The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base reviews

4.4/5 - 5 reviews

Brand: The Body Shop

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Lauryl Alcohol, PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

The Body Shop All In One Face Base, Shade 06
updated: 09/18/2014 17:47 UTC
The Body Shop All In One Face Base, Shade 04
updated: 09/18/2014 17:47 UTC

The Body Shop Pressed Powder
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

Check out the review on my website: The Body Shop Pressed Powder on my website [link removed]

I like to try on different cosmetics, this time I am reviewing about the Body Shop Pressed powder compact. This is the second compact pressed powder I am reviewing, first being the Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Actually this one, I got it for my mom and so I thought I should try it on too and post the review..:)

Anyway, coming to the point without talking too much about myself but the Body shop Pressed powder. What the company claims? The Body Shop pressed powder gives ultra fine finish giving you a matte look and hence avoids the shine on your face. It can be used over the foundation as a finishing touch or directly onto the skin. My say on the product As the company promises, the Body Shop pressed powder is definitely ultra fine. It won't at all make you look too much layered up. The Body Shop pressed powder is so thin that you won't even realize that you are actually wearing it.

It is very right that you can wear it over the foundation as well directly on the skin, however, I have a dry skin, so I felt that the direct application on the skin makes your skin over dry and gives you cakey look, though my mom has a combinational skin and she doesn't feel the way I, so I guess the Body shop pressed powder is not that apt for the dry skin beauties. I got the Body shop pressed powder in shade 04. It is available in 6 different shades so choose one according to your skin color.

The texture of the Body Shop pressed powder is super fine, and it blends with the skin very easily(if you don't have dry skin), thus giving you ultra smooth finish as is claimed by the company. It comes in a black base round case with a mirror finish top, I personally didn't like the packaging much.

It has mirror inside so as to use it anywhere any time. The body shop pressed powder is a little towards higher end. It comes at a price of Rs 1295.

Highs:

very handy

mirror inside

smooth texture blends easily can be used over foundation as well on skin

good for combinational skin and oil skin beauties

long lasting

avoids the shine on face which you tend to get in summers

available in 6 different shades

Lows:

Way to pricey

not good for dry skin beauties as you might end up looking cakey.

My say on it Overall the Body shop pressed powder is a nice buy for combinational and oily skin beauties.

I would rate it as 3.5/5

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I generally use Loreal Minerals foundation or Garnier's BB Cream. I change with the two depending on how I feel whether to wear liquid or powder. But I've always been using Bodyshop's All in One Compact Powder as a touch up concealer. Even when I'm not wearing full foundation outdoors. What I do, is use the tip of a cotton bud, rub it in the powder, and use it to conceal red spots and discolouration. I find it is also ideal to cover my dark circles under my eye. In the evening, if my skin looks a bit shiny whether wearing foundation or not, I use this powder to gently dab on around my face. This is also ideal for photo times to give that mattified look.

Reviewed on May 4, 2011

I changed to this when I started the regimen as discovered other make-up wasn't non-comodogenic. I'll keep using this as it seems a great combination with the regimen. I use lightest shade and it covers well. I also use the body shop stick concealer which has zinc in it.

i buy disposable sponges to use with it and change them every 2-3 days.

Reviewed on November 13, 2010

I actually bought this based on the one other review on this site. I was in desperate need of a new makeup that wouldn't look cakey or break me out. I like the idea of a compact powder foundation for a quicker, one-step foundation process. This foundation offers good, buildable coverage and is oil-absorbing. If you do have any dry areas of skin they will look even worse under this make-up, but if your skin is oily this is probably a good choice. Also, if you apply this too heavily then it will look pretty cakey but that goes without saying. Luckily one of the few colors (like 5-6 shades) this comes in matches my skin tone. Overall I like this product.

Reviewed on July 30, 2010

Not many people know this, but aside from using the sponge or the brush you can also use a wet sponge. With this you will get a slightly darker colour (perfect for if you have darkened during the summer) it goes on smoothly when wet (just make sure the sponge isn't too wet) and you'll have flawless skin all day.

I love this product, I have been using it for years and it has not made me break out. If it does, you can return it.