Page 3 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 666 reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

I hate this oil!
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

When I read how people rave on TTo, I thought that I should give it a try. I bought a bottle and diluted it with some essential oils. Unfortunately, TTO doesnt agree with my skin. I developed tiny spots all around my pimples and places where I never got pimple before. My face was almost clear until I tried this. It has been a regret since using tto. To people out there, dont believe everything what the netizens hyped about.

Causes breakouts
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I have a sensitive oily acne prone skin. I have used tea tree remedies several times (pure oil, a face wash, masks, ...) because everyone told me it was the best remedy. NOT FOR ME!!! Every time I use it I get massive breakouts and my existing pimples become cystic. My skin really hurts and gets irritated. So be careful tea tree might not be for you, it could get worse.

I Add it to my cleanser
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

I have been using tee tree oil for a while now. The more you read up on it, the more you'll learn just how beneficial it is.. I used to just use it alone but now I make a cleanser that is

Witch Hazel

Grapefruit seed extract

Tee Tree Oil

Water

I put it in a spritz bottle and spray my face as well as my cotton roll and clean my face.

Otherwise I wash my face with dr. bronners tea tree oil soap.

Amazing!
Reviewed on September 22, 2015

I've tried many, many products for inflamed pimples, including benzoyl peroxide, witch hazel, and face masks, and this is the one product I always come back to! I take a q-tip, dampen it with water to dilute it, and apply two or three drops of pure tea tree oil. I put it on my most irritated spots at night and I can always rely on my skin looking better the next morning. It doesn't completely clear up my spots in one night of course, but, if I hold back from popping my pimples, it'll get rid of a spot in two or three days!

Reviewed on September 21, 2015

The best spot treatment ever! I stopped using my prescribed acne medication because of this miracle worker! Beating acne the natural and cost effective way!

by khalil3 on 12/05/2015 10:25
can you tell me please , i should use it once or twice in a day
Great Miracle Zit Zapper!
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I started using tea tree oil a couple years ago, but not diluted. It did work great except it made my skin feel really dry. A couple of months went by where I would dab one drop on the affected area everyday and I felt like I needed something more, so I switched it out for other cosmetic brands until it came back into my life this year when I tried to embark on a more natural journey for my skin. I found that diluting the tea tree oil with water made it a great toner to use day and night over the whole face, or where ever I needed it. If you want extra moisture you can add an oil with benefits in like coconut oil which is very hydrating. Overall, when I sprayed the diluted tea tree oil on my face it shrunk the acne down and took it away within days! I would definitely recommend this to someone who has combination oily and acne prone skin to seriously try this one out!!!!

Not seeing any results
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

After reading all of these wonderful reviews about tea tree oil I went out and bought some for myself. It's been a few months and I have not seen any results. i had a huge pimple and applied tto as a spot treatment and nothing happened :/. I will continue using it for six months. Hopefully I will be back with a better review!

Definitely worth a try
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I first started using tea tree oil after trying a ton of products for my acne. I have anywhere from deep cystic acne to the mild occasional type but this has literally been a life saver for every type! Many people do not like the smell very much but I don't mind it. I use this as a toner after washing my face, I used to wet a cotton pad and add just a few drops of tea tree oil and wipe this all over my face but now I make my own bottle of tea tree toner using water to dilute the oil. I also use this for spot treatment and it has really worked wonders for my skin. The spots are gone within a couple days at the most! I have even been able to stop cystic acne from getting bigger/growing! The great part about tea tree oil is that you can add it to anything: face wash, lotion, or water to create your own toner, and the list goes on. Just be sure to not apply directly to the skin without diluting it. Worth a try!

by Jazzyjose8 on 12/08/2015 20:45
Omg Ik this is working for u but the purpose of a toner is to balance the ph of your skin and bring it back after u stripped it from cleansing tea tree oil is to harsh for that to you should use witch hazel or something ( alcohol free) this is coming from a soon to be esthetician
Cheap & Easy!! And it works like wonders!
Reviewed on September 7, 2015

I swear by this!! I only started using this the other day and it works wonders and the feel of relief on your face when you have a pimple feels so good!!!

Wish I Knew About This Method Sooner!!!
Reviewed on August 14, 2015

Wish I had discovered this method sooner because I did the impossible: I SHRUNK A CYSTIC PIMPLE IN LITERALLY LIKE TWO DAYS

1) soak a cotton pad with warm water, apply a few drops of tea tree oil onto the cotton pad and ring out the remaining liquid into the sink. Rub the cotton pad over the affected area, it will likely tingle or sting a bit.

2) put some glycolic acid over affected area (my glycolic acid treatment is called Marine Gel and it has lactic acid, glycolic acid and aloe vera... all very good things to help prevent and get rid of acne)

3) LAST BUT NOT LEAST: dab some Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 5 (benzol peroxide medication) spot treatment over the pimple.

4) wait a few days, I kid you not, you will see results FAST!!!

I'm so happy I discovered this, I've never been able to stop a cystic pimple from growing. But I did. WOOO!

(in addition to all of this, you can also try a warm compress, by putting 1/3 cup of rice into a clean sock and heating it in the microwave an holding it on your pimple on and off throughout the night as much as you can... I also did this and it helped a lot, but you have to rememeber everyone's skin reacts differently to cold/warm compresses, my skin just happened to like it)

WOO go get clear skin now :)