Page 2 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 414 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

Didnt work so well!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

Vinegar didnt work so well for me..It caused my acne become redder and more breakouts started appearing. I wouldnt recommend it.

Cystic Acne, OMG!!
Reviewed on October 11, 2014

After I read about how ACV can help cystic acne, I went and washed my face. I applied the ACV diluted with water last using a q-tip on 3 cystic pimples. A few minutes later they turned to heads and popped SO easily. No, they didn't pop..they exploded. Literally! It was so disgusting but I was really happy that they were finally gone in less than 5 minutes. I also had one of those under skin pimples for about 3 days. I put ACV on it the 3rd day and it when I woke up the next morning, it turned to a while head.

Mircle Toner
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

I am 37 and last month I went through some sort of hormonal change maybe due to stress but I developed horrible cystic acne and my hair began to fall out. I am not the type that likes to take medicine but I went to the dermatologist because it had gotten to the point I didn't even want to come out side it was ugly and painful. After doing extensive research on the internet I found that ACV could be used as a toner and after reading other health benefits I began just a little over a week ago to take 2tbs a day and I use it at night and in the morning the smell doesn't bother me but I must say I will never stop using this I took myself of the spiro and bc's and this is all I need. This has done wonders for my skin the bigger cyst are almost gone I have a few white heads but they don't last long and I think it's just my skin purging but I am so thankful for this toner who knew. I know in a month my skin will be flawless with the way it has worked in just a week.

by Beeyin on 10/21/2014 04:17
Can you please teach me how to do this toner? 2tbs of AVC mix with how many ML of water?
ACV works wonders
Reviewed on September 25, 2014

I started using Acv less than a week and i am seeing results...clear skin and lightening..i am a very darkiskin woman and i can see the results...smiling again

Amazing!
Reviewed on September 21, 2014

I've had acne since I was 11-12 (I'm 19 now) & I've tried all sorts of over the counter cleansers, astringents etc. I started going to the dermatologist a few years ago & was put on tetracycline tablets & deriva c gel. They controlled my acne a little but I still got some pretty bad breakouts from time to time.

I got taken off the tablets (but I am currently still on deriva c) about a year ago & after a while my acne came back. No matter what I tried, my face always had at least 3-4 stubborn & painful pimples. I tried using lemon juice for a bit & it did help with some scars & controlled some acne but then I couldn't find any real lemons where I live so I went back to just the deriva c.

Anyway, flash forward to months later, I realised I was starting university & didn't want to have to meet new people & have the first thing they thought about me being about my horrible acne. I started looking up different remedies & came across so many positive reviews about apple cider vinegar. I was a bit skeptical at first since everything I'd tried in the past only kind of worked for me & still left me with pimples. I gave it a try thinking I had nothing to lose. I mixed about half water, half acv (I use the Heinz filtered brand) in a bowl & used a cotton ball to rub it on my face. After 5 days, I saw a huge difference in my skin! My acne was going down & my skin was glowing. I decided to up the ante & I started drinking 2-3 tbs diluted in a glass of water twice a day. I've been doing this for almost a month now & I am so impressed with the good results! I currently only have 1 pimple on my face (it was sort of a cyst & took around a week to finally go down) but I consider that a win compared to the 3+ huge red ones I usually had. Also, I have been doing a brown sugar scrub almost every night (I get lazy with it sometimes) but it has helped in making my skin really soft & getting rid of the dry patches I sometimes get from acv.

I still have really bad red marks on my face that I'm trying to get rid of, but I do highly recommend using this as a toner & drinking as a tonic to anyone desperate to get rid of acne. It may not work for all but it's worth trying.

Using apple cider
Reviewed on September 4, 2014

Hi guys.

I've had really bad acne for a few years now. Tried prescriptions from doctors and various over the counter washes and pills with no luck. Being using acv for about 3 weeks now and the results are very good. I've noticed that my break out has lessened and even when I do breakout the pimple is gone in 2 days. My skin has improved greatly. Now I need something for the marks...

by lesslietrese on 11/10/2014 05:01
What brand of ACV do you use? TIA! :)
Miracle Product
Reviewed on August 26, 2014

Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar cured my acne around a year ago. I used a 2:1 ratio of vinegar to water and worked up to undiluted. I also drank 2 tablespoons a day, diluted with lots of water. Over the next few months I got a bit cocky with my skincare and started playing around with my cleansers and moisturisers etc. Within 4 months my acne was returning in the form of little bumps under my skin. Thinking it was an allergic reaction I was prescribed a moisturising cream and told to wait it out, of course it got progressively worse, I couldn't tell you what possessed me not to just start using the ACV again but I didn't. I went back to the doctor and I was prescribed Differin 0.1% which proceeded to "purge" my skin to the point where my acne was the most severe it has ever been. My face was covered in closed comedones, blackheads and whiteheads. Eventually I quit using the Differin because my acne had become too painful. I went back to the doctor and picked up some Duac to try to calm this horrific breakout. I am now at a point where my skin is on the way to being better. Thanks in part to Duac and in part to Apple Cider Vinegar, which I have begun to use, diluted, in my skincare routine and began ingesting 2 table spoons a day. If it cured me before it can do it again! And my god, I will never stop using this stuff. Please, please be careful with your skincare routine, if it works? DON'T mess with it!

Apple Cider Vinegar
Reviewed on July 26, 2014

I've suffered from acne since I was 10, and I have tried almost anything from home remedies to over-the-counter and drugstore products to clear up my skin without great results. My skin has been a lot better through the past 12 years, probably due to hormone changes, but I still fight with a lot of blackheads and small to medium sized spots. So when I heard about using vinegar, apple cider in this case, i thought "what the heck, I have nothing to lose". And boy, was I surprised! I've been using it as a toner/treatment for about two weeks now, and I do not have a single spot. I still have some blackheads, but I think it takes a lot longer to clear my skin from those bastards. I've been diluting the vinegar with water because undiluted vinegar is still a bit too rough for my skin.

