Page 4 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 596 reviews

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

My Clear Skin Secret
Reviewed on November 23, 2013

Tea tree oil gets rid of pimples the best and the fastest out of all the products I've ever tried. I have combination skin, so parts of it gets really dry, and some really oily. It doesn't bother the dry parts or the oily parts, which is the reason why I stopped using BP. What I do is use the tea tree oil as a spot treatment after I wash my face. It works like magic and my pimples will disappear within a night or two. Tea tree oil is also my emergency product I use to clear my skin before a big event.

Pretty soft skin :)
Reviewed on October 1, 2013

I dilute this, 1 part tea tree oil to 10 parts water. I then apply a couple layers over my face letting them dry (doesn't take more than a minute) and then add moisturizer. Before this I was using BP (currently using the one from acne.org) 2-3 times a day for over a year. It healed my acne, but it doesn't go well under makeup and dryness made my skin look dull and irritated. So now I use tea tree oil under my makeup, and use BP in the evening / overnight, or any time I'm not going to wear makeup. I've been doing this for two weeks and my skin has never been so soft and glowing. It also seems to be helping with the oil production, probably because it's not overdrying my skin? It burns slightly at application but not really any differently from BP. I love the smell, it's just smells natural and earthy :)

Did not work...
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

This item did not work well for me. It is the initial reason I joined the org years ago. The smell was unpleasant and it burned my skin. It may work for some, but not for me.

Did not work for me personally
Reviewed on September 6, 2013

I have oily/sensitive skin and I tried this in my school years because my mother would have this lying around the house.. I used to use a Cotton-tip to apply it on my pimples and it really irritated them so much! It made them red and angry looking! I really DO NOT recommend this product for people with the same skin as me as.

If you are looking for an organic oil for spot treatments I recommend Lavender oil.

Reviewed on August 2, 2013

This works for some people, but those of us who reacted badly, or just didn't help at all and are desperate try neem oil. works better. or epsom salt mixed with honey or even sandalwood powder and make a paste.

Works for me
Reviewed on July 10, 2013

I used this when I used to get huge pimples that would not come to a head.

It tingles when you apply it, but don't worry.

It will also cause the skin, on the area you applied it, to flake. That's completely normal if you're using it undiluted. Which you should only do if you are spot treating.

I also want to let you know that not all brands are created equal. Desert Essence worked AMAZING for me, but I tried a different brand when it ran out because it was a little pricey. Well I learned my lesson because the other brand did nothing for me.

natural
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

I use tea tree oil as a spot treatment. It helps with painful pimples to reduce redness and swelling. I have oily skin and the tea tree oil dried up the breakouts that i used it on. I have also used this face wash from the body shop that has tea tree oil and it helps to control breakouts really well.

Nice little addition to a toner or personal regimen
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

This is a pretty good product that will help aid in drying up any small existing spots you have. Just don't overdo it or you might find it to irritating.

Not terrible or brilliant
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I found it made very little difference to my comedonal acne/ clogged pores that I was trying to target. I used it for around 3 months with not much noticeable difference. It didn't help my acne, but it didn't make it worse either