Page 5 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 584 reviews

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Reviewed on January 11, 2013

I have suffered from cystic acne for over 15 years. At first my birth control (depo) kept is somewhat in check for a long time. I recently got an IUD and stopped depo and the acne came back with a vengeance. I've tried everything except accutane and I figured I was screwed till I had health insurance for it. Not true. I finally tried this and while I'm still getting small breakouts, it's not the huge boils I usually got.

Reviewed on January 7, 2013

I've had bad acne for years since I was 10 I've used everything from over the counter to doctor prescribed and this is by far the best no side effects with it for me it works amazing!!!

Reviewed on December 26, 2012

Very effective if used consistently for a long time. I used the Dermae Tea Tree & Antiseptic Creme (has 5% TTO and 3,000 IU of Vitamin E) mixed with Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil to create 15% TTO mixture.Same effect like Retina-A for me...skin got bad first and then greatly improved.It is as if my skin had to get rid of junk first and then the Tree Tea Oil and the creme worked to heal the skin inside out. You need to make sure you use TTO with high level of TERPINEN but low level of CINEOLE to be effective. My level is 38+ for Terpinen and <3% for Cineole

Reviewed on December 6, 2012

My skin has been left looking weathered and dry after being on Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide and Epiduo over the past 3 years. And I'm only 25! I didn't want to be making the decision between looking like a spotty teenager or older before my time so decided to use some leftover tea tree oil.

I've been using Thursday Plantation pure tea tree oil on my face for the past 2 months and my skin has never been clearer. Before rediscovering tea tree oil, I'd have 10 active spots at any one time. I also used to put on make up whenever I have people around, no exceptions, but this week I've been able to go without anything bar moisturiser.

It's quite likely my skin has gotten used to harsh treatments but for me, I use the tea tree oil neat all over my face after moisturising. I put 2 drops on my palm and pat one half of my face and repeat on the other side. According to my OH it stinks to high heaven but hey, who cares about a bit of smell if you have clear skin!

I'm so pleased with this I've bought another bottle when my old one ran out last week. You can get it for £5 from Sainsbury's or Boots. Same stinky smell, same clear skin :)

Reviewed on November 30, 2012

Hallelujah it works! I've had severe acne for years now, Accutane made it go away for a while (terrible side affects) but it came back within a year, and now this oil is miraculous!! The weather-proofing against the soul-rending cold in AK is wonderful too! I'm using it at a time when my acne would be at full force, but it's actually GOING AWAAAY!!! Fingers crossed, I hope it helps long term! (How cute it the rating system, what are they, dancing thumbs? Aaaaaw)

Reviewed on November 21, 2012

I am using Thursday Plantation ALL NATURAL tea tree oil and it has almost been a week and there are small results bit by bit, but it takes 2 weeks for any product for your health and body to work so you'll have to be patient...

Check out The Outsiders book and the movie and trust me ladies, you will fall in love with Sodapop Curtis...so hot!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on November 20, 2012

i have a clear face ever since, i will just get one or two zits but nothing major until after maybe 2 months ago upto early october my acne became severe leading m to take antibiotic oral and topical but nothing works, i try tea tree oil for the first week and its giving me a good result by dritying up my pimples within 3 days, but my problem now is that after a week or using it dark spots are arising from my previous pimples, im just anxious when it will be reduce and will it be diminishby continuous use or tea tree oil, please help.. im almost crying like hell because of this, should i hang on and wyt for a couple of weeks more??

Reviewed on November 17, 2012

I was reading the reviews listed before I decided to post my own review or not and I am shocked!

*******YOU MUST DILUTE THIS OIL WITH WATER BEFORE APPLYING!!!!*********

Tea Tree Oil is very potent. The reason why so many reviews say it makes your skin bright red is because they have actually burned their skin on accident!! :( dilute, dilute, dilute!

I mix Apple Cider Vinegar with water and a few drops of Tea Tree Oil, and use this after I wash my face.

Another way I use this oil is after showers before bedtime! After a steamy shower I soak a clean washcloth in hot water (but not too hot to burn your skin, be careful!). After wringing out the excess water, and you're left with a damp washcloth, put a few drops of the Tea Tree Oil on the cloth. While your face is still warm and wet from your shower, place the warm damp cloth on your face and just breath. It's aromatherapy and seriously doing work on your face at the same time :) Wipe down with the ACV, water, and oil mix and you are moisturized and smooth and NATURALLY beautiful :)

For spot treatments- dilute, but take a Q-tip and hold the tip on the head/main problem zit. Don't spread the oil around an entire area. Take the word "spot" treatment very literally.

Wishing you all happy, healthy days :)

peace~

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

I wish i had known about Tea tree oil when i was in high school. I'm 25 and have been battling with cystic acne ever since i was 12. I finally found that tea tree oil combined with regular exfoliation is the cure for my acne. My skin has never looked this good!

Ritual: I exfoliate only twice a week. I use all natural exfoliator (corn powder). I use it in the shower but don't scrub too hard. Just enough to get the dead skin off. And about once a week i use tea tree oil (use more often if you have more breakout- no more than once a day, 7 times a week). After washing my face, I rub on 3 drops of Tea tree oil onto my damp skin. Let it dry. Rinse once with water water then twice with cold water to close pores. Then moisturize. For added effect, don't rinse off the tea tree oil just skip to moisturize.

Hope it helps!! Good luck

Reviewed on October 16, 2012

I am in my second week of using tea tree oil and it seems to be improving my face. My method is using a cotton ball to apply the oil. Make sure you get a good amount on there (it should feel wet when going on your face). I leave it on for the rest of the day (do not use a moisturizer or your face could be super oily). I have gotten some of the worse acne I've had in years since starting this, but they are drying up quickly.