Page 2 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 446 reviews

Vinegar Pictured:
Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5% (50 grains) acidity.

Vinegar (as a topical)

Apple Cider for my Tags and warts?
Reviewed on November 20, 2015

Hey guys, some friend told me that an Apple Cider Vinegar will help remove my tags and warts. Is this true? They claim that if you apply even just once a day to the ares, it will slowly dry up and eventually comes off or be removed/healed. Please someone of enough knowledge on this, talk to me.

by JazzyLooks on 11/30/2015 10:25
Hi have you try this on you? I think we have the same issues on skin tags. Please let me know if this works for you. thanks
Works for menopausal/hormonal acne!
Reviewed on November 3, 2015

I've scanned a lot of ACV reviews without finding anything from people my age, so will leave one for the occasional senior among us...

I'm 64 and have had hormonal acne since having a hysterectomy years ago. I do use an estrogen patch, but still have crazy hormones.

I've tried antibiotics and spironolactone, which worked while I was on them, but neither are healthy long term so I quit -- and broke out again. Tropicals that have failed include Retin-A, Tazorac, Aczone, Fiacea, and a bunch of OTC acne treatments.

After suffering with some very deep, painful cysts along the jawline, I recently decided to give Bragg's ACV a try. At the outset, I had at least 10 very deep and painful red spots on my jaw and forehead along with some smaller breakouts. It was probably the worst it's ever been. I began drinking 2 tablespoons of Bragg ACV in 8 oz water twice a day and applying it undiluted as a toner after washing with African black soap and followed by CeraVe moisturizing lotion. The ACV stings any open areas on my face when applied, but that goes away quickly without leaving any residual redness. The only real negative is that the vinegar smell lingers on my hands, even after washing them. This is the only reason that I've given it 4 stars instead of 5. That said, the smell is a small price to pay for the benefits, which have been impressive. All of the original lesions have dried up and I've only gotten one tiny spot (not cystic) next to my nose. That one dried up within hours of an application of ACV. My T-zone is oily, but cheeks are a bit on the dry side, so I don't apply the ACV there unless I see a spot. Some people have said the ACV is drying, but if it doesn't upset my 64 year old skin, it can't be too bad! I'll add that I'm fair skinned and have fairly sensitive skin, so should be a pretty good judge... There's still some redness from the cysts, but that's clearing up and my skin looks great otherwise. If this continues to work it will save me a lot of money and prevent exposure to tons of pharmaceuticals, all of which come with substantial warnings.

I'll try to remember to do a follow up in a few months...

Terrible!
Reviewed on October 14, 2015

My skin's been wrecked by this and my acne 10 times worse.

by JazzyLooks on 11/30/2015 10:26
Does it pains you when uyou used this? I'm planning to buy a bottle to try it on my skin tags.
by Dancer4374 on 12/13/2015 21:07
What did you do to make it worse? Did you just simply pour it on your face? Please be specific because I am dealing with acne and would love for you to share your detailed opinion about Apple Cider Vinegar. Thanks!
Using for 2 weeks no results yet
Reviewed on October 14, 2015

I'm using Braggs organic ACV with the mother in it 2x a day. I bought a plastic bottle and mixed 1/2 ACV and 1/2 bottled water shake it and put it on my skin!!! I also drink a full glass of water with ACV in it at night before bed!!! So this is my routine wash face let it dry put the Diluted ACV on a cotton ball and cleanse my skin like a toner let it dry and follow by moisturizer after. I been using Cerave PM moisturizing lotion!! I have pimples on my jawline/chin and neck!!! The pimples on my jawline are so stubborn they won't shrink or disappear no matter what I do ... Since my skin hasn't got worse yet I will continue to use Braggs for 3 months ... If anything gets better or worse I will report back ... So fingers crossed

by BeautyQQ on 06/11/2016 04:02
How your skin now?
YES - it really works!
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

YES! This works. I took my son to a derma and bought the expensive meds he prescribed. They didn't help so we went back and the derma was a jerk to us…..so I came home and found this apple cider vinegar info on the net. Well - we tried it and it worked. And it worked fairly quickly - within a couple of weeks. He has not had acne in the past 6 years since!

We used the organic apple cider vinegar that costs about $2.

Yes it tastes weird…but the craft bartenders are now even using vinegars. Try it - please!

