Page 3 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 600 reviews

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Not a fan of purging.
Reviewed on April 7, 2014

I used 100% tea tree oil without even diluting it. Which is not a good idea.

by ambernicole897 on 06/23/2014 10:05
What did you experience? What did you use to clear up after TTO? Is your face better now?
Great
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

TIP: don't use straight TTO (also called melaleuca). I put it in some cocoanut oil so it doesn't dry my skin and it delutes it some as well. Also if you store it in another container don't use anything but glass because it'll break down plastic. But anyway I've used it for about a week and it seems to be clearing my acne. I've had acne for about 3 years and it was getting worse which is so frustrating. I heard it worked for a friend and I was pretty desperate anyway so I went for it. I put it on at night and put a little bit directly on a big spot on the morning if it needs it. If you delute it it shouldn't sting or dry out as much. I've heard there's a detox stage so if it gets worse but isn't irritating your skin I'd hold out a little longer. It's natural and pretty powerful so that's basically a win!

WARNING! Avoid 100% Tea Tree Oil!!!!
Reviewed on March 11, 2014

5% Tea Tree Oil = 5% Benzoyl Peroxide?

Most people here are going to use tea tree oil, because they see that it's been compared to 5% benzoyl peroxide. I read this study as well, and I'm hearing that 5% tea tree oil may still work, as long as you dilute it in a carrier oil or water. Makes sense.

You wouldn't want to slather 100% b.p. all over your face, and the same goes for tea tree oil.

I just wanted to let you guys know, because I'm doing a 15-day study (with daily pictures) on tea tree oil, and using it exactly as you would Dan's Regimen, (just replacing 2.5% b.p. with 100% tea tree) and this is a HUGE mistake. For the sake of science, I'm going to complete my study, which you can follow below:

This is the first time I have broken out in cystic acne since doing my "acne on purpose," study. Seriously! Avoid 100% tea tree oil like it's the plague.

If this was helpful, feel free to thumb this up, and spread the word so people know to NOT use 100% tea tree oil. Again, 5% may work, but 100% is a huge mistake, and will cause cystic acne! I've seen many other people in the Forum here experiencing similar reactions.

PS: If you are going to dilute tea tree oil, the best way to do it is to go 95ml water and 5ml tea tree oil. That's all "they" mean when they say 2.5% or 5% of something. It's 2.5 parts 'x' and 97.5 parts 'y'.

by ambernicole897 on 06/23/2014 10:06
Have you been able to get rid of your acne after using TTO? How?
by EmmyK007 on 09/18/2014 12:29
I have been using 25% strength and it's working wonders. I dilute 5ml for every 15 ml Avocado Oil, which is known for being moisturizing. I steam my face over just boiled water to open the pores. I the massage about 5 ml of my oil mixture onto my face for about 2 minutes. I then exfoliate with sugar (the oil prevents the skin from tearing during this process!) and use a really hot washcloth to steam the remaining oil off my face. My skin feels soft at the end, and moisturized without feeling greasy. If you have a problem with overdrying I highly recommend this method- my acne improves significantly overnight! I do it once a day before bed. It is a process but so far in my experience it is worth it!!!
Miracle oil, indeed
Reviewed on March 7, 2014

The only solution that work for me. I never thought oil can heal acne but in the opposite, it does. It heal wounded acne so fast like it was a 5 days healed acne. I like tea tree oil so much. I recommend Thrusday Tea Tree Oil as i'm using it.

Dilute, dilute dilute it!!!
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

After I wash with (undisclosed product) I fill a glass bowl with Luke warm water (about 2 cups of filtered water) and add only 4 drops to the water. I use a muslin cloth and gently wipe my face to disinfect so I can then put on an occlusive moisturizer (sheabutter) after my face has dried. you see, the reason some break out using moisturizers with a comedogenic scale of ZERO, is because A) they have not removed all the face wash residue B) in the case of active acne, there is bacteria being trapped under the moisturizer. Sadly most toners are poorly formulated and apple cider vinegar can become something quite nasty if trapped under a moisturizer. The proof is in the picture, my friends. Look at my profile.

