Page 4 of Tazorotene (Tazorac, Avage) reviews

3.5/5 - 587 reviews

Tazarotene (0.01% or 0.05%)and Benzyl alcohol.

Inactives Ingredients:
Carbomer 934P, carbomer 1342, edetate disodium, medium chain triglycerides, mineral oil, purified water, sodium thiosulfate, sorbitan monooleate and sodium hydroxide to adjust the pH.

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

I have used many Acne treatments over the years. This Tazarac, by far, is the best for my skin. I started using it June 2012 and after 9 months of use it has completely cleared up my problem. I get compliments ALL the time about how smooth & flawless it is! Before I had a lot of Acne scars and dark marks. This product used consistently with a non-irritating and salicylic cleanser will do the trick. To combat dryness, apply this product and wait about 45 mins & use a light moisturizer. The best!

Reviewed on March 16, 2013

I switched off Benzoyl peroxide and needed a new solution. I was put on Differin and a antibiotic but it did not work after about 2 months. I then went on Tazorac for about 2 weeks and did not see improvement. That was a huge mistake. After assuming Tazorac would not work I gave Differin a second chance for another month before giving up again. I read reviews that said Tazorac took a while so I have been on it for about 7 weeks using at night Aczone in morning along with Bactrim. Clears up slowly but I am almost completely clear! Defiantly

Reviewed on March 9, 2013

Try it if your derm offers it and you have an RX plan.

Reviewed on February 27, 2013

This product is the source of all my acne related problems. I had very mild acne when I was prescribed this product by my dermatologist, and after two months my skin was moderate and no matter what I do now, nothing will clear it up. The "purging process" lasted way more than the few weeks that the doctor said. I have cried way too many times over this stupid crap. DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE MILD ACNE.

Reviewed on January 19, 2013

This is not the choice for hormonal acne, and not my choice for topicals because it is so drying. My face would be dry and oily at the same time. Epiduo works better as a retinoid and is much less drying.

Reviewed on January 18, 2013

This stuff works so far. and you have no idea how happy I am to say that. I'm one of those people who have tried everything. I've given up makeup, I only drink water. Here is my regimen, I wash with a scrub that prevents black heads, moisturize and at night I wash again, put cerave moisturizure on and then only put tazorac on my cheeks, temples, and brows, I have HORRIBLE acne, I hate it, but this has been pulling up black heads and clearing them in record time. It's definitely worth a try.

Reviewed on January 12, 2013

As someone with crazily oily skin, Tazorac has been a godsend. It's the only thing I've ever tried that actually works! Sure, the painful stinging and flakiness totally sucks but fades over time. I also use in conjunction with BP and prescription clindamycin so I can't really attest to Tazorac's acne-fighting abilities. But it's made a huuuge difference for me oil control-wise.

Reviewed on December 10, 2012

I had mod to severe cystic acne and this cleared me completely and left me clear for 5 1/2 years. I had beautiful skin, I mean perfect with nothing but some microscopic blackheads no one but me could see. Then, overnight literally I got the worst acne I have ever had in my life. Definitely very severe. Not sure if this made my acne stronger while it was working or what. On accutane now at age 29....

Reviewed on November 28, 2012

this is my first review on this site, but figured this med is worth it. i used accutane a few times, with the last course being 8 yrs ago...i'm now 28. started to break out so wanted to nip it in the bud before it got worse. dr prescribed Tazorac...gave it 11 weeks, and with each week my face got worse and worse and worse...esp my chin. i know it works for some, but not me. i thought i was just going thru the "purging" pd, but i couldnt take it any more and after 2 months my derm told me to stop using it. now i'm dealing with all the marks this left on my face! I went from using conclear very rarley to cover the 1 or 2 zits I had, to now using it every day :( this med is awful. i would give this med a "zero", but 1 little happy face is the least you can rate. I'm now back to BP every night and trying zinc and B5 after reading some reviews on here.. i

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

the bottom line is this stuff works.

I had moderate to moderately severe acne. I had first surfaced in 8th grade when i was 13. It wasn't too bad until I hit my sophomore year. I had it spread out on forehead, neck, cheeks, chin, and back. I also had a lot of blackheads all over my nose.

For a while, the only treatment i used what over the counter topical medicines such as proactiv or clean and clear. None of them seemed to work and really tried out my skin. My junior year, my acne had gotten pretty bad, so my mom took me to a doctor and he prescribed tazorac cream 0.1 along with the antibiotic, doxycycline.

This was last December when i started. I would wake up take a shower to open up my pores. Right after the shower i would apply cetaphil moisturizer all over my face, directly followed by an application of tazorac all over my face (whether there was acne there or not). My face would feel very greasy right after this. I would also take one pill in the morning and one at night of the doxycycline. For the first couple of months, my face severly burned and itched. This sensation was lessened due to the moisturizer. I went through a "purging period," where I would have new pimples everyday all over my face. Thankfully, they would never stay too long. I expected this to happen, having been a reader of a lot of reviews, so I was not discouraged and continued to use this medication daily. After about 3 or 4 months, I noticed a severe decrease in acne. I stopped using the moisturizer at this time also because my skin had become used to the properties of tazorac and would not burn or itch anymore. It has been almost a year now and my face has never looked better in these last couple of years. There are usually one or two very small little zits but I dont mind them and they are barely noticeable. The only downside is that my blackheads are still present on my nose. Also, my face is always somewhat red, so i decided to start using sunscreen.