Vaseline Petroleum Jelly reviews

4.3/5 - 56 reviews

Brand: Vaseline

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

100% pure petroleum jelly.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, 13 oz
updated: 10/01/2016 00:40 UTC
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, 2.5 oz
updated: 10/01/2016 00:40 UTC

So far, so good
Reviewed on June 18, 2017

I've adopted the "slug life" and have been nightly applying Vaseline on my face for a week. It has helped with my red marks and reducing inflammation. It has also made my skin significantly softer. It hasn't done anything for my darker spots.

Dry, damaged skin
Reviewed on February 28, 2016

Allows me to protect my skin from the elements and prevent it from losing moisture, which most acne treatments really sap your skin of! Vaseline helps prevent the acne I get caused by dry skin. I really load up on it in the winter, applying it after my aveeno daily moisturizing lotion. I detracted one star because it can be really tricky to use under makeup. I recommend a primer and a mattifying foundation. Even then, it tends to get greasy and doesn't have the same coverage. I'll deal for how good this is at preventing dry skin and breakouts. It's also cheap and easily available.

YEY
Reviewed on November 23, 2016

I'm the type of person who use home remedies on my face, hair and underarms because i believe that using natural products will treat and help my skin and hair better than those chemical thingy products.

I have never thought that I will use vaseline as my night mosturuzer pack. At first, I just recommended my mom to use vaseline (since I read that it has the ability to heal) because she is having an itchy thingy feeling near her ear which was turning black and chappy after she used it, she told me it worked perfectly and it does not feel dry anymore. After using it everyday and now it's completely healed so..... she is not using it anymore we have much vaseline left in our house. soooo I've searched for its advantages and read reviews. yey

When I was on my teenages years, I'm the type of person who does not grew pimples easily since I really take care of my face every morning and night. But now that i'm on SUPER STRESS and busy stage of my college life which is THESIS, pimples are starting to grow and I believe it is due to stress and not enough cleansing. Now I have so much pimples growing on my chin. YES only on the chin. and i'm not used to it, I always touch and pop it even though I noted myself not to pop because it will only get worse and will leave marks and also I'm also starting to have a dry skin, i think its because of products I used to remove the acne and marks. And yey I remembered vaseline advantages and on the first night that I used it, after cleansing my face I applied thin layer of vaseline on my face and slept overnight with it, though I really dont like the greasy felling..., but when I woke up in the morning my skin absorbed the jelly and it feel so soft even after cleansing my face with my usual foam cleanser it still felt soft and not dry AND the new pimple that grew yesterday became smaller hahaha! So I decided to use it as my night cream. I really recommend this product to those who have dry face PS I also use it on my eye lashes because it makes it stronger and longer.

BRILLIANT MOISTURIZER
Reviewed on October 20, 2016

Just started using petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) on my red marks.

Too early to comment on its ability to fade red patches but it seems to work well as a moisturizer and doesn't cause breakouts on my skin.

I'll keep you updated on my progress and wish me look.

Please note: the five star rating is purely for its moisturizing effect and has no relation to its potential to treat red marks/scars.

Doctor's advice...
Reviewed on September 3, 2016

After hearing a doctor's advice that Vaseline was brilliant treating scars, I decided to try and apply Vaseline topically on my pimples and acne scars. The results were good and I could tell the effect was good on the skin.

Works but be careful
Reviewed on August 14, 2016

I used this on my pimples that I popped that are now gone.i apply it after the inflammation goes down.i then apply it on my cheek which I had some acne overnight but the acne stayed and kinda grew.i stopped applying it then the acne started to go away.this is good to moisturize the pimple that was popped.BUT NEVER APPLY IT ON POPPED PIMPLES WAIT 1 TO 2 DAYS OR WHEN THESWELLING GOES DOWN..thx

by MountainMash on 10/16/2016 22:11
Make sure you apply a moisturizer which is non comdegnic meaning no pore clogging.At night apply a very little amount on skin when you sleep an keep your pillow case clean
5 stars
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

i saw theres many beautiful blogger tells about this, so i try and and it absolutely right! its classic brand and not expensive. It doesnt do anything for me though

Good
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

it is really good and it is also good for acne and scars even you have oily skin... don't cured my acne though :(

Shrinked my zits over Night.
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

So ever since I started my vacation in a country with a lot of hot weather, my face got a lot more oilie. I started to break out on my forehead and a bit also on my nose. I then started to try this by testing on my nose one night and then on my zits the next day. It then thankfully shrinked all my zits over night!

(I have combination skin btw)

5stars
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

They make this in a tube so I recommend that for sanitary purposes. I've used this over moisturizer on my face at night to trap moisture and people always think I look 10+ years younger than I am. I use it for eyes too (again over my eye cream)but because it is so thick you need to dab it on carefully and not drag it. keep a light hand and you'll look great.