Page 5 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 596 reviews

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

All Natural
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I used this as a spot treatment. It dries out acne very well. I just dab it on with a cotton swab and it does the job. It's not to drying or harsh either.

by mrnegative on 08/05/2013 18:57
Lol at the 3-star rating for "does the job," "all natural," "non comedogenic," and "effective"
Thurday Plantation's Organic100% Tea Tree Oil is THE Best and safest acne treatment EVER!!!
Reviewed on May 30, 2013

I used Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Oil all over my face and it cured my acne 100%. Don't use ANY harsh chemical acne products/ washes/ pills or you'll ruin your skin/ health long-term !!! Stick with100% natural remedies. TTO is the best all over topical for acne. I also used 100% lavender oil as a spot treatment only (too drying and harsh to use all over face). NB Use Thursday Plantations 100% Rosehip oil at night (and in the morning) to hydrate, soothe, heal, rebuild, strengthen your skin and make it glow with health (great for scars/ rosacea/ wrinkles/ burns/ aging/ hydraton lines etc too). If you need extra help for moderate/ severe scarring try the short 0.25mm skin needling from [link removed].au with beta glucan liquid from New Directions or do a vigorous facial massage for at least 30 - 60 minutes everyday for 2 weeks (you could try the Wellbox too, I have not used it yet, but it looks quite good). Lastly, only cleanse with sea salt + water or a gentle natural cleanser (like New Directions' Gentle Lotion Cleanser). Eat very healthy & nutrient dense foods i.e. vegan, mostly raw, wholefoods, organic, quinoa, broccoli, dried apricots with sulphur/ sulphites and fresh, chia seeds, sprouted foods, microgreens, wholefoods, superfoods, rice, lebanese bread or seeded bread (but not often to avoid gluten), baked potato/ sweet potato, scoop of chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass/ wheat grass in fresh juice daily, salads with fresh lemon juice & evoo & salt + pepper, nuts/ seeds/ lentils/ chickpeas, sea vegetables, hummus, red onion, garlic, unhulled tahini, figs, tempeh, dark vegan 85% chocolate, avocado, turmeric, fresh herbs/ thyme/ coriander/ mint/ flat parsley, raw kale, berries, strawberries, beetroot, carrot, pumpkin, spinach leave salad etc. Take a quality potent multivitamin/ mineral daily, 2000- 3000 mcg of B12 weekly, kelp for iodine, flaxseed oil and drink fresh veg/ fruit juices or spring water daily. [Also get a little natural sunlight on your body/ face daily without sunscreen for vitamin D/ sleep in a dark, cool room, and make your bedroom/ home hygienic, dust free and clean]. Furthermore, AVOID, dairy, tap water, fluoride toothpaste (use herbal/ mineral toothpaste), GMO, processed sugar, corn syrup, gluten, pasta, canned foods, foods in BPA & other plastic containers, processed sauces/ processed foods, meats/ fish/ eggs (usually filled with toxins like pesticides/ heavy metal/ gases/ dyes/ diseases/ GMO/ antibiotics/ hormones etc), junk food, chips, fried food, microwave foods, sodas, aspartame, coffee, tea, vinegar etc; research new health information, great places to start is [link removed].au and [link removed] . I also found success with Steiva A (Retin A) .05% for rough skin texture, however, I'm only using rosehip oil now...please only consider Steiva A if you have severely damaged or aged skin as it is potent and can thin/ damage your skin. Do not use if you are young or have only light scarring/ acne. Also, only consider very light glycolic peels if you have severe scarring/ skin damage every 2 weeks for a few months, then stop for a few months - do this for a year ONLY (i.e. start at 10% and maybe work your way to 25% after 6 to 12 months of VERY careful use and rare usage) and ONLY if you have very severe/ all over acne scarring or you could burn your skin and severely damage it badly. However, If you burn your skin, see a professional for treatment immediately and use healing burn scar topicals with beta glucan, like New Directions' Beta Glucan Liquid and Thursday Plantations 100% Rosehip oil. Cheers!

