Page 2 of Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.1/5 - 40 reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

Used in conjunction with something topical it can help with the initial clearing out but you need to continue treatment with something else to keep the acne away

Reviewed on March 18, 2013

Be very cautious when deciding to embark on a course of prescription medication. It's my theory that GPs dish out antibiotics without attempting to address the more underlying issues of acne. In addition, if you do decide to go ahead with a course, be wary of the existence of probiotics. My GP did not inform me that the drugs would annihilate my good bacteria as well and that this would require replenishing in the form of probiotics.

Reviewed on March 14, 2013

How this works for you depends on your skin. I have been using for 2 months and my cysts have really gone down and little bumps and lumps don't grow as much. One thing I mus say is to persist, persist please. I don't think it's possible for these to make your skin worsen, maybe it's stress or hormones. Ask the doctor as it is not on the side effects

Reviewed on January 2, 2013

I get mine free from the NHS Like i said worked well for a few months then came off because it stopped working now my face is having a field day. I would recommend because it does work for a short while!

Reviewed on December 4, 2012

It is great, especially if you live in the UK because it is free with the NHS, just go to your doctor and they will give you 2 months supply, after 2 months if you still have spots go back to your doctor and he will give you as many 2 months supplys as it takes.

Reviewed on October 18, 2012

Do NOT buy this! I had read some okay reviews on this and decided to get a prescription from my doctor and let me tell you, worse decision of my life! I have been using tetrasyal for about 3 months now and at first I got a little initial breakout and thought it would go away, but no it is still here and getting worse, I have began to get spots where I never ever got them before like my checks and nose! I'm so depressed now my face looks horrible:(

Reviewed on October 16, 2012

They don't have any side effects, well at least none that I noticed. It will take some time, so just stick with it.

Reviewed on September 25, 2012

Before I had severe acne, with a permanent scattering of spots and scars across my forehead, chin, cheeks around my nose and on my shoulders.

I've had acne for around 5 years and tried so many of the products off the highstreet (Freederm, Neutrogena, Simple, Oxy, Witch, Clean and Clear, Nivea, Clearasil, Amie, Clinique, Good things, Liz Earle, Garnier, T-zone to name those I can remember) with minimal success. My acne actually steadily worsened from the age of 12 to 17.

Eventually went to see the doctor and was prescribed Tetralysal alongside Benzoyl peroxide cream Panoxyl 10% .

The effect was not immediate, but over 2 months I stopped getting new spots and the acne slowly cleared.

I have now been on the prescription for 9/10 months. I do not have a single spot - at most I get one at my time of the month. Although at first I applied the BP cream religiously and went through the adjustment phase with dry peeling skin, I now use only it occasionally, because even though I've moved down to 5% it is still very harsh and my skin is fine without.

I am absolutley over the moon with these antibiotics and just wish I had gone to the doctor's earlier.

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

I have been on this drug a few times. I had severe acne but in the UK you have to try antibiotics before going on accutane. It had very little effect and over time had no effect at all. After my first round of accutane my acne returned a few years later and I had to go back on this drug. My acne was not as severe this time and it did slightly help but after time this drug losses all effectiveness, and was put on a second round of accutane. A couple of years later and I am back on this drug. Same issues as last time. In my opinion this drug is not meant for people with moderate to severe acne as it has little to no effect, however I recommended it as I can imagine it is useful for people with mild acne or people who suffer the occasional breakout. It also has very little side effects so you may as well try it.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

It was okay. I guess I was happy that it took some of my pimples away but it definitely does not clear up your face all the way. Also the stomach pain was a real harsh moment. :(