Page 2 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.3/5 - 449 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

A miracle!
Reviewed on December 17, 2015

Okay just to start, I am a 19 year old female who has battled minor acne throughout high school. I used proactive which kept everything at bay and my complexion was almost flawless. Around August of 2015, I began breaking out on my forehead and some on my chin and jawline. I began the oil cleansing method which cleared up my skin almost completely. I then started taking a probiotic supplement at the beginning of November and my skin broke out the worst ever. My forehead was covered in red angry acne that only Got worse even after stopping the probiotics. My chin crews clusters of red acne and some scattered along my cheeks. I tried what felt like everything from "leaving it alone" to oil cleansing to benzoyl peroxide. I was waking up with multiple new zits everyday and I cried almost everyday. It effected my confidence so much. I then came across ACV as a toner. I had heard about it before but didn't think it would ever do anything. One night I decided to dilute it with water, apply it as a toner to a clean face and go to bed. No moisturizer, nothing. I woke up with my skin less red. So I stuck with it and it has been one week and my skin has cleared up about 75% of the way which is insane to me! I am so incredibly happy with the results, as my acne has put me through so much emotional stress and ruined my confidence. Now my routine is this:

Wake up in the morning and apply 1:1 ratio of diluted ACV with water as a toner. That's it.

If if I wore makeup that night for work, I remove it using castor oil and sunflower oil with the oil cleansing method. I then apply ACV diluted as a toner. No moisturizer. My skin is slightly dry but it's a good thing because it's drying out all of my acne! I can't wait to see the results that come after using it more and more. If you have acne and nothing is getting rid of it, I would try this. My skin is sensitive and I cannot use chemicals from products, even moisturizer because it irritates my skin so much

by elzsmsr on 05/25/2016 05:39
Hello Rachel! I had three times laser resurfacing, before my skin was fine but now facing massive break out on my neck. Been reading about the AVC lately, could you tell me how your skin reacted for the first week of the AVC treatment? Looking forward for your reply.
Its Affordable, Worth the try
Reviewed on November 30, 2015

Hi Guys, anyone has been using this for Skin Tags? Can it do wonders to my problems? I got so many skin tags at the back of my neck/nape.

Made my skin look flawless...Until one day it stopped working!
Reviewed on November 21, 2015

Within days ACV totally cleared my skin up (after a 6 month long mild, but essentially constant, breakout), and it stayed beautifully clear for a few glorious weeks. In fact, I would go one further and say that my skin during this time actually looked and felt a lot better than it had before I'd even started getting problem skin - no spots, perfectly smooth etc. The downside is that I started messing with diluting it with rosewater and/or witch hazel (as I hated the smell of it neat) and it slowly stopped working for me.

At this point I've taken a brief break from using it, hoping beyond hope that, I'll be able to reintroduce it into my skincare routine with somewhat similar results - as nothing before ACV gave me such fantastic results. Ugh.

Apple Cider for my Tags and warts?
Reviewed on November 20, 2015

Hey guys, some friend told me that an Apple Cider Vinegar will help remove my tags and warts. Is this true? They claim that if you apply even just once a day to the ares, it will slowly dry up and eventually comes off or be removed/healed. Please someone of enough knowledge on this, talk to me.

by JazzyLooks on 11/30/2015 10:25
Hi have you try this on you? I think we have the same issues on skin tags. Please let me know if this works for you. thanks
Works for menopausal/hormonal acne!
Reviewed on November 3, 2015

I've scanned a lot of ACV reviews without finding anything from people my age, so will leave one for the occasional senior among us...

I'm 64 and have had hormonal acne since having a hysterectomy years ago. I do use an estrogen patch, but still have crazy hormones.

I've tried antibiotics and spironolactone, which worked while I was on them, but neither are healthy long term so I quit -- and broke out again. Tropicals that have failed include Retin-A, Tazorac, Aczone, Fiacea, and a bunch of OTC acne treatments.

After suffering with some very deep, painful cysts along the jawline, I recently decided to give Bragg's ACV a try. At the outset, I had at least 10 very deep and painful red spots on my jaw and forehead along with some smaller breakouts. It was probably the worst it's ever been. I began drinking 2 tablespoons of Bragg ACV in 8 oz water twice a day and applying it undiluted as a toner after washing with African black soap and followed by CeraVe moisturizing lotion. The ACV stings any open areas on my face when applied, but that goes away quickly without leaving any residual redness. The only real negative is that the vinegar smell lingers on my hands, even after washing them. This is the only reason that I've given it 4 stars instead of 5. That said, the smell is a small price to pay for the benefits, which have been impressive. All of the original lesions have dried up and I've only gotten one tiny spot (not cystic) next to my nose. That one dried up within hours of an application of ACV. My T-zone is oily, but cheeks are a bit on the dry side, so I don't apply the ACV there unless I see a spot. Some people have said the ACV is drying, but if it doesn't upset my 64 year old skin, it can't be too bad! I'll add that I'm fair skinned and have fairly sensitive skin, so should be a pretty good judge... There's still some redness from the cysts, but that's clearing up and my skin looks great otherwise. If this continues to work it will save me a lot of money and prevent exposure to tons of pharmaceuticals, all of which come with substantial warnings.