The smell is not very pleasant, but it's worth it. It goes away after a few minutes. It makes my face super soft, and for some reason, moisturized. This stuff is liquid magic! I won't buy another toner as long as I've got vinegar as my life savior. It has even minimized my pores and I hope that it will do something about my scars as well. This is definitely the best thing I've tried yet!

by Kimkenjic on 07/27/2014 04:09
We just started on the apple cider vinegar tablets. Been a week now..praying it helps my son...gonna try to get him to let me try the actual,liquid as a toner...
by katweltz on 07/27/2014 19:54
kimkenjic that sounds like a great idea :) Just remember to dilute the vinegar with water, maybe 50/50. It's never a good idea to put undiluted vinegar on the skin at first, it will burn. When the skin has adjusted to the mix, you can use more vinegar and less water.
Please give apple cider vinegar a shot!!!
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I have tried everything from acne clearing systems to prescription creams and it turns out the answer for my acne was in my pantry the whole time. I was skeptical to use home remedies for my acne because I had always heard that benzol peroxide and other prescription creams were the way to go. However nothing else that I'd tried had been giving me consistent results so I figured I had to just give apple cider vinegar a shot! Now after I have been following my new skin care regimen for 2 weeks I can see a considerable reduction in the frequency and severity of my breakouts along with reduced pore size and an overall more glowing complexion. It sounds too good to be true, but please just try it out for yourself :)

I wash my face morning and night with Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil castile soap and then follow with the ACV as a toner. At first I used a 1:3 ACV to water ratio but I now use equal parts ACV and water. I apply this mixture with a cotton ball and dab it all over my face. Lastly I spot treat any pimples with straight ACV on a q-tip. I just hold the q-tip over the problem area for a few seconds. If my face is feeling dry after the ACV has dried I will apply a light moisturizer (I use alba green tea and aloe) as needed.

I used to get frequent breakouts all over my face and now I rarely break out and if I do the size of the pimple is much smaller and not as deep. Also, if I feel a pimple coming on at night I will treat it with ACV and in the morning it is hardly noticeable. I really love the way my face feels after transitioning over to all natural products, and my face obviously likes the products too.

I wish I had tried out ACV a long time ago and I hope that you try it out for yourself and see results like I did!!!

by TrinaMaeD on 09/20/2014 06:04
Can i apply powder after using ACV? Please reply
by TrinaMaeD on 09/20/2014 06:04
Can i apply powder after using ACV? Please reply
A MUST READ FOR YOU GUYS WHO WANTED CLEAR SKIN
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

Hello! I've been suffering from acne since I was 11 years old and that affected my confidence, I rarely go out of our house because I was so embarrassed of what my face looks like. I have tried many products but none of it really cleared up my skin. So my major breakout was when I was 14-15 years old (I'm 16 now, btw) and I was so desperate to clear and cure my acne because it really sucks having those bumps and puss on your face. :'( And then finally!!! MY FACE CLEARED UP. What I did was to use Sulfur soap (Dr. Wongs Sulfur soap) which works slowly but it really is effective if you are patient then after patting my face dry, I'll put Eskinol and I'll mix Dalacin-c, I'll use that before I go to bed. DON'T use this treatment when going out under the sun because it might burn your face. and don't use this treatment for too long because the dalacin-c will no longer be effective because it is an antibiotic. BUT IT IS REALLY EFFECTIVE, YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE TWO WEEKS AFTER USING IT. I am also using baking soda twice a week and/or Egg yolk mask. this routine cleared up my skin. But just this March I started breaking out again, not that bad tho but it won't stop so I have acne marks again on my skin which really frustrates me a lot. So what I did this time was different, I am putting honey in my face and rub it in circular motion and after a minute or two I'll wash it and then I bought Cetaphil facial cleanser and wash my face with the cleanser, after that, I'll use Apple cider vinegar as a toner (Diluted 50% water, 50% acv) and when my face absorbed the toner I then put Palmer's cocoa butter Skin Therapy Oil for my acne marks or hyperpigmentation and after that I'll put Petroleum Jelly for the dry patches on my skin because my skin is Combination. I noticed the change on my face after 2 or 3 days. I am doing this twice a day, morning and night. It never broke me out. Ever. Now I'm just waiting for my pimple marks to fade. I'm so happy with the condition of my skin right now and I gained my confidence back. Stick to natural methods. It will do miracle. =)) I am planning to buy another box of baking soda because it's doing its job well on fading my marks and preventing pimples from coming out. I am also doing Oatmeal + Honey + Tea face mask or Turmeric + Honey face mask once a week. I also exfoliate using Oatmeal only once or twice a week. I tried exfoliating with sugar but I broke out after using it, I thought that's not the cause so the following week I used that again but sadly, I broke out again after that so I changed to oatmeal. It leaves my skin soft. I also drink tea (green or black). I also tried drinking ACV, a cup of water + 1 tsp of ACV, in empty stomach before. It really did its job. I noticed dramatic changes 2 or 3 days after :) and drink lots of water. It really helps. Occasionally, I rub banana peels on my face before I wash my face whenever there is banana available on our kitchen. Hahaha. I also tried using Defensil, it's so good!!! But I decided to use the Cetaphil instead. But you can use Defensil also because it really dried up my pimples. :) So yea, guys, you might wanna try those routines that I did because I can vouch for its effectiveness. :) God bless and don't give up! You guys can fight those suckers. :)