Page 5 of Tretinoin (Retin-A, Retisol-A) reviews

3.5/5 - 1367 reviews

Tretinoin (0.01%), Parsol MCX (7.5%) and Parsol 1789 (2%) SPF 15.

Butylated hydroxytoluene, carbomer 934, cyclomethicone, diisopropyl adipate, glycerin, imidurea/parabens, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, light mineral oil, phenyl trimethicone, polysorbate 60, purified water USP, sodium hydroxide 10%, sorbitan monosterate, and stearyl alcohol.

Haven't been on long enough to know! But so far so good
Reviewed on January 30, 2014

We'll so far I've been on it for 2 weeks today and I've seen a very slight change in my skin. My skin rarely gets dry and so far im not flaking. I mostly just get acne on my forehead and I have a big cyst on my nose right now and quite a few pimples on my hairline.Some of the acne on my forehead has went down and now it's getting a little worse so I guess I'm on the initial breakout period. I will still continue to use this though because I believe that it will work! So far my skin is not sensitive to the sun or anything it's just getting oiler. I hope my acne gets better!

It works - when combined with a good moisturizer and exfoliate
Reviewed on December 21, 2013

I'm 46 and have had acne since i was 14. I've tried everything out there and nothing has worked or lasted. this includes Accutane, antibiotics, sulpha lotion, benzoyl peroxide, laser, peels, and tons more. accutane worked for a few years but after the birth of my son, acne came back in a fury. i went on accutane again, but lasted a few months. This product with a combination of other products has helped resolve my problem. In the morning I wash my face with physoderm ph reducer. Then i apply a thin layer of reversa 8% glycolic cream (wait 15 minutes after washing to apply). Then i apply a second layer of Eucerin 5% urea face cream. Since glycolic can be irritating to the skin and also dries it out, this is the best cream that i have found to give me intense moisture without break outs. in the evening, i wash my face with sebcur 4% glycolic acid. Yes, this product is meant for dandruff, but the 2% face wash that are available on the market simply was not working. i needed something stronger. once my skin is completely dry, i apply .5 retinol cream to my entire face and add a second layer of eucerin 5% night cream (very very hydrating). Note that at the beginning, i had to apply the glycolic and retin a every 3rd day to give my face a chance to adjust. eventually it was every day without any irritation. By the 3rd week into this treatment, all pimples on my chin, cheek and nose disappeared. I had a few break outs and by week 6 nothing. I'm now on week 10 and still nothing. It is so nice now to get up in the morning, touch my face and no pimple can be found! its a miracle and i'm crossing my fingers that it will continue to last. the main benefit of this regime is that your skin will shed quite a bit bit without any irritation. however, it is important to manually exfoliate your skin every second day. The best exfoliating glove on the market is Renaissance. it costs more, but it can last several years (make sure to clean it on a weekly basis). i also purchased a small microdermabrasion machine and use it once a week for more intense exfoliation. This really helps with removing a lot of dead skin. Today, my skin is amazing. Many of my acne scars are barely noticeable. They are slowly disappearing and if you are in your forties, fine lines are also considerably reduced. My colleagues cannot believe how good my face looks, they indicated that i look so much younger and healthier. I wanted to share this regime as i have tried pretty much everything that exists out there.

by tatilop on 08/19/2014 21:45
Hello, I have a doubt did you use it over all your face or just over acne? Thanks a lot
Requires patience
Reviewed on December 19, 2013

This is a review specifically for Retin-A Micro. For years I had been trying to get rid of closed comedones on my forehead area that just never seemed to go away. I was prescribed Retin-A Micro by my dermatologist. At first I found it to be irritating (I have very sensitive skin) and it make my skin dry and flakey. I decided to use it every two days instead. After about 3 months, I noticed that the closed comedones were turning into blackheads....I wasn't sure if that was progress or not, but continued using the product nonetheless. I would say it took a good 6 months before I saw any good results. Now, I hardly have any closed comedones (whiteheads) left. You have to be patient, but it does work.

not even going to try it
Reviewed on December 18, 2013

The ingredient list on my tube has stearic acid and isopropyl myristate high on the list (first and second ingredients behind tretinoin)..both are very comedogenic ingredients. Many other people have said this product has broken them out...so to me it's not worth the risk.