Diane

by NickyL on 10/02/2015 17:15
1st review ever!! OH My God , I feel like an idiot for not trying this earlier, excuse my rambling but I'm very excited, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I ever herd, though of smelling like a salad ect. I am in the Architectural / engineering field and I am highly into research / latest technology I follow the most recent medical developments ect. I have been suffering with acne in my T-area and cheeks , jawbone since 18 yrs old and I am now 46. I come home from target yesterday with a bottle of ACV and distilled water to try it out all for 8 bucks, I just paid $327 for a tube of useless soolantra waiting to get reimbursed from my insurance by next week because required a prior authoriz. my wife was like " what are you doing " I mixed a 50/50 potion and locked myself in the bathroom for an hour, yelled out to her if I'm not out in an hour call the paramedics. I have extremely sensitive skin on my T-area so I thought I was going to have a bad reaction but I'll try anything once. I have tried every kind of cream for 30 years to no avail , derma was pushing accutane but I have heard some terrible things and I have 3 kids to raise, the fact that your oil glands can grow back to normal after accutane discourages me from trying it. So I applied the ACV mix with cotton balls, stung a little but that's nothing compared to creams I have had adverse reactions to. I have been hospitalized twice for an out of control pimple that almost took over my head. In one hour the redness in my T-area went away about 90% , face felt refreshed, oil under control, my skin would be oily in a half hour after washing with all kinds of soaps before, tried moisturizers after washing but face would get really greasy. Its been 18 hrs since I applied the magic potion on face 3 times I have used no soap, skin gets a little oily now but no where near like it was prior, Guess it's true about the PH / Skin Mantle / Acid ect. First time in 30 years I have woken up with no new bumps, terrible oily skin, or swollen T-area and of course the pimple or cyst of the day special. This has to work for me because nothing else has ever worked. I plan on having a long talk with my derma and her staff ( hate her staff even more ) I'm going to make a scene in her waiting room , waiting for what? So we put a man on the moon in 1969 with a computer that was less powerful than my 9th graders calculator and we cant control acne? ACV is an ancient treatment for all kinds of ailments. OOps there's insufficient research and drug companies cant make a dime, cant prescribe ACV because you'll never come back to my office and pay $150 bucks at a clip for 15 min, $300 creams? Its ok to pay for the stuff if works. ACV cost me 6 bucks, overpaid at Target because I'm in NY. The thought of being prescribed stupid creams and medications that will make you grow an eyeball on your liver is horrifying. I am furious with current and previous dermatologists, but at the same time very happy. I cant believe the results in 18hrs, got my face back, no embarrassing redness, the doctors couldn't even tell if it was Rosacia. I'll post more results in 3 weeks. I plan on taking 2 tablespoons with 8oz. of water 3 times a week, as others had success with for internal use, try to funnel it down because it's not good for the teeth, then again Halloween is coming, If you are suffering try this, I can't believe it worked for me. thanks for reading. Nick
by NickyL on 10/02/2015 17:15
My knight in shining glass - so far anyway
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I never usually write reviews, however I have been so happy with the results of using ACV so far that I decided to write one. In brief, I have suffered from mod-severe acne for about 7 years, and have tried everything in my power to clear it with little success. I finally heard about ACV, and thought what the heck since I've tried everything else - I have since achieved the clearest skin in quite a short period of time. I started using it about 2 weeks ago, initially as a drink with one tbsp mixed with water morning and evening. After 4 days, I hadn't seen any significant changes so I decided to use it as a topical treatment. I was reluctant initially to use it in this way as I have extremely sensitive skin, and had read some bad reviews. So initially I diluted ACV to a ratio of about 1:5 and apply it to my skin at night and in the morning. Surprisingly I had no reaction. As the days went on, I increased the concentration, until now when apply it undiluted.

My skin had a terrible breakout around the chin area prior to using the ACV, and I have always had a few spots on my cheeks. I have lots of hyperpigmented scars on my skin from previous acne - so bad that I've had random beauticians try to give me tips on the tube, despite wearing make-up! It has affected my confidence so much in the past - to the extent that I missed my own graduation. However now I have the clearest skin I've seen in a while, and the red marks are slowly disappearing. Though this may not be the case with everyone looking to use ACV, it may be worth a try.

