Vanicream Lite Lotion reviews

4.3/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Vanicream

Vanicream Lite Lotion

Purified Water, White Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol Solution, Ceteareth 20, Simethicone, Glyceryl Monostearate, Polyethylene Glycol Monostearate, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT.

Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin, 16 fl oz
Vanicream Lite Lotion, 8 fl oz
Vanicream Lite Lotion, Pump, 16 Ounce
Vanicream Lite Lotion, 8 Ounce

Vanicream Lite Lotion

Best Products for Sensitive Skin. Period.
Reviewed on February 3, 2015

I have been using Vanicream/Free-and-Clear products for many years now. I started with this lotion here but soon after started using their heavy lotion, facial cleanser, sunscreen, skin-protectant, and even shampoo and conditioner. Vanicream has nearly replaced all of my non-sensitive skin compliant products.

This lotion, though, is the best lotion I have ever found to hydrate and nourish the skin, without feeling greasy, and without causing irritation - the most important point of all. It is non-comedogenic, free of any irritating dyes and fragrances, which if you have sensitive skin like me, is a life saver (so many products marketed for sensitive skin still have masking fragrance!). I use it from head to toe, every morning and every night. I even use a little bit in my hair (short) and it keeps it nice and soft throughout the day.

I could not recommend this product enough. If you are looking for an amazingly clean and unadulterated beauty products, capable of providing care to your skin without the use of other common irritating chemicals, dyes, and fragrances, then Vanicream/Free-and-Clear products are for you.

Oh, side note, if you have eczema, the heavy lotion is simply amazing at knocking it right out. It is a little thick and greasy for daily use, but at night it does wonders.

very good
Reviewed on January 27, 2015

I tried this on my body and it goes on nicely and absorbs fast. I have the vanicream product brochure and it advertises this product for Hands, Feet, Body. It does not state it is for the face. I am currently also using the Free & Clear liquid cleanser which is also made by them, and it states in the brochure for Face, Hands, and Body. I may eventually try this on my face to see how it reacts, however I prefer using the Olay Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin at the moment. I also tried the Vanicream Skin Cream at the store, and that felt "tacky" when i used it on my hands, almost like Vaseline.

by AKanel on 02/03/2015 16:33
Don't be afraid to use it on your face. This lotion is better than many for the face. That was my primary use for it when I first purchased the product.
confused about the ingredients
Reviewed on November 18, 2014

I'm wondering how this doesn't break anyone out because it has the ingredients cetearyl alcohol and cetearth 20 which together is likely to cause breakouts. I'm confused and don't know if I should get this or not. I need a good moisturizer cause of the dryness from all the acne meds and the ones I've tried don't seem to work very well.

Has helped my skin quite a bit
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

My friend recommended this lotion, and their soap bar to me, for my face because I was complaining of everything I tried of breaking me out (natural and not natural products). Using this lotion twice a day on my face (along with washing twice a day for just a few seconds in the morning because I don't have any makeup to remove) with the bar, my face has been clearing up, I have also been using Bioglycolic acid on my chin acne (to help clear dark marks from past breakouts), and drinking nettle tea daily (to help cleanse my system and supply trace minerals and vitamins). I think that mentioning the tea and bioglycolic acid is important because I do believe these have contributed. But, after saying that I think that the Vanicream Lite Lotion has played a big role in clearing my skin (otherwise I wouldn't be here writing a review :) ) because It isn't irritating and doesn't come with frills. My skin seems to get irritated and inflamed slightly (which exasperates my breakouts) when I use things with too many ingredients and a lot of fragrance. It feels like I finally have the simple regimen I have been wanting all my life, wash, moisturize, apply makeup, and thats it. I have read other reviews online where people have complained of the price. The price is about $13 for a 16oz bottle. I only use this on my face so when you compare this to the price and size of most moisturizers marketed for your face I think that this is a really good deal.

Reviewed on March 28, 2013

doesn't sting

better than original Vanicream

perfect texture for the regimen (Unless you want it more runny like the acne.org moisturizer. I am not a fan of runny moisturizers, myself.)

amazing for sensitive skin

cheap and accessible

it's my favorite so far

Reviewed on March 9, 2009

Awesome daily moisturizer and great for the regimen! Highly recommended--does not irritate the skin AT ALL, quite soothing formulation. I have been using this moisturizer for a while, now that I am on the regimen, I've been thinking of trying the regular vanicream since it is thicker, has the exact same ingredients as this lite version, and would probably provide perfect flakiness control.