Page 3 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 651 reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

My perfected skincare routine:
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

For the past 5 years, I could not find anything that would make the horrible large dark marks and acne under my cheeks go away (reason I got these was b/c of really bad quality makeup in highschool). I tried retin-A and prescription meds, and although retin-a helped a bit, it was really annoying to deal with. 3 weeks in my skin looks fabulous, most of the spots have faded. I have seen the most dramatic results when adding tea tree oil and the Clinique product.

Here is my routine that really I finally perfected, and I would not be able to live without:

1. remove all makeup/dirt with makeup remover

2. cleanse with The Body Shop Chamomilie Silky Cleansing Oil. This stuff is amazing, doesnt dry out your face and makes it so soft.

3. Exfoliate with Boire and Clarisonic, or shave your face.

4. Thorough cleanse with Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser. Charcoal is the bomb, I regularily use all of their charcoal products.

optional: use an aloe vera or rose oil toner

5. Benzoyl Peroxide

6. 100% Tea Tree Oil

7. Clinique dark spot corrector

optional: eye cream

8. Any moisturizer (I actually use Aveeno body moisturizer) - but preferrably with spf for the daytime.

This DOES work
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

I've had severe acne for about 2 years now and I have tried the expensive spot treatments like freederm, clean and clear etc but they have never worked, just dried out my skin! I just bought TTO from tesco for only £1 and I bought it about a week ago and I use it at night along with using aloe Vera gel on the day and I apply a drop to clean fingers and put it on the red inflammed spots, I'm the morning the redness has gone down and by the next day, the spot has almost gone! Really recommend this!

WARNING: when applying this it gives a strong burning sensation but it goes away after five minutes, not suitable for sensitive skin as it can cause burns!!

Nothing
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

Appied it on my back cuz I heare wonders of this. Nothing happened. It just smells wells

Amazing!!
Reviewed on August 7, 2015

I use tea trea oil on my whiteheads and it works wonders. It gets rid of all of my whiteheads in a couple hours I absolutely love it. But it doesn't do anything for regular pimples and my hyper pigmentation but I would recommend it for whiteheads

Sorry NOT FOR ME!
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

Always try - never see ANY DIFFERENCE OR RESULTS - just feels a bit oilier... I cannot stand OIL ON MY FACE even if it's natural ... SORRY! The feeling is simply too greasy for me! I much prefer moisturizer that is oil-free or at least not make to slick me up - even if this is an acne remedy supposedly... I find far better ones like coffee scrub and yogurt and turmeric and lemon juice...

Another Favorite
Reviewed on July 26, 2015

Love tea tree oil for spot treatment...doesn't work on my cystic bumps, but newly popped pimples it helps to dry up quicker.

Great product!!
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

I love this stuff because it really brings down the redness in my pimples and when I apply the oil daily usually it makes the pimples totally go away!!! I also use it on bug bites and other places that might swell up lmao it works on everything....

Great for under make up
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

I love this stuff because I can wear it under my make up and there is no cakey residue. My skin is sensitive so I usually dilute it with water before applying

Pretty Good
Reviewed on June 20, 2015

I started breaking out suddenly and whatever I have been trying doesnt seem to work at all. I am mostly into natural stuff I dont use much chemicals except for my facewash (Neutrogena oil free acne wash) and BP. I got tea tree oil from The Body Shop a week back. Yup, its quite expensive this was recommended to me by my sister. So I thought of trying it. honestly I didnt expect it to work because nothing had worked on my skin seriously nothing! I tried many home remedies but they only seemed to worsen it more. I applied to it on my skin (Only on the pimples) and I really saw a difference in the first use itself! It reduced the redness and pain and dried the pimples. I was really impressed by this little thing! Slowly the lifespan of the pimples reduced. TTO didnt let the pimple flare up that big. It dried my pimples like in 2 days and it would take another two days to heal completly yes it leaves back a scar BUT atleast it doesnt let the pimple grow. Its really good for cystic pimples!

However I was so impressed that I made a mistake and applied it entirely on my left cheek and the next morning I broke out in the areas where I never had pimples! It was irritated and dried! So again I decided to use TTO to heal it and yes they were gone in two days. So the lesson I learnt is that its supposed to be a spot treatment and to be only applied to active pimples and scars, and in the case of scars only till the time they are not swollen and completly dried. It really helped me and I'm still using it. I guess the combination of facewash I use and BP and TTO works really well specially to my skin type. My skin really oily specially in T zone areas. I recommend you to use it I guarantee you will see the results after the first use itself. And sorry for making such huge post to explain my point but I didnt want anyone to breakout like me! :)

by dar221 on 08/12/2015 13:19
I really like your review cause that happened to me too. I applied it to other areas and I broke out. I have a question though. What does BP stands for?
by dar221 on 08/12/2015 13:27
by dar221 on 08/12/2015 13:38
by candy1180 on 08/30/2015 17:33
BP is benzoyl peroxide. Its an over the counter product.
Works wonders!
Reviewed on June 13, 2015

This is an amazing thing! I don't use this particular product I use the one from TBS which is 15% tea tree oil it works as effective as 100% one. I have hormonal acne concentrated around my jawline and a few on my forehead which is mostly whiteheads I got them extracted a few weeks back its kinda clear but still a few pimples. Anyway, TTO will work wonders if you know how to use it! I got mine today. I applied it with a q tip on active pimples anf ones that I felt are going to be huge dirty pimples. And OMG! They reduced! It worked incredibly well on the pimples which are still under the skin. I apply it twice a day and I really saw a noticeable difference. Obviously your pimples/acne won't go away overnight it will take time. But TTO is serious good stuff! Do give it a try. You never know your pimples/acne might reduce or go away in a week!

EDIT: its a spot treatment. You are not supposed to apply it all over your face Only on pimples(active ones and the ones you feel are going to become ugly pimples.) DONNOT apply on scars.