Page 2 of Turmeric reviews

4.3/5 - 47 reviews

Turmeric

turmeric face and body mask
Reviewed on August 25, 2015

it does stain my face yellow but I do the mask before bed every other night during the week and the stain is very faint in the morning ; it comes off with a little face wash in the morning. Ive heard that you shouldn't wash your face after using the mask whitch is why I use it right before bed and wash in the morning when I wake up. i just use it with yogurt and lemon juice. Ive only used it one fully so idk if ive seen results yet. but so far its a 4/5 for me

Turmeric Face Mask
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

Me and my cousin decided to do a turmeric face mask consisting of turmeric powder natural yoghurt and a little honey. I had heard great reviews about this. As I took it off I was left with red and burning skin. Very disappointed as I had high hopes

by Nisha97 on 11/20/2015 02:57
Same! I don't think turmeric works for sensitive skin. Like mine
16 days and I still have hope
Reviewed on August 10, 2015

Hi,

I am 25 years old and I have some acne scars on my cheeks that I want to remove. I have been using the turmeric mask for about 16 days.

The combination is: natural yogurt+ tea spoon of turmeric for the 10 first days. then I've used the active yeast+ water+ turmeric

Well, I have to admit that I don't see an improvement on my skin yet but I'll keep on. the only problem for me is that it starts burning after 10 or 15 minutes and I have to wash it right away.

I still have hope...

by Sandramcuk on 01/17/2016 19:31
Try a tca peel for the scaring. No need to go to a dermatologist. Google/youtube it. It takes about 5 days from start to finish but the results are amazing. My local salon does them but charges £500 you can buy the product online for around £10 which will last ages. I used a 25%.
It really works!
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

So, I was a victim of hyperpigmentation for over three years after pregnancy. . . I mixed tumeric with some lemon juice and spread over the dark areas. . . . after a week I saw results. . . . . this natural remedy is the only thing that worked for me. . . I will continue to use. . . . I'm excited about the results!

BEST THING EVER
Reviewed on June 20, 2015

This litrally the best thing that seems to work on my skin. I use it with lime juice it works good! LOVE THIS!!

Best Acne treatment EVER
Reviewed on April 28, 2015

I've had acne for YEARS. I've tried everything from prescriptions, store bought products, and other home remedies. As a result of all of my acne i have awful acne scars everywhere. I mix turmeric with some fresh squeezed lime juice and put it on my face for about 30 mins to an hour every night. Even after a week of using this I AM IN LOVE. Threw away all of my other acne products, even the expensive ones, and swear i will never use an acne face wash on my face ever again. (I still use a face scrub but not one with any benzoyl peroxide or anything like that). It's a little staining on the skin but will wash off with a face scrub. I take the vitamin turmeric once daily too. This product is sincerely my saving GRACE!!!!!!!!!!

by naomislifewithacne on 05/08/2015 18:49
How long did it take before you saw results?
Sorry turmeric....
Reviewed on April 26, 2015

Today I awoke to discover it would be one of those days my acne got me down. I had been with my boyfriend earlier on in the day and when I looked in the mirror I was positively mortified when I saw how red and irritated my skin was! I scoured the Internet, desperate to find something that would clear up my skin so I could meet my boyfriend again later on and redeem myself. I tried absolutely everything- toothpaste, antibiotics, antioxidants, I even resorted to putting lemon juice on my face - PAINFUL! Finally I came to my last option, turmeric. I was wary about using it because I read it can make your skin more sensitive to the ultraviolet rays of the sun, increasing your risk of skin cancers and what not, however sheer desperation drove me to trying it out. I'm not going to lie to you, it huuuuurt, my face burned to the point my eyes began to water, I then went to wash off the turmeric mask with warm water but my skin had become so sensitive even the slightly warm water began to scald my skin. Although the mask did ever so subtly reduce the redness of my skin, it gave my skin a yellowish hue (twinge), which merely left me looking like I had a case of jaundice. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want super sensitive, yellowish skin with a slight reduction in redness. It could be different for you though so if you wish to, give it a go! In addition to that, my skin was as smooth as a baby's bottom and as time went on I did notice a bit of an improvement in my acne! Hope this helps ;)

by pbNtomato on 08/01/2015 14:20
Maybe it was the turmeric in combination with EVERYTHING you used prior that made your skin so irritated and sensitive
Powdered Gold!
Reviewed on March 19, 2015

