Page 4 of Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.1/5 - 40 reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Reviewed on November 6, 2011

(First of all, sorry for my English, i'm French!)

My dermatologist prescribed me Tetralysal because I had light/moderate acne. During the first weeks, I started to break out in HUGE pimples, and in places that I never broke out before. After the 3 months, my skin was the same as it was before the treatment. No amelioration. But, a few days after the end of Tetralysal, I started to break out. And weeks after weeks, my acne started to become really bad.

Now I have cystic acne all over my cheeks, my jawline and my chin, so yeah my acne is pretty severe. I feel disgusting, you just can't feel beautiful with all that stuff on your face. And everybody look at you "ewwww, what's that ?! Maybe you don't wash your face ?"

now i wash my face with natural soap (in France, it's called "Savon d'Alep"), then in the evening I apply tomatoe juice (astringeant, good for scars - because lemon didn't work). In the morning, I wash my face with the soap and moisturize. I still have severe acne but it's getting better.

Reviewed on November 1, 2011

It really worked especially on the subcutaneous cysts and nodules. I didn't expect it to work within three weeks, as by the time I had finished the 56 capsules (which I took 2 a day in the evenings) my skin, although badly pigmented and with scars, was no longer producing new cysts or nodules. It tasted horrible, and wasn't always easy to swallow, but it was very effective.

Reviewed on August 28, 2011

I have been using this antibiotic for 3 months. I haven't seen any improvement with my acne. I use it in conjunction with Skinoren topical cream. I feel that by now, after 3 months, this antibiotic should have worked to some degree, and there should be an improvement, but I regret that there is not. My acne has definately changed though. I used to get spots on my t-zone; forehead, chin and nose area, and now those areas are relatively clear, but I am suffering really badly on my cheeks. I don't know what the reason for this is. I am not happy with the results of this product, and I am going to stop taking this antibiotic. Now I have to start all over again and try to find another product that will hopefully clear my acne :(

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

A few years ago i had mild acne and decided to visit my local doctor. She prescribed me this product and when i started using it for 2 months my face was completely clear and smooth. I then went back to my doctor for a check up to see what the condition of my skin was. We both made an agreement that i should stop taking the antibiotics as my skin was flawless. About 2 months after i stopped taking the antibiotics i started to get a few pimples. I thought it was just something mild and didn't take much notice then, as time passed, it got worse and worse and worse. i couldn't stand it anymore so i visited my doctor again and she put me back on them. I have now been on them for 4 months and they SHOULD be working by now? can you become immune to these antibiotics?! i fear that my skin won't become clear again.... :( i have also been using retin A and i've been on that for 3 weeks AND STILL NO IMPROVEMENT. all i want is clear soft skin! is that much to ask?

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

It didn't reduce my acne that much although it helped a little with the redness.

I think it depends on the person really, and I was very patient and religously took it every morning at the same time. I don't think it was the antibiotic for me and tomorrow I'm about to start Dianette which is also a contraception drug.

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

this was the 1st box of antibiotics i used and its pretty good! probably started seeing the effects after a week and it improved after long use. after using it for atleast a year, my skin was almost clear, though i would still have a few odd spots here and there. But i would definitely recommend this product. My brother also used this for probably a year and his skin is completely flawless!he hasn't been taking the antibiotics for a few years now and he's still going strong! so yeah, give this a try!

Reviewed on May 25, 2011

I've used it for about 2-3 months now and have seen differences in a good way however it will not heal your acne fully but it will make it like 50% better. If i use this for another 3-4 months my acne might be better but that is a long time to wait.

I am soon going to seee a dermatologist and going to take something stronger and more effective and you should do the same if you want to see results fast.

I do recommend it but only if you have light acne.

Reviewed on May 5, 2011

I had moderate acne and damaged skin because of picking spots. After a month my skin is clear and the pigmentation is fading away.

What I also do is this:

take a capsule, open it and mix the substance with Vitamin E cream in a small container. Put on spots only when you see them coming. That helps me with the pain, redness and make them heal faster, they just dry out.

If you have very oily skin use Salicylic Spirit instead of cream. You can also use Tetracycline capsules.

Have a break every 2-3 months, because the skin becomes resistant.

During the breaks use Differin at night - it helps a lot with blackheads but take a month or two to work and the first two weeks it makes acne worse.

If you don't want to use Differing, you can use Skinoren (Azeliac Acid) during the day. Itches a bit but works very well for some people.

Note: If have dry/very dry skin none of these is recommended. You're skin will start cracking and peeling. Only use on bad painful spots!

Reviewed on April 13, 2011

I'm 26 and have had moderate acne on and off since I was 12. I mostly get cysts on my chin and jawline and occasionally forehead, but about 4 months ago my back started to break out too.

I've tried just about all over the counter acne treatments and none worked, as well as trying benzyl peroxide, and topical antibiotics with very little improvement.

Lymecycline has vastly improved my back acne and I now only have one or two spots on my chin. It means taking a capsule every day, but it's a small price to pay for being almost spot-free.

It takes about 3-4 months to work, so don't give up if you don't notice an improvement straight away. Also, you can use topical treatments with it to improve the efficacy further.

I've also been told that it's a long-term treatment and that if you come off them, you are likely to have an acne relapse, so I'm planning to stay on them for the foreseeable future.

Reviewed on February 19, 2011

I haven't taken pills for acne before, but my doctor gave me this to try in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide 2.5. My acne has definately got better already, but obviously doesn't help with scars. I have noticed my skin had become very dry, and so has my hair, and also it can upset your stomach until you get used to it. but overall, good thing to try for first medication.