed on April 27, 2012

I encourage everyone who suffers from acne (whether it be cystic, hormonal etc.) to please give ACV a try!

Basically I've suffered from acne for years - I get cysts around my jawline along with minor pimples during that time of the month.

I started using ACV as a toner about 5 days ago and I am not exaggerating, I have seen a complete change in my skin! My scarring is visibily reduced. The cysts somehow are being minimized and other pimples drying out.

My Routine: I dilute the ACV and put it on at night as a toner. Then in the morning I use it as a toner again again but this time I wash it off with Aveeno's face bar.

Once my skin completely clears up I am going to just use it as a toner every other night.

Please this goes out to everyone acne sufferer, try this! You know that feeling you had when your skin used to be clear, but yet now you have somehow forgotten what it feels like? I had that great clear skin feeling today! For the first time in years! Please do try, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on April 22, 2012

It works! I'm the mother of a cystic acne sufferer. Since February she has been on antibiotics (suffered esophogitis due to doxycycline), Epoduo and duac with really no relief. I did research 3 days ago for home remedies on cystic acne relief and getting rid of acne scars. I read posts from actual people (I like forums, the truth is easy to filter out from spammers) saying it worked. I just wanted to pass along how amazed I am after only 3 days of using the apple cider vinegar I've had in my cabinet this whole time, has shrunk cysts overnight and has lightened red scars on her face chest and back! I just can't fathom why someone isn't screaming from the rooftops for acne sufferers everywhere how well ACV works. She also takes Airborne tablets, about 3 a day, supposedly the zinc and other vitamins/minerals in the tablets help as well. As you may know the pharmaceutical cost is astronomical compared to some ACV and Airborne tablets, I'm guessing that's why ACV isn't out there like it should be. My daughter applies the ACV undiluted with a cottonball and takes the Airborne tablets 3x's a day, the change in only 3 days is miraculous and noticeable! Please try it and I hope it works. She tried ingesting a 2 tbsp which was also recommended but she couldn't stomach it. I've read of the ACV in tablet form and we will begin that as well. I'm so happy, she was starting to feel very hopeless. For a whole month of Airborne and a bottle of ACV that should last at least 3months, it's under $20.00!

Reviewed on April 19, 2012

This stuff is kind of amazing. I'm really surprised that more people don't know about it. My acne typically isn't all that terrible, but I AM terrible about picking at them and will often make even small blemishes into scabby atrocities. Sometimes I have gotten those big painful cyst-type zits.

I've been using apple cider vinegar for about 1.5 months and it had kept my face really clear, even during my menstrual cycle. I dilute it with about 25% water, and apply it to problem areas in the evening with a Q-tip. I wash my face in the morning to get rid of the stink. I've been using a natural emu oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil soap; and jojoba as a moisturizer. It's all going great and my skin looks better than it has in a long time. If I notice one forming, I make sure to put the vinegar on that spot and it never really progresses and just fades away. Great alternative to chemical laden treatments like Proactive (which worked for me, but I found the BP was having ill effects on my skin quality).

Reviewed on April 17, 2012

I have only been on it one day, and I am seeing a difference. It's not like a 'PRAISE JESUS MY ACNE IS COMPLETELY GONE' kind of thing, but it is helping. Today not one new pimple formed. Which is remarkable. Everyday basically 3 or 4 new peoples would slowly surface deep under my skin, but today there were none. This gave me a little hope, cause I'm basically at the point where I just want to break down crying cause I honestly give up.

This is what I have been doing. I went to Target and bought one of those little spray bottles. I then went to a local grocery market (that has organic things) and I bought BRAGG's organic apple cider vinegar. I then diluted it to a 1:1 ratio (ACV:H20) and sprayed it on to a cotton ball and put it all over my face (AFTER washing my face and letting it dry a bit of course)

I also found BRAGG's apple cider vinegar all natural drink (apple - cinnamon), which was like a 'hallelujah' moment because earlier I was trying to drink apple cider vinegar diluted with water and that was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. Not that the apple cider vinegar all natural drink (apple - cinnamon) is very much better, but it is MUCH MORE TOLERABLE.

Even though it is disgusting, I strongly suggest drinking it too. Acne is not only superficial, but can be caused by an internal imbalance as well. And I believe the apple cider vinegar will help that.

If you're at your wits end like I am, the smell and taste is a tiny price to pay for some relief.

Reviewed on April 6, 2012

I can't believe how much this has helped my acne. I used to get horrible cystic acne and wouldnt even want to walk out of my house. I noticed a difference right away. It removes dead skin cells leaving my skin nice and smooth. The cystic acne cleared up right away and every once in awhile I'll get tiny zits. I use this in the morning after washing my face and at night I steam my face with IMAGE clear cell cleanser and use the ACV as a toner. I am so happy I found this! Hopefully it works this well for others.

Reviewed on April 4, 2012

I use a light mix of natural (not strained) ACV with water as my toner. I haven't seen dramatic results, but I am getting less spots and the spots I do get last far shorter.

For awhile I thought my skin was more clear due to hormones balancing during the monthly cycle, but it's stayed more clear. So i'm happy. Not free of zits, but happier than I have been, and it's the only toner that works for me. (BP,Salicilc, Tea Tree, Witch hazel ALL do not work for me. SO I'm left with not great options...)

When I wash my face, I rub off the dead skin gently with my fingers. then put on my acv toner. Put on a few drops of lavender oil, and then rub that in with real coconut oil.

Completely cuts the smell of the ACV, and counteracts any drying you may get. I recommend it.