Page 2 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 646 reviews

Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil."

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Tea Tree Oil

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on August 23, 2015

I bought a bottle of tea tree oil last summer to rub into my hair, but then read about the positive effects it can have on your skin. So, every night I would dab some onto a cotton ball and put it on my face. The smell isn't for everyone (my niece always complained about the smell), but it doesn't bother me, and you definitely don't need a lot. I only used it every other day, not usually every night. The clearest my skin has ever been was when I was using tea tree oil, and I have severely bad acne. I haven't bought anymore since I ran out, but I'm considering doing it again, just because it's so cheap. Give it a try!

Reviewed on August 22, 2015

When I first started having acne I searched online how to treat acne and I think it was on wikihow where I found this product. So I went to Traders Joe and bought their 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil for $6. The first time I opened the bottle...omg that smell... then when I applied it on my it burns but it feels good in a way. I used it for three months and I didn't really notice any difference so I stopped using it. You see they say for this product its suppose to be for long term treatment, but there's also this saying where if you don't see any difference on your skin in months then this product is not suitable for you. Also my boyfriend couldn't tolerate the smell... I would apply this every night before I go to bed. Then my boyfriend would stuff his face with his pillow so he wouldn't have to smell it. haha I felt bad he had to go through this so it was another reason I chose to stop using this product.

It's aight
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

It worked at first for me but then it just started irritating my skin alot.

It's better than others.
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

Oh gosh, where do I begin?

I've had awful acne for about 6 years now, since high school. I've tried everything from dermatologist prescribed gels and creams including Retin A, oral medication including Accutane (twice now), and the over the counter stuff you buy from the store. Accutane works to an extent for about 6 months after I end the 6 month treatment, but then slowly comes back to how it was again. I've had Tea Tree Oil in my medicine cabinet for years, but just haven't gotten into the habit of using it until recently.

With that said, it doesn't prevent acne but it does help calm and reduce new breakouts and irritations, which at this point I am okay with even just that. Cysts it doesn't do much for as they are so deep, but I've noticed it at least minimizes the appearance and longevity of pimples and white heads.

Sigh. I thought I'd be done with Acne by now, in my mid twenties but it seems like the never ending body annoyance I've just learned to deal with.

I use Burts Bees Acne Cleanser to wash my face, apply Tea Tree Oil, and then once that dries I switch off between applying a thin layer of either Burts Bees Acne Facial Lotion to prevent dryness or Bio Oil to hopefully minimize scars and prevent any new ones.

I definitely recommend it, but everyone is different.

Antifungal treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I found tea tree oil to be a great antifungal treatment because it helps fight the fungus. It can smell a little off putting and the less is more definitely rings true in this case. Other than that I always make sure to keep a bottle of this around in case I need it.

My perfected skincare routine:
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

For the past 5 years, I could not find anything that would make the horrible large dark marks and acne under my cheeks go away (reason I got these was b/c of really bad quality makeup in highschool). I tried retin-A and prescription meds, and although retin-a helped a bit, it was really annoying to deal with. 3 weeks in my skin looks fabulous, most of the spots have faded. I have seen the most dramatic results when adding tea tree oil and the Clinique product.

Here is my routine that really I finally perfected, and I would not be able to live without:

1. remove all makeup/dirt with makeup remover

2. cleanse with The Body Shop Chamomilie Silky Cleansing Oil. This stuff is amazing, doesnt dry out your face and makes it so soft.

3. Exfoliate with Boire and Clarisonic, or shave your face.

4. Thorough cleanse with Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser. Charcoal is the bomb, I regularily use all of their charcoal products.

optional: use an aloe vera or rose oil toner

5. Benzoyl Peroxide

6. 100% Tea Tree Oil

7. Clinique dark spot corrector

optional: eye cream

8. Any moisturizer (I actually use Aveeno body moisturizer) - but preferrably with spf for the daytime.

This DOES work
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

I've had severe acne for about 2 years now and I have tried the expensive spot treatments like freederm, clean and clear etc but they have never worked, just dried out my skin! I just bought TTO from tesco for only £1 and I bought it about a week ago and I use it at night along with using aloe Vera gel on the day and I apply a drop to clean fingers and put it on the red inflammed spots, I'm the morning the redness has gone down and by the next day, the spot has almost gone! Really recommend this!

WARNING: when applying this it gives a strong burning sensation but it goes away after five minutes, not suitable for sensitive skin as it can cause burns!!

Reviewed on August 9, 2015

Appied it on my back cuz I heare wonders of this. Nothing happened. It just smells wells

Reviewed on August 7, 2015

I use tea trea oil on my whiteheads and it works wonders. It gets rid of all of my whiteheads in a couple hours I absolutely love it. But it doesn't do anything for regular pimples and my hyper pigmentation but I would recommend it for whiteheads

Reviewed on August 6, 2015

Always try - never see ANY DIFFERENCE OR RESULTS - just feels a bit oilier... I cannot stand OIL ON MY FACE even if it's natural ... SORRY! The feeling is simply too greasy for me! I much prefer moisturizer that is oil-free or at least not make to slick me up - even if this is an acne remedy supposedly... I find far better ones like coffee scrub and yogurt and turmeric and lemon juice...