Page 4 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 402 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on November 17, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar is nature's perfect toner.

Dilute it with water (I promise you'll still get results with a diluted version. If you don't dilute it, you will just burn your skin and aggravate your acne more). I personally add a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil to the water/ACV mixture and generously apply to my entire face and let it air dry on after washing my face with Epicuren Clarify Cleanser and my Clarisonic Mia brush.

The first couple of days I noticed WAY more whiteheads and bumps that felt like they didn't have puss suddenly had a head. Your skin WILL purge. Perhaps try this out during Thanksgiving break and take a week off from social life. But I'm telling you- ACV as my toner has done great things.

Also- I apply the mixture to my face about 4-5 times throughout the day.

****MAKE SURE YOU BUY ORGANIC, WITH "MOTHER" ACV****

"mother" is the sediments that fall to the bottom of the bottle. this is where the healing benefits come from! also- organic because non-organic vinegar is produced with harsh chemicals for your skin.

yay natural skin care for CHEAP! and that WORKS!

Reviewed on November 13, 2012

ACV works. Flat out, WORKS. When I first began using this product I actually broke out even more. All over my face, even in places i never usually grow pimples. But my friend kept telling to stick with it because thats the purging process. The process lasted me about 2 weeks. After that it was clear sailing, my acne has now cleared and now im only left with scars. I bought a dark spot corrector to help with that. But the key to ACV is to STICK WITH IT. Trust me it's worth it. I was skeptical cause nothing had ever worked for me but this is an awesome product. So if you're like me, give it a shot. Stick with it for 3-4 weeks, you will clear up. I just wish it didnt smell, when i workout and sweat, the scent rises out of my face :( haha but hey my acne is cleared!!!!!!

Reviewed on November 7, 2012

I have been finding a way how to lessen the acne scar on my face and i have tried diamond peel already so I'm terrified about abrasive procedures..

I already spent enough to acne so i was trying to find a natural remedy. i read a thread about

Vinegar and a doctor suggested it, not just a poster who heard it from someone who heard it from someone..i was thinking what the heck.. Been battling for acne about 18 years now.. Tried everything i could.

And i already have a vinegar at home.. Hinode vinegar is what i use, its a type of rice vinegar. And its quite effective. My scars lessened and i could actualy cover up my face. Before even if i use make up its soooo. I didnt expect a miracle but at least i saw an effect and didnt spend at all. Thanks! :D

Reviewed on November 4, 2012

I always had beautiful skin until about 3 months ago when I started getingt pimples at the jaw lines and suddenly my forehead exploded overnight a month and a half ago.

I used lots of home remedies (not consistently), a couple of products (a night gel and salicylic acid) but the salicylic acid REALLY dried my skin and I still got more pimples so I stopped using it.

I started using ACV consitently 3 days ago, and man I am happy I did. I mix rose water and ACV 50:50 and I dab it on my skin with a cotton ball (You could also hold it gently over a certain area for just a few seconds) 2-3 times a day.

Now don't get discouraged if you see more visible pimples because it's how it works. It brings out all the clogged pimples that are hiding under your skin preparing to attack anyday and it kills everything from deep down to the top which makes them dry and scab.

Those intense acne pimples will produce the white stuff shortly after and they will go away quickly.

Listen, try this, be consistent, give it a week or two and I promise you that you'll see a profound difference and you'll be on your way to reclaim your beautiful natural skin.

Cheers from a third world country!

Reviewed on November 3, 2012

I've tried absolutely everything to cure or at least control my acne in the last 10 years. Prescriptions, OTC products, expensive OTC products, acutane, even UT (Don't ask why I tried that before this.) ACV has worked extremely well for me in the last two weeks. It took some time to really see results, but I would rather have delayed, sustainable results, than some over the night cure that isn't really good for my skin in the long run.

It works, because it's a natural antiseptic, and when diluted with a little water, it's supposed to balance the skin's pH. After years of various types of txs, it makes sense that my skin's acid mantle is all out of whack, so with repeated use I believe this product is helping to restore my skin's natural durability.

