Page 3 of TCA Peel reviews

3.8/5 - 84 reviews

Trichloroacetic Acid.

Reviewed on September 3, 2009

They are awesome and are a good way of getting rid of fine lines and light hyperpigmentation, but only when done by a professional

Reviewed on September 2, 2009

I highly recommend this product, it was very affordable and last for a while. You can even buy it with friends and share it, because the bottle lets you do about 50 face treatments.

Reviewed on August 29, 2009

Those that have a negative response seem to be the ones that had a lower % peel and paid hundreds of dollars to get it done by a professional. If you can follow instructions, don't panic when it burns (it is supposed to) and are careful during the recovery, you should do it at home Imo I paid $20 for 2 100% strength Tca bottles. Diluted to make a 12% solution for my first peel, 4 weeks later made a 25% peel. The results are unquestionable, really great! 6 weeks after the second, I did another 25% peel and the overall results after these 3 peels are really awesome. The best product I've ever spent such a little amount of money on. I can't believe how slack they are charging thousands of dollars for a peel you can do yourself for $20! I had fine lines around my eyes and was beginning to get dark pigmentation around my eyes (dark circles) and they are all gone, like I am 17 again. Some wouldn't use it under their eyes, but I went ahead and put it all over my including right up to my eyes.

Reviewed on August 27, 2009

I had a bad acne a while ago which has left some scarring so decided to try a easy TCA chemical face peel to improve my skin..it comes with a course of 4 and it took one month.so i had one treatment every week for four weeks. after a second peel my acne flared up badly and i still had to have another 2 because of some kind of risk of affecting my skin in the future. Its been two weeks now and ive still got my acne,tropical creams not helping anymore(and it used to ) overall just feel very upset and misrable. cost me a fortune and it gave me the worst thing i could ever think of...

Reviewed on August 4, 2009

i had it done at skin clinic it cost £600.00 but u do get all creams,face wash 2 prepare the skin for 2 weeks prior to peel; skin lightening; sunscreen; cu3 which is for after the peel stop skin drying and tissue repair,,, which are important 4 pigmented skin ive had 4 done now but my skin is patchy it was 12.5% tca my skin is just acne scarred no spots

but now pores are smaller and skin fresher however need more treatments may try at home method now that i have all the creams 2

Reviewed on August 2, 2009

I wouldn't reccomend tca as an ongoing treatment for active acne but it can be extremely effective at treating scarring. I used to have terrible acne scarring to the point people would look away when talking to me, but after a year of regular peeling (18%) as well as TCA cross (100%) it is barely noticable. As an added bonus I now look years younger than my friends due to the peels effect on wrinkles. TCA peels and cross are one of the biggest scams in the cosmetic procedures industry with practioners charging outrageous amounts of money for what a procedure which is really a no brainer. Start at low percentage and work you way up. Do repeated peels and don't be concerned about thinning your skin. Peels actually increase collagen and thicken the dermis.

Reviewed on July 31, 2009

I have used TCA 25% peel only once. I applied it on my skin on Sunday and for two days my skin was red and tight. After 3-5 days light peeling of skin began and took about 3 days for the outer layer to become dead and dry.I did not have patience to wait for it to peel on its own, so I used dead skills remover machine and cleaned up my face.

The result today is I can see that my face looks fresh and clean without any adverse affect on my skin but this treatment hasn't really helped improve my scars. I'm planning to repeat the treament once my skin is completely recovered may be after a month or so and see if it helps my scars.

I have also been careful to apply sunscreen whenever I go out and protect my skin from sun.

Reviewed on July 24, 2009

I've used Glycolic/Lactic acids to remove some dark spots on my forehead and they only lightened them up as well as making the rest of my skin smoother. However, after using TCA (first 10%, then 20%), my dark spots on my forehead lightened a LOT (60%+ improvement). Made me skin much softer, smoother, and radiant. Only con is downtime and the amount of money to spend on one bottle, which probably won't last long...

Reviewed on July 20, 2009

Great product if used properly! Does what it's supposed to , however, I don't recommend doing it at home unless you have thoroughly researched how to use because it can very easily burn.

Use a hat and sunscreen after using this product.

While you may enjoy the benefits of your TCA peel it does leave your skin more succeptible to sun damage that is hard to reverse.

Reviewed on June 29, 2009

I purchased a 35% peel and diluted it for spot treatment to forehead wrinkles and dark skin discolorations made more prominent on my forehead, cheeks and around my chin from acne scars.

I used it on Friday and my skin frosted and stung as indicated then went numb. by Friday night the treated areas had turned dark brown and were scabbing as indicated. Now, on Monday the brown skin is sloughing off and the new pink skin underneath is free of discoloration and the deep forehead wrinkles are much less prominent. I'm very pleased with the results especially since I didn't have to pay upward of $500 for an office treatment at a dermatologist or plastic surgeon!

I'll probably use it again in three months or so on my entire face to even out tone.

Highly recommended!