Page 4 of Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Reviewed on March 26, 2012

I was put on this after trying multiple topical treatments without much improvement.

After a few months I noticed an improvement in the acne on my back, but I'm not sure if it was due to the lymecycline or not as I'd only developed the spots on my back a couple of months before starting it (compared to the 4 years+ of the facial acne) so they might have cleared up on their own.

I gave this plenty of time to work, but it never really cleared my skin, which was pretty disappointing as I took it religiously every day.

When I came off this, however, my acne got quite a lot worse, which makes me think it's a 'rebound' effect.

Reviewed on February 16, 2012

Worth trying, as there were no bad side effects so you may aswell try, but the improvement is only small

Reviewed on February 4, 2012

Bottom line? My struggle isn't over but since taking this I have more clear days than I have ever done before and I guess one clear day can make all the difference.

I was put on Tetralysal for two months, I saw about a 30% general improvement, and my back cleared completely. However, once I stopped my back flared up the worst it had ever been.

The acne on my face has generally improved but have had one terrible breakout since I stopped taking them in November 2011. I also had an awful breakout during the last month of treatment. The kind of breakouts that take 3-4 weeks to clear up.

I am back on them now for 4 months this time. My dermatologist hopes there will be a better improvement with the longer treatment.

One month in so far. No severe appetite loss like last time (I dropped two dress sizes as a result). Skin is less prone to breakouts, generally feels easier to control, but spots are still there.

I was disappointed with my first treatment but did get SOME results. I'd recommend this if you have only treated with topical creams so far. I feel like Lymecycline helps you gain a little bit more control over your acne and can offer a slight improvement.

Reviewed on January 5, 2012

This was great, I mean fantastic for me. There were no side effects, it was just the problem after about 5 months and they stopped working.

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

I had acne since puberty and at that time my parents took me to the derm who kept prescribing topicals for me. After being fed up with dotors, I have decided to visit a GP. He recommended oral antibiotic lymecycyline. After 3 months of breaking up, my skin started to improve A LOT. When I got the occasional zit, it healed itself in a matter of about 2 days. I continued to take it for another 3 months and then stopped because of eye problems. My face continued to improve, it never looked better. However, after half a year I started to break out badly again. (I'm 21 now by the way).

Now, I have decided to go to the GP and maybe ask for Retin-A + antibiotic. I have read so many reviews saying tretinoids help for skin looking clear in a long run, which is what I am looking for. I really want my face to look and feel great again!

Reviewed on December 21, 2011

Great for moderate acne.

Take consistently, do not take a break in between treatments!

They definitely work, however I'm worried I've become immune to them :-(

Be patient with them!

Reviewed on November 6, 2011

(First of all, sorry for my English, i'm French!)

My dermatologist prescribed me Tetralysal because I had light/moderate acne. During the first weeks, I started to break out in HUGE pimples, and in places that I never broke out before. After the 3 months, my skin was the same as it was before the treatment. No amelioration. But, a few days after the end of Tetralysal, I started to break out. And weeks after weeks, my acne started to become really bad.

Now I have cystic acne all over my cheeks, my jawline and my chin, so yeah my acne is pretty severe. I feel disgusting, you just can't feel beautiful with all that stuff on your face. And everybody look at you "ewwww, what's that ?! Maybe you don't wash your face ?"

now i wash my face with natural soap (in France, it's called "Savon d'Alep"), then in the evening I apply tomatoe juice (astringeant, good for scars - because lemon didn't work). In the morning, I wash my face with the soap and moisturize. I still have severe acne but it's getting better.

Reviewed on November 1, 2011

It really worked especially on the subcutaneous cysts and nodules. I didn't expect it to work within three weeks, as by the time I had finished the 56 capsules (which I took 2 a day in the evenings) my skin, although badly pigmented and with scars, was no longer producing new cysts or nodules. It tasted horrible, and wasn't always easy to swallow, but it was very effective.

Reviewed on August 28, 2011

I have been using this antibiotic for 3 months. I haven't seen any improvement with my acne. I use it in conjunction with Skinoren topical cream. I feel that by now, after 3 months, this antibiotic should have worked to some degree, and there should be an improvement, but I regret that there is not. My acne has definately changed though. I used to get spots on my t-zone; forehead, chin and nose area, and now those areas are relatively clear, but I am suffering really badly on my cheeks. I don't know what the reason for this is. I am not happy with the results of this product, and I am going to stop taking this antibiotic. Now I have to start all over again and try to find another product that will hopefully clear my acne :(

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

A few years ago i had mild acne and decided to visit my local doctor. She prescribed me this product and when i started using it for 2 months my face was completely clear and smooth. I then went back to my doctor for a check up to see what the condition of my skin was. We both made an agreement that i should stop taking the antibiotics as my skin was flawless. About 2 months after i stopped taking the antibiotics i started to get a few pimples. I thought it was just something mild and didn't take much notice then, as time passed, it got worse and worse and worse. i couldn't stand it anymore so i visited my doctor again and she put me back on them. I have now been on them for 4 months and they SHOULD be working by now? can you become immune to these antibiotics?! i fear that my skin won't become clear again.... :( i have also been using retin A and i've been on that for 3 weeks AND STILL NO IMPROVEMENT. all i want is clear soft skin! is that much to ask?