Page 4 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 623 reviews
Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Tea Tree Oil

avocado oil + tea tree oil = miracle!
Reviewed on September 18, 2014

I have been using 25% strength TTO and it's working wonders. I have a problem with overdrying and used to do avocado masks to keep my skin moisturized — so when I saw avocado oil right next to the tea tree at Target, I thought- okay, it's an unconventional carrier oil, but I bet it will work- I was right!!!! My method for cleansing is essentially based on the oil cleansing method:

I dilute 5ml TTO for every 15 ml Avocado Oil, which is known for being moisturizing.

I steam my face over just boiled water to open the pores.

I the massage about 5 ml of my oil mixture onto my face for about 2 minutes.

I then exfoliate with sugar (the oil prevents the skin from tearing during this process!) and use a really hot washcloth to steam the remaining oil off my face.

My skin feels soft at the end, and moisturized without feeling greasy. If you have a problem with overdrying I highly recommend this method- my acne improves significantly overnight! Literally just the other night as I was going through my ritual my giant angry pimple on my forehead was much calmer after just rinsing off- not to mention the next day! And I usually suffer from redness right after cleansing!

I do this once a day before bed. It is a process but so far in my experience it is worth it! I am 23 and still struggling with acne, and I am getting married soon so this started as a last ditch effort to battle acne and turned into so much more. Very happy.

Severe acne: Don't use
Reviewed on September 18, 2014

If you have moderate to severe acne, or in my case, cystic acne, don't waste your money.

The first few days I tried it, it maybe dried my acne up a little, but only the surface. It does not get deep down like I need it to. I will continue to use it as temporary relief because it slightly reduces redness.

Miracle juice!
Reviewed on September 15, 2014

I had just got my nosed pierced in July and it was fine for about a month and a half. Late august I developed a bump literally right on my nose piercing which could sometimes be called a keloid. Tried everything from sea salt soaks, to creams and syrums to get rid of this horrible bump but nothing worked as great as I thought it would. Finally I heard of tea tree oil, bought it an organic shop down the street yesterday, worked like a charm. The bump went from ginormous to nearly gone. Also cleared up most of my acne scars. I definitely recommend this product! Hope this helped! Xoxo

Amazing spot treatment - but use carefully!
Reviewed on September 14, 2014

100% tea tree oil is absolutely the best spot treatment I have ever come across. I dab a little on any pimples that form and they flatten days faster than they would ordinarily.

However - only use as a spot treatment (at least in its undiluted form) and only use until the pimple flattens! It leaves healthy skin red and irritated, and if you continue to use it on flattened pimples, they remain very red and take longer to heal.

by lotachi on 11/21/2014 14:53
so you mean it is only for pimples?
great product
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

I started using tea tree over a year ago and it's just wonderful! My friend recommended me this cool trick:

https://[link removed]

by Jcham on 09/14/2014 02:58
What cool trick? The link was removed.
Depending on the purity
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

Tea tree oil is known for its antibacterial and healing properties and I use it sometimes. The one I used at first wasn't 100 percent pure and I really didn't notice a difference so I decided to purchase a100 percent pure tea tree oil bottle. This was slightly better and I did notice a bit of difference but not a major one. I would recommend it but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Doesn't work for me
Reviewed on August 10, 2014

Im using this product for the last 2 weeks and have no progress.. in the first week i used it diluting with organic virgin coconut oil, didn't help so i started using directly.. still no use, my pimples don't get reduces, scars haven't gotten better, and new ones keep coming.. I'm at a loss of what to do now, I heard good things about TTO so i thought something can finally help me but didn't work.

Great Disinfectant, Reduces redness and inflammation and helps prevent future breakouts. Avoid over using it to prevent drying.
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I absolutely adore tea tree oil. I've been using it for about 10 years now (although not as much as I should, only lately because I am pregnant and my mild hormonal acne is back!). It is a great disinfectant and it really helps to relieve pain, reduce redness and inflammation and clean out the pores. Used daily, it helps prevent future breakouts, but it's not for everyone. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to different products, you just have to try it and stick with it. You can't use it for one day and expect to see drastic results. Use any product you try for at least 3-4 weeks to notice any change. You have to be patient. For me, tea tree oil did wonders. And I am using it again now to tame the whiteheads on my chin due to my hormones during pregnancy. It has been helping quite a bit. I apply it in the morning and at night. I also use apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and witch hazel as toners. And follow up with coconut oil as a moisturizer. Always moisturize after using tea tree oil, and you should never have problems with dryness. Dryness can also be from over-using it. Apply small amounts and only twice daily. Less is more. You don't need to slather it on. You won't see results any faster, you'll just dry out your skin!

by darajanan on 08/09/2014 08:32
where do you buy tea tree oil?
just started
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

just started using this with a bit of moisturiser as im scared it it will be too strong to use neat? has anyone used it neat?? how long before results

Too drying
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

Dries out spots but also dries out skin horribly too.

by LeksiBabi on 08/08/2014 17:41
If your skin is drying out it is because you're applying to much or not moisturizing afterwards, or a combination of both. I had this problem too and I applied way less (less is more) and I moisturized with coconut oil afterwards and never had a drying problem.