Page 2 of Verilux ClearWave® Light Therapy Acne Treatment System reviews

3.5/5 - 46 reviews

Brand: Verilux

Reviewed on October 8, 2008

Does NOTHING at all... don't waste your time or money...

Reviewed on October 8, 2008

Don't waste your time or money.

I don't know where the positive reviews came from, must have been from the vendor. I completely agree with the reviewer that feels stupid trying this thing - and hoping it was going to help.

It didn't.

Reviewed on September 17, 2008

Obviously, mixed reviews as to its ability to work with different people (I think they claim it works on 75% of people) Thankfully, I fall into that majority. It is definitely worth a shot and if it doesn't work, these are pretty sought after items on ebay.

Reviewed on September 13, 2008

With all the products I use I can't determine if it really works but it obviously does something because I sat too close to it and it burned my face for a couple days!

In the end it's still using blue and red light therapy which is known to help acne.

It was 200 dollars and you HAVE to be consistent.

It's only 15 minutes a day and I think the people who rated it so low expected clear skin in a day.

Reviewed on September 8, 2008

i didnt actually get the Verilux one, but i got the one from beautyskin (which uses the same technology). at the start i didnt use it that consistently, but after about 2/3 weeks i started using it once a day for the recommended 15 mins, and now, 2 months on, my skin is 95% clear (and my acne was pretty bad), and hopefully in a couple of weeks i will be spot free. however, if your planning on buying the lamp, make sure that u give it 2 months - at beauty skin there is a 2 month guarentee (the only reason i parted with the cash in the first place!). if you are intersted, definately give it a go - it might be wat your looking for.

Reviewed on September 1, 2008

Don't waste your money. I tried this for a month and it had absolutely no effect. I feel stupid.

Reviewed on August 21, 2008

Making false claims may sell products, but it doesn't help your skin.

Reviewed on August 12, 2008

May be worth trying if you are sick of dermatologists, antibiotics, and harsh products. There is a money back guarantee. I like the theory behind this product, it just didn't provide the results I had hoped for.

Reviewed on July 13, 2008

other reviewers that gave bad reviews typically only used this for a month before giving up. I have been on every otc and prescription med, including 5 or 6 antibiotics. this is the most effective thing that I have done. I will NEVER stop. This really works. Wow!!! I almost sent it back, (it has a 12 week warranty), but used it consistently and could not be more thrilled at the results. I have used about 20 weeks, and my skin continues to improve.

Reviewed on June 13, 2008

I have switched on and off antibiotics and bcp since I was 12. bcp worked for me the best but its not very healthy. Neither are antibiotics but the light has helped me reduce my tetracycline use to 1 pill instead of two. The light helps with prevention and healing of acne.I definitely saw a difference.