I use brand 'RAW ACV', which contains the mother. I also drink a tbsp mixed with water once a day. I wash my face with a face-wash in the evenings only, and with just water in the morning. After dabbing on the ACV with a cotton bud I apply aloe vera gel, with some sunscreen in the morning.

by Bp1221 on 10/17/2015 12:03
I just wanted to add to my post - I continued with the acv and am really happy with the results, but I would like to share the other things that I do alongside to help my skin. I am quite careful with my diet - I very rarely have fried food, and have stopped eating dairy. I also try to go for a run at least twice a week for 25 mins. In addition, I take primrose oil (supposedly good for hormonal acne), zinc and calcium with vit D supplements daily. I stopped drinking tea and coffee and have green tea instead. I also try to have minimal sugar in my diet. I have been using/doing these things for much longer than I used the acv. It was only after using the ACV however, that my acne completely cleared. I know this is a lot, and it takes time getting used to, and it's obviously not for everyone. I just wanted to share this for people to know that managing acne requires a multifactorial approach, which varies from person to person.
Magic Bullet
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I haven't used this brand but I have been using Bragg's undiluted vinegar (with the mother in it) and, well, this is the first time I've ever left a comment online in a forum like this and I do so just to share that ACV has proven to be the magic bullet for me. I hope I don't jinx myself in writing this but I have suffered with bacne for twenty years! I have tried every single ointment, pill, potion, cream and tablet. I've been on hardcore medication from dermatologists that dried me out so badly my blood was thick and goopy. I've destroyed countless t-shirts and shirts by using all sorts of acids and I'd given up hope of my body ever regulating itself and sorting this crap out. I tried ACV on a whim and I finally have the skin of a normal person. My bacne has all but disappeared and after two months the red marks have faded away. I've read for some that it doesn't work but for me it's been a miracle cure. I had to share this in case someone else out there, like me, has given up hope and is on the fence about trying ACV. I used it undiluted, just splash it on, leave it to dry - it leaves no stains, doesn't smell - and it has as of right now cured me. I feel normal for once and I can't tell you what a relief it is. Try it. It worked for me. I still can't believe it.

by OneandDoneCommenter on 02/25/2016 23:44
Six months later and I'm back to say that I now have perfect skin. All marks are gone, I rarely if ever get a pimple and I can't believe the cure to my acne was something I could've been using decades ago, something that didn't need to be made in a lab. If you're on the fence, get off it. Use this, stick with it, and break free of acne's cruel grip. It really, truly works. P.S. I've tried organic cider vinegar without the mother in it and it works just as well. Good luck!
Purging or breakout?? 😳
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

After the first day of drinking acv diluted with water, I got swelling bumps and a liitle cystic acne (about 1-3). Is my skin purging? Should I not stop drinking it and just continue? How long will the purging last? :(

by Wakabubbles on 09/03/2015 05:57
Probably Purging. It takes a month until you notice any difference. And then 2-5 months to see significant improvement. However, if you don't see any difference within a month, I'd say it doesn't suit your skin, and you are reacting to it. It takes time.
You have to stick with it!!!
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I have had really bad acne for as long as I can remember, I'm 18 now. I started using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar sticky in the beginning of June. I've tried drinking it in the past, but the taste was just to much for me! Tried putting it on my face a while back and never stuck with it through the purging. So in June I used it for about 2 weeks with no change in my face at all. During the 3 week I starting breaking out. I said this time I'm not stopping, it's only purging. Into the 4th week the purging had stopped and began to clear. I stopped for about 3 days after this and I realized I starting breaking back out so I started back! I have been using it for about a month and 1/2 now and my face looks a lot better then it did when I started. Now it's not completely clear, but it looks a lot better! My forehead has just about no bumps. I still get breakouts, but as long as I keep using the vinegar it's not a lot. I do have to have say the ACV to me seems as if it makes the bumps that so come take longer to come to a head, so they end up lasting longer. When I feel myself getting a bump I don't apply the ACV in that area that way it comes to a head faster. I put it on there after it bust though. Other then that, this is the only thing that I have used that I feel is actually helping my skin, though slowly. My skin feels much more soft and smooth and my breakouts are at a minimum. I am going to continue to use it.

I use it every morning and night after I wash my face. My wash my face with a Benzol peroxide wash first, let my face dry out, then take a cotton ball and the ACV diluted with water and rub it all over my face and let it dry! Anyone using this acne treatment really needs to be patient! Keep using it no matter what! ( unless the purging never stops) if it burns your skin, dilute it some more. Since my skin is more so use to it now I dilute it less. I hope this helps!

by debrasunshine on 08/16/2015 20:43
If you could drink 2Tblspns. with 4oz water once a day, try adding honey, or just down it without it swishing around in your mouth. Double strength acv inside your body and out works to keep acne away! Happy you found acv! How many times has Youtube come to the rescue!
Hmm - Nah
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

ACV... eh

Not good nor bad - Doesn't cause breakouts but doesn't really get rid of them...

by Wakabubbles on 09/03/2015 05:59
You have to keep doing it. Nothing is instant. It takes several months to see change, and 3-5 months to see permanent/significant improvement.