The Clean Towel Method reviews

4.8/5 - 4 reviews

Yes, this works!
Reviewed on January 30, 2014

I started doing this about 6 months ago and I have seen a real improvment in my acne. It might sound crazy but I actually use 3 towels when I get out of the shower lol 1 for my face, 1 for my body and 1 for my hair. The key is having a designated "face towel" that you DONT wipe your hands, hair, or other body parts on, which would put unwanted oil on it. I also switch my pillow cases every 3 days. All this might seem like a pain in the butt, but it really is worth it for me.

Reviewed on August 28, 2011

I have experimented with changing pillow cases and using a new face cloth or towel every day when I wash my face.

I can say with out a doubt, when I don't use clean towels and don't wash my pillow case- or don't cover my pillow with a clean towel- I break out more!

It makes so much sense. Like the other reviewers said, there is so much bacteria festering on our pillows and towels. Ask a dermatologist and they will recommend the same. It is a huge help.

by lamisdeatu on 02/17/2014 02:55
Skin will change if you change your pillow or living room environment.
Reviewed on November 29, 2010

Instead of using a clean towel, I change my pillow case every night. I started doing this because of allergies, but it helps with acne too. Every day skin cells, bacteria, allergens, etc are building up on your pillow. Just change the pillow case or towel or a big t-shirt on it and it makes a huge difference! Instead of waking up all puffy eyed and exhausted, my eyes are clear and I feel much better. When we get a new bed set, we just save the old mismatched pillow cases and I throw them in the washer and dryer during laundry. I even usually go a step further and have cheap fleece blankets that I use for near my face. It doesn't matter what's from my waist down (I keep a heavier comforter on my torso and legs), but I keep a fresh blanket near my face so I'm not rubbing it in a dirty blanket.

Reviewed on November 10, 2010

I was inspired to try this method thanks to this Reddit post:

[link removed] the Towel Method entails laying a freshly-washed towel over your pillow each and every night. The theory is this: we sleep on our pillows night after night. The pillows soak up the oil from our hair and our face. Bits of skin and bacteria begin to coat the pillowcase.

Ew! Right? We're SLEEPING on that! We basically stick our faces in that microscopic crap every night. (And when was the last time you changed your pillowcase, by the way? Yeah. Think about it!)

So, with the Towel Method, the goal is to avoid smushing your face up against a pillowfull of oil, dead skin, and bacteria every night. A fresh towel each night helps to eliminate your exposure to the above acne triggers.

I've been doing it for a week, and even though I'm close to my period (which is a BAD time for zits), I'm not getting any new pimples at all.

Yay!

This is one of those treatments where you've seriously got nothing to lose...except the price of 7 clean towels (assuming you do weekly laundry). But you may very well already own 7 towels, right?