Vaseline Petroleum Jelly reviews

4.3/5 - 17 reviews

Brand: Vaseline

100% pure petroleum jelly.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, 13 oz
updated: 10/31/2014 07:18 UTC
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, 2.5 oz
updated: 10/31/2014 07:18 UTC

Results were amazing for me
Reviewed on October 17, 2014

Im 21 and deal with adult acne to some extent. Im not troubled like my teenage years were. I have always had pretty clear skin but with changing seasons, my face takes a beating with acne. My grandmother has always used vaseline at night and looks 10+ years younger than she is so i decided to try it. This is seriously a miracle serum it seems! Ever since using it nightly on troubled areas, my acne lessens in amount and size, as well as redness quite substantially. My face isnt very greasy so this works wonders and doesnt clog my pores. I highly reccomend it!!

Huge Improvement!
Reviewed on March 24, 2014

A few days ago I went on vacation which totally threw me off my normal routine. This resulted in numerous patches of acne on my skin. As I was using drying treatments to cure the acne quickly, I made my skin worse. Last night I applied vaseline over all of the acne scars and this morning i woke up with moisturized skin and also some of the places are peeling. I highly recommend using this for a quick fix! I go to the beach in two days and this is a lifesaver!

Clear skin!
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I am allergic to stearate. That being said, I am allergic to most chemical products, especially creams. After suffering from another allergic bout from a moisturizing cream, I decided to stick to Vaseline. I have combination skin: oily T-zone and chin, dry cheeks. After using Vaseline for a few days, all my pimples healed up. I haven't gotten a single pimple in weeks. It might be because I have finally steered clear of stearate, but Vasline helps my skin to renew itself.

awesome
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I use it as a teenager works really well when I use it with or without water it works amazing a lot less pimples doesn't clog your pores

super duper mist skin for everyone!!!
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

Amaze-balls!!!!! i don't really have acne but i have combination. i have dry skin around my cheeks and my under eye and left it super moist in the morning. i recommend using this at night it will be more effective and if you mix it with hot water it will leave it extra smooth.Also help prevent aging.

Cleared Up Skin Overnight
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I put this on my skin overnight because my face was drying out and my mom recommended it to me and my acne was 95% gone when i wook up!

This is how you use it so you wont break out/you wont put too much on:

1.) clean your skin before

2.) run some hot water

3.)get some vaseline around the size of a quarter

4.) run it under the hot water and rub your hands together to mix it until its paste like

5.) put it on!

Reviewed on October 2, 2012

I started using vaseline a couple months ago after my dermatologist suggested I use it on a mole I had removed. He stated it is better to use vaseline than an antibacterial gel as the wound would heal better.

I've always had moderate acne and mainly on my chin due to dry skin. My forehead has always been greasy. I decided to stop using my acne medication and try vaseline. I put a thin layer all over my face and slept with it on over night. It's difficult to sleep with as it can leave grease all over your pillow but at least it doesn't stain fabric like BP. The next day my acne was dramatically reduced and the redness subsided a ton. I decided to keep up with it and I can say my face is perfectly clear and all in about over a weeks time. I even had family members say that I look photoshopped, which I take as a great compliment.

Give it a try, it doesn't cause acne due to it is non-comedogenic. I just wash my face before putting it on and once a week I give my face a nice scrub with a facial exfoliator.

Reviewed on June 27, 2012

Okay people only dry skinned peeps can put this on all of their faces, Teens like me cant. Just put it on red pimples and only on the pimple or you will get more. Put it on lips and after ten minutes wipe with wash cloth slowly and put on eyelashes for longer eyelashes. I know this is a acne website but I needed to do that. If you get it on your acne free parts WARNING: WASH IT OFF put it on crusty or red or cyst pimples four because it broke me out when I put it on wrong

Reviewed on June 26, 2012

Occasionally I get super red flaky skin on the skin under my eyes. I use Vaseline on my dry skin overnight and by morning it's literally gone! I use this regularly during winter too to prevent more dry skin. It's inexpensive and I love it.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

Works well as a moisturizer (it's been said that Marilyn Monroe actually smeared vaseline all over her face when getting ready in the morning), however can cause breakouts if you tend to have very oily skin, but overall is great if you need a quick fix for extremely dry skin