TCA Peel reviews

3.8/5 - 84 reviews

Trichloroacetic Acid.

Excellent!
Reviewed on May 15, 2014

I've had horrible ance cystes and puss dime filled cystes in my early 20s. I tried every product out there, took my about 3 years to find one that was a miracle. Now I'm 28 and decided on the TCA peel for my worn out skin with some dance scarring on my forehead and skin and huge pores. My skin was like reptile skin. I am so grateful for the TCA peel! Baby soft skin. I broke out with mild small acne marks but I assume this is what was lingering under my replite skin. Would definely recommend it! Will go back to my old skin care routine in a week or so to avoid the huge cysts. I did 15% TCA and did several layers (even that just barely frosted). Will be doing this once a month for about 5 months.

Reviewed on May 21, 2013

well i used this to help with my scarring and let me just say i do like it and plan on doing it again but AVOID USING NEOSPORIN!!!!!! after treatment it broke me out like crazy!! my skin had cleared up and everything was good until i put neosporin on my face.. i dont think it was the peel because i use other typer of chemical peels and i never breaks me out this second time i will be using aquaphor healing ointment as a post peel treatment. and i didnt actually start peeling til day 5 and completley peeled by day 9. i did see a reduction in my freckles and some scars but i dont think i will see a more refined result til my second peel. in which i will update

Reviewed on March 22, 2013

I was given a 7% auto-neutralizing peel at a local doctor's office (more than strong enough and I'm a guy with II-III level acne that was cleared with doxy). The results were very good compared to the three microderms I got at the same office - and each of those was also $100! Def worth a shot and so much cheaper than lasers! Results can still be seen a year later!

Reviewed on December 6, 2011

At first, I was hesitant of putting chemicals on my face. But I've tried everything from proactive to BP creams, to putting olive oil on my face to clay masks, from milk baths to getting more sleep, running to bikram, and almost got on the accutane (yeah I know, I've spent HUNDREDs already). But after seeing multiple videos online about MUAC TCA peel, I thought maybe I should try it (I'm desperate at this point) since it's cheap and before putting myself on a medication that causes birth defects (Accutane).

I bought the 12.5% since it was the recommended concentration for acneic skin. I was extremely surprised of the results. On the 1st day (12/2/2011) of applying it then several hours later of having neosporin on my face (it actually didn't hurt but I put it on to keep my face from drying out) and after washing it off, i could see the results already!! By the 5th day (12/6/2011), I started to see the flaking that people were talking about but I'm still so happy about the results. I'm quite satisfied with my skin right now and looking forward to doing the next session after the recommended two weeks. I was thinking that maybe I should up my concentration to 15%. But I feel bad about buying another one since my bottle is still pretty filled.

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

I have been using the Gorgeous peel from I'm Fabulous Cosmetics and I absolutely love this peel because it is safe, and there is no downtime. I got great results from it especially on my hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and acne scarring!

Reviewed on August 14, 2011

I'm Asian with sensitive skin so the TCA peel that I used was the 12.5% and I only did one layer.

At first I could see some of my scars fade away a little but after all my dry skin flaked off, I had new pimples, a lot of them.

Then a few weeks later, I started getting cyst pimples which I never had before in my life and eventually I kept getting cyst pimples on the same areas.

This product works well for many but if you have sensitive skin like mines, please ask a professional its proper for you. Right now I drink Green Tea and it works amazing.

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

I used hydroquinone for 3 months with ZERO results! I saw results in 2 weeks with this peel. I would repurchase, but it may not be necessary because 1/2 oz would last a lifetime if I'm only gonna use it only 3-4 times per year. I only spot treat for now. I just can't do my entire face without looking like a burn victim for 2 weeks. In the back of my mind, I fear that my skin would not heal properly and leave me with skin worse than what I have now... My supervisor asked if I was ok. He probably thought someone hit me in the eye.

Reviewed on May 28, 2011

I've used a 12.5% TCA solution for about 3 years and my skin has improved dramatically. Used twice per month, the peel helps prevent new acne, and lessens the appearance of scarring and fine lines. It's also great as a spot treatment for painful cysts and really speeds up healing, sometimes reducing swelling overnight. I highly recommend this peel, but start at a low percentage and work your way up. Using a small amount of emu oil immediately following a peel is very soothing to the skin and helps speed up peeling.

Reviewed on May 4, 2011

I took accutane to eliminate my acne all together and was left with scarring.I started out with 12.5%. for 3 months, moved up to 20% for 6 months and now Im doing 30% at home with no problem. My skin looks great. Not perfect, but a far cry from where I started. I haddark spots, dents from cystic acne on my cheeks. Its definately worth the time vested. Take your time though. Start with a low %. Everyones skin is different and Ive had friends who couldnt take the 20%. If you have scars, its the least expensive option and if you start with a low percentage than you have nothing to lose. And sense it helps with wrinkles too, I happend to look 10 years younger as well. good luck

Reviewed on March 11, 2011

I bought 15% from [link removed]. I've bought TCA from another site and it was much weaker...I think most sites online will try to sell you fake TCA or industrial grade, which is very dangerous. MUAC sells the real thing. I've used it four times now and one peel is the equivalent to four or five glycolic peels in terms of results. You don't see anything for a couple of weeks, then three to four weeks post-peel you see good results. It's a slow process, though, so please don't expect instantaneous results. TCA peel has helped with my rolling scars especially.