Page 2 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 408 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Miracle Product
Reviewed on August 26, 2014

Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar cured my acne around a year ago. I used a 2:1 ratio of vinegar to water and worked up to undiluted. I also drank 2 tablespoons a day, diluted with lots of water. Over the next few months I got a bit cocky with my skincare and started playing around with my cleansers and moisturisers etc. Within 4 months my acne was returning in the form of little bumps under my skin. Thinking it was an allergic reaction I was prescribed a moisturising cream and told to wait it out, of course it got progressively worse, I couldn't tell you what possessed me not to just start using the ACV again but I didn't. I went back to the doctor and I was prescribed Differin 0.1% which proceeded to "purge" my skin to the point where my acne was the most severe it has ever been. My face was covered in closed comedones, blackheads and whiteheads. Eventually I quit using the Differin because my acne had become too painful. I went back to the doctor and picked up some Duac to try to calm this horrific breakout. I am now at a point where my skin is on the way to being better. Thanks in part to Duac and in part to Apple Cider Vinegar, which I have begun to use, diluted, in my skincare routine and began ingesting 2 table spoons a day. If it cured me before it can do it again! And my god, I will never stop using this stuff. Please, please be careful with your skincare routine, if it works? DON'T mess with it!

Apple Cider Vinegar
Reviewed on July 26, 2014

I've suffered from acne since I was 10, and I have tried almost anything from home remedies to over-the-counter and drugstore products to clear up my skin without great results. My skin has been a lot better through the past 12 years, probably due to hormone changes, but I still fight with a lot of blackheads and small to medium sized spots. So when I heard about using vinegar, apple cider in this case, i thought "what the heck, I have nothing to lose". And boy, was I surprised! I've been using it as a toner/treatment for about two weeks now, and I do not have a single spot. I still have some blackheads, but I think it takes a lot longer to clear my skin from those bastards. I've been diluting the vinegar with water because undiluted vinegar is still a bit too rough for my skin.

The smell is not very pleasant, but it's worth it. It goes away after a few minutes. It makes my face super soft, and for some reason, moisturized. This stuff is liquid magic! I won't buy another toner as long as I've got vinegar as my life savior. It has even minimized my pores and I hope that it will do something about my scars as well. This is definitely the best thing I've tried yet!

by Kimkenjic on 07/27/2014 04:09
We just started on the apple cider vinegar tablets. Been a week now..praying it helps my son...gonna try to get him to let me try the actual,liquid as a toner...
by katweltz on 07/27/2014 19:54
kimkenjic that sounds like a great idea :) Just remember to dilute the vinegar with water, maybe 50/50. It's never a good idea to put undiluted vinegar on the skin at first, it will burn. When the skin has adjusted to the mix, you can use more vinegar and less water.
Please give apple cider vinegar a shot!!!
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I have tried everything from acne clearing systems to prescription creams and it turns out the answer for my acne was in my pantry the whole time. I was skeptical to use home remedies for my acne because I had always heard that benzol peroxide and other prescription creams were the way to go. However nothing else that I'd tried had been giving me consistent results so I figured I had to just give apple cider vinegar a shot! Now after I have been following my new skin care regimen for 2 weeks I can see a considerable reduction in the frequency and severity of my breakouts along with reduced pore size and an overall more glowing complexion. It sounds too good to be true, but please just try it out for yourself :)

I wash my face morning and night with Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil castile soap and then follow with the ACV as a toner. At first I used a 1:3 ACV to water ratio but I now use equal parts ACV and water. I apply this mixture with a cotton ball and dab it all over my face. Lastly I spot treat any pimples with straight ACV on a q-tip. I just hold the q-tip over the problem area for a few seconds. If my face is feeling dry after the ACV has dried I will apply a light moisturizer (I use alba green tea and aloe) as needed.

I used to get frequent breakouts all over my face and now I rarely break out and if I do the size of the pimple is much smaller and not as deep. Also, if I feel a pimple coming on at night I will treat it with ACV and in the morning it is hardly noticeable. I really love the way my face feels after transitioning over to all natural products, and my face obviously likes the products too.

