Page 2 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Works but watch out
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

Works great for single spots but you totally should not use it for bigger areas, can cause an allergic reaction. I love the smell, though.

Works
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I have tried both diluted and 100% tea tree oil on my skin. I have normal, non-sensitive skin.

The 15% (I got it from The Body Shop) is not too drying, so I apply multiple times a day. For the 100% however, if I overuse, my skin starts to flake, so I use it for really bad flare-ups like twice a day.

Tea Tree Oil personally improves the healing speed for me, but it doesn't work wonders overnight. I think it also depends on the pimple. Some pimples react really quickly; others don't really respond at all. Most of the time, TTO just helps the pimple to heal a bit faster. It works best on random zits, inflamed acne, and cystic acne, I think, but not on whiteheads.

It is still a very handy spot treatment, and I personally am not bothered by the smell. I would recommend trying it out.

by Elias Abueita on 06/29/2016 14:15
If your skin starts to flake, it's a sign that you have bacteria build up in your intestinal tract!! I would suggest taking probiotics and putting apple cider vinegar in your water!
Good spot treatment.
Reviewed on May 10, 2016

Ive had success with tea tree oil spot treatment. I have tried to dilute it and make a spray, but my skin was a bit sensitive to spray it all over my face and I had a reaction to it, diluted it even more and my skin was still kinda itchy when using it all over as a spray so I didn't like it as a spray. But I use it as a spot treatment after I moisturize my face, just using a q-tip exactly onto the spot I want to treat. I think it does really help when spot treating. It also has so many other uses its something handy to keep in the house.

Look!
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

Depending on your skin type it may or may not work, it's all trial and error. I have bacne , and acne on my chest, and face. Recently my acne got terrible on my face and I tried this. I only used a q tip and the lid of the oil and used the tiny bit on my face and it seems to shrink and work a bit and my skin felt extremely better after. Once or twice a week I get a bath and I put a TINY bit of it in the bath and it cleared up my chest and back quite a bit. I recommend using ice or a wet paper towel that has been put in the freezer. Your skin gets very hot and irritated when you get a Pimple or break out, this reduces the swelling and redness. After this it seems to be clearing up, no medication, not a thousand products.

Points: DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!! NO BAD! Touching your face can lead to Bactria and germs getting in your pores.

2) Consult doctor. Dermatologists know what they're doing trust me lol

3) change your pillow case, I also found this to help, changing your pillow case makes sure you aren't laying in dirt

4) Everyone is different, this may not work for you. This is just a suggestion, I have very I between skin, some places are SUPER oily and gross, others are dry and peeling. This is just what seems to be working for now. Only you know you.

Spot treating worked for me
Reviewed on April 30, 2016

Spot treating tea tree oil on my problem spots surely did help - dried the spots and smoothed my complexion. I did stop due to my skin becoming slightly sensitive and having to start Accutane, but when I did use this stuff it would work. I did not use a carrier oil.

Tea tree oil should be prom queen
Reviewed on April 30, 2016

I love thi . Tea tree oil saved me and my prom dat .

Good acne treatment
Reviewed on April 20, 2016

Helps a lot with my mild acne. Has to be diluted first if it is 100% tea tree oil or it will burn the skin.

by nasar146 on 05/02/2016 06:31
Did u buy the exact same product like the pic above cuz I can't find it.plz give me a link if u can.thank u :)
I'm so happy omg
Reviewed on April 19, 2016

Sorry this is so long.

I've gone through so many forums and looked for advice for so long, and I've seen a lot of people saying not to try tea tree oil because it'll destroy your skin??? So I was really scared to try tea tree oil at first.

BUT I tried tea tree oil a few days ago and I already love it. I tried using it as a spot treatment the first night and when I woke up, the spot was dried out and already going down. I've started using a little bit all over my face when I get out of the shower and my skin is still a little wet. Then I use coconut oil as a moisturizer, especially because tea tree oil can kind of dry your skin out in unwanted places. I love the fresh feeling the tea tree oil gives my skin and I love it even more because it has a very earthy kind of smell.

I struggle with mild hormonal acne, but I unfortunately also struggle with cystic acne (which may also be hormonal related, but I'm not entirely sure). I had just one cyst on my cheek and I used a little bit of tea tree oil on it and it's nearly flat. I should probably also mention that I've been put on minocycline in attempt to reduce the bacteria and get everything under control- mainly for the cystic acne because it was so severe and painful. I think it's worked pretty alright, but I feel like my routine is really what's been giving me good results. I think I'll always struggle with at least mild acne, but I feel a lot more confident now. I also feel a lot better about getting taken off the medication because I have a set routine now.

by nasar146 on 05/02/2016 06:32
Diluted tea tree oil with witch hazel for the win
Reviewed on April 18, 2016

I use tea tree oil diluted with witch hazel and distilled water in a face wipes concoction I keep in a Tupperware container it works really well but I have extremely extremely oily skin so the fact that this concoction is drying is for me a good thing. A little tea tree oil diluted goes a long way with acne. I did try it undiluted for a while but that just seemed to aggravate my acne I now use it with the witch hazel and some water and find it is less harsh I guess which allows the acne to heal without it going into over drive extremely dry sore face lets explode acne mode. I find this helps my oily / hormonal acne flare ups to heal quicker and that I get less of them with consistent use.

by electricallie on 04/27/2016 15:31
Do you mind sharing your mixing ratio for the TTO, witch hazel, and water? I'd love to try this! :)
by sdcook0315 on 05/09/2016 02:31
There really isn't a ratio I just kind of wing it until it looks damp enough. I know that's not helpful but at least a cup of witch hazel for a whole container of paper towels not packed too tightly. I've also been adding some apple cider vinegar with the mother and lavender oil as well with good effect.
Really Does Work
Reviewed on April 5, 2016

I'm not one to write reviews on websites ever, but I promised myself that if I found something that works I would share it in hopes that some of you guys struggling with acne will find it helpful too. I've had mild but persistent acne since puberty, however in the past sixth months my face absolutely exploded. Cystic acne, blackheads, whiteheads, etc. you name it, it's all over my face (specifically my cheeks and chin). About two weeks ago I began using a cotton ball to apply tea tree oil all over my face every morning. I put it on after I moisturize and apply my makeup over it. I have not had one cystic pimple since starting to use TTO, and my skin is smoother than ever. I'm going on Accutane in a couple weeks to help my severe scarring and stubborn blackheads, and I am sad that I will have to part with this holy-grail product. Just when I've found something that works! Be careful with TTO when you first use it, as I've heard that a lot of people are really sensitive to it. I am lucky that it does not irritate my face and I can apply it generously every day. Some people either need to dilute with water or only attend to problem areas when dealing with TTO. Just find what works for your skin sensitivity and give it a shot, it's really worth a try! I recommend it infinitely!

by fergald8 on 04/10/2016 09:52
Lauren I would advise you not to take Accutane. Accutane works for your skin but it completely messed up my immune system. Try eating liver once or twice a week and get your thyroid checked. you might be low thyroid and need to supplement. when people supplement thyroid acne clears up very quickly
by nasar146 on 05/02/2016 06:32