I'll try to remember to do a follow up in a few months...

Terrible!
Reviewed on October 14, 2015

My skin's been wrecked by this and my acne 10 times worse.

by JazzyLooks on 11/30/2015 10:26
Does it pains you when uyou used this? I'm planning to buy a bottle to try it on my skin tags.
by Dancer4374 on 12/13/2015 21:07
What did you do to make it worse? Did you just simply pour it on your face? Please be specific because I am dealing with acne and would love for you to share your detailed opinion about Apple Cider Vinegar. Thanks!
Using for 2 weeks no results yet
Reviewed on October 14, 2015

I'm using Braggs organic ACV with the mother in it 2x a day. I bought a plastic bottle and mixed 1/2 ACV and 1/2 bottled water shake it and put it on my skin!!! I also drink a full glass of water with ACV in it at night before bed!!! So this is my routine wash face let it dry put the Diluted ACV on a cotton ball and cleanse my skin like a toner let it dry and follow by moisturizer after. I been using Cerave PM moisturizing lotion!! I have pimples on my jawline/chin and neck!!! The pimples on my jawline are so stubborn they won't shrink or disappear no matter what I do ... Since my skin hasn't got worse yet I will continue to use Braggs for 3 months ... If anything gets better or worse I will report back ... So fingers crossed

by BeautyQQ on 06/11/2016 04:02
How your skin now?
YES - it really works!
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

YES! This works. I took my son to a derma and bought the expensive meds he prescribed. They didn't help so we went back and the derma was a jerk to us…..so I came home and found this apple cider vinegar info on the net. Well - we tried it and it worked. And it worked fairly quickly - within a couple of weeks. He has not had acne in the past 6 years since!

We used the organic apple cider vinegar that costs about $2.

Yes it tastes weird…but the craft bartenders are now even using vinegars. Try it - please!

Diane

by NickyL on 10/02/2015 17:15
1st review ever!! OH My God , I feel like an idiot for not trying this earlier, excuse my rambling but I'm very excited, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I ever herd, though of smelling like a salad ect. I am in the Architectural / engineering field and I am highly into research / latest technology I follow the most recent medical developments ect. I have been suffering with acne in my T-area and cheeks , jawbone since 18 yrs old and I am now 46. I come home from target yesterday with a bottle of ACV and distilled water to try it out all for 8 bucks, I just paid $327 for a tube of useless soolantra waiting to get reimbursed from my insurance by next week because required a prior authoriz. my wife was like " what are you doing " I mixed a 50/50 potion and locked myself in the bathroom for an hour, yelled out to her if I'm not out in an hour call the paramedics. I have extremely sensitive skin on my T-area so I thought I was going to have a bad reaction but I'll try anything once. I have tried every kind of cream for 30 years to no avail , derma was pushing accutane but I have heard some terrible things and I have 3 kids to raise, the fact that your oil glands can grow back to normal after accutane discourages me from trying it. So I applied the ACV mix with cotton balls, stung a little but that's nothing compared to creams I have had adverse reactions to. I have been hospitalized twice for an out of control pimple that almost took over my head. In one hour the redness in my T-area went away about 90% , face felt refreshed, oil under control, my skin would be oily in a half hour after washing with all kinds of soaps before, tried moisturizers after washing but face would get really greasy. Its been 18 hrs since I applied the magic potion on face 3 times I have used no soap, skin gets a little oily now but no where near like it was prior, Guess it's true about the PH / Skin Mantle / Acid ect. First time in 30 years I have woken up with no new bumps, terrible oily skin, or swollen T-area and of course the pimple or cyst of the day special. This has to work for me because nothing else has ever worked. I plan on having a long talk with my derma and her staff ( hate her staff even more ) I'm going to make a scene in her waiting room , waiting for what? So we put a man on the moon in 1969 with a computer that was less powerful than my 9th graders calculator and we cant control acne? ACV is an ancient treatment for all kinds of ailments. OOps there's insufficient research and drug companies cant make a dime, cant prescribe ACV because you'll never come back to my office and pay $150 bucks at a clip for 15 min, $300 creams? Its ok to pay for the stuff if works. ACV cost me 6 bucks, overpaid at Target because I'm in NY. The thought of being prescribed stupid creams and medications that will make you grow an eyeball on your liver is horrifying. I am furious with current and previous dermatologists, but at the same time very happy. I cant believe the results in 18hrs, got my face back, no embarrassing redness, the doctors couldn't even tell if it was Rosacia. I'll post more results in 3 weeks. I plan on taking 2 tablespoons with 8oz. of water 3 times a week, as others had success with for internal use, try to funnel it down because it's not good for the teeth, then again Halloween is coming, If you are suffering try this, I can't believe it worked for me. thanks for reading. Nick
by NickyL on 10/02/2015 17:15
My knight in shining glass - so far anyway
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I never usually write reviews, however I have been so happy with the results of using ACV so far that I decided to write one. In brief, I have suffered from mod-severe acne for about 7 years, and have tried everything in my power to clear it with little success. I finally heard about ACV, and thought what the heck since I've tried everything else - I have since achieved the clearest skin in quite a short period of time. I started using it about 2 weeks ago, initially as a drink with one tbsp mixed with water morning and evening. After 4 days, I hadn't seen any significant changes so I decided to use it as a topical treatment. I was reluctant initially to use it in this way as I have extremely sensitive skin, and had read some bad reviews. So initially I diluted ACV to a ratio of about 1:5 and apply it to my skin at night and in the morning. Surprisingly I had no reaction. As the days went on, I increased the concentration, until now when apply it undiluted.