Wish I never would have tried this
Reviewed on December 4, 2013

I really wish I would have never gone to the dermatologist office. In all honesty my acne was not even that bad. I feel like it became severe once I started using Atralin, the brand I was prescribed. I trusted my derm, and I asked her if I would break out while using this. She told me no.. Wrong. I understand that this takes 3 months to see results, but I am only on month 2 and I do not think I can continue using this. My breakouts haven't been whiteheads, but cysts. So many cysts. A new one every day. I have become so self conscious about them, I refuse to leave my house because I do not want people to see me. Dryness has been an issue as well, which is also making me feel self conscious with everyone pointing it out. But I do not mean to discourage anyone. This product simply did not work for me, that doesn't mean it will be the same for everyone. It could work beautifully for some people, and may not for others. I do hope anyone going through what I am going through makes it with beautiful skin. Best of wishes.

by marie11793 on 12/17/2013 01:46
I'm also using Atralin and I HATE it. It's been a little over a month and my acne is worse than it was before. Like you, I only had 2-3 pimples before I started, now 5 weeks later, I have about 7 deep ones on my cheek and random whiteheads that leave behind scabs. I want to quit and go back to my epiduo but I already wasted so much time with Atralin. Hopefully it starts to clear up, if not, I'm with you, I can't take it anymore!
Miracle Cream!
Reviewed on November 21, 2013

I'm 19 years old and I've always had bumps/clogged pores/blackheads on my forehead and nose for as long as I can remember. It was the worst, because no matter how much make-up I'd use, it would be impossible to cover up (especially in certain lighting). It was bothering me so much that I asked my doctor to put me on birth control pills, solely for the purpose of acne. She did, and I stuck to the pills for about 10 months until I realized that my skin was getting much worse (huge painful cyst like acne on my jaw line/neck/chin/cheeks/around my mouth STILL ALSO had the bumpy skin) it was so awful and embarrassing. I just recently went to the dermatologist and was prescribed Minocycline 200mg per day and 0.025% Tretinoid cream to be applied every night. Literally, after 2 nights of using this cream my face was 99.7% clear! I put my make-up on and you couldn't even see a blemish. Now, I have been using it for almost 2 weeks, all of my dark spots from acne are fading very quickly, a couple of new zits have popped up but I'm not even mad because it's cleared up so much of what was already existing. I'm aware that there is supposed to be a "purging" period, but I am 2 weeks in and haven't experienced that yet. Very minimal flakes around my nose area. I did make the mistake of using this cream too close to my under eyes and it did burn very much when I used make-up remover in the same area. Overall my face always has a warm sensation now, not painful though. I don't remember the last time my skin has been so smooth, I could not be happier. I can't wait to see more results with this product!

Seems to help
Reviewed on November 18, 2013

I've been using this in conjunction with BenzaClin and it seems to be helping. It has helped to make the pimples I do get stay less inflamed and I've been getting much fewer cystic acne. I use it at night and it has a good texture like a cream, and no side effects like burning.

Tretinoin Review - 6 Weeks
Reviewed on November 3, 2013

I'm a 20 year old male, and I've had mild acne since I was 13. After going on antibiotics (pill and cream) in high school, my acne got somewhat better. After not being on anything for the past 2 years, in the last several months my acne flared up again, and I was getting surface spots and painful cysts. A dermatologist put me on Doryx, Benzclyn and tretinoin 0.5 cream. I saw initial improvement with the antibiotics as I was getting less inflammation. However, my skin problem has always been more about an inability to shed dead skin Let me tell you, 6 weeks after using tretinoin, my skin has never looked better and it is continually improving. I still am getting an occasional spot or two, but the texture of my skin is so much softer and spots heal much faster. This cream has cured my cystic acne. The antibiotics help with smaller spots, but tretinoin has really, really made the difference. Non-inflamed spots I've always had are going away too. I'm religious about putting this stuff on every night, applying a thin layer to my entire face. I'm looking forward to seeing continual improvement in the next few months. I also did not have any side effects besides the cream making my skin greasy after applying (went away after a week or two). Acne has always affected my self-esteem/ image, and this stuff has really helped me out. I would strongly recommend anyone with acne to use this product - it is awesome!

Have Patience
Reviewed on November 2, 2013

I'm 15 years old and having to go through really bad break outs isn't the best. Last year in my freshman year of high school I decided to ask my doctor what I could use to get rid of the acne on my fore head. He gave me a prescription for Tretinoin Gel 0.01%. This product did help me a lot. I saw results in a month so it does take time for it to work. But since I only got three small tubes (what I call it) I ran out and sadly my acne came back! As time went by I never thought of asking my doctor for the same prescription. Just a week ago I went in to talk to my doctor again because let me tell you my acne has gotten worse than it has been before. Not only do I have acne on my fore head but also all over my cheeks which is really gross to look at! Yes that's how bad it is. My doctor prescribed to me again Tretinoin Gel 0.01% and on top of that 2 other medications to take in the day. I'm really hoping to see better results in about a month & it is uncomfortable at times but you have to be very patient.

Not good for everyone.
Reviewed on October 23, 2013

I was so frustrated with acne that has plagued me for years, and thus went to the dermatologist. I was prescribed tretinoin, a minor antibiotic, and clyndamicin.gel. Tretinoin made my skin worse. Absolutely terrible. Yet, I persisted for a full three months with no improvement to my skin. And then, I stopped using tretinoin completely. My skin cleared up. Well, cleared up to the point it was at before tretinion. So, I used solely clyndamicin, which is just okay. On the contrary, this can work for some people. Stick with it for at least 2 months before you give up on it. I don't blame you if you do.