Page 3 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.3/5 - 451 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

Vinegar (as a topical)

My knight in shining glass - so far anyway
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I never usually write reviews, however I have been so happy with the results of using ACV so far that I decided to write one. In brief, I have suffered from mod-severe acne for about 7 years, and have tried everything in my power to clear it with little success. I finally heard about ACV, and thought what the heck since I've tried everything else - I have since achieved the clearest skin in quite a short period of time. I started using it about 2 weeks ago, initially as a drink with one tbsp mixed with water morning and evening. After 4 days, I hadn't seen any significant changes so I decided to use it as a topical treatment. I was reluctant initially to use it in this way as I have extremely sensitive skin, and had read some bad reviews. So initially I diluted ACV to a ratio of about 1:5 and apply it to my skin at night and in the morning. Surprisingly I had no reaction. As the days went on, I increased the concentration, until now when apply it undiluted.

My skin had a terrible breakout around the chin area prior to using the ACV, and I have always had a few spots on my cheeks. I have lots of hyperpigmented scars on my skin from previous acne - so bad that I've had random beauticians try to give me tips on the tube, despite wearing make-up! It has affected my confidence so much in the past - to the extent that I missed my own graduation. However now I have the clearest skin I've seen in a while, and the red marks are slowly disappearing. Though this may not be the case with everyone looking to use ACV, it may be worth a try.

I use brand 'RAW ACV', which contains the mother. I also drink a tbsp mixed with water once a day. I wash my face with a face-wash in the evenings only, and with just water in the morning. After dabbing on the ACV with a cotton bud I apply aloe vera gel, with some sunscreen in the morning.

by Bp1221 on 10/17/2015 12:03
I just wanted to add to my post - I continued with the acv and am really happy with the results, but I would like to share the other things that I do alongside to help my skin. I am quite careful with my diet - I very rarely have fried food, and have stopped eating dairy. I also try to go for a run at least twice a week for 25 mins. In addition, I take primrose oil (supposedly good for hormonal acne), zinc and calcium with vit D supplements daily. I stopped drinking tea and coffee and have green tea instead. I also try to have minimal sugar in my diet. I have been using/doing these things for much longer than I used the acv. It was only after using the ACV however, that my acne completely cleared. I know this is a lot, and it takes time getting used to, and it's obviously not for everyone. I just wanted to share this for people to know that managing acne requires a multifactorial approach, which varies from person to person.
Magic Bullet
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I haven't used this brand but I have been using Bragg's undiluted vinegar (with the mother in it) and, well, this is the first time I've ever left a comment online in a forum like this and I do so just to share that ACV has proven to be the magic bullet for me. I hope I don't jinx myself in writing this but I have suffered with bacne for twenty years! I have tried every single ointment, pill, potion, cream and tablet. I've been on hardcore medication from dermatologists that dried me out so badly my blood was thick and goopy. I've destroyed countless t-shirts and shirts by using all sorts of acids and I'd given up hope of my body ever regulating itself and sorting this crap out. I tried ACV on a whim and I finally have the skin of a normal person. My bacne has all but disappeared and after two months the red marks have faded away. I've read for some that it doesn't work but for me it's been a miracle cure. I had to share this in case someone else out there, like me, has given up hope and is on the fence about trying ACV. I used it undiluted, just splash it on, leave it to dry - it leaves no stains, doesn't smell - and it has as of right now cured me. I feel normal for once and I can't tell you what a relief it is. Try it. It worked for me. I still can't believe it.

by OneandDoneCommenter on 02/25/2016 23:44
Six months later and I'm back to say that I now have perfect skin. All marks are gone, I rarely if ever get a pimple and I can't believe the cure to my acne was something I could've been using decades ago, something that didn't need to be made in a lab. If you're on the fence, get off it. Use this, stick with it, and break free of acne's cruel grip. It really, truly works. P.S. I've tried organic cider vinegar without the mother in it and it works just as well. Good luck!
Purging or breakout?? 😳
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

After the first day of drinking acv diluted with water, I got swelling bumps and a liitle cystic acne (about 1-3). Is my skin purging? Should I not stop drinking it and just continue? How long will the purging last? :(

by Wakabubbles on 09/03/2015 05:57
Probably Purging. It takes a month until you notice any difference. And then 2-5 months to see significant improvement. However, if you don't see any difference within a month, I'd say it doesn't suit your skin, and you are reacting to it. It takes time.
You have to stick with it!!!
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I have had really bad acne for as long as I can remember, I'm 18 now. I started using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar sticky in the beginning of June. I've tried drinking it in the past, but the taste was just to much for me! Tried putting it on my face a while back and never stuck with it through the purging. So in June I used it for about 2 weeks with no change in my face at all. During the 3 week I starting breaking out. I said this time I'm not stopping, it's only purging. Into the 4th week the purging had stopped and began to clear. I stopped for about 3 days after this and I realized I starting breaking back out so I started back! I have been using it for about a month and 1/2 now and my face looks a lot better then it did when I started. Now it's not completely clear, but it looks a lot better! My forehead has just about no bumps. I still get breakouts, but as long as I keep using the vinegar it's not a lot. I do have to have say the ACV to me seems as if it makes the bumps that so come take longer to come to a head, so they end up lasting longer. When I feel myself getting a bump I don't apply the ACV in that area that way it comes to a head faster. I put it on there after it bust though. Other then that, this is the only thing that I have used that I feel is actually helping my skin, though slowly. My skin feels much more soft and smooth and my breakouts are at a minimum. I am going to continue to use it.