AMAZING
Reviewed on February 6, 2014

I have suffered from severe cystic acne ever since I had my second son who turned 1 a few months back and I was at my wits end literally.. I tried proactiv along with every name brand product u can find at a drugstore or walmart NOTHING worked. I have combined a multivitamin with a ginger root supplement and fish oil ( all three support digestive health which is key in battling cystic acne) with tea tree oil each morning and night and after just a few days I am seeing HUGE improvement. All of my big cyst like bumps are gone and my overall skin texture is getting healthier and more radiant by the day. From what I have learned acne stems from many internal problems so while TTO is amazing u must pair this with a healthy diet, vitamins and minerals, omega 3s and lots of water and natural green tea with raw honey. Natural remedies are good for other diseases too I suffer from prolonged anxiety which has led me into depression but by combining Fo-to and ginseng supplements( find these at a health or vitamin shop) I am combatting these diseases as well as purifying my body. Natures medicine is the only medicine. I haven't felt this good in almost ten years. I really wanted to share this story because of how happy I am since I started using natural medicine instead of man made pharmaceuticals. It's become such a hobby of mine I am studying all kinds if natural cures. It has greatly reduced my stress level as well! All of these problems are linked to acne! Also walmart carries Australian 100 percent pure TTO for $2.57 in America so if u r paying $10 check it out in the pharmacy section in walmart! It's a nice size bottle too!

by Mhintz on 02/06/2014 08:35
That should read fo-ti
by IlTXMom on 05/29/2014 18:19
Do you take T.T.O. internally along with vitamins, fish oil, etc? Or topically?
Controls oil, reduces acne
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

I use this every night, either tea tree oil diluted or Desert Essences tea tree pads, both of those I use daily. I have very oily skin, which causes my acne. Since I am medium deep skinned it tends to be oily. Tea tree smells nice (if diluted) dries my skin (but not to much, I can still smile after) and kills the possible bacteria that washes could not reach.

by IlTXMom on 05/29/2014 18:21
Do you take the T.T.O internally along with your vitamins, fish oil, etc., or do you use it topically?
by IlTXMom on 05/29/2014 18:21
Cleared my skin!!
Reviewed on January 28, 2014

I am a 19 year old college student and found myself getting acne like I had never before. I got more than a few zits and cystic acne also. I finally purchased tea tree oil and applied it to my zits and it cleared my skin quickly. I then added a few drops into my night cream to combat dryness and my skin has been clear ever since. If I have a terrible breakout, I apply some to my problem areas and it helps so much!

Finally!!
Reviewed on January 9, 2014

I'm 20 years old and I've been suffering with cystic acne since I was 18. A couple months after I turned 18 I started birth-control. at first it was doing wonders with helping my cramps and the couples zits I would get before my period. But a couple weeks later for some reason I started to get whiteheads all over my chin and my cheeks. Not just small little whiteheads, but huge nasty white painful bumps. I tried switching birth controls but it wasn't working. I realized it was the birth control so I got off of it immediately but my hormones were still out of whack and the acne was still there. Instead of the whiteheads I was used to getting it was now painful cystic acne All over my cheeks and towards the corners of my lips. It left horrible scarring and very red hyperpigmentation, along with redness of the skin. I tried everything under the sun to take care my acne including: vitamin E oil, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin C, all sorts of face washes, not washing my face, and nothing was working. The past couple months all I would do is wash my face and that was it and it seemed to be working but before my period I would get lots of acne on my chin and my cheeks. I was against getting on birth control for obvious reasons so that was out of the question. I read reviews on tea tree oil and it's amazing wonderful outcomes for people. I was against using it for a long time because it had the word oil in it and vitamin E oil had made my skin a little worse so I was hesitant. Two weeks ago I bought tea tree oil and started rubbing it on my face without diluting it (I'm not very good at reading directions) but it was still doing the job. All of the small blackheads I had on my chin have disappeared as well as the ones on my cheeks. Any zits I do get are defeated by the tea tree oil and do not get any bigger. I'm so glad I finally found something to work with my horrible acne.

Be Careful With This Product! I Got Burns!!!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2014

I had a bad breakout and I probably did the stupidest thing a person could do and decided to apply tea tree oil and expired aloe vera gel over night XD the catch? I just poured so much undiluted tea tree oil into the concoction and let's just say that I woke up with raw burns on my face :( it was my fault but even then my acne still remained! I do use a tea tree oil based cleanser and it's great! I just think that you have to be VERY careful and start small because you can't be sure how much of it your skin can handle! I used pure UNEXPIRED aloe vera gel to heal it and it was gone within a couple days! I'm still scared to try it agin but I think it would work well in some people

Currently, I have cleared up my skin by washing my face morning and evening with a very gentle cleanser and no treatments or moisturizers at ALL. It is working great and it's day 3 and my skin is glowing and no new pimples are appearing! My skin is neither oily or dry!

So just in case you overuse it, just use aloe vera gel and after it heals be gentle to your skin!

If your worried about how it might react to your skin then use a cleanser or moisturizer with it! :) they are always safe and you can find them at Superstore and the body shop!

Hope this helped! :D