Triaz Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser reviews

3.9/5 - 37 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide (9%).

Glycerin USP, White Petrolatum USP, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Purified Water USP, Special Petrolatum Fraction, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Carbomer, Potassium Polymetaphosphate NF, Titanium Dioxide USP, Triethanolamine NF, Glycolic Acid, Lavender Extract, Menthol Crystals USP.

Reviewed on June 2, 2012

I liked this cleanser but it was way to expensive so I asked my dermatologist and she gave me a scrip for the generic form and it works the same :) they are the 6% cloths and sometimes I rip them apart because too much makes my skin really sensitive. I use this with the Epiduo gel at night and another topical gel in the morning, along with Cetaphil as a moisturizer. It has definitley cleared up the majority of my acne, minus a few zits here and there.

Reviewed on January 2, 2011

I have been using the 6% cloths for about 3 weeks now. I am prone to cystic acne, and I've been battleing with it for years. I have tried so many over the counter and prescription medications, and this is the first one that has motivated me to write a review.

When I went to get this prescription filled, I had sticker shock at the price, however, my dermatologist gave me a coupon to lower the cost from a $60 copay to $10. The box included 60 cleansing cloths to be used 2x a day, which equalls a 30 day supply. I decided to save some money and be more economical and I started cutting my cleasing cloths into four's, and at the advice of the pharmacist, I have only been using them at night, not in the morning as well.

I have seen great results so far. It is slightly drying, so you have to be very digilent about wearing moisturizer, exspecially one with sunscreen due to this increasing your sun sensitivity. I also stopped using toner. I took about 2 days off from this product and started getting new pimples, it's best to make sure you used this every night.

I love this product, It has worked great for me so far. After only 3 weeks, I feel confident to be able to leave the house with out coating my face with foundation.

Thank you Triaz!!!

Reviewed on November 30, 2010

I have (had?) mild-moderate acne with cystic pimples along my jawline, chin, and occasionally on the forehead, along with a few whiteheads on cheeks and/or forehead, and the normal blackheads on nose. That sounds worse than it is, since I'd usually have 1-2 cystic pimples at any one time, and then the same number of whiteheads.

The first week of use, using the 6% cloths, I broke out with four new cystic pimples. They were painful and very stubborn lasting 2-4 weeks each. This is 2-3x the number I would normally have at any given time. However, I am now about 6 weeks into the system, and have had only one new cystic pimple since that initial break-out. I continue to have the occasional whitehead, and while I have noticed an improvement on my nose, the pores on my cheeks are still large. I would say that my skin is showing signs of improvement, and unless my dermatologist recommends otherwise at my 6 week follow-up, I will continue with Triaz.

The biggest pro, in my opinion, to Triaz over another BP product is that it is used in the shower and is rinsed off in a safe environment where it can do less damage. I'm not bleaching any towels, t-shirts, etc. with its use (I have white towels-they look fine), whereas a topical BP product could damage clothes/furniture/towels.

I am using Triaz in conjunction with Ziana, which seems to be a very common combo as both are made by the same drug company and their pharm reps are doing their job. I am pleased with this combo thus far, having had no major irritations and am seeing fewer new pimples.

For reference, Triaz is a third tier prescription on my insurance's formulary, so you may have to be specific that you want Triaz and not the generic. I have several coupons from my doctor which reduce the price to $10 a month from the insurance co-pay of $60. The pharmacy's label on the box tells me that my insurance saved me more than $300.

Reviewed on August 24, 2010

acne is going to get worst before it gets better so don"t stop using it give it time. whats one more week of bad acne then it gets better.

Reviewed on July 15, 2010

My dermatologist says this is a common reaction. She suggested I use a simplebar of Dove soap for now...that's a lot cheaper than the cleansing cloths. It's upsetting that I wasted my money on this product.

Reviewed on October 20, 2009

I've had acne on my back since 5th grade. Nothing has gotten rid of it since Triaz. I love this foaming cleanser and its worth every penny for me. Now i can wear tank tops, or a swim suit w/o being embarressed about my acne. I feel so empowered and happy now that ive got my good skin back.

Reviewed on September 5, 2009

I think it works great, I'm currently using this product with epiduo and it is working very well.

Reviewed on August 1, 2009

Good cleanser, a little on the expensive side but works for the price which is good.

Reviewed on July 15, 2009

It is worth every dollar spent.

Reviewed on June 29, 2009

I use these 6% bezoyl peroxide cloths in addition to Differin .3% gel at night and a minocycline antibiotic. My dermatologist gave me a ton of samples so I haven't had to actually pay anything, but apparently it's pretty expensive. I have tried every OTC product and many prescriptions in the past and nothing has worked better than this!