Page 4 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 584 reviews

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Reviewed on May 26, 2013

I dilute my tea tree oil with water and use as a toner over my problem areas, or I'll just use it straight to spot treat. It's definitely reduced the size of my pimples and helped them clear up faster. Smell is very strong though, I got used to it.

Reviewed on May 21, 2013

Tea tree oil is a fantastic product. Personally, it has not cleared up my acne, but if used as a spot treatment repetitively throughout the day the pimples diminish very quickly.

My greatest success is with my redness and minor scaring. I applied tea tree oil to my splotchy red patches of skin and it reduced the inflamation like a charm! I had to keep using it for about a month for noticeable results, but It was well worth it. Now my face is no longer red nor are my minor scars visible. Awesome!

by sSheild on 05/21/2013 20:06
I forgot to add that it can actually worsen the redness of your face if you do not dilute it. Usually it is very powerful and creates an uncomfortable burning sensation. Just add some water if you apply it to large areas.
Reviewed on April 21, 2013

Ive used so many products from creams to tablets and nothing worked.

So i thought to give this a shot and im glad i did, I used sudocrem when i had big acne spots which decreased the size then i used tea tree oil which made the spots smaller and less visible.

good product!

worth a try!

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

I first tried 1/2 tsp TTO with 1/2cup water in a cleaned out glass baby food jar and use a cotton ball. It mixes nicely with water as long as you shake or swirl the jar before opening it. It is important to close the jar tightly after and store in a dark place. The first week of use I had ZERO new zits. Absolutely amazing. Now I mix 1tsp of TTO with 1/2cup water and make sure to feel that strong minty tingle on my face after application, or else its time to mix a fresh batch.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I love using natural products. Before I started the regimen I used tea tree oil day and night to dry up breakouts. It worked but dried it too much in the end. The best natural product I have found for my acne though.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

It didn't work for me. It gave me lots of new pimples. It will bring deep painful blemishes to the surface. I mixed it half and half with witch hazel and used it as an astringent. I gave up on after 4 months because my mom and boyfriend complained so much.

Reviewed on February 21, 2013

My skin was currently breaking out pretty badly from new cleansers, so I was praying this would work well. After a shower I dabbed some tea tree oil to my acne spots.. the huge zits around my jaw line, the smaller ones on my chin. No joke, a couple hours later its reduced to a third of the size and the redness has drastically decreased. The acne spots are less painful too. I'm hoping this is the type of situation where you'll learn to love the smell of it when you realize how effective it is.

Reviewed on February 8, 2013

I first started using Trader Joe's tea tree oil all over my face only to realize that it made my face a little red. I then only used it as a spot treatment and found great success. It dries existing pimples quickly and just flakes off. It isn't ideal for wearing under makeup, so I suggest using this as a night time treatment. You get used to the smell, but it'll always be there when you first apply it.

Reviewed on January 31, 2013

Bottom line, tree tea oil on acne works. I was sick of all the medications my dermatologist put me on, so I went online trying to find all natural help. I bought it, tried it, and now after just a week my face looks a lot better. I use Yes To Tomatoes to cleanse, witch hazel to tone, and tea tree oil (straight from the bottle.) I know you are supposed to dilute, but I want the full strength help. It'll burn your eyes and kill that nasty acne.