The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion reviews

3.3/5 - 3 reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Polyisobutene, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Laureth-4, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

Not too bad
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

It does dry up spots nicely and clears up current breakouts, but unfortunately it does nothing for preventing breakouts, it's a nice moisturiser though and it doesn't make my skin oily.

No results
Reviewed on July 3, 2014

I tried this for a few weeks. It was a nice moisturizer and didn't irritate my skin, but it didn't clear up my acne. If you have very mild acne this might be worth a shot, but it just didn't work for me.

Very effective
Reviewed on June 23, 2014

This is really great. Initially, I got it with the Tea Tree Oil facial regimen set from The Body Shop, but I soon realized that this is the best product from the kit. I switched back to my basic facial wash and moisturizer (Simple brand facial wash, by the way, cleans without drying, irritating, or doing anything else to my skin and Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL) and used this nightly. My moderate-sever acne cleared up in a couple of weeks. Now I use this product whenever I have a breakout or when I feel one developing. It literally clears my face up overnight without that dry, itchy feeling. For me, it's hands down the best overall acne treatment I've tried. (I've tried otc topical creams and washes, I've tried prescription creams, gels and oral treatments, and I've tried all the home remedies under the sun.)

I would recommend it to anyone with mild to moderate acne. It does have a really strong smell, so I don't use it during the day. Also, definitely avoid the eye area and open cuts because it will sting.

by hufsaa on 06/23/2014 04:20
It also comes in a travel-sized tube. I'd recommend getting that and seeing how it works for you before getting the full-sized one.