Tretinoin (Retin-A, Retisol-A) reviews

3.6/5 - 1421 reviews

Tretinoin (Retin-A, Retisol-A)

Tretinoin (0.01%), Parsol MCX (7.5%) and Parsol 1789 (2%) SPF 15.

Butylated hydroxytoluene, carbomer 934, cyclomethicone, diisopropyl adipate, glycerin, imidurea/parabens, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, light mineral oil, phenyl trimethicone, polysorbate 60, purified water USP, sodium hydroxide 10%, sorbitan monosterate, and stearyl alcohol.

12 weeks on retin a
Reviewed on May 26, 2016

I've been using Retin-A (generic brand tretinoin) for around 12 weeks now. I don't want to sound pessimistic but I don't know what to do anymore. I only really break out right smack dab between my eyes and above my eyebrows, but for the past few months I am still left with pimples and pih left over from pimples that are super stubborn and won't go away. I've become very discouraged because I thought 12 weeks was when I would see improvement, but I haven't. In need of advice and encouragement... I only use once every other day right before I go to sleep, always at least 30 minutes after I have dried my face from showering. I just can't look people in the eyes because all I can think about is them staring at the mess all around my eyes. I hope to continue retin-a but I'm scared it won't be worth it

Holy Grail but Tricky
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I recently went to my dermatologist and got a prescription for tretinoin cream from my dermatologist based off a youtube video called basic bitches guide to adult acne. One week in, I am dealing with a lot of peeling, but other than that my face has never looked better. I have no had one single breakout since I began. I also highly recommend searching her videos (especially the night time routine) if you are looking for products to battle the peeling or help with the process!

good
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

i used to take roaccutane to treat my skin, and it lasted only for 2 months as it caused severe dryness to my skin. i stopped, and changed my skincare routine. i use cetaphil cleanser and retin A at night only. give it 2 weeks and u will see a lot of difference in your skin.

miracle worker
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

I started retinA the first time round in October last year, it cleared me up completely by December/January and by feb most my hyperpigmenation was gone!! I was so confident and happy with my clear skin... STUPIDLY after I finished that first tube, my skin was so good i just assumed i didn't need to carry on with the retinA.. BIG MISTAKE. About 6 weeks ago I noticed my skin was breaking out bad... covered in tiny white bumps all over my cheeks, and some even got badly inflamed and larger. So I went to doctors and got back on my original retinaA. I started this 4 weeks ago, first week did nothing just peeled and was looking like a tomato.. week 2-4 bad initial break out- cheeks were covered in medium sized pimples :( guessing this was and is the initial purging stage. But I'm so determined to stick it through as I know this worked before, my advice to anyone is don't pick spots, stick with it even when u feel super depressed and low, I had 2/3 weeks of this :(,In the long run it will be worth it. Defiantly recommend!!! Btw I had tried so many products before this and this is the only one thats ever helped my skin. Good luck my angels x

it works
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I've been using Retin-A for 6 months. I was concerned about some mild ances, blackheads on my nose,enlarged pores and few acne scars. Retin-A has gives me perfect skin: no bumps, invisible pores, scars disappeared, even coloration. If you have these concerns, I definitely recommend using this product and be patient!

by vajane on 05/10/2016 03:50
how long did it take to see improvement?
Helped with my acne!
Reviewed on May 1, 2016

This stuff really did help reduce the size and overall redness of my spots. With that being said, cystic acne is not really affected by this stuff, and made my cystic spots worse. I only used this to spot treat. I would continue usage but I started Accutane and it is too strong for my currently thin skin. I use 0.05% or 0.10%.

MIRACLE
Reviewed on April 16, 2016

My acne was so bad and this stuff healed it after 6 weeks. No bull, like this stuff is amazing and reliable, just have to be patient.

it works, but will take a while
Reviewed on March 29, 2016

The first time I used Retin-A was over a year ago, and I remember using it for about 2 weeks and wondering why nothing was improving. However, my doctor told me to give it another shot, but to wait it out this time. I had moderate acne, mainly just the small red pumps down my T-Zone but especially on my forehead.

I started Retin-A around mid October (2015) and began peeling terribly and getting really bad acne (a sign that it is working; it has to get worse first) that peaked around early December. It was really a terrible time for me--I tried so hard to hide my acne and and didn't want to go outside or face people directly because it got so bad. But I stuck with Retin-A and by January, most of the pimples had disappeared, and I just had some darker marks left over from the acne. Now, it's almost April, and the scars have been gradually fading away.

TL;DR: Retin-A really works, but you have to be consistent with it even when the acne is getting worse.

i love it!
Reviewed on March 27, 2016

hello everyone! for the past few months I was suffering with horrible big pus-filled acne and I had try everything to cure my acne. It was such a long journey. I have never been so happy as I am now because my skin is now clear and there is only acne marks left. my routine is, on the morning I wash my face then apply benzaz ac 5 gel on my acne area. just apply it thinly. then after 30 mins, apply moisturiser. on the night, i apply retin a cream. 0.05. my skin started to clear after 1 monts of using this routine. besides, to avoid the initial purging I took doxycycline for 1 month only. I promised myself to write a review here and inspire others to be patient and wait for the result. I am so happy and grateful for what I am now. be patience because retin a is amazing. seriously, I really love it.

Decent product
Reviewed on March 6, 2016

Currently suffering from mostly acne marks, but i still have a few pimples. Am 22 now and have had acne for years, the last 4 years i've been getting a ton of leftover acne marks. My acne marks are on my lower face (cheeks/sides of mouth & under my chin) My dermatologist prescribed me Tretinoin microsphere .04% and clindamycin phosphate topical lotion 1%. Been on it for almost a month now (i use tret every other night and clind every morning), only change i've seen is my skin has gotten smoother but my acne marks are still there. I do believe they are fading but i'm not sure if its the medicine or just time. (I've had these marks for easy a year) I am also taking 500mg of Vit-C twice a day so that may be helping it as well. I do believe the clindamycin has really helped me stop breaking out, ive only got a few pimples now.

I do have a question about the Tretinoin, everyone is saying they have a 'purge' but i've been using it for almost a month and have not broken out at all (not like i have a problem with that though!) and ive only gotten peeling skin a few times. Is this normal? I'm not sure if it's working or not.. I took this stuff years ago and the first week i broke out horribly, so maybe now i just don't have as much 'junk' in my face?