I use it twice a day, morning and night, after washing my face, as a toner. I started by diluting it 1:4 vinegar to water. I'm currently using a 1:3 ratio, and I might even get closer to 1:2 with the next batch I make, at least for spot treatment. I apply it with a cotton ball, let it dry, and apply my regular moisturizer over it, because it can dry your skin out. I haven't had any cystic acne since using this, and any new pimples either dry out or come out within a day or two. I've also noticed that it has helped with my scarring. This is huge for me, and acne products and product for scarring are rarely one in the same.

I also maintain a healthy vegan diet. Cutting out gluten has made a big difference for me. I'm running out of room to write, but please look in to that!! I take a digestive enzyme, EFA oil with DHA, and a calcium/mag/zinc supplement. I've been getting microderms to help with scarring. I try to get at least 10 minutes of sun on my face most mornings. I use Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 soap, because it's one of the most natural soaps I've found. But even with all of this, ACV has made the most noticeable difference in my skin. Definitely worth trying. Give it some time. Go

Reviewed on September 30, 2012

this product is firkin crazy!!! i have had acne since i was 11 so 6 years. i used minocycline, duac, and differin which cimpletely cleared me up. once i stopped because of the terrible side effects all the acne came back. i started drinking acv and taking zinc pills but it didnt do everything. finally i started applying acv topically! and holy crap for 1 week i have been acne free!! this is despite the fact that i masturbated 5 times in the last 2 days! still no whiteheads. usually i have 10 whiteheads after wacking and none after i quit for 3 days. but the acv topical is so powerful that no pimples! i will kick anyones butt who doesnt use this!! u have to give this a try!! it has 100% cleared my acne! thats crazy!!!! best of luck to everyone who wants to clear their acne. and i dont care if you give me thumbs down just please try the acv topical! i promiss you you will not regret at the very least it will help.

by martinityme on 06/14/2014 06:20
Lmao! I've never heard whacking was a correlation to white heads! You learn sometime new every day
Reviewed on September 26, 2012

I have been pimple-free for about 4 months but suddenly, I'm not very sure why but it's probably hormonal changes, I started having a big breakout a week ago, with painful red cysts! It was depressing, especially after a heavenly period of clear skin..but then I came upon some ACV in my cabinet and thought, why not? I am so glad I tried this! I held a swab dipped with it and placed it against one really, deep cyst and after a minute, I can see a head!! Amazing. It has only been 2 days but the redness and swelling has reduced, and brown spots left from a few cysts last week just seemed to have fallen right off of my face! I'm excited for the results after a bit more time. Really..give it a try!!

Reviewed on August 9, 2012

I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for about 3-4 weeks now. In May, during finals I broke out and it never stopped the pimples keep coming back! I got a cyst (acne that hurts) and then it spread. I used products that calmed my acne down, but I still kept breaking out in the same area ( on forehead and between eyebrows). I've been fighting that battle (acne still in the same spot) since mid july! Then I started using Apple Cider Vinegar.

Alright, people could get discouraged by using this product, but it is AMAZING! You have to give it at least 3 weeks. I know... I know that's a lot of time but you will get clear skin.

So in the beginning when I started using ACV, my pimples got really red, so did my acne marks! Then they started to scab (one or two pimples)... THIS IS NORMAL!

The vinegar gets down the the roots so to speak. I got discouraged because they where redder and more visible... Then it happened...

My acne was going away and the redness was clearing up!! I had a huge red mark that completely vanished, and I didn't even scar.

I'm not breaking out in that spot anymore and my mother even complemented my complexion.

Today, I didn't wear make up! Everyone, this stuff is amazing. If you can get passed the acne getting redder and scabbing (healing process) then find something else. But this gets down into your skin and destroys acne with a vengeance!

I will use this for the rest of my life! Please give it a try.

I put my ACV in a little spray bottle (travel size, you can buy at Target or Wal-mart) and spray on my face twice a day. Sometimes only at night, though. Remember it does sting for awhile, but that means it's working :)

You can also use some cotton balls and wipe all over your face.

Do not rinse off, leave it on. Even if you put it on in the morning. The ACV will work throughout the day, killing the acne.

Don't pass this up, ACV is a great natural way to clear ac

Reviewed on August 8, 2012

i use it twice a day and apply it with a cotton toner pad sold at target. it works very well but my wife hates it cause it makes the house stink badly. combined with drinking warm lemon juice i have seen better than average results and believe me this has worked better than everything i've tried and i have tried absolutly everything including accutane which is a complete scam. acne comes back after like a month after you discontinue use.