Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream reviews

4.8/5 - 4 reviews

Brand: Vanicream

Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream

Water (Purified), White Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Sorbitol Solution, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone, Glyceryl Monostearate, Polyethylene Glycol Monostearate, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT.

Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream, 16 oz
updated: 07/23/2016 16:48 UTC
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream, 16 Ounces
updated: 07/23/2016 16:48 UTC

Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream

Vanicream is great for acne prone skin
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

Hallelujah! Something that doesn't break me out! My dermatologist recommended me this over the counter moisturizer along with the vanicream gentle face wash when I was taking accutane and I have fallen in love with it. It is gentle enough for sensitive skin like mine and because it doesn't have all the harsh ingredients it doesn't break me out. It doesn't leave a residue on your skin. I have tried other moisturizers since then but keep going back to Vanicream because it is the BEST! You can buy it at Target and Walgreens for around $11 I think. I love all the Vanicream products.

So happy to have tried Vanicream!
Reviewed on February 29, 2016

I LOVE this product. Like the previous reviewer, my skin is oily and flaky at the same time and I have had great success with this. It is perfect as a nighttime moisturizer and as a daytime moisturizer during the winter. In the summer, I prefer to use the Vanicream Lite Lotion during the day and this product on any dry patches because it can be a little much in the heat and humidity. This product is also great if you need something to apply over topical medications.

When I first used this product four years ago, I was amazed by how smoothly it applied and how well it moisturized my skin without breaking me out. Before I had been using an overpriced Neutrogena oil-control moisturizer that did not control oil or moisturize very well, and I am SO glad that my dermatologist recommended Vanicream products to me. I wish more people knew about them. I really don't think people should worry about this cream breaking them out. I have very acne-prone skin and it has only made things better for me. BUY IT. It is awesome and very cheap considering how much you get.

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

HG moisturizer Highly recommend.

Skin profile

Mild to moderate acne skin sufferer.

Oily skin but flaky at the same time due to treatments (BP AHA Tretinoin)

Have tried major products on the market that claims hydrating dry skin (Cetaphil CeraVe Olay Embryolisse Clinique..... and so on), nothing helped but either making me oily slick or breaking me out. None of them helped my flakiness. I also tried adding jojoba oil method to those products and the result is the same, and even worse made me break out into under skin cysts that never come to head.

I always wake up with oily face when I use the products mentioned above and thought this is due to my skin problem (being oily) but every now and then when I get to tired and don't feel like put on anything before bed, my face actually is not that oily but kind of matte instead. Even though I only used this product for only two days, my skin has a major overnight improvement. My skin feels like finally have drunk enough water that the roughness is reduced. The greatest thing about this product is that I do not wake up with oily face from using the product!

It is a huge tub (1LBS) with a pump which is very good. I would mainly use it on my face on night time therefore the monthly cost I estimate would be less than $1.00.

In morning I will put on Vanicream Spf 60 which is also a great product for me that I might give it a review at an appropriate place.