Page 4 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 408 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Been using it almost every day in the shower - after the cleanser I spray my face with 50:50 water concentartion for 1-3 mins, then just rinse with water. It is the best topical I found so far. Mine is not Braggs but it's bio ACV with the mother. When I see a pimple forming I spot treat it and 90% of times it's gone before pop out and the scar/mark is prevented!

Really good stuff for me-try it then you'll know..

Reviewed on March 23, 2013

So far only been using this for a week. I have had Adult Acne around my chin for 13 years and it just gets worse every month. Taking antibiotics is now not an option for me due to an autoimmune condition so this , if it really does work, will be absolutly fabulous. They only ever temporarily solved the problem anyway.I use it every morning and in the evening.If I hadn.t read other reviews I would have stopped by now as it seems where previous cystic eruptions have been, they are erupting again all in one go! It was very ugly and angry looking. However, when I apply it, I can literally see the white gunk coming to the surface and forming a head! I use coconut , rosehip and lavender oil to mosterise. I shall report back after a couple of weeks. Shame we cant post before and after pics for people to see the difference. I am alos drinking a table spoon twice a day, diluted in water.

by Resa93 on 12/24/2013 07:31
careful about using oil on your face...it can be quite pore clogging. the oil cleansing method is what actually caused my severe cystic acne.
by smarie23 on 06/23/2014 07:50
I agree with the previous comment that oil (especially coconut oil) can significantly clog pores. It too is what gave me the horrible acne I have today. I've heard great things about a light application of rosehip oil but be VERY cautious of coconut oil.
Reviewed on March 19, 2013

I tried every medication and combination and nothing worked. This WORKS!

Reviewed on February 21, 2013

wonderful product (just make sure it's organic / with "mother"). It's the only product that works well on my skin, u can notice the improvement of your complexion in just a week. When it comes to getting rid of acne, u just have to wait but i promise you, it will give EXCELLENT result. If you feel it's making your skin dry, just put a little ORGANIC/RAW honey on your toner. ( the mixture should be equal parts of acv and water) Just as simple as that.

Reviewed on February 19, 2013

I felt like nothing would clear my acne. I have tried many OTC products and prescription medications. I found an article about apple cider vinager. I decided to try it. It has been the most inexpensive and most effective treatment for my ance. I put it on my face full strength after washing and then use oxypads. The routine is drying, but my face is clear!! The main draw back is the smell. I think there is nothing to lose but everything to gain. Just try it.

Reviewed on December 11, 2012

I've been on birth control for months, which was helping to regulate my acne, but I was still getting monthly breakouts, to the extent that my scars from one month's breakouts were still there when new bumps formed the same time the next month. Suddenly, I broke out very badly with the deep, under-the-skin, sore, you-can-feel-where-they-all-are-every-time-you-move-your-face sorts, six or so, right across my lower cheeks area. I read about ACV and decided to start it that night. I washed my face with a bar of soap as always, exfoliated with a warm soapy cloth, then poured one part ACV, two parts water into a small tea cup. I tore off one square of toilet paper and tore it into sections large enough to cover the areas I was breaking out. I dipped them in the ACV/water, then applied each little section to my face over the breakouts. Beware -- it stings but in a hopefully-this-means-it's-doing-something way. After about ten mintes, I've been peeling the TP pieces off and then applying Noxema to my face to cool it down. NOTE: After leaving the doused TP on for a while, your spots and other places on your face will turn white. DO NOT SCRUB THIS AREA. If you do, the white spots will become red and irritated. I've read that your skin turns white in those areas because the ACV helps to remove dead or damaged skin (which is why it helps scarring). Just ignore it and apply a cooling moisturizer, like Noxema. Then, as always, I washed the Noxema off with cold water, patted my face dry and then let the rest dry naturally, then added a light moisturizer.

Bottom Line: It works, it just takes about 2.5 week. I decided to post today because exactly 2.5 weeks ago today, I started this treatment, and today is the first day I've gotten out of the shower and really noticed the improvement (hoorah -- not much makeup for me tomorrow -- at last!)

Best of luck!

Reviewed on November 17, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar is nature's perfect toner.

Dilute it with water (I promise you'll still get results with a diluted version. If you don't dilute it, you will just burn your skin and aggravate your acne more). I personally add a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil to the water/ACV mixture and generously apply to my entire face and let it air dry on after washing my face with Epicuren Clarify Cleanser and my Clarisonic Mia brush.

The first couple of days I noticed WAY more whiteheads and bumps that felt like they didn't have puss suddenly had a head. Your skin WILL purge. Perhaps try this out during Thanksgiving break and take a week off from social life. But I'm telling you- ACV as my toner has done great things.

Also- I apply the mixture to my face about 4-5 times throughout the day.

****MAKE SURE YOU BUY ORGANIC, WITH "MOTHER" ACV****

"mother" is the sediments that fall to the bottom of the bottle. this is where the healing benefits come from! also- organic because non-organic vinegar is produced with harsh chemicals for your skin.

yay natural skin care for CHEAP! and that WORKS!

Reviewed on November 13, 2012

ACV works. Flat out, WORKS. When I first began using this product I actually broke out even more. All over my face, even in places i never usually grow pimples. But my friend kept telling to stick with it because thats the purging process. The process lasted me about 2 weeks. After that it was clear sailing, my acne has now cleared and now im only left with scars. I bought a dark spot corrector to help with that. But the key to ACV is to STICK WITH IT. Trust me it's worth it. I was skeptical cause nothing had ever worked for me but this is an awesome product. So if you're like me, give it a shot. Stick with it for 3-4 weeks, you will clear up. I just wish it didnt smell, when i workout and sweat, the scent rises out of my face :( haha but hey my acne is cleared!!!!!!

Reviewed on November 7, 2012

I have been finding a way how to lessen the acne scar on my face and i have tried diamond peel already so I'm terrified about abrasive procedures..

I already spent enough to acne so i was trying to find a natural remedy. i read a thread about

Vinegar and a doctor suggested it, not just a poster who heard it from someone who heard it from someone..i was thinking what the heck.. Been battling for acne about 18 years now.. Tried everything i could.

And i already have a vinegar at home.. Hinode vinegar is what i use, its a type of rice vinegar. And its quite effective. My scars lessened and i could actualy cover up my face. Before even if i use make up its soooo. I didnt expect a miracle but at least i saw an effect and didnt spend at all. Thanks! :D

Reviewed on November 4, 2012

I always had beautiful skin until about 3 months ago when I started getingt pimples at the jaw lines and suddenly my forehead exploded overnight a month and a half ago.

I used lots of home remedies (not consistently), a couple of products (a night gel and salicylic acid) but the salicylic acid REALLY dried my skin and I still got more pimples so I stopped using it.

I started using ACV consitently 3 days ago, and man I am happy I did. I mix rose water and ACV 50:50 and I dab it on my skin with a cotton ball (You could also hold it gently over a certain area for just a few seconds) 2-3 times a day.

Now don't get discouraged if you see more visible pimples because it's how it works. It brings out all the clogged pimples that are hiding under your skin preparing to attack anyday and it kills everything from deep down to the top which makes them dry and scab.

Those intense acne pimples will produce the white stuff shortly after and they will go away quickly.

Listen, try this, be consistent, give it a week or two and I promise you that you'll see a profound difference and you'll be on your way to reclaim your beautiful natural skin.

Cheers from a third world country!