Page 2 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Mediocre
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

This does get rid of spots and redness but over a long period of time. I find that I can't use it every day because my skin gets dry. Would recommend to those with oily / combination skin. I use the Boots own brand 100% oil and I don't dilute it, I simply apply 3 drops of it on a cotton bud and wipe it directly on my spots. Do not use it all over your face as it could severely dry it out. I would use this again however I find that I would use this every other day at most

Works great as a spot treatment!
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

This works great as a spot treatment, if you have redness from a blemish or have squeezed it. It then heals very quickly and removes redness :D

Does not work as a acne cure :(

Decent Spot Treatment, but be careful.
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I have used this before as a spot treatment. I get a Q-tip, wet it and then add a few drops and apply it to spots. I think it works pretty well, but I haven't noticed it to be any more effective than the Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment that I use. I use the JASON brand, which is 100%.

I have also tried this all over my face several ways and it was awful. I tried adding a few drops into a DIY toner as well as a DIY cleanser when I was experimenting with different natural remedies. It always made my face feel so tight and dry and irritated no matter how diluted it was or how few drops I added. I don't even have sensitive skin, but this just doesn't work well with me when applied to my whole face.

If you are going to try this, start with a spot treatment before trying it on your whole face.

Not for sensitive skin.
Reviewed on June 12, 2016

Very strong and not good for sensitive skin. Very harsh and wasn't for me.

by katemcmahon14 on 06/24/2016 13:59
maybe try die-looting the oil by adding water or an oil like coconut oil that is less strong and will hopefully make it better for people with more sensitive skin :) good luck hope this helps
by katemcmahon14 on 06/24/2016 14:05
or try going to a body shop were they sell tea tree oil masks these are defiantly better for sensitive skin as they are not as strong .bath and body works sell a tea tree product which i would recommend you should try.
Broke me out
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

I made the mistake of using this as a spot treatment & later all over my face (diluted in another oil) a few months ago. Broke me out in painful cysts on the chin, jaw, cheek & even at the side of my brows (near my forehead) & I never break out there. I hated this thing.

by audrey johnson on 06/14/2016 17:17
i broke out with painful cysts and left marks..
spot treatment
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

i love tea tree oil. it works super well for treating zits/ pimples and treating dandruff. I use this as a spot treatment for my acne. i put tea tree oil straight on my pimple and it definitely goes away quicker than when i leave it. I don't dilute it, but it doesnt irritate my skin and i find it's the best way to use it.

by Pink123467 on 07/03/2016 16:26
Do you use 100% tea tree oil?
Works but watch out
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

Works great for single spots but you totally should not use it for bigger areas, can cause an allergic reaction. I love the smell, though.

Works
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I have tried both diluted and 100% tea tree oil on my skin. I have normal, non-sensitive skin.

The 15% (I got it from The Body Shop) is not too drying, so I apply multiple times a day. For the 100% however, if I overuse, my skin starts to flake, so I use it for really bad flare-ups like twice a day.

Tea Tree Oil personally improves the healing speed for me, but it doesn't work wonders overnight. I think it also depends on the pimple. Some pimples react really quickly; others don't really respond at all. Most of the time, TTO just helps the pimple to heal a bit faster. It works best on random zits, inflamed acne, and cystic acne, I think, but not on whiteheads.

It is still a very handy spot treatment, and I personally am not bothered by the smell. I would recommend trying it out.

by Elias Abueita on 06/29/2016 14:15
If your skin starts to flake, it's a sign that you have bacteria build up in your intestinal tract!! I would suggest taking probiotics and putting apple cider vinegar in your water!
Good spot treatment.
Reviewed on May 10, 2016

Ive had success with tea tree oil spot treatment. I have tried to dilute it and make a spray, but my skin was a bit sensitive to spray it all over my face and I had a reaction to it, diluted it even more and my skin was still kinda itchy when using it all over as a spray so I didn't like it as a spray. But I use it as a spot treatment after I moisturize my face, just using a q-tip exactly onto the spot I want to treat. I think it does really help when spot treating. It also has so many other uses its something handy to keep in the house.

Look!
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

Depending on your skin type it may or may not work, it's all trial and error. I have bacne , and acne on my chest, and face. Recently my acne got terrible on my face and I tried this. I only used a q tip and the lid of the oil and used the tiny bit on my face and it seems to shrink and work a bit and my skin felt extremely better after. Once or twice a week I get a bath and I put a TINY bit of it in the bath and it cleared up my chest and back quite a bit. I recommend using ice or a wet paper towel that has been put in the freezer. Your skin gets very hot and irritated when you get a Pimple or break out, this reduces the swelling and redness. After this it seems to be clearing up, no medication, not a thousand products.

Points: DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!! NO BAD! Touching your face can lead to Bactria and germs getting in your pores.

2) Consult doctor. Dermatologists know what they're doing trust me lol

3) change your pillow case, I also found this to help, changing your pillow case makes sure you aren't laying in dirt

4) Everyone is different, this may not work for you. This is just a suggestion, I have very I between skin, some places are SUPER oily and gross, others are dry and peeling. This is just what seems to be working for now. Only you know you.