by aquasea on 05/30/2013 01:41
IMPORTANT NOTE: I made a few typos! It should read: * Thursday Plantation*, *dried apricot/ fresh apricots WITHOUT sulphur/ sulphites*, *Clear Skin Care's skin needle 0.25mm*, *Synergy Super Greens with Chlorella/Spirulina/ Barley Grass/ Wheat Grass*, recommended health info sites *NaturalNews*, *TheWellnessWarrior*.
by aquasea on 05/30/2013 01:52
PS Also gently daily exercise for 10 minutes - 30 minutes per day...
by Kathryn Wilkinson on 05/31/2013 04:31
I use Thursday Plantation tee tree oil face wash and absolutely love it! I started using say yes to tomatoes dark spot correcting serum with grapefruit and its the only thing that's worked on my skin. I use a honey cinnamon nutmeg and lemon mask twice a week and recently added tea tree oil for a super acne fighter. I love it and agree natural products are the way to go
Reviewed on May 26, 2013

I dilute my tea tree oil with water and use as a toner over my problem areas, or I'll just use it straight to spot treat. It's definitely reduced the size of my pimples and helped them clear up faster. Smell is very strong though, I got used to it.

Reviewed on May 21, 2013

Tea tree oil is a fantastic product. Personally, it has not cleared up my acne, but if used as a spot treatment repetitively throughout the day the pimples diminish very quickly.

My greatest success is with my redness and minor scaring. I applied tea tree oil to my splotchy red patches of skin and it reduced the inflamation like a charm! I had to keep using it for about a month for noticeable results, but It was well worth it. Now my face is no longer red nor are my minor scars visible. Awesome!

by sSheild on 05/21/2013 20:06
I forgot to add that it can actually worsen the redness of your face if you do not dilute it. Usually it is very powerful and creates an uncomfortable burning sensation. Just add some water if you apply it to large areas.
Reviewed on April 21, 2013

Ive used so many products from creams to tablets and nothing worked.

So i thought to give this a shot and im glad i did, I used sudocrem when i had big acne spots which decreased the size then i used tea tree oil which made the spots smaller and less visible.

good product!

worth a try!

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

I first tried 1/2 tsp TTO with 1/2cup water in a cleaned out glass baby food jar and use a cotton ball. It mixes nicely with water as long as you shake or swirl the jar before opening it. It is important to close the jar tightly after and store in a dark place. The first week of use I had ZERO new zits. Absolutely amazing. Now I mix 1tsp of TTO with 1/2cup water and make sure to feel that strong minty tingle on my face after application, or else its time to mix a fresh batch.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I love using natural products. Before I started the regimen I used tea tree oil day and night to dry up breakouts. It worked but dried it too much in the end. The best natural product I have found for my acne though.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

It didn't work for me. It gave me lots of new pimples. It will bring deep painful blemishes to the surface. I mixed it half and half with witch hazel and used it as an astringent. I gave up on after 4 months because my mom and boyfriend complained so much.

Reviewed on February 21, 2013

My skin was currently breaking out pretty badly from new cleansers, so I was praying this would work well. After a shower I dabbed some tea tree oil to my acne spots.. the huge zits around my jaw line, the smaller ones on my chin. No joke, a couple hours later its reduced to a third of the size and the redness has drastically decreased. The acne spots are less painful too. I'm hoping this is the type of situation where you'll learn to love the smell of it when you realize how effective it is.

Reviewed on February 8, 2013

I first started using Trader Joe's tea tree oil all over my face only to realize that it made my face a little red. I then only used it as a spot treatment and found great success. It dries existing pimples quickly and just flakes off. It isn't ideal for wearing under makeup, so I suggest using this as a night time treatment. You get used to the smell, but it'll always be there when you first apply it.