Page 2 of Turmeric reviews

4.2/5 - 58 reviews

TRY IT
Reviewed on February 9, 2016

This stuff works really well I've tried a few different ways to use it. I've used lemon juice, milk and water. Each way resulted in smooth, clearer, brighter skin and my pimples are dry up and the pimple scars are fading away gradually! i love this

get that yellow stain off your face!
Reviewed on January 21, 2016

I have very pale skin, i use tumeric on my face all the time. Just mix half water and half apple cider vinegar in a container, dip a cottenball in it and wipe it on your face and the yellow stain comes off right away. And its a great toner

Is working great for my fair skin!
Reviewed on January 18, 2016

I, too, am a redhead with very light skin tone. I easily burn and almost everything irritates my skin. I've been using this mask for the past week and can tell a significant difference in my skin. Pores are much smaller, blackheads are nearly gone, and my pimples have cleared up. The mask does leave yellowish-orange tint to your skin, but I follow up with my homemade sugar scrub. It does the trick and my skin feels silky smooth.

by shyamkrisharry on 01/19/2016 10:09
How do you use it? What is the method?
by PhoebeAlcinda on 01/25/2016 03:30
I use a foundation brush to apply the turmeric mask. I apply a thin coat. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off. The sugar scrub I use afterwards takes the yellow tint away.
by kimtreasure on 03/02/2016 23:34
Hi there - would you be able to provide your recipes for these two masks? Many thanks
Maybe not to be used on light skin
Reviewed on January 14, 2016

I'm a redhead so I have naturally porcelain white skin. I don't know what I was thinking one day but I decided to try a tumeric mask. I didn't realize how much tumeric stains until afterward...my face was orange! It did not harm my skin, and my skin did feel nice afterward, I just didn't plan on looking like an oompa loompa.

If you have light skin like I do, just be be aware.

by littlekk9104 on 01/21/2016 12:01
Half acv half water .. dip a coten ball in it and wipe it on your face ..the yellow color comes right off
Yeah!
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

Hey peeps, so I'm gonna be brief and simple -not to bore you-

I battled with acne since I was a teen, it wasn't extreme but it was very persistent and just wouldn't go away.

I decided one day to dump all chemicals and shift to natural remedies, as they say: "You can't put things on your face that you wouldn't eat." Which I strongly believe in.

What worked:-

1- Apple Cider Vinegar:- Raw ACV with the mother in it, worked like magic with me.

2- Olive oil:- Wonderful! Although I warn you, don't use it on a daily bases, and preferably after you steam your face. Also, preferably not to sleep in, as it can smudge all over the dirt on your pillow cases and sheets.

3- Lemon in diluted water:- Amazing! But also, heads up! Not to be used daily, regardless of your skin type.

4- Steam:- This has been the best grounds for starting any natural remedy, as it opens up your pores and helps with blood circulation. If you wanna smudge anything on your face, do it right after!

5- Honey + Olive oil + Lemon + Mashed banana:- INCREDIBLE! ESPECIALLY AFTER FACE-STEAM!!! Highly recommend this one, as it suits ALL SKIN TYPES. It acts as basically.. EVERYTHING.

6- Regularly consuming over 2-3 mugs of fresh green tea. Results take weeks to months to manifest, but it's highly effective when it becomes an-every-day regime. Promise!

7- Turmeric! Amazing! Just mix it with any other natural ingredient (honey, olive oil, coconut oil with lemon, etc) and don't keep it on for too long (30 minutes is good) and it works really well. Don't worry about the stains, they go off on their own quickly, you don't have to over-wash and dry your face, you'll wake up totally NOT looking like a simpson. ;)

What didn't work:-

1- Retin A:- Dried up my skin and cured the acne, but I broke out all over again just weeks later. Baaaaaaad.

2- Overly washing the face with harsh soap:- The most important thing about keeping a healthy skin is MOISTURIZING! If your skin is dry on a regular basis, expect to break out. Trust me on this one.

3- Scented soap, oil, etc.. Anything scented, will MOST PROBABLY IRRITATE YOUR SKIN.

4- Toothpaste. Really bad choice. It dries up your skin, and it contains SLS (Sodium Sulfate Lauryl\Lauryth). Baaaaaaaad.

5- Antibiotics. It takes too long to explain this one, but trust me, if anyone tells you they get cleared up afterwards, will not be followed by the fact they get break-outs again. It's not effective on the long run. And the re-break-outs, they're worse.

Basically guys, don't let your skin get dependent on anything, thus don't overuse any treatment (especially if you are into chemical ones). The skin gets dependent, so when you stop using the product you'll just break out all over again. And this is where natural remedies kick in for the rescue, most of them don't cause dependence, nor irritation (if used in low to moderate times per day\week\month -it depends-.

If ya'll got any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer!

by LilacSandbar on 01/18/2016 14:02
Hi Sage - Thanks for this helpful review! I've been using the honey, lemon and banana face mask for some time now, and I love it! Could you share what kind of face wash and moisturizer you use? My face can get pretty dry - especially in the winter time - which leads to a lot of breakouts. Can't seems to find really good, fragrance-free cleanser and moisturizer.
YAY
Reviewed on January 2, 2016

Yes, it made my face smoother, and it made my pores smaller.