I honestly can't believe this doesn't have more reviews due to all the hype about Turmeric lately! This amazing natural spice, in conjunction with ACV, is solely responsible for clearing up my skin. I already wrote a post about ACV (which is liquid gold)...well this sh*t is powdered gold! I literally have not had this clear of skin since...um, ever?

I use a brand name turmeric from the regular grocery store, it's super cheap. I've been using a variety of masks with this stuff for a little over a week, and have already seen dramatic results.

The masks I have tried are:

Turmeric + honey (good, but messy - use in the bath!)

Turmeric + milk + rice flour (really hard to get off, it cakes on the skin, prob my least fave mix)

Turmeric + Aztec Healing Clay + ACV (my favorite so far)

I have yet to try it with plain yogurt, but I plan to and I will update my review :)

Within the first few applications I could see my skin getting brighter with more of the "glow" that people talk about. Within the next few times my scars are visibly reduced (still there, nonetheless, but much lighter than before). My skin is always super soft after washing the mask off and breakouts are minimized. YES - it does stain. And yes, you will look like you have frolicked in a mustard field or have baby diarrhea on your face (sorry, but it's true.) But honestly with how well it works, it isn't even really an issue for me, you just have to be extra careful! It will stain the sink, clothes, but your face will only be temporarily stained I promise :) I apply it at night, and after my morning shower there are no traces of oompa loompa skin! Yay!

Anyways, give it a try, I have found my new holy grail skin care item and I highly recommend it!

by SterlingMoon on 04/15/2015 12:37
How long did you leave the masks on? And did you leave it on overnight?
Really Happy with the results so far
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

I've only used this mask two times so far and I'm really happy with the results. My pimples have minimized but, the main reason why I wanted to use it was to fade my acne scars and prevent breakouts. My old acne scars that have been on my cheeks for about 3 months are finally going away. They might not be gone completely but they're fading quicker than other remedies I've used to fade them. Before I started using the turmeric mask my skin was awkwardly shiny and not smooth around my acne scars. Now there smooth and don't have that weird texture to it. Since I've only used this 2 times I will update how my skin is after I've the used the mask more.

What I used was

1 tablespoon of turmeric

1 tablespoon of plain greek yogurt

Then I let it sit for 15-20 minutes,

I also think that the yogurt is helping to because its known to kill bacteria and fade acne scars.

After im done with the mask I put astringent on and moisturizer. Then I put vitamin e oil on my scars( the vitamin e oil helps a little, also if you do put vitamin e oil on, just use a tiny bit of it on your scars)

by naomislifewithacne on 05/04/2015 17:54
Does it help with red acne marks?
Could be my acne saving grace.
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

I give four stars because of the obvious staining that occurs. I just exfoliate gently with a washrag. But for me... Turmeric mixed with almond oil to form a pasty mask has been the ONLY thing to both stop my breakouts and heal my hyper pigmentation. The almond oil has AHA properties and the turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties as well. My skin is superrr sensitive and this is the only thing that has manged to calm it down. Plus, almond oil has a comedogenic rating of 2 and my skin is really dry so it doesn't cause me to break out. One more plus, my skin naturally has yellow undertones so it just makes me look slightly more tan! This has been a great thing for my skin and I have hormonal acne on my face, chest and back. Only downside is that I have to do a full mask every 3-4 days or I start breaking out all over again. It's worth it to me.