V-Beam Laser Acne Treatment

Recommended by 100% of visitors

Average price: $575.00

Most helpful review

By Ruey, Thailand on 08/25/2008

It is worth to try because each people have different reaction to the laser. My results were okay but not as expected. Some parts of my face are still red but not as red before the treatment. Some red spots just dissapear. Looking forward to doing my second treatment..

Pros:
  • Removes 20% of redness
  • Does not hurt
  • Take very little time
Cons:
  • Face red for first few hours after treatment
  • Expensive and requires multiple treatment
  • Do not expect a clear face

414 out of 723 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I had the non-purpuric/non-bruising vbeam laser and it was really worth it after waiting 8 weeks to see initial treatment results. Don't expect to see significant results with just one treatment though; you need to dedicate yourself to have multiple treatments to really see significant results. I would say there is about 15-20% improvement with each non-purpuric vbeam treatment you get. I had this treatment mainly for Rosacea symptoms, but so far it also has helped improve the appearance of old acne scars that never went away post-Accutane (had severe acne prior to Accutane).

Pros

• Excellent for decreasing redness and getting rid of broken capillaries. Excellent for helping control Rosacea and associated redness/flushing. Helps with the appearance of scars. Non-purpuric/non-bruising vbeam causes only a couple hours downtime.

Cons

• Expensive.
  • Results take ages to show up (at least 8 weeks), you need multiple treatments to see cumulative results.
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 850
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had this in conjunction with Smoothbeam treatments, so I can't say for sure if the V-Beam alone would be helpful. The doctor first did a Smoothbeam treatment and then about 10 minutes later did a V-Beam treatment on the areas that were red. I do believe it helped with the hyperpigmentation left by acne.

Pros

• Cleared my skin after several sessions, and reduced red marks left by acne.

Cons

• a tiny bit painful (not as painful as smoothbeam), expensive
  • moderately severe
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The Cadillac; Worth the price; what is more precious than your own face?

Pros

• fixes broken caps in a jiffy! better results than with previous treatment from an IPL. Just had my second treatment. After the 1st treatment....broken capillaries were reduced by 50%

Cons

• looking like a spotted leapord (red/purplish spots)... at 2 days post treatment...hope they go away soon!
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 300
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Removes 20% of redness
  • Does not hurt
  • Take very little time

Cons

• Face red for first few hours after treatment
  • Expensive and requires multiple treatment
  • Do not expect a clear face
  • moderately severe
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is a great laser for removing redness (plush) from acne breakouts - but don't confuse redness (from blood) with hyper-pigmentation (darker, more browny spots), which aren't treated with this laser.

Depending on area used, multiple treatments may be required, and effects can be mixed/temporary. For example, around the nose is a tricky area to fight as the body constantly tries to repair the blood vessels killed by this laser. However, repeated treatments will show better results each time.

Talk to the doctor about expected results for each area treated so you aren't disappointed when you have to go back a few times.

Pros

• Great for removing redness.

Cons

• May require multiple treatments.
  • Sometimes temporary results depending on treated area - the body will often fight/reverse the effects of this laser.
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.