Page 3 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

LIFESAVER
Reviewed on March 5, 2016

I have had consistent moderate acne and it is extremely stubborn; however, when I started using TTO it finally began to stand down. I used TTO by diluting it with water and applying it as a spot treatment. There is an initial purge at first but don't be scared away by it because it will subside and you will be left with glowing skin. I saw best results when I paired it with Neutrogena natural face wash and OXY's Salicylic Acid face wipes. This combination will work WONDERS. Be sure not to cause irritation by a. not diluting (it will BURN) and b. rubbing vigorously into the skin (just dab it in!). I wish you best of luck. By the way, most of my acne is contained to my t-zone and I have an oily complexion. Don't forget to moisturize because this can be drying.

by Kclee on 04/02/2016 21:45
If you don't mind my asking what skin type do you have? Is your skin sensitive ?
OOPS!
Reviewed on February 28, 2016

Worst decision I've ever made! Tried it on a whitehead, it shrunk a bit and it stung. I thought that meant it was working. But the next day my chin hurt and was red. It was also extremely red. 2 days later I'm still trying to moisturize my chin! Definitely recommend something else.

by optimus-klein on 03/30/2016 15:02
Did you dilute the tea tree oil? Tea Tree oil has to be diluted, otherwise the oil will cause irritation -- like what you have described. I use tea tree oil, rosemary oil and I dilute it with Vitamin E oil and will either use it as a spot treatment or just slather all over my face. Hope this helps.
great spot treatment
Reviewed on February 27, 2016

I use this oil as a spot treatment to treat either the spot or the area on my face, I do not recommend using this all over the face or straight from the bottle, you should only use this oil dilute with oil on a cotton pad. this is because this oil contains high antiseptic and antifungal properties, that reduce the acne bacteria that is building up inside the pore by drawing it out and drying it up. so if you have had a reaction to tea tree oil where you have experience more whiteheads where there had previously been lumps/redness do not worry, this is just the tea tree oil drawing out the infection and getting rid of it, you will need to keep using it for a couple of nights to get maximum results.

i like it
Reviewed on February 22, 2016

It helped clear up my mild acne i dilute with my night serum it is still very effective i love the smell and i can see the difference of my skin in good way

by mukul on 02/23/2016 10:23
from where did u bought it??????
great!
Reviewed on February 6, 2016

I started using tea tree oil around December and i find it works really well as a spot treatment or as a toner of some sort. It may have not been some "miracle product" for me but it definitely works and I've seen improvement in my skin since I've been using this. It gets rid of spots very quickly and it has many benefits —as it is natural— which you could easily google. However, you have to be very careful as it is quite a potent product, so I suggest you dilute it by adding water or you could make a toner with witch hazel, green tea, water, etc.

The way i use it is i wet a cotton pad with some water and i put a VERY minimal amount of tea tree oil on it —one drop at the very most— and rub it all over my face. Sometimes I wet a cotton swab and put, again, a very minimal amount of tea tree oil on it and dab it directly on the spot.

did not work for me
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

tried for 2 weeks and did not see any result and my skin got irritated

:( Didn't work
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

Sadly gave a try with 100% tea tree oil many times as I heard countless of reviews on how good it actually is. I use it to spot treat my cystic acne/blemishes but it always seem to make it worst. I have even tried to apply it directly on them and also diluted it, half TTO and half water but it just didn't seem to work for me. I always try to use it for at least 3 weeks to see how it goes because there might be a "purging" period. But even so, just doesn't work for me. Somehow when I use it, acne starts popping out in areas near the places I spot treat. I stopped it to see if that was the cause and found out my face seemed calmer after.

by optimus-klein on 03/30/2016 15:06
Try Rosemary oil instead. Tea tree might be too harsh for your skin even with it being diluted. Rosemary has similar anti-inflammatory properties, however, dilute it with another oil like jojoba oil.
Did nothing for me
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

I have slathered it, used it as a spot treatment, mixed it with my lotions but nothing ! Maybe its my skin but this just didnt do anything for me . I have harmonal acne and have sensitive/combination skin.

I hate this oil!
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

When I read how people rave on TTo, I thought that I should give it a try. I bought a bottle and diluted it with some essential oils. Unfortunately, TTO doesnt agree with my skin. I developed tiny spots all around my pimples and places where I never got pimple before. My face was almost clear until I tried this. It has been a regret since using tto. To people out there, dont believe everything what the netizens hyped about.

Causes breakouts
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I have a sensitive oily acne prone skin. I have used tea tree remedies several times (pure oil, a face wash, masks, ...) because everyone told me it was the best remedy. NOT FOR ME!!! Every time I use it I get massive breakouts and my existing pimples become cystic. My skin really hurts and gets irritated. So be careful tea tree might not be for you, it could get worse.