Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care reviews

3.2/5 - 5 reviews

Brand: Vichy

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Polyethylene, Glycerin, C12 13 Alkyl Lactate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon 66, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Totarol, Zinc PCA, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Poloxamer 338, Nylon 12, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Tetrasodium EDTA, Laureth 7, Eperua Falcata Bark Extract, Dextrin, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone, Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyacrylamide, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance.

Very Itchy
Reviewed on July 25, 2014

I'm the one who put 10% benzoyl peroxide all-over my face when my acne worsened, which made it even worse....of course.. And since --- my skin is possibly overcompensating with sebum and I've been trying to find a gentle yet effectice hydrating care - this one is a trickster. At first it seemed to be very effective, but as it later showed itself to me it wasn't as effective working in the gentle department. This meaning that it at first seemed to clear some of the redness and inflammation, however as I continued using it my skin got drier and drier untill my skin actually started burning from the cream, it really hurt like needles.. The mattening-effect seem to come from the very supicious ingredient "nylon-66", most ceratinly a polymer, and since it's third in row I suspect this polymer to be the real active ingredient in this hydrating care - making the skin strecth out and conceiling all the whiteheads and blackheads.

Summarizing - This hydrating care acts as a conceiler which will make the skin look good while it's burning underneath... Not sure but I actually suspect that polymer to be somewhat comedongenic as it worsened my whiteheads.

Reviewed on March 24, 2011

It is no miracle cure, but it does do what it's supposed to. I like the smell, and I am on my third bottle. I wil continue using this product.

Catty, Budapest
Reviewed on November 24, 2010

I have a friend, who had pretty bad skin and now its improving because of the product. She loves it so I gave it a try. After two days, it gave me lots of acne and made my skin look greasy. I never had big problems with my skin, I only had a few breakouts, but now it horrible! It was a huge disappointment for me. I don't recommend it at all!

Alice, Montreal, Canada
Reviewed on November 13, 2010

I use this everyday in the morning and at night, my skin gets very dry from the strong products. I like it and if you can afford it I definetally recommend it, it's not super strong so for those with more severe acne, I don't think the product alone will help, you can still combine it with a stronger acne product.

Reviewed on July 31, 2010

This is the day-time moisturizer that I've been using since it came out. It's wonderful. It instantly mattes my entire face and is a smooth make-up base. It's made specifically for acne prone skin. Keeps me hydrated all day. :)