Vaseline Petroleum Jelly reviews

4.4/5 - 20 reviews

Brand: Vaseline

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

100% pure petroleum jelly.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, 13 oz
updated: 03/28/2015 07:00 UTC
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, 2.5 oz
updated: 03/28/2015 07:00 UTC

Fixed my irritated skin
Reviewed on March 28, 2015

My skin became irritated from using so many products to try and clear up a breakout I was having, making it dry and flaky and breaking me out in my problem areas. I decided to try vaseline and was surprised at how well it worked. I put it on my face at night and woke up to my face being very soft and no longer dry as well as not as inflamed and the size of the pimples was drastically reduced.

Also, I want to point out I have VERY sensitive skin and this hasn't seemed to clog my pores or irritate my face at all.

This healed my skin
Reviewed on March 19, 2015

When I first started I was terrified, my skin looked so bad though after BP etc. My skin is very sensitive and I had just been putting anything on it in hopes of "killing" acne. But I kept getting more and more, and they we're angrier than ever. So, one day I put this on and kept putting it on so everything came to the surface. After this I just kept using it, every night. I use it to cleanse my face from make-up too if I wear it. I went on accutane about 1.5 months after I started using this. I had already been confirmed for it just when I started using it, but had to wait to be put on birth control and all that crap. I kept using it throughout and I haven't gotten a pimple since. I still use it now off it. I am amazed of how well my skin is healing. I went to a new derm after accutane and she convinced me that vaseline will break me out. She gave me some differin. After two days I had eczema and pupules all over my upper cheeks. I went back on vaseline and now it is getting back to normal. I am a bit angry that derms don't explore new possibilities with acne because these creams and stuff, and antibiotics (except accutane which actually works) is getting old.

It will not clog your pores. I have been using it for 10 months (before, during and after accutane) and it has never clogged my pores. The only thing it will do is help heal your skin. It traps moisture and doesn't give your skin any new, so it is just helping you skin oppose to your ordinary moisturizer that you will eventually become dependent on. You really shouldn't need to use a moisturizer in the first place or anything really. You shouldn't furiously wash your face so much either. If you don't wear make up then maybe splash some water on your face once a day but that is it.

I know that vaseline isn't natural, but whatevs. I mean I don't need to use anything and my skin is starting to look so much better so I know it is helping with something.

Also, never use BP or anything on a popped zit, the bacteria has already died when it popped and now it just needs to heal. Put a lot of vaseline on it!!

Vaseline does not clog pores!!
Reviewed on February 3, 2015

I recently started using Vaseline because one day it dawned on me that Everyone I've ever known who use Vaseline on their skin had perfectly clear porcelain like skin....so since I'm suffering with adult acne I decided to use it on my face...it is a skin protectant people!!! So therefor it will shield your skin from environmental contaminates and bacteria keeping it "protected". After using it my skin has had very minimal breakouts and less severe and they only last 1-2 days if that. I have oily skin and it does not clog my pores. I use it after I put ACV on my face as a toner, I let it dry then apply Vaseline overnight. When I was using AVC alone I did not see great results until I started to use Vaseline. My aha! Moment...I never write reviews but for this product I can honestly say it works!

by caribcurls on 02/28/2015 15:46
What is ACV?
by mfn* on 03/09/2015 16:36
ACV = Apple cider vinegar. To use as a toner, most people buy organic (for example: Bragg's or Trader Joe's brand) apple cider vinegar. You then mix it in a bowl or something and dilute it to be at least 50/50 ACV and water because ACV is very acidic. Apply to a cotton ball and then rub gently on face.
Results were amazing for me
Reviewed on October 17, 2014

Im 21 and deal with adult acne to some extent. Im not troubled like my teenage years were. I have always had pretty clear skin but with changing seasons, my face takes a beating with acne. My grandmother has always used vaseline at night and looks 10+ years younger than she is so i decided to try it. This is seriously a miracle serum it seems! Ever since using it nightly on troubled areas, my acne lessens in amount and size, as well as redness quite substantially. My face isnt very greasy so this works wonders and doesnt clog my pores. I highly reccomend it!!

Huge Improvement!
Reviewed on March 24, 2014

A few days ago I went on vacation which totally threw me off my normal routine. This resulted in numerous patches of acne on my skin. As I was using drying treatments to cure the acne quickly, I made my skin worse. Last night I applied vaseline over all of the acne scars and this morning i woke up with moisturized skin and also some of the places are peeling. I highly recommend using this for a quick fix! I go to the beach in two days and this is a lifesaver!

Clear skin!
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I am allergic to stearate. That being said, I am allergic to most chemical products, especially creams. After suffering from another allergic bout from a moisturizing cream, I decided to stick to Vaseline. I have combination skin: oily T-zone and chin, dry cheeks. After using Vaseline for a few days, all my pimples healed up. I haven't gotten a single pimple in weeks. It might be because I have finally steered clear of stearate, but Vasline helps my skin to renew itself.

awesome
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I use it as a teenager works really well when I use it with or without water it works amazing a lot less pimples doesn't clog your pores

super duper mist skin for everyone!!!
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

Amaze-balls!!!!! i don't really have acne but i have combination. i have dry skin around my cheeks and my under eye and left it super moist in the morning. i recommend using this at night it will be more effective and if you mix it with hot water it will leave it extra smooth.Also help prevent aging.

Cleared Up Skin Overnight
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I put this on my skin overnight because my face was drying out and my mom recommended it to me and my acne was 95% gone when i wook up!

This is how you use it so you wont break out/you wont put too much on:

1.) clean your skin before

2.) run some hot water

3.)get some vaseline around the size of a quarter

4.) run it under the hot water and rub your hands together to mix it until its paste like

5.) put it on!

Reviewed on October 2, 2012

I started using vaseline a couple months ago after my dermatologist suggested I use it on a mole I had removed. He stated it is better to use vaseline than an antibacterial gel as the wound would heal better.

I've always had moderate acne and mainly on my chin due to dry skin. My forehead has always been greasy. I decided to stop using my acne medication and try vaseline. I put a thin layer all over my face and slept with it on over night. It's difficult to sleep with as it can leave grease all over your pillow but at least it doesn't stain fabric like BP. The next day my acne was dramatically reduced and the redness subsided a ton. I decided to keep up with it and I can say my face is perfectly clear and all in about over a weeks time. I even had family members say that I look photoshopped, which I take as a great compliment.

Give it a try, it doesn't cause acne due to it is non-comedogenic. I just wash my face before putting it on and once a week I give my face a nice scrub with a facial exfoliator.