Toothpaste reviews

3.8/5 - 486 reviews

works
Reviewed on April 14, 2015

You just have to use cotton swabs to apply a "dot" on top the pimple. Just make sure that you've wash you face (pat it dry) before application. You can leave the toothpaste overnight. Not for sensitive skin.

PS. Try it at your own risk though.

For Dark marks left by the dried acne. Try using lemon or calamansi juice. Apply as if you would an astringent. Leave it for 10-15mins. Wash it off then apply moisturizer :)

only for use on the big pimples
Reviewed on April 5, 2015

i only use this on the bigger pimples, it just makes it go away faster.

Depends
Reviewed on February 24, 2015

If your skin is oily as f**k like mine, the over drying and irritation is not much of an issue. Granted, I find that most people do not have extremely oily skin like I do, so be careful.

I also think that Its not just the kind of skin you have that should be taken into consideration, but also the type of acne that you have. I do not use it for pimples that are near the surface and will most likely get cleansed. I use it for the breakouts that are much deeper underneath the skin, and don't seem to want to come to the surface and heal. Drying out the skin of this kind of acne helps speed the process.

by davidsanjuan on 02/25/2015 04:42
so is it effective or not? i also have oily face like you.
Worth the try!
Reviewed on February 14, 2015

This treatment is debatable; it works for some but not for others. But it doesn't hurt to try it out. I would say this is more of a spot treatment, a quick overnight rescue me type of product. I wouldn't recommend this to those with sensitive skin. It definitely has a stinging sensation after application, but naturally I assume it means it's working and it's not an overly strong feeling which causes burns.

Recommend applying the toothpaste in very small amounts - almost pea-sized. And on very noticeable pimples only. I've found it minimizes the size overnight and reduces the redness.

Easy Go-to
Reviewed on December 8, 2014

I will first say, that if you have sensitive skin or are otherwise irritated by toothpaste, DONT DO IT! This can make your breakouts worse and cause rashes among other symptoms.

Because it's also not designed for skin, I wouldn't recommend doing this too often, even if you DON'T get a reaction the first time. Just buy an astringent wash if you need it more than a few times a week.

Word of the wise, don't apply this too close to your eyes, the minty fumes will irritate them.

Now, if you're like me, with otherwise tough skin, toothpaste is a pretty quick fixer-upper. Just a dab or two on the hot spots, leave it on a few hours (or overnight), and it'll be dried out and ready to leave. With all its drawbacks, I only give it five stars because it's so quick and almost always on hand.

h'm,, questionable...
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

First of all before you apply toothpaste please, please make sure your applying it to a pimple (acne) is actually a pimple. I thought a bump i had on my chin was a pimple but,, it wasn't and i broke out in a horrible rash (it was sore). so, it dries out skin, dry skin means even more pimples... i'm not quite sure whether it works or not though,, so i guess try it for yourself..

Dont try it!!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

Dont try using toothpaste on your acne!! It doesnt work for me and it worsened my condition. Acne grew redder and breakouts started to appearing like crazy. There isnt any shortcuts in getting an acne free skin. If there is, dont believe it!! I have been there and done that so i know! It takes time but just persists. There is no shortcuts in life, so is removing acne!!

Toothpaste worked well on acne
Reviewed on September 24, 2014

It worked well. Put only on the acne, not on the face or other part of the skin before going to bed. It dried the acne in after 2 nights.

TRY IT!
Reviewed on August 24, 2014

Worked for me :) While toothpaste has had some good ratings, you should remember that we all have our own skin types so to speak. Thus meaning that for a significant number of people, toothpaste doesn't seem to work. Go through all the 'known home remedies' and try each of them.

One important thing is to BE PATIENT, which is the hardest thing to do.

If there's one thing we all want, it is to find the perfect 'cure' that will make your skin problems go in an instant. Sadly, there isn't one. Whilst you may hear of amazing products that work like a charm, like for instance all this hype about Benzoyl Peroxide, it may not work so don't get your hopes up.

After going through an assortment of products I decided to grab the toothpaste. I was quite skeptical but it significantly reduced the redness of the pimples.

SO, basically all I did from then on was use exfoliators, ditch the make up AND USED TOOTHPASTE

Hope I helped :) XX

Not worth it
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

Toothpaste is known to dry out spots however it is probably the worst idea I have ever had. It burns your face and makes your eyes water. It's also not pleasant to take off either and is sticky and annoying. The only benefit it has is that by putting it on your face it prevents you from touching your face and picking it. Overall it's called TOOTHpaste for a reason.