Page 3 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 400 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Day one of using ACV
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I just started using ACV yesterday after doing a couple days of research online. I found that only a few people's acne turned worse after using ACV, most of them have good results, so I decided to give it a try. I have acne since I was 15 and now I am 25, and I have been trying different products and seeing doctors during the past ten years, and the acne was on and off. So here is my routine with ACV yesterday, I drink one TBSP ACV and one TBSP of raw honey with around 300ml of warm water twice a day before meals and I also mix 1ml of ACV with 5ml of water and apply it on my face before bed. I would suggest to mix it with more water at first since the ACV can be quite strong to apply on face, but once you get used to it, you can mix it 50:50. After one day of experiment on using ACV, I found my T zone, esp my nose area, is less oily, and my acnes which are on the cheek and jawline seem more calm. And one thing to note for all ladies, the blood during my menstrual cycle has always been dark brownish red, but after I took ACV twice yesterday, I noticed a change, it becomes more of a pure red, which should be healthier. I think it's the ACV thats working inside my body and I will continue to take it and hope for the best.

Reviewed on May 16, 2013

I combine acv with witch hazel and water; it does great things for my skin, and I use it twice a day. Though it can sting on open skin, it's nothing awful and it's not too drying. Also makes an awesome hair rinse.

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Been using it almost every day in the shower - after the cleanser I spray my face with 50:50 water concentartion for 1-3 mins, then just rinse with water. It is the best topical I found so far. Mine is not Braggs but it's bio ACV with the mother. When I see a pimple forming I spot treat it and 90% of times it's gone before pop out and the scar/mark is prevented!

Really good stuff for me-try it then you'll know..

Reviewed on March 23, 2013

So far only been using this for a week. I have had Adult Acne around my chin for 13 years and it just gets worse every month. Taking antibiotics is now not an option for me due to an autoimmune condition so this , if it really does work, will be absolutly fabulous. They only ever temporarily solved the problem anyway.I use it every morning and in the evening.If I hadn.t read other reviews I would have stopped by now as it seems where previous cystic eruptions have been, they are erupting again all in one go! It was very ugly and angry looking. However, when I apply it, I can literally see the white gunk coming to the surface and forming a head! I use coconut , rosehip and lavender oil to mosterise. I shall report back after a couple of weeks. Shame we cant post before and after pics for people to see the difference. I am alos drinking a table spoon twice a day, diluted in water.

by Resa93 on 12/24/2013 07:31
careful about using oil on your face...it can be quite pore clogging. the oil cleansing method is what actually caused my severe cystic acne.
by smarie23 on 06/23/2014 07:50
I agree with the previous comment that oil (especially coconut oil) can significantly clog pores. It too is what gave me the horrible acne I have today. I've heard great things about a light application of rosehip oil but be VERY cautious of coconut oil.
Reviewed on March 19, 2013

I tried every medication and combination and nothing worked. This WORKS!

Reviewed on February 21, 2013

wonderful product (just make sure it's organic / with "mother"). It's the only product that works well on my skin, u can notice the improvement of your complexion in just a week. When it comes to getting rid of acne, u just have to wait but i promise you, it will give EXCELLENT result. If you feel it's making your skin dry, just put a little ORGANIC/RAW honey on your toner. ( the mixture should be equal parts of acv and water) Just as simple as that.

Reviewed on February 19, 2013

I felt like nothing would clear my acne. I have tried many OTC products and prescription medications. I found an article about apple cider vinager. I decided to try it. It has been the most inexpensive and most effective treatment for my ance. I put it on my face full strength after washing and then use oxypads. The routine is drying, but my face is clear!! The main draw back is the smell. I think there is nothing to lose but everything to gain. Just try it.

Reviewed on December 11, 2012

I've been on birth control for months, which was helping to regulate my acne, but I was still getting monthly breakouts, to the extent that my scars from one month's breakouts were still there when new bumps formed the same time the next month. Suddenly, I broke out very badly with the deep, under-the-skin, sore, you-can-feel-where-they-all-are-every-time-you-move-your-face sorts, six or so, right across my lower cheeks area. I read about ACV and decided to start it that night. I washed my face with a bar of soap as always, exfoliated with a warm soapy cloth, then poured one part ACV, two parts water into a small tea cup. I tore off one square of toilet paper and tore it into sections large enough to cover the areas I was breaking out. I dipped them in the ACV/water, then applied each little section to my face over the breakouts. Beware -- it stings but in a hopefully-this-means-it's-doing-something way. After about ten mintes, I've been peeling the TP pieces off and then applying Noxema to my face to cool it down. NOTE: After leaving the doused TP on for a while, your spots and other places on your face will turn white. DO NOT SCRUB THIS AREA. If you do, the white spots will become red and irritated. I've read that your skin turns white in those areas because the ACV helps to remove dead or damaged skin (which is why it helps scarring). Just ignore it and apply a cooling moisturizer, like Noxema. Then, as always, I washed the Noxema off with cold water, patted my face dry and then let the rest dry naturally, then added a light moisturizer.

Bottom Line: It works, it just takes about 2.5 week. I decided to post today because exactly 2.5 weeks ago today, I started this treatment, and today is the first day I've gotten out of the shower and really noticed the improvement (hoorah -- not much makeup for me tomorrow -- at last!)

Best of luck!

Reviewed on November 17, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar is nature's perfect toner.

Dilute it with water (I promise you'll still get results with a diluted version. If you don't dilute it, you will just burn your skin and aggravate your acne more). I personally add a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil to the water/ACV mixture and generously apply to my entire face and let it air dry on after washing my face with Epicuren Clarify Cleanser and my Clarisonic Mia brush.

The first couple of days I noticed WAY more whiteheads and bumps that felt like they didn't have puss suddenly had a head. Your skin WILL purge. Perhaps try this out during Thanksgiving break and take a week off from social life. But I'm telling you- ACV as my toner has done great things.

Also- I apply the mixture to my face about 4-5 times throughout the day.

****MAKE SURE YOU BUY ORGANIC, WITH "MOTHER" ACV****

"mother" is the sediments that fall to the bottom of the bottle. this is where the healing benefits come from! also- organic because non-organic vinegar is produced with harsh chemicals for your skin.

yay natural skin care for CHEAP! and that WORKS!

Reviewed on November 13, 2012

ACV works. Flat out, WORKS. When I first began using this product I actually broke out even more. All over my face, even in places i never usually grow pimples. But my friend kept telling to stick with it because thats the purging process. The process lasted me about 2 weeks. After that it was clear sailing, my acne has now cleared and now im only left with scars. I bought a dark spot corrector to help with that. But the key to ACV is to STICK WITH IT. Trust me it's worth it. I was skeptical cause nothing had ever worked for me but this is an awesome product. So if you're like me, give it a shot. Stick with it for 3-4 weeks, you will clear up. I just wish it didnt smell, when i workout and sweat, the scent rises out of my face :( haha but hey my acne is cleared!!!!!!