Page 3 of Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.1/5 - 41 reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

It was okay. I guess I was happy that it took some of my pimples away but it definitely does not clear up your face all the way. Also the stomach pain was a real harsh moment. :(

Reviewed on June 18, 2012

So far has worked well clearing my spots up and preventing them!

Reviewed on June 4, 2012

I was prescribed these antibiotics in April for 3months (times nearly up) when my acne was very red and looked like a rash across my forehead, my temples and scattered around my chin area.

Since taking these anti biotics I have noticed a major difference in my most severe area being the forehead. Later on my temples and chin area too.

I have stopped severly breaking out, where nowhere near as many spots appear and are nowhere near as painful and tender.

I am still getting a few which sometimes appear as non-red bumps but also some appear as very large under the skin bumps that stay in my skin for weeks.

I would advize anybody with spots at all to ask for these anti biotics from your doctor as they have majorly decreased my breakouts.

Reviewed on June 1, 2012

My GP precribed this for me as well as duac i used them both for at lest 9 months and no i have flawless skin not a single spot on my face just a few blemishes thats all.

I really recommed to go to a GP but research the product wisely before you take what the doctor give you!

Reviewed on April 6, 2012

I have always suffered on and off with mild acne on my upper and lower back i just wana find something to keep it at bay!

I find if iv been on holiday and got a tan it goes completely and when taking dianette it went completely with the odd normal papule

Tetralysal have had the same effect as the above but i do not want to swap bad skin for stained teeth so as my acne if mild to moderate i will seek an alternative.

Reviewed on March 26, 2012

I was put on this after trying multiple topical treatments without much improvement.

After a few months I noticed an improvement in the acne on my back, but I'm not sure if it was due to the lymecycline or not as I'd only developed the spots on my back a couple of months before starting it (compared to the 4 years+ of the facial acne) so they might have cleared up on their own.

I gave this plenty of time to work, but it never really cleared my skin, which was pretty disappointing as I took it religiously every day.

When I came off this, however, my acne got quite a lot worse, which makes me think it's a 'rebound' effect.

Reviewed on February 16, 2012

Worth trying, as there were no bad side effects so you may aswell try, but the improvement is only small

Reviewed on February 4, 2012

Bottom line? My struggle isn't over but since taking this I have more clear days than I have ever done before and I guess one clear day can make all the difference.

I was put on Tetralysal for two months, I saw about a 30% general improvement, and my back cleared completely. However, once I stopped my back flared up the worst it had ever been.

The acne on my face has generally improved but have had one terrible breakout since I stopped taking them in November 2011. I also had an awful breakout during the last month of treatment. The kind of breakouts that take 3-4 weeks to clear up.

I am back on them now for 4 months this time. My dermatologist hopes there will be a better improvement with the longer treatment.

One month in so far. No severe appetite loss like last time (I dropped two dress sizes as a result). Skin is less prone to breakouts, generally feels easier to control, but spots are still there.

I was disappointed with my first treatment but did get SOME results. I'd recommend this if you have only treated with topical creams so far. I feel like Lymecycline helps you gain a little bit more control over your acne and can offer a slight improvement.

Reviewed on January 5, 2012

This was great, I mean fantastic for me. There were no side effects, it was just the problem after about 5 months and they stopped working.

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

I had acne since puberty and at that time my parents took me to the derm who kept prescribing topicals for me. After being fed up with dotors, I have decided to visit a GP. He recommended oral antibiotic lymecycyline. After 3 months of breaking up, my skin started to improve A LOT. When I got the occasional zit, it healed itself in a matter of about 2 days. I continued to take it for another 3 months and then stopped because of eye problems. My face continued to improve, it never looked better. However, after half a year I started to break out badly again. (I'm 21 now by the way).

Now, I have decided to go to the GP and maybe ask for Retin-A + antibiotic. I have read so many reviews saying tretinoids help for skin looking clear in a long run, which is what I am looking for. I really want my face to look and feel great again!