The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash reviews

3.3/5 - 29 reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Panthenol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), p-Anisic Acid (pH Modifier), Benzophenone-4 (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil/Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake (Colorant), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colour).

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash Regular, 8.4-Fluid Ounce
updated: 10/25/2014 06:16 UTC

haven't been using it long but it seems to be working
Reviewed on October 12, 2014

I've only been using this product for 3 days but, so far, it is clearing the breakout I have right now. Prior to this I was using Dr Bronners tea tree oil soap which was working, but I decided I needed a change as it was becoming less effective. It is quite drying but I have very oily skin so I don't mind. I will update after 2 weeks.

I wanted it to work more than anything.
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I was at a local Body Shop when I saw the 3-step set including this facial wash. I'm 15. I have oily, acne-prone skin and read so many good reviews on the tea tree oil line. It was pretty pricey and I've using it for about two months. I wanted it to work so badly as I've spent hundreds already on acne skincare when none have worked. It hasn't worked and I have more acne and acne scars than ever before.

Doesn't work for me.
Reviewed on March 22, 2014

I've been using this product for almost 4 months now. I was having little pimples on my face so I decided to get it. The first time I used it, I thought it smelt really nasty. plus it made parts of my face red and burn a little. Although eventually it cleared the pimples, my face ends up really dry with little patches so I always have to use moisturizer when i'm done. I hate that it dries my face out but for some reason, it makes my skin clearer and that's why I'm hooked to the product.

I really wouldn't recommend this product especially if you have normal skin because it would get really dry and leave patches.

Great face wash. Got me clear!
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

I bought the whole kit for 20 bucks. Included the wash, toner, lotion, and oil for spot treatment. My skin never got over dried as well as it smelled and felt clean. It's been 3 months and I'm clear! Skin still has marks but they're fading. Best purchase I've made so far for helping my acne.

didn't clear my ance but was a good gentle cleanser
Reviewed on February 3, 2014

The Tea Tree from the body shop isn't for acne. This product didn't work at all. It cleaned but didn't clear. Sometimes made my face red. I would recommend this product to people that don't have acne.

may work for some but not me
Reviewed on November 8, 2013

First off I hear great things about this wash so that alone motivated me to spend 30 bucks on the kit. I tried it and my face broke out horrible! I'm used to maybe 5 pimples a month I was so sad because I really wanted this wash to work, it makes my skin feel soo soft afterwards and the smell fades after a few minute. so that was months ago and I just tried it again thinking maybe my skin just needs to get used to it.. nope horrible breakouts everywhere . this stuff just isn't for me.

tea tree made it worse
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I've used this product for a year it worked at clearing the oil from my skin but has left my skin with more acne and dry skin that flakes off. Its a very expensive wash and I suspect the toner doesn't work :I also a few hours later my skin became oily in the t zone

Its nice, but not worth the price
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

I use the foaming face wash with tea tree oil. It does not help with existing breakouts but it does prevent skin from getting any worse. However for the price it costs, i don't think that it is worth getting it :(

Reviewed on April 23, 2013

I prefer the natural and pure variation in bar format than this stuff. This product just wasn't for me. Try it if you think It might work for you, but I'm staying away from this.