Page 2 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.3/5 - 452 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

Apple cider vinegar is AMAZING
Reviewed on March 28, 2016

I use it as a toner and it kills my acne while balancing my ph level. I started with 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water then 2 weeks later I did 1 part vinegar 2 parts water and then after a month I did 1 part vinegar with a small dash of water. Might get rid of a lot of your acne overnight and this is coming from someone who tried everything.

by elzsmsr on 05/25/2016 05:40
Hello! I had three times laser resurfacing, before my skin was fine but now facing massive break out on my neck. Been reading about the AVC lately, could you tell me how your skin reacted for the first week of the AVC treatment? Looking forward for your reply.
by MatureSkined on 06/11/2016 19:18
Hey, can I ask in what week did you start seeing results?
Worth a try
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

Good so far for me , been 2 -3 weeks and almost all skin is clear. I always moisturise as it can dry skin after applying mix of acv/water. Worth a try if you have acne!

..STANDING OVATION!
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

Im 26, and im having a mild breakout. Mild that is limited only to flakiness, few pustules, few blackheads and whiteheads, rare cystic one. Not all at the same time, but im breaking out even in the most rare areas of my face(eyebrow, nose line),very annoying! Im guessing this could be hormonal,leading to "leaky gut" (please read about leaky gut, it will aid in your treatment with acne).

So i looked in the internet thru reviews (acne.org), blogs, information sites about the organic, raw, unpasteurized "with the mother" ACV. Ive read about it before, but never really curious to try (because my acne treatment is still going well).

verdict: Thumbs up! Hands up! STANDING OVATION! 1-3 days usage, flakiness gone, red patches gone, few clogged pores remain, minimized whiteheads and blackheads, skins look clearer and whiter. Im on my 1week of using it as a facial toner, and voila, no new cystic one, PROMISE! so far, only 5 treatable pustules emerge, but not all at same time during application.

P.S. I have included treating "leaky gut", while treating acne. I drink 1 tbsp ACV, 3x a day. Morning, noon and before going to bed. This helps my skin clearing, just as short as 1 week:)

A miracle!
Reviewed on December 17, 2015

Okay just to start, I am a 19 year old female who has battled minor acne throughout high school. I used proactive which kept everything at bay and my complexion was almost flawless. Around August of 2015, I began breaking out on my forehead and some on my chin and jawline. I began the oil cleansing method which cleared up my skin almost completely. I then started taking a probiotic supplement at the beginning of November and my skin broke out the worst ever. My forehead was covered in red angry acne that only Got worse even after stopping the probiotics. My chin crews clusters of red acne and some scattered along my cheeks. I tried what felt like everything from "leaving it alone" to oil cleansing to benzoyl peroxide. I was waking up with multiple new zits everyday and I cried almost everyday. It effected my confidence so much. I then came across ACV as a toner. I had heard about it before but didn't think it would ever do anything. One night I decided to dilute it with water, apply it as a toner to a clean face and go to bed. No moisturizer, nothing. I woke up with my skin less red. So I stuck with it and it has been one week and my skin has cleared up about 75% of the way which is insane to me! I am so incredibly happy with the results, as my acne has put me through so much emotional stress and ruined my confidence. Now my routine is this:

Wake up in the morning and apply 1:1 ratio of diluted ACV with water as a toner. That's it.

If if I wore makeup that night for work, I remove it using castor oil and sunflower oil with the oil cleansing method. I then apply ACV diluted as a toner. No moisturizer. My skin is slightly dry but it's a good thing because it's drying out all of my acne! I can't wait to see the results that come after using it more and more. If you have acne and nothing is getting rid of it, I would try this. My skin is sensitive and I cannot use chemicals from products, even moisturizer because it irritates my skin so much

by elzsmsr on 05/25/2016 05:39
Hello Rachel! I had three times laser resurfacing, before my skin was fine but now facing massive break out on my neck. Been reading about the AVC lately, could you tell me how your skin reacted for the first week of the AVC treatment? Looking forward for your reply.
Its Affordable, Worth the try
Reviewed on November 30, 2015

Hi Guys, anyone has been using this for Skin Tags? Can it do wonders to my problems? I got so many skin tags at the back of my neck/nape.