THIS IS A MUST TRY!!

You can get it at Indian stores, or maybe even at your local supermarket.

The only bad thing is that it makes your skin kinda yellow.

So dont keep it on for over 10+ minutes.

by Amjiamna on 01/06/2016 17:17
Do you use it every day
😍😍YES
Reviewed on December 27, 2015

Amazing!!! So, yesterday I made a mixture of 1% Milk, a half a tablespoon on coconut oil, and a fair amount of tumeric. I left in on for about 20 minutes and saw few to little improvement in my skin but wasn't expecting anything dramatic, of course. Tonight, I got the same mix, but added honey. I left this on my face, but not as a mask, more of a spot treatment over scars and pimples. I took it off after, oh id say, 4 hours (TOTALLY forgot about it). After getting rid of the yellow stain I looked at myself and my jaw dropped. My scars, SO FADED, my pimples... What pimples?!?! I mean the improvement it made on my skin just got me in awe. If you can get your hands on this mix, use it!!! I have never been more happy. My skin feels happy and I feel happy.

by monroe444 on 02/02/2016 02:36
Thank you so much for posting this, Kkimmeth! Has anyone else tried this? I'm trying it now without coconut oil and with fenugreek (and turmeric). Will report the results asap.
by monroe444 on 02/02/2016 02:36
I'm in awe!
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

I've suffered from a chronic, esteem-crushing case of cystic acne for probably 9 months now. My confidence has sunk to levels it hasn't been since high school. I dropped a lot of money on different products, trying to find a miracle combination of them that would clear my bumpy, uneven skin. We all know the struggle. In my hours of cystic acne research, I briefly read that turmeric makes a good mask, but I sort of laughed it off because I thought it would stain your skin yellow and you'd end up with jaundice-looking skin. Anyways, two nights ago I was feeling a little desperate. I had two painful cysts on the lower part of my face (which has been the norm lately), but worse was a third painful one on my forehead, which hasn't been the case before. My forehead has been clear for all these months and I was worried it was spreading! I decided to do a anti-inflammatory honey mask with some cinnamon to exfoliate, when I found turmeric powder in my spice drawer and decided to toss some in (maybe a teaspoon), because like I said, I was desperate. I left the mask on for about 20 minutes and rinsed it off. There was no staining and my skin felt really refreshed and "alive". I decided to take it up a notch and rubbed some of the mixture onto my cysts and covered them with a bandaid to leave overnight. I've done that before with regular honey and have had moderate success with it, but I was AMAZED with how well it worked with the turmeric!! When I woke up, the cyst on my forehead was gone entirely, and the other two had shrunk down and were no longer hurting! I tried it again last night and they are shrunk almost completely. I have never had any store bought product work so quickly and effectively, no matter how "fast-acting" it claimed to be. There is some staining after being on the skin for so long but it washes off nicely with a little water. I have yellow-y undertones in my skin so it might not be as bad for me than for someone with very pale skin. I got a henna tattoo once and it lasted only a few days while my very fair friend's lasted nearly a month! So if you're concerned I'd start out with a pinch or two at first and work your way up to see what is the best amount for your skin. I have a feeling that you don't need a lot of this miracle stuff to see affects!

Ah-Ma-Zing
Reviewed on November 21, 2015

Amazing for acne scars but makes skin sensitive to sun but you can just apply sunscreen.

Amazing!
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

I suffered from moderate acne for about four months. It hit me really hard because I hadn't been a victim ever before (I'm 25). I tried many remedies, but it only seemed to get worse; my skin was lifeless and wrinkly (very mortifying). I finally gave turmeric a shot and it's gotten rid of ALL the acne! It took only three treatments to see results. It's been a month and my skin is absolutely healthy and glowy-my face is more even, my dark circles are gone, my scars are healing and less visible. I might see a whitehead once in a while (which I pick) but it never leaves a spot which is freaking amazing and even mystical!

I typically used turmeric with cinnamon which is very stainy but I realized later on mixing it with a little gram flour reduces the staining significantly. I work at home so I was able to keep the mask on for 5-6 hours a day during the first week. I did it for 4 consecutive days and since then I've been doing it twice or thrice a week for an hour or two.

One other thing that has really helped (and strongly recommend) is keeping soaps and cleaners away from my face completely. Trust me, when your face heals and reaches its natural balance you won't need all that crap, and turmeric will help you achieve that. I only use cold tap water once a day and a coconut-sugar scrub weekly (incredibly low-maintenance!).

Try it out and see if works for you! There's no guarantee but it's worth a shot. Oh and if you're sensitive to cinnamon, use minimally or avoid it altogether. (It’s great for stimulating blood flow though)

by PingOioi on 09/09/2015 21:33
Do you mixed yours with cinnamon? A cinnamon powder on a turmeric powder? Do you put honey in it?
by Shelly563 on 09/19/2015 12:33
Just cinnamon powder with turmeric powder. Started adding some yoghurt as well and the results are even better.