Page 2 of Tea Tree Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 581 reviews

Tea tree oil is defined by international standard ISO 4730 (2004) ("Oil of Melaleuca, Terpinen-4-ol type"), which specifies levels of 15 components, which are needed to define the oil as "tea tree oil.

Among over 98 compounds contained in the oil, terpinen-4-ol is responsible for most of the antimicrobial activity.

Be Careful With This Product! I Got Burns!!!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2014

I had a bad breakout and I probably did the stupidest thing a person could do and decided to apply tea tree oil and expired aloe vera gel over night XD the catch? I just poured so much undiluted tea tree oil into the concoction and let's just say that I woke up with raw burns on my face :( it was my fault but even then my acne still remained! I do use a tea tree oil based cleanser and it's great! I just think that you have to be VERY careful and start small because you can't be sure how much of it your skin can handle! I used pure UNEXPIRED aloe vera gel to heal it and it was gone within a couple days! I'm still scared to try it agin but I think it would work well in some people

Currently, I have cleared up my skin by washing my face morning and evening with a very gentle cleanser and no treatments or moisturizers at ALL. It is working great and it's day 3 and my skin is glowing and no new pimples are appearing! My skin is neither oily or dry!

So just in case you overuse it, just use aloe vera gel and after it heals be gentle to your skin!

If your worried about how it might react to your skin then use a cleanser or moisturizer with it! :) they are always safe and you can find them at Superstore and the body shop!

Hope this helped! :D

great product
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

I'm 16 years old ,& I'm a sophomore in high school . I just started breaking out bad this year . Last year I would only get a few pimples ever now and then . But I've being using bp for about 3 months now and bp worked great. But I decided to see if their was any other products as great as bp . So I cam across tea tree oil . I've been using it for 2 weeks now and my friends have came up to me and told me my face has been clearing up . So I would say this product is great

This product is a little iffy
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I am 15 and have oily and sensitive skin. I used to suffer from white heads all over my t zone but after using a benzoyl peroxide wash and a medicine prescribed by my doctor called minocycline, it has cleared up a lot. Now however, I have big cysts that form on my cheeks. I thought i was almost out of the woods but then these things came and they are painful and make my skin look swollen. I tried applying tea tree oil as spot treatment but it doesnt really do much. It mostly just dries out the surface skin over the cyst. And i can only use it at night because it makes the area extremely red (this may be because my skin is kind of sensitive). It burns when you apply it at first and has a strange smell but i am used to both of these things by now. I am torn though because i think it helps decrease the cyst size a little bit, but it just dries the crap out of the area. I dont think i would recommend this for people with cystic acne but i think it would be a great for whiteheads because it would dry and draw out the gross stuff. I wouldnt recommend it if you have dry skin because it will most likely make you flaky. But it may just be so drying on me because i use it following a bp cleanser. You might give it a shot, especially if you have oily whiteheaded skin, but i think it just depends on who you are and what condition your skin is in. Sorry that was lengthy but hopefully it helped.

Still new to this product, but very happy so far
Reviewed on November 25, 2013

I have tried several topical creams and oral antibiotics over the years with little to no significant improvement in controlling my acne. I started a natural approach to prevention and treatment and one of the components of that has been trying tea tree oil for topical treatment. I am very satisfied with the condition of my skin after about two weeks of this product. I have not had any major breakouts, and the ones I had, have been clearing up nicely with no scarring. My skin feels smoother and healthier. I have no idea whether or not this product is my miracle solution, but so far it's been a great alternative to expensive creams. I know that in studies it has been compared to the effectiveness of 5% salicylic acid but I personally think it's easier on the skin and more effective so far.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on November 23, 2013

I am 14 and last year I suffered with very light acne but this year it has gotten a lot worse. I used BP for a while but it dried out my skin too much so I wanted to try something more natural. I have been using tea tree oil for about 2 1/2 weeks and have seen little to no improvement.

My Clear Skin Secret
Reviewed on November 23, 2013

Tea tree oil gets rid of pimples the best and the fastest out of all the products I've ever tried. I have combination skin, so parts of it gets really dry, and some really oily. It doesn't bother the dry parts or the oily parts, which is the reason why I stopped using BP. What I do is use the tea tree oil as a spot treatment after I wash my face. It works like magic and my pimples will disappear within a night or two. Tea tree oil is also my emergency product I use to clear my skin before a big event.

Pretty soft skin :)
Reviewed on October 1, 2013

I dilute this, 1 part tea tree oil to 10 parts water. I then apply a couple layers over my face letting them dry (doesn't take more than a minute) and then add moisturizer. Before this I was using BP (currently using the one from acne.org) 2-3 times a day for over a year. It healed my acne, but it doesn't go well under makeup and dryness made my skin look dull and irritated. So now I use tea tree oil under my makeup, and use BP in the evening / overnight, or any time I'm not going to wear makeup. I've been doing this for two weeks and my skin has never been so soft and glowing. It also seems to be helping with the oil production, probably because it's not overdrying my skin? It burns slightly at application but not really any differently from BP. I love the smell, it's just smells natural and earthy :)

Did not work...
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

This item did not work well for me. It is the initial reason I joined the org years ago. The smell was unpleasant and it burned my skin. It may work for some, but not for me.

Did not work for me personally
Reviewed on September 6, 2013

I have oily/sensitive skin and I tried this in my school years because my mother would have this lying around the house.. I used to use a Cotton-tip to apply it on my pimples and it really irritated them so much! It made them red and angry looking! I really DO NOT recommend this product for people with the same skin as me as.

If you are looking for an organic oil for spot treatments I recommend Lavender oil.