Page 2 of TCA Peel reviews

3.8/5 - 84 reviews

Trichloroacetic Acid.

Reviewed on June 28, 2010

dont buy this peel unless you have at least a minimum of 1-2 weeks off from being outside work, or from public, otherwise the you may need to feel the need to peel the skin before it had completely healed

use under your own discretion

bottom line this peel ruined my skin because i have asian skin colour

Reviewed on January 19, 2010

Did a 40% TCA peel at a cost, with a dermatologist, i should have known he cared more for his money than my face, The peeling took a good 11-12 days, the redness is severe and will probably last for at least a month or more. I wanted to remove ugly acne scars but now I replaced them with weird red hyperpigmentation, its been 15 days since my procedure and the redness/hyperpigmentation is supposed to last 4 weeks or more. Now I am having to use tretinoin cream at night, and hydrocortisone cream during the day, and have to wear makeup if i want to look presentable to anywhere i go. If you are going to do a peel, prepare your face for it, and make sure your skin is a good candidate for it, for the money I wish i would have just not done it in the first place, save the horribly long downtime, the original pain, and the hassle of sun protection always, cant go outside and play. Well I hope this helps

Reviewed on December 6, 2009

Please for the love of god don't start with anything higher than 12.5%. One bottle of the 12.5% will last you 4-5 peels. Spread them out about 2-3 weeks apart, no sooner.

Understand that it isn't an instant cure. You're putting acid on your face, so your skin has to regrow and all that. I didn't really notice results until my 3rd peel (of the 12.5).

In my opinion (been an acne sufferer for years, now just deal with scars and occasional blackheads), tca peels are a LONG TERM treatment. You dont just buy a bottle, put some on, and expect results. I plan on doing several peels over the next year. You have to think long term if you are looking for dramatic results. You can speed this up by going higher %, but youll have the flaking, peeling, horrible downtime that people talk about. I have a job so I can't hide for 3 days at a time. With 12.5, you dont get this, but it obviously takes more treatments to get the desired results.

Reviewed on December 2, 2009

I had hardly any spots but still had red marks all over my face from acne when I was younger. The peel was very painful but I was willing to go through any pain to get my skin clear. It made my face fresher, brighter and smooth for about a week then for months and months my skin was terrible. This created all new scars. In despiration, I had the peel again a few weeks ago (a year after I had my first one) and once again I broke out in spots and now I'm devastated because it's created really bad scars.

However, I'd heard of the pro's and con's of the peel before I had it done and for me I decided it was worth the risk because I needed to try it for myself. I have very sensitive skin and have a stressful life so I'm sure they contribute to it. If you decide to have the peel then don't touch your skin whilst it's peeling!!

Reviewed on November 21, 2009

Buy least % first. Even the first glycolic was crazy, but then they all had adjusted to a certain tolerance, so I didn't scar myself. I am excited to see long term goals.

Forehead gets nice and taught, which is a good feeling.I am only 26, but I like anything that makes me feel young:)

Good luck...

$40 for both glycolic and TCA

Reviewed on October 31, 2009

I have used a 25 % TCA 3 days ago and so far so good. The first 2 days it looked terrible just like a brown patch or burn in the face, and since I have never done this before I was all worried but as it stands now it slowly start peeling and I cant wait to get the results. The laser treatment I went to charged me over 5 thousand dollars and this TCA bottle that I got from the states cost me 35 dollars plus shipping,lol, Gotta love the American for their products and a special thx to the laser treatment clinic that gave me a free information cession. My advice is get a good ointment cream, apply every 3 or 4 hours daily and repeat the peel every 4 weeks for 24 weeks.

Reviewed on October 30, 2009

Not good for asians. I usually get brownish hyperpigmentation from any skin problems such as acne, cuts, burns, etc. The hyperpigmented scars take a very long time to fade away. TCA did the same. It left brown patches on my face. It's been a month a half now and it's slowly fading away with the use of hydroquinone 4% and tretinoin .05.

Reviewed on October 18, 2009

I didn't have scarring or acne, but am 50 and wanted fresher skin without brown spots. I can see a line where dr didn't go right under my eye. I'm going to use weak peels and do it at home.

Also have Rx for Retin A that I'll use every other day. That really makes me exfoliate, too. Better than microdermabrasion that drives those little crystals into my skin and CAUSES breakouts. If you're acne prone, DO NOT have microdermabrasion. My chin breaks out every time I have a micro. Confirmed with dermatologist that micros cause breakouts. If your dr. owns the machine and makes money from it, get a new dr.- he's cheating you.

Reviewed on September 12, 2009

ok i will write a bit more as some of you as i can see go in wrong direction. First let me tell you that i do have medical background. FIRST if you have only problem with Acne then i dont recommend to use TCA on spot. I would recommend that you do couple of times AHA Salicylic peel as AHA will go deeper in poors the TCA coz of the chemical components. i would recommend to use Salicylic peel at least twice before applying any TCA. It is a highly effective superficial peeling agent, oil reducer and pore cleanser. Oil-soluble and lipophilic, Salicylic penetrates sebum filled follicles and cleans out clogged pores, resulting in marked improvement in especially acne prone skin.

After 3 weeks applied TCA peels works really well, but be careful on straightness of the peel. Is not so important the % that you use but is better to ask what is the pH levels ranging. They are from 0.9 - 2.0. If you using at home i recommend you to use 0.9 at 25 or 30 %.

After is good to apply Hyalurinic S

Reviewed on September 4, 2009

amazing but doesnt clear acne, the only thing for acne is antibiotics lots of water and fresh diet and duac cream... i have 1 or 2 peels per year at 15-20%. one befor winter and one just before summer....