Page 5 of Tetracycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.3/5 - 355 reviews

Brand: Tetracycline

Tetracycline Oral Antibiotic

250 mg or 500 mg Tetracycline Hydrochloride.

Inactive ingredients:
Colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C Yellow #10, gelatin, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze (modified), stearic acid, and titanium dioxide. The 250 mg capsules also contain black iron oxide, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue #2 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake, and FD&C Yellow #6. The 500 mg capsules also contain ammonium hydroxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, and simethicone.

Reviewed on December 3, 2011

long term effects not worth short term fix. look into lifestyle and diet changes. was male in 30s when taking

Reviewed on November 1, 2011

Easy to take, and a good step up from benzyl peroxide. But, ultimately, did not make a huge difference, despite taking it for over a year.

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

i reccomend it! it works like a charm. it only takes about 8 weeks for it to completely clear it up which is a miracle! i will keep using it!

.don't have any dairy within an hour of taking it

you need to drink a lot of water to wash it down and eat something too

. you still need to wash your face and such!

Reviewed on October 18, 2011

There isn't a bottom line I haven't already gone passed in all these years so I might as well go for it.

Reviewed on October 12, 2011

It did nothing for me. I used it for about 3-4 months but I did not see any results at all. My acne did not clear at all so I stopped taking these pills. I still rate it with "2" because it did not make my acne worse as some other antibitics did.

Reviewed on September 29, 2011

works fast, its a great product if you can handle the way it makes you feel for about an hr when you take your pill.

i used it for a month consitantly then if I felt like my face was becoming unclear i take it for about a week. must drink lots and lots of water!

Reviewed on September 20, 2011

Good for someone with mild acne, but not for someone with bad acne.

Reviewed on August 27, 2011

I was on this antibiotic for 1 year 2 months!

First few months where great, my skin had dramatically cleared up, i would have at least one new whitehead everyday.. but such an improvement.

Gradually after about 3 months of being on this med, my skin adjusted to the antibiotic and got worse and worse, a year and 2 months had passed and my skin was back to square one, just as bad as when i had started except now it had spread all around my face, nose, chin, forehead, and where it was originally, around my mouth and smile lines..

I would recommend it if you are looking for a quick fix, but for a lasting cure, no chance, i'm currently on another antibiotic, waiting for accutane..

Reviewed on August 13, 2011

Damn. I was so looking forward to this treatment. After suffering with acne for 6 years and dealing with the awful years of secondary school and stupid expectations my self esteem finally took an all time low. The doctor pescribed me with this (1 a day). After a month and a half my skin was glowing; all that was left on my face was acne scars and maybe the odd pimple. I thought i'd found my miracle treatment. For the next month or so, while I finished the course of drugs, people began to notice me and really comment on how good my skin looked. Honestly, I'd never been happier with peoples positive interactions with me. Anyway, aftter 3 weeks of finishing the tetracycline my acne came back and far worse. Evenmore disheartening was the fact I was getting used to having a clear face. Once again self esteem took an all time low and I really began to hide away Anyway I have surrounded myself with a good group of friends and I guess thats all that matters.

Despite the fact that tetracyline didnt work for me, it doesnt mean that it wouldnt for others. I'm pretty sure it would in fact. If you do try it, just bear in mind that it probably will come back first time, several courses may be neccessary. Good Luck. And just remember that acne doesn't need to consume your life, like I let it do with mine.

By the way, I've now been on tetracycline twice, and my doctor doesnt think its worth repeating, so we are looking for alternatives.