Page 4 of Tazorotene (Tazorac, Avage) reviews

3.5/5 - 584 reviews

Tazarotene (0.01% or 0.05%)and Benzyl alcohol.

Inactives Ingredients:
Carbomer 934P, carbomer 1342, edetate disodium, medium chain triglycerides, mineral oil, purified water, sodium thiosulfate, sorbitan monooleate and sodium hydroxide to adjust the pH.

Reviewed on February 27, 2013

This product is the source of all my acne related problems. I had very mild acne when I was prescribed this product by my dermatologist, and after two months my skin was moderate and no matter what I do now, nothing will clear it up. The "purging process" lasted way more than the few weeks that the doctor said. I have cried way too many times over this stupid crap. DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE MILD ACNE.

Reviewed on January 19, 2013

This is not the choice for hormonal acne, and not my choice for topicals because it is so drying. My face would be dry and oily at the same time. Epiduo works better as a retinoid and is much less drying.

Reviewed on January 18, 2013

This stuff works so far. and you have no idea how happy I am to say that. I'm one of those people who have tried everything. I've given up makeup, I only drink water. Here is my regimen, I wash with a scrub that prevents black heads, moisturize and at night I wash again, put cerave moisturizure on and then only put tazorac on my cheeks, temples, and brows, I have HORRIBLE acne, I hate it, but this has been pulling up black heads and clearing them in record time. It's definitely worth a try.

Reviewed on January 12, 2013

As someone with crazily oily skin, Tazorac has been a godsend. It's the only thing I've ever tried that actually works! Sure, the painful stinging and flakiness totally sucks but fades over time. I also use in conjunction with BP and prescription clindamycin so I can't really attest to Tazorac's acne-fighting abilities. But it's made a huuuge difference for me oil control-wise.

Reviewed on December 10, 2012

I had mod to severe cystic acne and this cleared me completely and left me clear for 5 1/2 years. I had beautiful skin, I mean perfect with nothing but some microscopic blackheads no one but me could see. Then, overnight literally I got the worst acne I have ever had in my life. Definitely very severe. Not sure if this made my acne stronger while it was working or what. On accutane now at age 29....

Reviewed on November 28, 2012

this is my first review on this site, but figured this med is worth it. i used accutane a few times, with the last course being 8 yrs ago...i'm now 28. started to break out so wanted to nip it in the bud before it got worse. dr prescribed Tazorac...gave it 11 weeks, and with each week my face got worse and worse and worse...esp my chin. i know it works for some, but not me. i thought i was just going thru the "purging" pd, but i couldnt take it any more and after 2 months my derm told me to stop using it. now i'm dealing with all the marks this left on my face! I went from using conclear very rarley to cover the 1 or 2 zits I had, to now using it every day :( this med is awful. i would give this med a "zero", but 1 little happy face is the least you can rate. I'm now back to BP every night and trying zinc and B5 after reading some reviews on here.. i

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

the bottom line is this stuff works.

I had moderate to moderately severe acne. I had first surfaced in 8th grade when i was 13. It wasn't too bad until I hit my sophomore year. I had it spread out on forehead, neck, cheeks, chin, and back. I also had a lot of blackheads all over my nose.

For a while, the only treatment i used what over the counter topical medicines such as proactiv or clean and clear. None of them seemed to work and really tried out my skin. My junior year, my acne had gotten pretty bad, so my mom took me to a doctor and he prescribed tazorac cream 0.1 along with the antibiotic, doxycycline.

This was last December when i started. I would wake up take a shower to open up my pores. Right after the shower i would apply cetaphil moisturizer all over my face, directly followed by an application of tazorac all over my face (whether there was acne there or not). My face would feel very greasy right after this. I would also take one pill in the morning and one at night of the doxycycline. For the first couple of months, my face severly burned and itched. This sensation was lessened due to the moisturizer. I went through a "purging period," where I would have new pimples everyday all over my face. Thankfully, they would never stay too long. I expected this to happen, having been a reader of a lot of reviews, so I was not discouraged and continued to use this medication daily. After about 3 or 4 months, I noticed a severe decrease in acne. I stopped using the moisturizer at this time also because my skin had become used to the properties of tazorac and would not burn or itch anymore. It has been almost a year now and my face has never looked better in these last couple of years. There are usually one or two very small little zits but I dont mind them and they are barely noticeable. The only downside is that my blackheads are still present on my nose. Also, my face is always somewhat red, so i decided to start using sunscreen.

Reviewed on October 12, 2012

it worked...took some time...may be like 2 weeks to see results....i use it with bactrim-generic...i think tazorac(0.1%) is the drug that is really doing the magic....but since tazorac could take upto 12 weeks to see results...this combination would like kick start the results i guess....

before this combo, i tried minocycline(2x100mg)/day with benzaclin in the am, tretinoin/differin before bed.....i have oily skin with moderately severe cystic acne on face...there would be like couple of them on face, when they settle down, another 2/3 in a different area of face would slowly show-up, also severe scalp acne, aka folliculitis...if you are an athlete like me, you know what i am talking about..caused by all the sweat..anyways...this would leave bad scars with big dark spots...mino with all these topicals never worked for me...i would work only when i am taking them...then my derm would tell me reduce the mino doasge...then within next 2 days..the acne would come back...so this was really not working for a long term basis...i took them for like 4/5 years...lost patience like million times during these years...changed 4 derms....they all kept prescribing the same combo and asked me to be patient.....eventually i changed derm...the new doctor immediately changed to bactrim(generic..too long name to type-in..lol) with tazorac....it is working because i started lowering my dose...and the acne has not come back yet...which wasnt the case with mino and its combo topicals....big relief.....i am scarred to go into accutane-generic b'cos of all the article i read....esp. the joint pains...joint pain are a big NO NO for weight lifters...

bottom line, this is a good drug to try out before accutane....please ask doctor for tazorac....tazorac is like the topical accutane...it works the same way as accutane with almost no serious side effects other than drying of skin...which skin gets used to in like a month..and drying is good foe people with oily skin...i hope this

Reviewed on September 14, 2012

Product works great!! You have to be patient with it. Your face will get worst before it gets better you will not see results right away. I would wash with Cereve morning and night. after washing my face in the morning i will use the acanya gel on the acne followed by the cereve am moisturizer and aveeno spf 15 or 30 even tone (cereve am moisturizer has spf 30 in it as well) At night wash with the cereve use the pm cereve moisturizer and spot check with tazorac...my face looks 100% better even the dark spots cleared up..i still continue to use tazorac on like 2 or 3 pimples that i feel under my skin..but when its time to pop the pimples they come out very easy. My insurance covered the prescription for the most part and my dermatologist gave me a coupon for it. i recommend tazorac and acanya gel.

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

didn't work for me and even increased my breakouts