Page 5 of Tretinoin (Retin-A, Retisol-A) reviews

3.6/5 - 1339 reviews

Tretinoin (0.01%), Parsol MCX (7.5%) and Parsol 1789 (2%) SPF 15.

Butylated hydroxytoluene, carbomer 934, cyclomethicone, diisopropyl adipate, glycerin, imidurea/parabens, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, light mineral oil, phenyl trimethicone, polysorbate 60, purified water USP, sodium hydroxide 10%, sorbitan monosterate, and stearyl alcohol.

Reviewed on May 17, 2013

Everyone told me how amazing this product is. All it did for me was make me incredibly sensitive, and dry out my skin.

Reviewed on May 15, 2013

Tretinoin broke me out so bad! I went to the dermatologist because I was breaking out with maybe 5-6 pimples. So he prescribed this this cream. I was clueless about this cream and used it without researching it. Worst decision. My skin broke out really bad and I had 20 pimples and I got red acne scars (hyper-pigmentation). To make matters worse I had to go on accutane to get rid of all the acne. Please do not use this, your self-esteem will go dowm.

Reviewed on April 29, 2013

It has been one year since I began retin a; 3 mo of .025% followed by 9 mo of .05%. With the exception of a small monthly breakout related to my menstrual cycle, I am CLEAR.

I have tried: benzoyl peroxode, salicylic acid, glycolic and lactic acid peels, topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, birth control, food elimination diets, lifestyle changes, vitamins (fish oil, zinc, vitamin c).

The purging period lasted 8 months for me. My clogged pores turned into horrible acne of all varieties within a month of beginning retin a. I didn't think I would survive the first 6 months. I cried, my self esteem reached an all time low, and I was completely humbled. It was a blessing in disguise.

My skin completely cleared around month 9, when I began drinking 1 qt of fresh carrot juice (5lbs juiced) daily. I had the same results as a course of Accutane, and now my hyper pigmentation is finally fading.

It has been a long road and retin a requires COURAGE. The best thing I have found for my skin is to treat a breakout like a cold sore. Any manipulation of my skin spreads it, and even if I have a gross whitehead, if I leave it alone it will dry up and quickly fade without consequent breakouts. I wash my face with African black soap now, with a spray rose water-glycerine as my moisturizer. I apply hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball to any breakouts then LEAVE IT BE.

It will pass!! Just survive the transition (easier said than done) and draw on your inner strength. I know how difficult it is and I pray for relief for all of you.

Reviewed on April 23, 2013

I love Dan's regimen with RetinA. The retinA gives me a great peel to keep my pores tight and my skin looking bright and youthful. Dan's regimin and products stop acne in it's tracks and prevents new boils. This combo is amazing for my skin. Not sure if a lot of others could handle these two together as they are both very strong but my skin is flawless using both together. And the moisturizer is perfect although I do glob it on but it works amazingly well.

Reviewed on April 23, 2013

I highly recommend this product. I had chin acne that nothing, including BP, worked for. I am overall highly sensitive to BP and this product does not irritate my skin. I had an awful initial breakout - multiple painful cysts on my chin for about a month. I read on this website that many experienced the same thing and stuck it out. Then suddenly, acne started fading and I stopped getting new cysts and now my chin is clear except some scarring spots and occasional breakout. 4 stars instead of 5 for the initial breakout.

Reviewed on April 14, 2013

I've had spots since I was about 15. As I turned 18 they got worse and worse up to now (I'm 20). My derm recommended this cream and I was unsure at first. It brought out hundreds of little bumps that covered every area of my face. Each bump was a small pimple that the cream had brought up due to clogged pores. My problem is hormonal but the pill hasn't done much for me. Six weeks in and I was still spot ridden and scouring this website for some success stories. By week 8 I had a few less spots, week 9 less again, until finally I gradually noticed I was getting less and less until there were none! It was a miracle to me and I'm so happy I stuck it out. Now 7 months on and I get the occasional spot but that's fine with me! Please give it a proper go. I've never tried any topical as effective as this and I couldn't bare to part with it now.

Reviewed on April 9, 2013

It would have been perfect if I wasn't so oily. I have used it for over 4 months and it is still as oily as ever.

Reviewed on April 6, 2013

So this is my 3rd review of this cream. I wrote one about 10 weeks into my use of Tretinoin, and then a second after 6 months. I'm now at 1 year of using this medication and I could not be happier. Sticking with this medication is really difficult for the first 4-5 months, because you don't see immediate results and there is a lot of flaking. But don't be discouraged. I went from having lots of acne and comedones on my cheeks and chin, to having maybe 1-2 comedones develop every 2 weeks. Because this medicine thins your skin, any comedone is very easy to extract, if you do so gently. My dermatologist recommended only make-ups and face washes and face lotions that explicitly say "non-comedogenic" on them, and that has also made a big difference. I freely use lotions and sunscreens on my face in order to keep my skin healthy and moisturized, and because they are non-comedogenic they are very effective.

Getting through the first months of Tretinoin was so difficult, but I would come back to this site every couple of days looking for success stories. They really kept me going, and I hope that you will read this account, and find the strength to keep going. It will pay off, and you will feel so confident and attractive. Acne is so emotionally painful, but it doesn't have to be anymore!

SUPER IMPORTANT: wash your face at night (I use Cetaphil), wait 30 minutes for your skin to be completely dry, apply pea sized amount to affected area. Do not apply near nose or mouth, unless desperately necessary. This medicine will cause more burning/peeling and won't be as effective if you put it on while there is any moisture on your skin. Don't use it in the morning, it's a bit greasy and doesn't work well under make up. Just apply a moisturizer (I use CeraVe with SPF) in the morning and whatever non-comedogenic make-up you like, and go!

Also, buy and use a Clairsonic, it is a bit expensive but it is great in the morning when you're washing your face... it will get the dr

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

Preliminary results are good, time will tell!!!

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

When I started with this prescription (Tretinoin Cream .05%) I had moderate/severe acne. At first, I didn't have any of the expected side effects, like redness/itching/etc. However, after a few months my skin got very bad and I started to develop cystic acne. I kept using it, but I didn't see results until about a week ago. I have been using it for almost a year and my skin has just cleared up. AND my skin wasn't even that bad to start with. So just remember to stick with it if you can!