Page 5 of Tetracycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.3/5 - 358 reviews

Brand: Tetracycline

Tetracycline Oral Antibiotic

250 mg or 500 mg Tetracycline Hydrochloride.

Inactive ingredients:
Colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C Yellow #10, gelatin, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze (modified), stearic acid, and titanium dioxide. The 250 mg capsules also contain black iron oxide, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue #2 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake, and FD&C Yellow #6. The 500 mg capsules also contain ammonium hydroxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, and simethicone.

Reviewed on December 29, 2011

Used for a year, stopped working after 6 months

DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! I wish I could go back to before I took this and try natural diet and supplements as my skin has never been the same.

I also now suffer from digestion problems.

Anonymous, OH
Reviewed on December 15, 2011

i have bad acne which does lower my self esteem quite a bit....The first week of using this was awesome. my cysts reduced dramatically and my face became less red. I have been on it for a little over 2 weeks. The last couple days i have been drinking a lot of milk (milk blocks the tetracycline) so it hasnt been working as much the last few days. it still is slowly improving. I am going to cut dairy from my diet completely to see what happens. The only side effect i am experiencing is that i have to fart like crazy after meals( i think its from the tetracycline

Nicole, Portland, OR
Reviewed on December 4, 2011

Many side effects that I thankfully did not experience. Difficult to swallow those nasty capsules twice a day (on an empty stomach--requires timing), finally quit after it did not help my acne four months down the line.

Friend, US
Reviewed on December 3, 2011

long term effects not worth short term fix. look into lifestyle and diet changes. was male in 30s when taking

Mary, Washington, DC
Reviewed on November 1, 2011

Easy to take, and a good step up from benzyl peroxide. But, ultimately, did not make a huge difference, despite taking it for over a year.

adina, dallas, tx
Reviewed on October 24, 2011

i reccomend it! it works like a charm. it only takes about 8 weeks for it to completely clear it up which is a miracle! i will keep using it!

.don't have any dairy within an hour of taking it

you need to drink a lot of water to wash it down and eat something too

. you still need to wash your face and such!

Kerryfrump, UK South
Reviewed on October 18, 2011

There isn't a bottom line I haven't already gone passed in all these years so I might as well go for it.

Reviewed on October 12, 2011

It did nothing for me. I used it for about 3-4 months but I did not see any results at all. My acne did not clear at all so I stopped taking these pills. I still rate it with "2" because it did not make my acne worse as some other antibitics did.

Kelsey, Seattle
Reviewed on September 29, 2011

works fast, its a great product if you can handle the way it makes you feel for about an hr when you take your pill.

i used it for a month consitantly then if I felt like my face was becoming unclear i take it for about a week. must drink lots and lots of water!