I use it every morning and night after I wash my face. My wash my face with a Benzol peroxide wash first, let my face dry out, then take a cotton ball and the ACV diluted with water and rub it all over my face and let it dry! Anyone using this acne treatment really needs to be patient! Keep using it no matter what! ( unless the purging never stops) if it burns your skin, dilute it some more. Since my skin is more so use to it now I dilute it less. I hope this helps!

by debrasunshine on 08/16/2015 20:43
If you could drink 2Tblspns. with 4oz water once a day, try adding honey, or just down it without it swishing around in your mouth. Double strength acv inside your body and out works to keep acne away! Happy you found acv! How many times has Youtube come to the rescue!
Hmm - Nah
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

ACV... eh

Not good nor bad - Doesn't cause breakouts but doesn't really get rid of them...

by Wakabubbles on 09/03/2015 05:59
You have to keep doing it. Nothing is instant. It takes several months to see change, and 3-5 months to see permanent/significant improvement.
100% effective for chest/back acne
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I used undiluted GOYA ACV twice daily for my chest and back acne, and it cleared completely in about 3 weeks. This is not the first time it has helped me with this kind of acne.

However, I started using EDEN ACV, for my face about one week now, but I am yet to see results.. I have ALOT of tiny pimples all over my face so I know it will take a while to clear up. I am also drinking 2 teaspoons of ACV in a 16 oz glass of water, twice daily.

I will update as soon as I see results.

All the best everyone....

by debrasunshine on 08/16/2015 20:46
Bragg's with the mother is the best ACV! Try it! Try 2 tablspns with 4oz of water more potent and only do once a day! Good Luck!
by Blingjpg on 08/17/2015 14:36
DID YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PURGING? :(
I got even skin tone after using ACV toner but still get new breakouts one after the other... :(
Reviewed on August 2, 2015

i am experiencing regular breakouts especially during my monthly period... I read that ACV can help treat acne... 3 days after using it, i noticed that it dried the acne and the marks... however, on one hand, new breakouts come out in other parts of the face even my period had gone out... though, on the other hand, i noticed that my skin tone got even and glowed...

Is it a natural thing that i still get new pimples even continued use of ACV toner?

I read acne's causes also has something to do with diet... I eat more of carbs (rice and bread), and daily vegetables and fruits and less fast/instant food, less sweets and almost no caffeine...

by debrasunshine on 08/16/2015 20:50
Sugar might be it,but most people want the external treatment when they really need to ACV internally for several weeks to see results. Also Rosehip oil excellent for the skin check it out on google! 2Tablspns ACV & 4oz. water add honey, but I just down it straight down my throat without tasting it; do this once a day. Good thoughts to you!
ACV saved my skin!
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

I have struggled with acne since I was a teenager I am 21 now. I have tried everything and all the products out there have been expensive and either damaged my skin or didn't improve it much. I recently bought my first bottle of organic ACV and was curious of what to use it for. I knew it was great for cleaning but I also saw a thing on its use a toner. I followed the instructions and started using the toner twice a day. Well after about two weeks my skin cleared completely up. I haven't had skin this clear since before puberty! Best thing is ACV is cheap and making toner is super easy. Just a 2:1 ratio with distillers water! I'm so happy I found something that works

Great toner for clogged pores and acne marks
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

Ive been using acv mixed with wather as toner since some months. It helps to calm down my acne and red marks. The only issue is that sometimes it can be irritating and it dries the skin. Appart that I its a great cheap method to help acne prone skin.

by debrasunshine on 08/16/2015 20:53
After toning use rosehip oil, it is excellent for the face. Do the research on it! Hope this helps, try something else is what i tell people.
there are better ways to get clear skin
Reviewed on May 7, 2015

I've tried this out about two years ago when my mum told me about it, at first I was apprehensive about trying it out because of the smell but back then I was so desperate to have clear skin that I'd try anything. Plus I was in that obsessed-with-organic-methods-to-get-clear-skin phase of my acne obsession, so this was bound to happen.

The treatment stung a lot! I don't know whether that was due to not being diluted enough, but it burned and made my face red and warm. I stuck with it though because I was under the impression that if it stings it must be doing something.. bad idea, as that something was basically hurting my skin and making it super acidic and dry (and smelly) Maybe I didn't stick with the treatment for long enough (i did it for a few weeks or maybe months, can't remember) but I can't recall any MAJOR improvement in my mild teen acne. For me it was too strong and it had the same effect on my skin as an alcohol toner in that it created a film on my skin and tightened it and then later I got really really shiny. So for me, the vinegar treatment just wasn't worth it as the bad effects it had on my skin outweighed any effectiveness it may have had in treating my acne.

by debrasunshine on 08/16/2015 21:03
try this: mix tablspn honey with reg.sugar in a bowl, wash your face with when ever soap you use (try african black soap at [link removed]). You dont have to dry it, apply honey blend is a good scrub use cotton pad or your clean finger and massage your whole face you feel the sugar don't massage to hard just get it cleaned. Then rinse in cold dry your face, then try ACV diluted ratio 1:1, then apply rosehip oil straight from the bottle of mix with carrier oil: coconut, sweet almond etc. apply to face as the mositurizer. Do this for 2 weeks straight hope you have great results. FYI The smell of ACV goes away! Use the right stuff on your face, if the ACV is dryng then you have to put moisture on your face to combat this! Try this!