Page 5 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 644 reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Tea Tree Oil

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Tea Tree Oil

No effective for all skins
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

I've been using it for over a month and nothing, even though I love the smell and my skin feels different in a good way, but my acne's still there plus I wash my face, use a tonic and a light moisturizer two times a day.

One very bad experience.
Reviewed on January 1, 2015

I decided to try all natural products as i wasnt getting any results with anything else. Just so you know i have oily skin. I started using tea tree oil all over my face every night and i slept in it. One week later my whole face was burning, it was red and flaky and i had more acne than i've ever had before. I refused to leave the house and it took months to restore my skin back to the way it was before. If you're going to use tea tee oil oy use it on spots you already have! I dont want anyone to go through what i did.

by elisehm15 on 01/13/2015 06:51
Well Tea Tree Oil is an oil so maybe the reason you had problems was it didnt work well with oily skin. Try Witch Hazel or Hydrogen peroxide, theyre both great for oily skin with acne.
by Johnnyripper on 01/17/2015 04:04
Essential oils are not meant to be put directly on the skin and it's no wonder it burnt your skin. You have to dilute with a carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut oil for your skin to absorb it properly. 2 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil.
Spot Treatment
Reviewed on December 29, 2014

Tee Tree Oil is great as a spot treatment. It helped dry out large cyst

Reviewed on December 22, 2014

This product is the best natural treatment I've used yet. I don't use this particular brand, but still a 100% tea tree oil product. I've used several different homemade facials and treatments, and none of them come even close to this. It does not dry or irritate my skin and it helps reduce redness. I've heard its just a spot treatment, but I use it all over my face at times to keep new acne from forming. I used to have moderate acne, but thanks to tea tree oil, I now only have very light acne. This is a life saver! Many people strongly suggest diluting this product, I say don't. It says right on the bottle that it can be used directly on pimples. I just dip a cotton swab onto the bottle and apply. It can be a bit pricey, but it works and one bottle can last a long time. I like to use this after my shower in the evenings and sleep with it on. I normally leave it on all the next day, but it will make your face oily. I recommend this product to everyone and it is a must try.

by okswkuneLad. on 01/20/2015 00:12
PEOPLE PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH - if the bottle says 100% pure Tea tree oil you are NOT meant to put this directly on your skin it will burn. dilute it.
by PenSword on 02/10/2015 13:42
I've put this directly on my skin for years and never had the least bit of irritation. Each individual should test it to be sure it won't inflame, sure, but there are those of us who have no reaction whatsoever to it, Jack.
Best Non-Irritating Spot Treatment
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

As a person who only spends money on a facial cleanser and toner, I always am looking around the house for treatments I can use without spending money. So far, tea tree oil is my favorite. I have been using it for several years now, and at first I was turned off by the smell and drying effect it had (my skin was very oily at the time; it has improved since). However, after trying OTC benzoyl peroxide and noticing it had little to no effect on my pimples, I have turned back to using it twice a day after washing my face and applying a toner. The trick is using a cotton swab (Q-tip) instead of a cotton ball or your fingers, applying it only on large pimples, not on large areas. Although it dries out the pimple, it still tends to make it somewhat greasy feeling afterward. Therefore, I have to wait about 20 minutes before applying makeup to my face, which is a downside.

most effective acne treatment
Reviewed on November 30, 2014

I had moderate acne for years and none of the prescriptions my dermatologist gave me worked, so I did some research and decided to try tea tree oil. Now my skin is completely clear but dry so I have to moisturize often. Also, it took several months of applying tea tree oil on my face before I saw any difference. The only bad thing about it is it dries out my skin and makes it red so I use a tinted moisturizer everyday. Still, by far the most effective acne treatment for me and I'm so glad I found it.

Irritated Skin
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

I tried Tee Tree Oil as a spot treatment and found it too harsh/concentrated for my sensitive skin. I had one particularly bad experience... I applied it as a spot treatment to one stubborn pimple. I used a q-tip to put a tiny spot of Tee Tree Oil on the blemish and left it on overnight. I woke up to dry, irritated skin near the spot treatment. Perhaps if your skin is not sensitive or dry-prone, give this a shot! Otherwise I would suggest trying something else.

(I highly suggest diluting this with water if you are using it for the first time!!!)

Life Saver!!!
Reviewed on November 5, 2014

Hi Guys,

If you haven’t already you should seriously give 100% Tea Tree Oil a go. It may not work for everyone but it worked for me. After never having a problem with Acne until 2 years ago (I’m 28 now) I spent a bucket load of money on prescription tablets, ointments, over the counter ointments, Micros, expensive skin care ect. Some things worked for a couple of weeks and then it went back to chaos. At the moment I’m using a chemist brand every day cleanser (not a cleanser for oily skin), I put about 15 drops of tea tree oil in with it and use it twice a day. You can also use an undiluted drop as a spot treatment. It goes away completely within 24 hours and a dramatic difference just in 12 hours. If you struggle with ingrown hairs you can mix 50/50 Olive Oil to Tea Tree oil and apply twice a day and it completely clears and prevents ingrown hairs. AND it’s SO CHEAP!! $6 for a bottle at the chemist. Life saver!!!

Good for spot treatment
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

I used tea tree all over for a while but now only as a spot treatment. I found it unnecessary with the use of sulfur instead. I do however like this as a spot treatment for stubborn acne that wont come to a head as it makes the top layers of skin peel off relatively fast when applied full strength 2 times per day for a few days.

Reduced pimples and scars! (Diluted with coconut oil and vitamin E)
Reviewed on September 24, 2014

I've never had clear skin, but in the past year it's been way worse! I've tried so many different things and nothing has been working. My doctor prescribed me Differin but my health coverage won't kick in for a few months, so that caused me to look for natural ways to heal my skin.

This week I picked up some tea tree oil because I wanted to experiment with natural ingredients. I melted about 1tbsp of coconut oil and added 15 or so drops of tea tree oil and quite a lot of vitamin E oil (didn't measure). I cleaned my face with my regular cleanser and put a small amount of my tea tree oil mixture on the painful pimples in my face along with some moisturizer. I also put some on a dark scar on my knee that I got last summer.

When I woke up, I saw a dramatic difference -the red painful pimples on my chin were gone and starting to heal. My scar is now half as dark as it was, which shocked me. It's been just 3 days and my skin isn't perfect, but I'm starting to have hope that some day I will have clear skin!

I think having a light oil to dilute the tea tree oil and thin out the thick vitamin E oil increases the effectiveness of both ingredients on skin . I've used vitamin E on its own before and it didn't work half as well. So far, the tea tree oil has been amazing for getting rid of pimples. Just remember to clean the grime of the day off first. :)