My skin had a terrible breakout around the chin area prior to using the ACV, and I have always had a few spots on my cheeks. I have lots of hyperpigmented scars on my skin from previous acne - so bad that I've had random beauticians try to give me tips on the tube, despite wearing make-up! It has affected my confidence so much in the past - to the extent that I missed my own graduation. However now I have the clearest skin I've seen in a while, and the red marks are slowly disappearing. Though this may not be the case with everyone looking to use ACV, it may be worth a try.

I use brand 'RAW ACV', which contains the mother. I also drink a tbsp mixed with water once a day. I wash my face with a face-wash in the evenings only, and with just water in the morning. After dabbing on the ACV with a cotton bud I apply aloe vera gel, with some sunscreen in the morning.

by Bp1221 on 10/17/2015 12:03
I just wanted to add to my post - I continued with the acv and am really happy with the results, but I would like to share the other things that I do alongside to help my skin. I am quite careful with my diet - I very rarely have fried food, and have stopped eating dairy. I also try to go for a run at least twice a week for 25 mins. In addition, I take primrose oil (supposedly good for hormonal acne), zinc and calcium with vit D supplements daily. I stopped drinking tea and coffee and have green tea instead. I also try to have minimal sugar in my diet. I have been using/doing these things for much longer than I used the acv. It was only after using the ACV however, that my acne completely cleared. I know this is a lot, and it takes time getting used to, and it's obviously not for everyone. I just wanted to share this for people to know that managing acne requires a multifactorial approach, which varies from person to person.
Magic Bullet
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I haven't used this brand but I have been using Bragg's undiluted vinegar (with the mother in it) and, well, this is the first time I've ever left a comment online in a forum like this and I do so just to share that ACV has proven to be the magic bullet for me. I hope I don't jinx myself in writing this but I have suffered with bacne for twenty years! I have tried every single ointment, pill, potion, cream and tablet. I've been on hardcore medication from dermatologists that dried me out so badly my blood was thick and goopy. I've destroyed countless t-shirts and shirts by using all sorts of acids and I'd given up hope of my body ever regulating itself and sorting this crap out. I tried ACV on a whim and I finally have the skin of a normal person. My bacne has all but disappeared and after two months the red marks have faded away. I've read for some that it doesn't work but for me it's been a miracle cure. I had to share this in case someone else out there, like me, has given up hope and is on the fence about trying ACV. I used it undiluted, just splash it on, leave it to dry - it leaves no stains, doesn't smell - and it has as of right now cured me. I feel normal for once and I can't tell you what a relief it is. Try it. It worked for me. I still can't believe it.

by OneandDoneCommenter on 02/25/2016 23:44
Six months later and I'm back to say that I now have perfect skin. All marks are gone, I rarely if ever get a pimple and I can't believe the cure to my acne was something I could've been using decades ago, something that didn't need to be made in a lab. If you're on the fence, get off it. Use this, stick with it, and break free of acne's cruel grip. It really, truly works. P.S. I've tried organic cider vinegar without the mother in it and it works just as well. Good luck!