I wish I had tried out ACV a long time ago and I hope that you try it out for yourself and see results like I did!!!

by TrinaMaeD on 09/20/2014 06:04
Can i apply powder after using ACV? Please reply
by TrinaMaeD on 09/20/2014 06:04
Can i apply powder after using ACV? Please reply
A MUST READ FOR YOU GUYS WHO WANTED CLEAR SKIN
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

Hello! I've been suffering from acne since I was 11 years old and that affected my confidence, I rarely go out of our house because I was so embarrassed of what my face looks like. I have tried many products but none of it really cleared up my skin. So my major breakout was when I was 14-15 years old (I'm 16 now, btw) and I was so desperate to clear and cure my acne because it really sucks having those bumps and puss on your face. :'( And then finally!!! MY FACE CLEARED UP. What I did was to use Sulfur soap (Dr. Wongs Sulfur soap) which works slowly but it really is effective if you are patient then after patting my face dry, I'll put Eskinol and I'll mix Dalacin-c, I'll use that before I go to bed. DON'T use this treatment when going out under the sun because it might burn your face. and don't use this treatment for too long because the dalacin-c will no longer be effective because it is an antibiotic. BUT IT IS REALLY EFFECTIVE, YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE TWO WEEKS AFTER USING IT. I am also using baking soda twice a week and/or Egg yolk mask. this routine cleared up my skin. But just this March I started breaking out again, not that bad tho but it won't stop so I have acne marks again on my skin which really frustrates me a lot. So what I did this time was different, I am putting honey in my face and rub it in circular motion and after a minute or two I'll wash it and then I bought Cetaphil facial cleanser and wash my face with the cleanser, after that, I'll use Apple cider vinegar as a toner (Diluted 50% water, 50% acv) and when my face absorbed the toner I then put Palmer's cocoa butter Skin Therapy Oil for my acne marks or hyperpigmentation and after that I'll put Petroleum Jelly for the dry patches on my skin because my skin is Combination. I noticed the change on my face after 2 or 3 days. I am doing this twice a day, morning and night. It never broke me out. Ever. Now I'm just waiting for my pimple marks to fade. I'm so happy with the condition of my skin right now and I gained my confidence back. Stick to natural methods. It will do miracle. =)) I am planning to buy another box of baking soda because it's doing its job well on fading my marks and preventing pimples from coming out. I am also doing Oatmeal + Honey + Tea face mask or Turmeric + Honey face mask once a week. I also exfoliate using Oatmeal only once or twice a week. I tried exfoliating with sugar but I broke out after using it, I thought that's not the cause so the following week I used that again but sadly, I broke out again after that so I changed to oatmeal. It leaves my skin soft. I also drink tea (green or black). I also tried drinking ACV, a cup of water + 1 tsp of ACV, in empty stomach before. It really did its job. I noticed dramatic changes 2 or 3 days after :) and drink lots of water. It really helps. Occasionally, I rub banana peels on my face before I wash my face whenever there is banana available on our kitchen. Hahaha. I also tried using Defensil, it's so good!!! But I decided to use the Cetaphil instead. But you can use Defensil also because it really dried up my pimples. :) So yea, guys, you might wanna try those routines that I did because I can vouch for its effectiveness. :) God bless and don't give up! You guys can fight those suckers. :)

Reviewed on June 8, 2014

I can't stress how many different products and home remedies I have tried over the past 7 years to combat my acne. I tried it all. Whilst some treatments were effective in the short term or for spot treatment, they all seemed to throw my skin out of balance and worsen my acne in the end.

I just want to preach for a little second and say that the majority of over the counter products are full of chemicals that disrupt your skin's pH balance. What you're doing is stripping your face of its natural oils, which makes your skin go, "alrighty, better overproduce sebum to compensate for what was just stolen from me!", which causes oily skin and acne. This leads me to why apple cider vinegar is the most beautiful substance on earth; it is acidic and full of enzymes which restore your skin's natural pH levels, making for soft, smooth, beautiful acne free skin.

I use Bragg's ACV undiluted (it took a while for my skin to adapt to this so you may want to start by diluting 50/50 with water) by soaking a makeup remover pad in it and gently rubbing it all over my face morning and night. It is the only thing I use on my face aside from makeup, I don't even use water.

I have also been drinking a couple of tablespoons every day. I find it best to mix the ACV in a big bottle of water and drinking it throughout the day. That way it is diluted enough to mask the unpleasant taste (having said that I'm actually used to it now) and to also encourage you to drink more water which is also awesome for your skin.

This is the only review I have ever written for anything and I did so because acne is a huge confidence wrecker and an overall dickhead that I'm sure if you're browsing this website you'd like to be rid of. I've been using ACV for a few months now and it is continuing to work wonders for me. My skin hasn't been totally blemish free like this since I was 12 and I 100% attribute this to ACV. It's so worth a try, I really wish somebody told me this years ago. Don't waste copious amounts of money on damaging your face with harsh chemical concoctions. Get some ACV in your belly and on your face.

by impishAJ on 07/13/2014 02:49
Did this work with the pasturized kind or did you use the organic unpasturized "mother" kind.?
never believe natural remedies again
Reviewed on May 15, 2014

been stick to it for like 2 month and used two bottle of ACV. it's organic. I used topically and internally. Never worked really..

