Page 2 of Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.4/5 - 398 reviews

Made from select sun-ripened grain, diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity.

apple cider vinegar is a miracle .. give it two weeks, drink and use as a toner, you will be estatic, and it eliminates oil all day.
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I had severe acne my whole life, always re applying makeup, hated looking in mirrors, TOOK FOREVER to get ready.. now, after two weeks of ingesting acv plenty of times through out the day, and applying it as a toner NOT DILUTED, and NOT rinsing it, my face is clear. I Can't believe this... The scars are still there, but no new acne has appeared... I am 15 days into this, and can say I don't know what I would have done without it... My skin glows, I have crazy energy, and I feel normal again... Most people wouldn't be happy with the skin I have, as I have red marks all over my face still, but the bumps are completely gone (except for one stubborn one..

Honegar
Reviewed on January 29, 2014

I've suffered with a cluster of spots on my cheeks and jaw line for 3 years now. It's calm sometimes but I'm having bad flare up at the moment. They are burning up almost bubbling with about 15 pimples grrrrr ! I drink honegar but after reading this I've decided to apply to the area directly ! Day 1 is going well so will keep you all updated with the result ! Fingers crossed :)

Day 2 .... The cluster of spots are drying up quite nicely!!!! Happy with this so far !

by kalitia1 on 01/30/2014 09:15
Day 2 ..... The cluster of spots are drying up nicely !!!!! Happy with this so far !!!!
works.. need a couple days though:)
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I tried this a long time ago and due to the burning sensation and the fact I saw acne come up, I shelfed this for a long time.. after much reading and research, I found due to it' s detoxifying it brings the deeper acne up to the surface. I took a weekened where I could stay home, applied ACVinegar a few times, left it on for a while then rinsed. I then use baking soda and water paste as a mask, let dry, then moisten, exfoliate the raised acne away and rinse.. use this treatment once a week.. both products cause initial redness and a burning sensation.. you will need time, just a little, after using this. ending rinse with cold water helps

works i think
Reviewed on December 18, 2013

I have mixed feelings. I think it works. It makes my acne "sweat". After I put it on, my cystic acne starts oozing pus. It burns worse than anything I have tried so far though and hurts my eyes and the smell is overwhelming. I diluted it 50% water. I want to use it more but the experience is not that fun.

Update: It's been about a week and my acne looking better than ever because of ACV. My cystic acne is getting smaller and smaller, almost gone..I have only 3-4 active pimples on my face now!! I had like 10-15 active ones before. Don't know if it will do anything for the scarring I have but I will try to update in another week or so. Someone on here said to give it two weeks. I surprised it's working so fast. Have been using 2x a day, morning and night.

Helps my skin glow but seems to be causing acne
Reviewed on December 9, 2013

I began using organic vinegar topically (1.6 vinegar/water ratio), and the first day of usage, I had pimples come up all around my mouth and chin. I've heard that vinegar will sometimes "purge" the skin, causing extra pimples before it improves the skin. Is this true (and perhaps I should continue using the vinegar?)?

by Resa93 on 12/24/2013 07:27
keep using it! When I first started, it burned so bad and my acne would ooze pus, but now its finally healing and new ones aren't coming up anymore. I don't think it "causes" extra pimples, just brings to head the ones that were going to come out eventually anyway.
convinced skeptic
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

so i have mild to moderate to severe acne, its mainly on my cheeks and jaw line... I usually dont break out with blackheads or white heads, but i get like red bumps, like a zit is forming but it never forms just stays red and bumpy. i have tried many many things and nothing ever got rid of it. some things would make it more mellow but never gone. now i think alot of my red spots are old scars but idk. theres no texture to some of them just red spots. so last night i made a cider vinegar concotion to use as a toner... just using it one and 95% of my bumps were gone, i have smoooth skin for the most part. the redness is still red but not as bad and mind you i only used it ONCE! obvious results after ONE use. my concotion is the following: 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup brags organic ACV 2 bags of green tea leaves dumped into the mixtures, a crushed Zinc Pill and some tea tree oil and RAW organic honey. it smell waaayyy better than just the ACV! so my routine was wash face with my clarisonic, pat dry, apply my toner with a cotton pad not cotton ball. you will see why.... now since there was the green tea leaves loose in the mixture you get the leaves on your face gently rub those leaves all over your face with the cotton pad and leave it on for a few minutes its like an exfoliant. then rinse off the leaves and take another cotton pad and put the toner on it.... the leaves will be on your cotton pad still because its loose in the toner, but the toner obviously soaks through to the other side of the pad, se that side to apply the toner w/out getting any leaves on your face, once it dries, moisturize and then youre good! i never write reviews but i felt this was important to write! alos i drink green tea and and my ACV to my tea and take zinc and fish oil everyday to improve my skin from the inside! good luck

A perfect addition to any regimen
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I had quite bad acne for many years. After years of finding out what works for me, I was able to get my skin to a tolerable level of a few prominent zits on my face at one time. I decided to add ACV to my regimen twice a day, using a q-tip to apply it to my problem areas, and my skin has never looked better. It dries up and shrinks zits fast, and is perfect for applying to recently lanced whiteheads. I still use retin-a at night and cleanse twice a day, but for 1 dollar a bottle I would recommend adding this to anyones regimen. The smell is prominent, but quickly fades within 5 minutes.

Provides great shine for the hair!
Reviewed on November 17, 2013

My beautician started using this on my hair to reduce split ends and to keep my hair shiny.smells but I love the glossy look my hair retains

by smarie23 on 06/23/2014 07:47
How do you use it on your hair? I've been wanting to try it but I don't know how to use it. Keep me posted! :)
Day one of using ACV
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I just started using ACV yesterday after doing a couple days of research online. I found that only a few people's acne turned worse after using ACV, most of them have good results, so I decided to give it a try. I have acne since I was 15 and now I am 25, and I have been trying different products and seeing doctors during the past ten years, and the acne was on and off. So here is my routine with ACV yesterday, I drink one TBSP ACV and one TBSP of raw honey with around 300ml of warm water twice a day before meals and I also mix 1ml of ACV with 5ml of water and apply it on my face before bed. I would suggest to mix it with more water at first since the ACV can be quite strong to apply on face, but once you get used to it, you can mix it 50:50. After one day of experiment on using ACV, I found my T zone, esp my nose area, is less oily, and my acnes which are on the cheek and jawline seem more calm. And one thing to note for all ladies, the blood during my menstrual cycle has always been dark brownish red, but after I took ACV twice yesterday, I noticed a change, it becomes more of a pure red, which should be healthier. I think it's the ACV thats working inside my body and I will continue to take it and hope for the best.

Reviewed on May 16, 2013

I combine acv with witch hazel and water; it does great things for my skin, and I use it twice a day. Though it can sting on open skin, it's nothing awful and it's not too drying. Also makes an awesome hair rinse.