Triaz Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser

Recommended by 86% of visitors

Average price: $45.00

Most helpful review

By Brittany, NY on 07/15/2010

My dermatologist says this is a common reaction. She suggested I use a simplebar of Dove soap for now...that's a lot cheaper than the cleansing cloths. It's upsetting that I wasted my money on this product..

Pros:
  • None
Cons:
  • At first it seemed like this product was really working, but I think that was just the left-over positive effects of a chemical peel I had done. After one week of use my skin looks 100% worse than it did before. My jaw line is covered in acne, before I just had a few scattered pimples. I also have pimples around my eyes and on my cheeks- I place where I never got them before.

63 out of 119 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide (9%).

Glycerin USP, White Petrolatum USP, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Purified Water USP, Special Petrolatum Fraction, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Carbomer, Potassium Polymetaphosphate NF, Titanium Dioxide USP, Triethanolamine NF, Glycolic Acid, Lavender Extract, Menthol Crystals USP.

Member reviews

By on

I liked this cleanser but it was way to expensive so I asked my dermatologist and she gave me a scrip for the generic form and it works the same :) they are the 6% cloths and sometimes I rip them apart because too much makes my skin really sensitive. I use this with the Epiduo gel at night and another topical gel in the morning, along with Cetaphil as a moisturizer. It has definitley cleared up the majority of my acne, minus a few zits here and there.

Pros

• works well
  • didn't re-break out my skin

Cons

• really expensive
  • can make skin very sensitive if you use too much
  • moderate
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using the 6% cloths for about 3 weeks now. I am prone to cystic acne, and I've been battleing with it for years. I have tried so many over the counter and prescription medications, and this is the first one that has motivated me to write a review.

When I went to get this prescription filled, I had sticker shock at the price, however, my dermatologist gave me a coupon to lower the cost from a $60 copay to $10. The box included 60 cleansing cloths to be used 2x a day, which equalls a 30 day supply. I decided to save some money and be more economical and I started cutting my cleasing cloths into four's, and at the advice of the pharmacist, I have only been using them at night, not in the morning as well.

I have seen great results so far. It is slightly drying, so you have to be very digilent about wearing moisturizer, exspecially one with sunscreen due to this increasing your sun sensitivity. I also stopped using toner. I took about 2 days off from this product and started getting new pimples, it's best to make sure you used this every night.

I love this product, It has worked great for me so far. After only 3 weeks, I feel confident to be able to leave the house with out coating my face with foundation.

Thank you Triaz!!!

Pros

• Easy to use in the shower, very portable, clears acne

Cons

• Expensive, slightly drying
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have (had?) mild-moderate acne with cystic pimples along my jawline, chin, and occasionally on the forehead, along with a few whiteheads on cheeks and/or forehead, and the normal blackheads on nose. That sounds worse than it is, since I'd usually have 1-2 cystic pimples at any one time, and then the same number of whiteheads.

The first week of use, using the 6% cloths, I broke out with four new cystic pimples. They were painful and very stubborn lasting 2-4 weeks each. This is 2-3x the number I would normally have at any given time. However, I am now about 6 weeks into the system, and have had only one new cystic pimple since that initial break-out. I continue to have the occasional whitehead, and while I have noticed an improvement on my nose, the pores on my cheeks are still large. I would say that my skin is showing signs of improvement, and unless my dermatologist recommends otherwise at my 6 week follow-up, I will continue with Triaz.

The biggest pro, in my opinion, to Triaz over another BP product is that it is used in the shower and is rinsed off in a safe environment where it can do less damage. I'm not bleaching any towels, t-shirts, etc. with its use (I have white towels-they look fine), whereas a topical BP product could damage clothes/furniture/towels.

I am using Triaz in conjunction with Ziana, which seems to be a very common combo as both are made by the same drug company and their pharm reps are doing their job. I am pleased with this combo thus far, having had no major irritations and am seeing fewer new pimples.

For reference, Triaz is a third tier prescription on my insurance's formulary, so you may have to be specific that you want Triaz and not the generic. I have several coupons from my doctor which reduce the price to $10 a month from the insurance co-pay of $60. The pharmacy's label on the box tells me that my insurance saved me more than $300.

Pros

• Face feels softer, no bleaching of eyebrows/hairline (yet), reducing acne and blackheads (gradually)

Cons

• Could potentially bleach hair or fabric, expensive
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 60
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

acne is going to get worst before it gets better so don"t stop using it give it time. whats one more week of bad acne then it gets better.

Pros

• working good so far i have been using Triaz cleansing cloths 9%. dose not dry out my face, super easy to use and fast just wash face for 20 seconds and done.

Cons

• Its expensive if you have cheap inshurance, but derm gave me a card to get 6 months free and after its going to cost me 20 bucks.
  • moderate
  • for about a month

By on

Pros

• None

• $ 45
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've had acne on my back since 5th grade. Nothing has gotten rid of it since Triaz. I love this foaming cleanser and its worth every penny for me. Now i can wear tank tops, or a swim suit w/o being embarressed about my acne. I feel so empowered and happy now that ive got my good skin back.

Pros

• You see results immediatly. It is easy and has a big cloth so you can use it anywhere. The foam last a long time so if you need to use it all over your body you can.

Cons

• Can be expensive w/o insurance.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I think it works great, I'm currently using this product with epiduo and it is working very well.

Pros

• It gets rid of acne.

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Good cleanser, a little on the expensive side but works for the price which is good.

Pros

• Used in conjunction with Benzaclin, Tazorac, and Aczone. Works well.

Cons

• Expensive, even with insurance.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 40
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is worth every dollar spent.

Pros

• Tried numerous creams and meds. This has worked wonders in just a few short weeks. When a stray pimple pops up, I have the differin cream. My face is 100 % better.

Cons

• Very difficult to get the insurance to pay for. Not sure of bottom line cost. My Dr. gave me coupons......
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use these 6% bezoyl peroxide cloths in addition to Differin .3% gel at night and a minocycline antibiotic. My dermatologist gave me a ton of samples so I haven't had to actually pay anything, but apparently it's pretty expensive. I have tried every OTC product and many prescriptions in the past and nothing has worked better than this!

Pros

• It has noticably started to clear my skin within a short period of time, in conjunction with other prescriptions. I like the consistency of the cleanser (foamy) and the cloths seem to exfoliate the skin somewhat and make it very soft.

Cons

• None, really. I Have fairly sensitive skin and this never really gave me any reaction other than slight redness that went away quickly.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.