Page 4 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 581 reviews

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

I first tried 1/2 tsp TTO with 1/2cup water in a cleaned out glass baby food jar and use a cotton ball. It mixes nicely with water as long as you shake or swirl the jar before opening it. It is important to close the jar tightly after and store in a dark place. The first week of use I had ZERO new zits. Absolutely amazing. Now I mix 1tsp of TTO with 1/2cup water and make sure to feel that strong minty tingle on my face after application, or else its time to mix a fresh batch.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I love using natural products. Before I started the regimen I used tea tree oil day and night to dry up breakouts. It worked but dried it too much in the end. The best natural product I have found for my acne though.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

It didn't work for me. It gave me lots of new pimples. It will bring deep painful blemishes to the surface. I mixed it half and half with witch hazel and used it as an astringent. I gave up on after 4 months because my mom and boyfriend complained so much.

Reviewed on February 21, 2013

My skin was currently breaking out pretty badly from new cleansers, so I was praying this would work well. After a shower I dabbed some tea tree oil to my acne spots.. the huge zits around my jaw line, the smaller ones on my chin. No joke, a couple hours later its reduced to a third of the size and the redness has drastically decreased. The acne spots are less painful too. I'm hoping this is the type of situation where you'll learn to love the smell of it when you realize how effective it is.

Reviewed on February 8, 2013

I first started using Trader Joe's tea tree oil all over my face only to realize that it made my face a little red. I then only used it as a spot treatment and found great success. It dries existing pimples quickly and just flakes off. It isn't ideal for wearing under makeup, so I suggest using this as a night time treatment. You get used to the smell, but it'll always be there when you first apply it.

Reviewed on January 31, 2013

Bottom line, tree tea oil on acne works. I was sick of all the medications my dermatologist put me on, so I went online trying to find all natural help. I bought it, tried it, and now after just a week my face looks a lot better. I use Yes To Tomatoes to cleanse, witch hazel to tone, and tea tree oil (straight from the bottle.) I know you are supposed to dilute, but I want the full strength help. It'll burn your eyes and kill that nasty acne.

Reviewed on January 11, 2013

I have suffered from cystic acne for over 15 years. At first my birth control (depo) kept is somewhat in check for a long time. I recently got an IUD and stopped depo and the acne came back with a vengeance. I've tried everything except accutane and I figured I was screwed till I had health insurance for it. Not true. I finally tried this and while I'm still getting small breakouts, it's not the huge boils I usually got.

Reviewed on January 7, 2013

I've had bad acne for years since I was 10 I've used everything from over the counter to doctor prescribed and this is by far the best no side effects with it for me it works amazing!!!

Reviewed on December 26, 2012

Very effective if used consistently for a long time. I used the Dermae Tea Tree & Antiseptic Creme (has 5% TTO and 3,000 IU of Vitamin E) mixed with Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil to create 15% TTO mixture.Same effect like Retina-A for me...skin got bad first and then greatly improved.It is as if my skin had to get rid of junk first and then the Tree Tea Oil and the creme worked to heal the skin inside out. You need to make sure you use TTO with high level of TERPINEN but low level of CINEOLE to be effective. My level is 38+ for Terpinen and <3% for Cineole