The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash reviews

3.3/5 - 35 reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Panthenol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), p-Anisic Acid (pH Modifier), Benzophenone-4 (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil/Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake (Colorant), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colour).

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash Regular, 8.4-Fluid Ounce
updated: 08/31/2015 18:38 UTC

Mark product as reinstated

amazing
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

I have moderate to severe acne and it's terrible. I was worried about trying this facial wash since its made of natural ingredients (im used to using chemicals and stuff) but it works surprisingly well! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin, since it WILL dry out your face, but it's perfect for oily skin like mine. I use it with my Clarisonic MIA and it helps to clean the brush too, since tea tree oil is antibacterial. It doesn't smell great, but it becomes unnoticeable after using a bit. I had terrible acne and it cleared up a lot, but once I switched to a Clean & Clear face wash when this ran out, I broke out all over again! However, do NOT buy the toner. I have thick skin that is far from sensitive, but it causes terrible burns and stings (that aren't even on open pimples!) and it smells awful. Overall, I love this product!

Works well without being too drying
Reviewed on March 9, 2015

Keeps my skin clear but Doesn't stop breakouts due to stress/ hormones. Smells good and Doesn't dry the skin out too much.

Worst face wash i ve eva used!
Reviewed on February 9, 2015

I dont ever write reviews n this is the first time m doin it!I ran out of my regular face wash n as it was out of stock i ordered this crappp!i hav an oily acne prone skin but my skin was almost clear.I hardly used this product for a week n broke out like crazyyyy!!its been about a month now n i still hav those ugly cystic acne all over my face!I will never ever recommend this product to any one!

Best acne-fighting product i have came across yet
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

I understand it works differently for anyone, i have an extremely sensitive acne-prone combination skin (oily t-zone, dry forehead and cheeks). I have bought body shop tea tree set of wash+toner+lotion and this trio works magic. I have had especially bad acne from 14-18y.o., now I am 23 and i still get pimples very often, i have tried many products including high-end ones that end up costing 10 times as much and this is THE BEST i have tried. I use kiehl's "Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser", after body shop TT face wash, toner and lotion, and then go to bed. And i kid you not I could see the result already after the first day, it soothes all kinds of skin inflammation and redness including pimples without drying the skin out. First time, i used it before going to bed and when i woke up i couldn't believe how much redness was gone. I cannot tell anything about using this product only, but the combination of 3 is just awesome. I rarely write reviews but this one deserves it.

Best skin clearing product I've ever bought.
Reviewed on December 31, 2014

I have had acne since I was about 9, and so the last 8 years of my life I had been looking for something that would clear up my skin, such as proactiv, clean and clear, neutrogena, Vichy, and much more. Nothing seemed to work for me, and over the years my acne just got worse and worse. I have extremely oily skin, but everything that I used just dried my skin out so much it would peel, even with moisturizer. I bought the Tea Tree wash, toner, and skin clearing lotion (like the 3 step process from proactiv) and almost instantly my skin started getting better. I eventually got the night blemish fade lotion, face mask, bb cream, pore minimizer, and scrub and I can tell you that everything works amazing. It doesn't dry out my skin at all because of the lightweight mositurizer. I alternate between the scrub and the wash, tone my face, and in the morning I use the normal lotion and at night I use the blemish fade. Personally when I wear makeup (which isn't often) I notice my face breaks out more than normal because of clogged pores, but with the tea tree bb cream it has good coverage and doesn't affect my skin! The prices are slightly high, but the 3 step process is cheaper than proactiv and it lasts about 3 months if you use them twice a day. The mask lasts forever, considering it is a fairly big container and I use it once or twice a week. No, it obviously didn't make my acne disappear, but within the last 2 months it has worked better than anything I have ever tried before. My skin is smoother, cleaner, and less red. I was reccomended these products from a friend with sensitive combination skin, and she has been using the same thing for 2 years now and still is obsessed with it. Amazing line, will definitely be buying again and would reccomend the entire line of tea tree products to anyone with oily, combination, dry, or acne prone skin, especially people with cistic acne.

Reviewed on December 21, 2014

I had a clear face.. after using this for a week i have so many acne on my face and the marks don't seem to fade now :'( .. I regret spending so much money for this and in turn get lots of ache on my face ..

by SiriBai on 01/15/2015 03:14
Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it?
haven't been using it long but it seems to be working
Reviewed on October 12, 2014

I've only been using this product for 3 days but, so far, it is clearing the breakout I have right now. Prior to this I was using Dr Bronners tea tree oil soap which was working, but I decided I needed a change as it was becoming less effective. It is quite drying but I have very oily skin so I don't mind. I will update after 2 weeks.

I wanted it to work more than anything.
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I was at a local Body Shop when I saw the 3-step set including this facial wash. I'm 15. I have oily, acne-prone skin and read so many good reviews on the tea tree oil line. It was pretty pricey and I've using it for about two months. I wanted it to work so badly as I've spent hundreds already on acne skincare when none have worked. It hasn't worked and I have more acne and acne scars than ever before.

Doesn't work for me.
Reviewed on March 22, 2014

I've been using this product for almost 4 months now. I was having little pimples on my face so I decided to get it. The first time I used it, I thought it smelt really nasty. plus it made parts of my face red and burn a little. Although eventually it cleared the pimples, my face ends up really dry with little patches so I always have to use moisturizer when i'm done. I hate that it dries my face out but for some reason, it makes my skin clearer and that's why I'm hooked to the product.

I really wouldn't recommend this product especially if you have normal skin because it would get really dry and leave patches.

Great face wash. Got me clear!
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

I bought the whole kit for 20 bucks. Included the wash, toner, lotion, and oil for spot treatment. My skin never got over dried as well as it smelled and felt clean. It's been 3 months and I'm clear! Skin still has marks but they're fading. Best purchase I've made so far for helping my acne.