Slow but steady
Reviewed on May 13, 2014

I had actually used BP, with success for about 2 years, when it suddenly stopped working, became really irritating, and I broke out over my entire face, including in areas like my jaw line where I had never broken out before. I tried a variety of products for about 6 months and failed to find anything that worked even a little bit. Then I found some vinegar in a cabinet. I put a few tablespoons in a bowl with water that was hot enough that it was steaming but not so hot it would burn and soaked a face clothe in the mixture. I then laid the face clothe on my face for about a minute--DON'T RUB--but do make sure it touches every part of your skin. I repeated several times before pouring the bowl out. I did this once a day for about a week while my skin adjusted and then twice a day for the next week. I was not very hopeful about this and for the first 5 days, it looked like absolutely nothing had changed. But on the 6th or 7th day, my skin looked dramatically different! Not just less pimply, but also the clear patches had very nice skin tone, not oily or dry, and very healthy looking. There was another plateau for a few days and then it looked dramatically different again. This pattern has continued for the last 3 weeks. ACV does not work that quickly, but it DOES work, and so far my skin is still improving after three weeks which is better than any other natural or medicated product I have used so far.

I was not doing anything else in combination with this--I only wash my face with water once a day and without touching it (I just let the water in the shower run over it because touching my face always seem to aggravate things) and had not changed my diet, started any medication, or used any other product, so ACV made a significant difference. The other good thing is that after 3 weeks, if I skipped treatment for a few days, my skin didn't get worse, which is what happened with other products--it maintained where it had been after the last treatment which makes me hope that this might be more sustainable and that I could eventually stop using this at all.

A must!
Reviewed on April 30, 2014

Everyone who has acne NEEDS to try this! I haven't had a clear face in over 10 years!! I'm a 23 year old female and had enough acne to make me self conscious, always had trouble covering it with make up. It really gets annoying spending so much on make up and different products trying to look flawless, while other people seem to be born perfect with their clear skin! Ha. Anyways recently Ive been looking up reviews on literally everything! And stumbled across this...why isn't this on commercials on EVERY channel?!?! I paid $6 on a big bottle of braggs organic apple cider vinegar (has to be this one!!!!!!!!!!) and I very lightly diluted some in a little glass, washed my face and wiped it all over face and neck, slept overnight with it on. For the most part I left it on at all times, some people don't, just find out what works for you. After a couple days I stopped diluting it and just used it straight. I also began drinking a teaspoon a day, then worked my way up to two, bout to do the recommended three teaspoons a day. I first take enough honey to coat my throat, take the teaspoon of vinegar, then more honey to mask the taste, then I chug some water (doesn't matter how much, I do enough to ease the little bit of burning in the tummy) You really do get used to the smell/taste. BE PATIENT!!! I can't stress that enough!!! I was gettin mad cuz some people said they seen great results in "3 days" well it wasn't workin quick enough for me, but I continued anyway! I'm soooooo glad I did! (I've been using this for about 3 weeks now) I've never seen a product with such great reviews, they are endless! I now see why! Try it! As soon as you can! And then spread the word to help others! (I Created an account just to post this review!)

by rachelmalone on 06/24/2014 14:54
Do you wear makeup? If so, how do you wash your makeup off before using the ACV?
Amazing, best thing I have ever used to get rid of acne
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

Acne.org should not say home remedies are largely ineffective! I have tried anything from Salyic Acid Pads to Proactive (Benzoylz peroxide) and they are not as effective as ACV! I use AC vinegar and has cleared up most of my acne in three days. I had this huge cystic acne/white head thing on my cheek and it is drastically going down. I dilute the ACV in water, the, apply it to my face. Straight up ACV will burn your skin and your face will turn red, dilute it! I highly recommend it, even millionare Scarlett Johnansen recommends it! Also, my scars are already fading. If you also suffer from body acne, like me, it works wonders! I have bad shoulder acne/keratosis pilaris and mild back acne, and this has cleared up my body acne and keratosis pilaris really good. BTW, the smell goes away in like 5 minutes amd is hardly noticeable.

by ivettal on 03/13/2014 02:24
was there any method or trick you used to get past the taste? i tried drinking it this morning but i almost threw up
by ivettal on 03/13/2014 02:24
by Marcedesman on 04/05/2014 13:01
I don't drink it. I apply it directly to my face.
Miracle!
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

Okay lol. I have combo/oily skin, meaning only my t zone, nose, around nose gets oily & weird as hell. I used BRAGGS apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered,unpasteurized, "with the mother") & water and used it as a toner each morning & night after washing my face. (half water, half ACV). This is a miracle! After I use it as a toner I'll dip a clean q tip into some ACV (JUST ACV, not diluted) and put it ONLY on the pimple. Not on the area/around. It disappears, no scars :) at the most time, 3 days? Least, few hours/overnight. Love this lol AND this works on skin tags. :)