Page 3 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

did not work for me
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

tried for 2 weeks and did not see any result and my skin got irritated

:( Didn't work
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

Sadly gave a try with 100% tea tree oil many times as I heard countless of reviews on how good it actually is. I use it to spot treat my cystic acne/blemishes but it always seem to make it worst. I have even tried to apply it directly on them and also diluted it, half TTO and half water but it just didn't seem to work for me. I always try to use it for at least 3 weeks to see how it goes because there might be a "purging" period. But even so, just doesn't work for me. Somehow when I use it, acne starts popping out in areas near the places I spot treat. I stopped it to see if that was the cause and found out my face seemed calmer after.

by optimus-klein on 03/30/2016 15:06
Try Rosemary oil instead. Tea tree might be too harsh for your skin even with it being diluted. Rosemary has similar anti-inflammatory properties, however, dilute it with another oil like jojoba oil.
Did nothing for me
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

I have slathered it, used it as a spot treatment, mixed it with my lotions but nothing ! Maybe its my skin but this just didnt do anything for me . I have harmonal acne and have sensitive/combination skin.

I hate this oil!
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

When I read how people rave on TTo, I thought that I should give it a try. I bought a bottle and diluted it with some essential oils. Unfortunately, TTO doesnt agree with my skin. I developed tiny spots all around my pimples and places where I never got pimple before. My face was almost clear until I tried this. It has been a regret since using tto. To people out there, dont believe everything what the netizens hyped about.

Causes breakouts
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I have a sensitive oily acne prone skin. I have used tea tree remedies several times (pure oil, a face wash, masks, ...) because everyone told me it was the best remedy. NOT FOR ME!!! Every time I use it I get massive breakouts and my existing pimples become cystic. My skin really hurts and gets irritated. So be careful tea tree might not be for you, it could get worse.

I Add it to my cleanser
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

I have been using tee tree oil for a while now. The more you read up on it, the more you'll learn just how beneficial it is.. I used to just use it alone but now I make a cleanser that is

Witch Hazel

Grapefruit seed extract

Tee Tree Oil

Water

I put it in a spritz bottle and spray my face as well as my cotton roll and clean my face.

Otherwise I wash my face with dr. bronners tea tree oil soap.

Amazing!
Reviewed on September 22, 2015

I've tried many, many products for inflamed pimples, including benzoyl peroxide, witch hazel, and face masks, and this is the one product I always come back to! I take a q-tip, dampen it with water to dilute it, and apply two or three drops of pure tea tree oil. I put it on my most irritated spots at night and I can always rely on my skin looking better the next morning. It doesn't completely clear up my spots in one night of course, but, if I hold back from popping my pimples, it'll get rid of a spot in two or three days!

Reviewed on September 21, 2015

The best spot treatment ever! I stopped using my prescribed acne medication because of this miracle worker! Beating acne the natural and cost effective way!

by khalil3 on 12/05/2015 10:25
can you tell me please , i should use it once or twice in a day
Great Miracle Zit Zapper!
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I started using tea tree oil a couple years ago, but not diluted. It did work great except it made my skin feel really dry. A couple of months went by where I would dab one drop on the affected area everyday and I felt like I needed something more, so I switched it out for other cosmetic brands until it came back into my life this year when I tried to embark on a more natural journey for my skin. I found that diluting the tea tree oil with water made it a great toner to use day and night over the whole face, or where ever I needed it. If you want extra moisture you can add an oil with benefits in like coconut oil which is very hydrating. Overall, when I sprayed the diluted tea tree oil on my face it shrunk the acne down and took it away within days! I would definitely recommend this to someone who has combination oily and acne prone skin to seriously try this one out!!!!

Not seeing any results
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

After reading all of these wonderful reviews about tea tree oil I went out and bought some for myself. It's been a few months and I have not seen any results. i had a huge pimple and applied tto as a spot treatment and nothing happened :/. I will continue using it for six months. Hopefully I will be back with a better review!