Page 3 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 396 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Reviewed on March 19, 2013

I tried every medication and combination and nothing worked. This WORKS!

Reviewed on February 21, 2013

wonderful product (just make sure it's organic / with "mother"). It's the only product that works well on my skin, u can notice the improvement of your complexion in just a week. When it comes to getting rid of acne, u just have to wait but i promise you, it will give EXCELLENT result. If you feel it's making your skin dry, just put a little ORGANIC/RAW honey on your toner. ( the mixture should be equal parts of acv and water) Just as simple as that.

Reviewed on February 19, 2013

I felt like nothing would clear my acne. I have tried many OTC products and prescription medications. I found an article about apple cider vinager. I decided to try it. It has been the most inexpensive and most effective treatment for my ance. I put it on my face full strength after washing and then use oxypads. The routine is drying, but my face is clear!! The main draw back is the smell. I think there is nothing to lose but everything to gain. Just try it.

Reviewed on December 11, 2012

I've been on birth control for months, which was helping to regulate my acne, but I was still getting monthly breakouts, to the extent that my scars from one month's breakouts were still there when new bumps formed the same time the next month. Suddenly, I broke out very badly with the deep, under-the-skin, sore, you-can-feel-where-they-all-are-every-time-you-move-your-face sorts, six or so, right across my lower cheeks area. I read about ACV and decided to start it that night. I washed my face with a bar of soap as always, exfoliated with a warm soapy cloth, then poured one part ACV, two parts water into a small tea cup. I tore off one square of toilet paper and tore it into sections large enough to cover the areas I was breaking out. I dipped them in the ACV/water, then applied each little section to my face over the breakouts. Beware -- it stings but in a hopefully-this-means-it's-doing-something way. After about ten mintes, I've been peeling the TP pieces off and then applying Noxema to my face to cool it down. NOTE: After leaving the doused TP on for a while, your spots and other places on your face will turn white. DO NOT SCRUB THIS AREA. If you do, the white spots will become red and irritated. I've read that your skin turns white in those areas because the ACV helps to remove dead or damaged skin (which is why it helps scarring). Just ignore it and apply a cooling moisturizer, like Noxema. Then, as always, I washed the Noxema off with cold water, patted my face dry and then let the rest dry naturally, then added a light moisturizer.

Bottom Line: It works, it just takes about 2.5 week. I decided to post today because exactly 2.5 weeks ago today, I started this treatment, and today is the first day I've gotten out of the shower and really noticed the improvement (hoorah -- not much makeup for me tomorrow -- at last!)

Best of luck!

Reviewed on November 17, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar is nature's perfect toner.

Dilute it with water (I promise you'll still get results with a diluted version. If you don't dilute it, you will just burn your skin and aggravate your acne more). I personally add a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil to the water/ACV mixture and generously apply to my entire face and let it air dry on after washing my face with Epicuren Clarify Cleanser and my Clarisonic Mia brush.

The first couple of days I noticed WAY more whiteheads and bumps that felt like they didn't have puss suddenly had a head. Your skin WILL purge. Perhaps try this out during Thanksgiving break and take a week off from social life. But I'm telling you- ACV as my toner has done great things.

Also- I apply the mixture to my face about 4-5 times throughout the day.

****MAKE SURE YOU BUY ORGANIC, WITH "MOTHER" ACV****

"mother" is the sediments that fall to the bottom of the bottle. this is where the healing benefits come from! also- organic because non-organic vinegar is produced with harsh chemicals for your skin.

yay natural skin care for CHEAP! and that WORKS!

Reviewed on November 13, 2012

ACV works. Flat out, WORKS. When I first began using this product I actually broke out even more. All over my face, even in places i never usually grow pimples. But my friend kept telling to stick with it because thats the purging process. The process lasted me about 2 weeks. After that it was clear sailing, my acne has now cleared and now im only left with scars. I bought a dark spot corrector to help with that. But the key to ACV is to STICK WITH IT. Trust me it's worth it. I was skeptical cause nothing had ever worked for me but this is an awesome product. So if you're like me, give it a shot. Stick with it for 3-4 weeks, you will clear up. I just wish it didnt smell, when i workout and sweat, the scent rises out of my face :( haha but hey my acne is cleared!!!!!!

Reviewed on November 7, 2012

I have been finding a way how to lessen the acne scar on my face and i have tried diamond peel already so I'm terrified about abrasive procedures..

I already spent enough to acne so i was trying to find a natural remedy. i read a thread about

Vinegar and a doctor suggested it, not just a poster who heard it from someone who heard it from someone..i was thinking what the heck.. Been battling for acne about 18 years now.. Tried everything i could.

And i already have a vinegar at home.. Hinode vinegar is what i use, its a type of rice vinegar. And its quite effective. My scars lessened and i could actualy cover up my face. Before even if i use make up its soooo. I didnt expect a miracle but at least i saw an effect and didnt spend at all. Thanks! :D

Reviewed on November 4, 2012

I always had beautiful skin until about 3 months ago when I started getingt pimples at the jaw lines and suddenly my forehead exploded overnight a month and a half ago.

I used lots of home remedies (not consistently), a couple of products (a night gel and salicylic acid) but the salicylic acid REALLY dried my skin and I still got more pimples so I stopped using it.

I started using ACV consitently 3 days ago, and man I am happy I did. I mix rose water and ACV 50:50 and I dab it on my skin with a cotton ball (You could also hold it gently over a certain area for just a few seconds) 2-3 times a day.

Now don't get discouraged if you see more visible pimples because it's how it works. It brings out all the clogged pimples that are hiding under your skin preparing to attack anyday and it kills everything from deep down to the top which makes them dry and scab.

Those intense acne pimples will produce the white stuff shortly after and they will go away quickly.

Listen, try this, be consistent, give it a week or two and I promise you that you'll see a profound difference and you'll be on your way to reclaim your beautiful natural skin.

Cheers from a third world country!

Reviewed on November 3, 2012

I've tried absolutely everything to cure or at least control my acne in the last 10 years. Prescriptions, OTC products, expensive OTC products, acutane, even UT (Don't ask why I tried that before this.) ACV has worked extremely well for me in the last two weeks. It took some time to really see results, but I would rather have delayed, sustainable results, than some over the night cure that isn't really good for my skin in the long run.

It works, because it's a natural antiseptic, and when diluted with a little water, it's supposed to balance the skin's pH. After years of various types of txs, it makes sense that my skin's acid mantle is all out of whack, so with repeated use I believe this product is helping to restore my skin's natural durability.

I use it twice a day, morning and night, after washing my face, as a toner. I started by diluting it 1:4 vinegar to water. I'm currently using a 1:3 ratio, and I might even get closer to 1:2 with the next batch I make, at least for spot treatment. I apply it with a cotton ball, let it dry, and apply my regular moisturizer over it, because it can dry your skin out. I haven't had any cystic acne since using this, and any new pimples either dry out or come out within a day or two. I've also noticed that it has helped with my scarring. This is huge for me, and acne products and product for scarring are rarely one in the same.

I also maintain a healthy vegan diet. Cutting out gluten has made a big difference for me. I'm running out of room to write, but please look in to that!! I take a digestive enzyme, EFA oil with DHA, and a calcium/mag/zinc supplement. I've been getting microderms to help with scarring. I try to get at least 10 minutes of sun on my face most mornings. I use Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 soap, because it's one of the most natural soaps I've found. But even with all of this, ACV has made the most noticeable difference in my skin. Definitely worth trying. Give it some time. Go