Toothpaste reviews

3.8/5 - 482 reviews

Easy Go-to
Reviewed on December 8, 2014

I will first say, that if you have sensitive skin or are otherwise irritated by toothpaste, DONT DO IT! This can make your breakouts worse and cause rashes among other symptoms.

Because it's also not designed for skin, I wouldn't recommend doing this too often, even if you DON'T get a reaction the first time. Just buy an astringent wash if you need it more than a few times a week.

Word of the wise, don't apply this too close to your eyes, the minty fumes will irritate them.

Now, if you're like me, with otherwise tough skin, toothpaste is a pretty quick fixer-upper. Just a dab or two on the hot spots, leave it on a few hours (or overnight), and it'll be dried out and ready to leave. With all its drawbacks, I only give it five stars because it's so quick and almost always on hand.

h'm,, questionable...
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

First of all before you apply toothpaste please, please make sure your applying it to a pimple (acne) is actually a pimple. I thought a bump i had on my chin was a pimple but,, it wasn't and i broke out in a horrible rash (it was sore). so, it dries out skin, dry skin means even more pimples... i'm not quite sure whether it works or not though,, so i guess try it for yourself..

Dont try it!!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

Dont try using toothpaste on your acne!! It doesnt work for me and it worsened my condition. Acne grew redder and breakouts started to appearing like crazy. There isnt any shortcuts in getting an acne free skin. If there is, dont believe it!! I have been there and done that so i know! It takes time but just persists. There is no shortcuts in life, so is removing acne!!

Toothpaste worked well on acne
Reviewed on September 24, 2014

It worked well. Put only on the acne, not on the face or other part of the skin before going to bed. It dried the acne in after 2 nights.

TRY IT!
Reviewed on August 24, 2014

Worked for me :) While toothpaste has had some good ratings, you should remember that we all have our own skin types so to speak. Thus meaning that for a significant number of people, toothpaste doesn't seem to work. Go through all the 'known home remedies' and try each of them.

One important thing is to BE PATIENT, which is the hardest thing to do.

If there's one thing we all want, it is to find the perfect 'cure' that will make your skin problems go in an instant. Sadly, there isn't one. Whilst you may hear of amazing products that work like a charm, like for instance all this hype about Benzoyl Peroxide, it may not work so don't get your hopes up.

After going through an assortment of products I decided to grab the toothpaste. I was quite skeptical but it significantly reduced the redness of the pimples.

SO, basically all I did from then on was use exfoliators, ditch the make up AND USED TOOTHPASTE

Hope I helped :) XX

Not worth it
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

Toothpaste is known to dry out spots however it is probably the worst idea I have ever had. It burns your face and makes your eyes water. It's also not pleasant to take off either and is sticky and annoying. The only benefit it has is that by putting it on your face it prevents you from touching your face and picking it. Overall it's called TOOTHpaste for a reason.

Not sure.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

At first it worked. I put a little and went to sleep, it was almost gone but there was a scar. I decided to try it again but the next morning I had a rash which was horrible my skin was peeling and the skin was so hard and it made my skin look oily. I didn't dare to try it again. The chemicals hurt my skin and burnt my eyes. It's not worth it.

Awful idea
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

Don't put toothpaste on your face...that much should be obvious.

Stingy and burns
Reviewed on June 6, 2014

I've done it few times. Doesn't make much differences in acnes I'd have....

It stings, burns, and of course irritates my acne. Tooth paste usually helps with the teeth generally, not the skin. :P

Spot Treatment Only
Reviewed on May 20, 2014

Rubbing toothpaste on your skin is only going to irritate it more. Toothpaste contains a lot of ingredients that might be harmful and might burn your skin. I use it as a spot treatment for big pimples and it reduces the swelling however, if it creates too much of a burning sensation, wash immediately. Personally, it reduced the swelling size of my pimples I applied it too.

by Isabella G on 05/27/2014 01:46
my pimples became dark red.so now what should I do?