Page 5 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 424 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

Vinegar (as a topical)

Helps my skin glow but seems to be causing acne
Reviewed on December 9, 2013

I began using organic vinegar topically (1.6 vinegar/water ratio), and the first day of usage, I had pimples come up all around my mouth and chin. I've heard that vinegar will sometimes "purge" the skin, causing extra pimples before it improves the skin. Is this true (and perhaps I should continue using the vinegar?)?

by Resa93 on 12/24/2013 07:27
keep using it! When I first started, it burned so bad and my acne would ooze pus, but now its finally healing and new ones aren't coming up anymore. I don't think it "causes" extra pimples, just brings to head the ones that were going to come out eventually anyway.
by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:02
What about if you have it on your back, chest, on your scalp, and the back of your neck ? will it help in all those areas ?
convinced skeptic
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

so i have mild to moderate to severe acne, its mainly on my cheeks and jaw line... I usually dont break out with blackheads or white heads, but i get like red bumps, like a zit is forming but it never forms just stays red and bumpy. i have tried many many things and nothing ever got rid of it. some things would make it more mellow but never gone. now i think alot of my red spots are old scars but idk. theres no texture to some of them just red spots. so last night i made a cider vinegar concotion to use as a toner... just using it one and 95% of my bumps were gone, i have smoooth skin for the most part. the redness is still red but not as bad and mind you i only used it ONCE! obvious results after ONE use. my concotion is the following: 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup brags organic ACV 2 bags of green tea leaves dumped into the mixtures, a crushed Zinc Pill and some tea tree oil and RAW organic honey. it smell waaayyy better than just the ACV! so my routine was wash face with my clarisonic, pat dry, apply my toner with a cotton pad not cotton ball. you will see why.... now since there was the green tea leaves loose in the mixture you get the leaves on your face gently rub those leaves all over your face with the cotton pad and leave it on for a few minutes its like an exfoliant. then rinse off the leaves and take another cotton pad and put the toner on it.... the leaves will be on your cotton pad still because its loose in the toner, but the toner obviously soaks through to the other side of the pad, se that side to apply the toner w/out getting any leaves on your face, once it dries, moisturize and then youre good! i never write reviews but i felt this was important to write! alos i drink green tea and and my ACV to my tea and take zinc and fish oil everyday to improve my skin from the inside! good luck

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 17:02
A perfect addition to any regimen
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I had quite bad acne for many years. After years of finding out what works for me, I was able to get my skin to a tolerable level of a few prominent zits on my face at one time. I decided to add ACV to my regimen twice a day, using a q-tip to apply it to my problem areas, and my skin has never looked better. It dries up and shrinks zits fast, and is perfect for applying to recently lanced whiteheads. I still use retin-a at night and cleanse twice a day, but for 1 dollar a bottle I would recommend adding this to anyones regimen. The smell is prominent, but quickly fades within 5 minutes.

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 22:09
Provides great shine for the hair!
Reviewed on November 17, 2013

My beautician started using this on my hair to reduce split ends and to keep my hair shiny.smells but I love the glossy look my hair retains

by smarie23 on 06/23/2014 07:47
How do you use it on your hair? I've been wanting to try it but I don't know how to use it. Keep me posted! :)
by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 22:10
Day one of using ACV
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I just started using ACV yesterday after doing a couple days of research online. I found that only a few people's acne turned worse after using ACV, most of them have good results, so I decided to give it a try. I have acne since I was 15 and now I am 25, and I have been trying different products and seeing doctors during the past ten years, and the acne was on and off. So here is my routine with ACV yesterday, I drink one TBSP ACV and one TBSP of raw honey with around 300ml of warm water twice a day before meals and I also mix 1ml of ACV with 5ml of water and apply it on my face before bed. I would suggest to mix it with more water at first since the ACV can be quite strong to apply on face, but once you get used to it, you can mix it 50:50. After one day of experiment on using ACV, I found my T zone, esp my nose area, is less oily, and my acnes which are on the cheek and jawline seem more calm. And one thing to note for all ladies, the blood during my menstrual cycle has always been dark brownish red, but after I took ACV twice yesterday, I noticed a change, it becomes more of a pure red, which should be healthier. I think it's the ACV thats working inside my body and I will continue to take it and hope for the best.

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 22:10
Reviewed on May 16, 2013

I combine acv with witch hazel and water; it does great things for my skin, and I use it twice a day. Though it can sting on open skin, it's nothing awful and it's not too drying. Also makes an awesome hair rinse.

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 22:11
Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Been using it almost every day in the shower - after the cleanser I spray my face with 50:50 water concentartion for 1-3 mins, then just rinse with water. It is the best topical I found so far. Mine is not Braggs but it's bio ACV with the mother. When I see a pimple forming I spot treat it and 90% of times it's gone before pop out and the scar/mark is prevented!

Really good stuff for me-try it then you'll know..

by ricky wood1976 on 05/20/2015 22:11
Reviewed on March 23, 2013

So far only been using this for a week. I have had Adult Acne around my chin for 13 years and it just gets worse every month. Taking antibiotics is now not an option for me due to an autoimmune condition so this , if it really does work, will be absolutly fabulous. They only ever temporarily solved the problem anyway.I use it every morning and in the evening.If I hadn.t read other reviews I would have stopped by now as it seems where previous cystic eruptions have been, they are erupting again all in one go! It was very ugly and angry looking. However, when I apply it, I can literally see the white gunk coming to the surface and forming a head! I use coconut , rosehip and lavender oil to mosterise. I shall report back after a couple of weeks. Shame we cant post before and after pics for people to see the difference. I am alos drinking a table spoon twice a day, diluted in water.

by Resa93 on 12/24/2013 07:31
careful about using oil on your face...it can be quite pore clogging. the oil cleansing method is what actually caused my severe cystic acne.
by smarie23 on 06/23/2014 07:50
I agree with the previous comment that oil (especially coconut oil) can significantly clog pores. It too is what gave me the horrible acne I have today. I've heard great things about a light application of rosehip oil but be VERY cautious of coconut oil.
by NaturallyClear on 05/06/2015 15:29
Some oils are actually anti clogging like grape seed oil and jojoba oil. You can get a detox period when first using oils unfortunately. It is best to stick with it for 3 weeks. These oils tend to act like our own sebum to unclog the pores and prevent access oil production.
by NaturallyClear on 05/06/2015 15:29
Reviewed on March 19, 2013

I tried every medication and combination and nothing worked. This WORKS!

Reviewed on February 21, 2013

wonderful product (just make sure it's organic / with "mother"). It's the only product that works well on my skin, u can notice the improvement of your complexion in just a week. When it comes to getting rid of acne, u just have to wait but i promise you, it will give EXCELLENT result. If you feel it's making your skin dry, just put a little ORGANIC/RAW honey on your toner. ( the mixture should be equal parts of acv and water) Just as simple as that.