The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash reviews

3.2/5 - 41 reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Panthenol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), p-Anisic Acid (pH Modifier), Benzophenone-4 (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil/Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake (Colorant), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colour).

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash Regular, 8.4-Fluid Ounce
updated: 06/07/2017 09:54 UTC

Mark product as reinstated

Extremely harsh for sentive skin!!!
Reviewed on June 4, 2017

So I used this a half year and i thought it would be good for my acne. I didn't even know that my skin is sensitive and that the cleanser should not let your skin look red and irritated. So it literally made my acne sooo bad that even a year later I had to suffer from the red scars that this product left. This cleanser was way too harsh for my skin and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin!!!

Good stuff
Reviewed on October 23, 2016

I use twice a day and I like the tea tree fragrance so fresh. Make my face very clean but not feel drying. My acne so calm.

Natural Solution
Reviewed on August 16, 2016

After going on Epiduo, my skin is very sensitive now and does not react well to many harsh cleansers. This one is very gentle on my skin and keeps it clean without drying it out. I love the smell, but it's not for everyone. I find that this cleanser makes my skin feel more clean and fresh if I leave it on my skin a bit longer before rinsing off (ie. 5 mins). It helps the skin feel clean and can reduce spots; however, it does not drastically clear the face of acne.

yuck
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

didnt like the smell of this product at all. have found something better(Neutrogena skin clearing range) to combat my occasional zits. and before i forget, i dislike the watery consistency too! argh!

tea tree
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

this tea tree cleanser didnt work for me..sad i really hope it would work because i bought the body shop tea tree toner and it works and i like the smell

Didn't work.
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

In fact it dried out my skin so badly. I love the tea tree line but this product just didn't do it for me.

amazing
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

I have moderate to severe acne and it's terrible. I was worried about trying this facial wash since its made of natural ingredients (im used to using chemicals and stuff) but it works surprisingly well! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin, since it WILL dry out your face, but it's perfect for oily skin like mine. I use it with my Clarisonic MIA and it helps to clean the brush too, since tea tree oil is antibacterial. It doesn't smell great, but it becomes unnoticeable after using a bit. I had terrible acne and it cleared up a lot, but once I switched to a Clean & Clear face wash when this ran out, I broke out all over again! However, do NOT buy the toner. I have thick skin that is far from sensitive, but it causes terrible burns and stings (that aren't even on open pimples!) and it smells awful. Overall, I love this product!

Works well without being too drying
Reviewed on March 9, 2015

Keeps my skin clear but Doesn't stop breakouts due to stress/ hormones. Smells good and Doesn't dry the skin out too much.

Worst face wash i ve eva used!
Reviewed on February 9, 2015

I dont ever write reviews n this is the first time m doin it!I ran out of my regular face wash n as it was out of stock i ordered this crappp!i hav an oily acne prone skin but my skin was almost clear.I hardly used this product for a week n broke out like crazyyyy!!its been about a month now n i still hav those ugly cystic acne all over my face!I will never ever recommend this product to any one!

by HopingForClearSkin on 06/04/2017 15:16
Omg I had exactly same experience with this
Best acne-fighting product i have came across yet
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

I understand it works differently for anyone, i have an extremely sensitive acne-prone combination skin (oily t-zone, dry forehead and cheeks). I have bought body shop tea tree set of wash+toner+lotion and this trio works magic. I have had especially bad acne from 14-18y.o., now I am 23 and i still get pimples very often, i have tried many products including high-end ones that end up costing 10 times as much and this is THE BEST i have tried. I use kiehl's "Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser", after body shop TT face wash, toner and lotion, and then go to bed. And i kid you not I could see the result already after the first day, it soothes all kinds of skin inflammation and redness including pimples without drying the skin out. First time, i used it before going to bed and when i woke up i couldn't believe how much redness was gone. I cannot tell anything about using this product only, but the combination of 3 is just awesome. I rarely write reviews but this one deserves it.