Made my skin look flawless...Until one day it stopped working!
Reviewed on November 21, 2015

Within days ACV totally cleared my skin up (after a 6 month long mild, but essentially constant, breakout), and it stayed beautifully clear for a few glorious weeks. In fact, I would go one further and say that my skin during this time actually looked and felt a lot better than it had before I'd even started getting problem skin - no spots, perfectly smooth etc. The downside is that I started messing with diluting it with rosewater and/or witch hazel (as I hated the smell of it neat) and it slowly stopped working for me.

At this point I've taken a brief break from using it, hoping beyond hope that, I'll be able to reintroduce it into my skincare routine with somewhat similar results - as nothing before ACV gave me such fantastic results. Ugh.

Apple Cider for my Tags and warts?
Reviewed on November 20, 2015

Hey guys, some friend told me that an Apple Cider Vinegar will help remove my tags and warts. Is this true? They claim that if you apply even just once a day to the ares, it will slowly dry up and eventually comes off or be removed/healed. Please someone of enough knowledge on this, talk to me.

by JazzyLooks on 11/30/2015 10:25
Hi have you try this on you? I think we have the same issues on skin tags. Please let me know if this works for you. thanks
Works for menopausal/hormonal acne!
Reviewed on November 3, 2015

I've scanned a lot of ACV reviews without finding anything from people my age, so will leave one for the occasional senior among us...

I'm 64 and have had hormonal acne since having a hysterectomy years ago. I do use an estrogen patch, but still have crazy hormones.

I've tried antibiotics and spironolactone, which worked while I was on them, but neither are healthy long term so I quit -- and broke out again. Tropicals that have failed include Retin-A, Tazorac, Aczone, Fiacea, and a bunch of OTC acne treatments.

After suffering with some very deep, painful cysts along the jawline, I recently decided to give Bragg's ACV a try. At the outset, I had at least 10 very deep and painful red spots on my jaw and forehead along with some smaller breakouts. It was probably the worst it's ever been. I began drinking 2 tablespoons of Bragg ACV in 8 oz water twice a day and applying it undiluted as a toner after washing with African black soap and followed by CeraVe moisturizing lotion. The ACV stings any open areas on my face when applied, but that goes away quickly without leaving any residual redness. The only real negative is that the vinegar smell lingers on my hands, even after washing them. This is the only reason that I've given it 4 stars instead of 5. That said, the smell is a small price to pay for the benefits, which have been impressive. All of the original lesions have dried up and I've only gotten one tiny spot (not cystic) next to my nose. That one dried up within hours of an application of ACV. My T-zone is oily, but cheeks are a bit on the dry side, so I don't apply the ACV there unless I see a spot. Some people have said the ACV is drying, but if it doesn't upset my 64 year old skin, it can't be too bad! I'll add that I'm fair skinned and have fairly sensitive skin, so should be a pretty good judge... There's still some redness from the cysts, but that's clearing up and my skin looks great otherwise. If this continues to work it will save me a lot of money and prevent exposure to tons of pharmaceuticals, all of which come with substantial warnings.

I'll try to remember to do a follow up in a few months...

Terrible!
Reviewed on October 14, 2015

My skin's been wrecked by this and my acne 10 times worse.

by JazzyLooks on 11/30/2015 10:26
Does it pains you when uyou used this? I'm planning to buy a bottle to try it on my skin tags.
by Dancer4374 on 12/13/2015 21:07
What did you do to make it worse? Did you just simply pour it on your face? Please be specific because I am dealing with acne and would love for you to share your detailed opinion about Apple Cider Vinegar. Thanks!
Using for 2 weeks no results yet
Reviewed on October 14, 2015

I'm using Braggs organic ACV with the mother in it 2x a day. I bought a plastic bottle and mixed 1/2 ACV and 1/2 bottled water shake it and put it on my skin!!! I also drink a full glass of water with ACV in it at night before bed!!! So this is my routine wash face let it dry put the Diluted ACV on a cotton ball and cleanse my skin like a toner let it dry and follow by moisturizer after. I been using Cerave PM moisturizing lotion!! I have pimples on my jawline/chin and neck!!! The pimples on my jawline are so stubborn they won't shrink or disappear no matter what I do ... Since my skin hasn't got worse yet I will continue to use Braggs for 3 months ... If anything gets better or worse I will report back ... So fingers crossed

by BeautyQQ on 06/11/2016 04:02