Page 3 of Tazorotene (Tazorac, Avage) reviews

3.5/5 - 581 reviews

Tazarotene (0.01% or 0.05%)and Benzyl alcohol.

Inactives Ingredients:
Carbomer 934P, carbomer 1342, edetate disodium, medium chain triglycerides, mineral oil, purified water, sodium thiosulfate, sorbitan monooleate and sodium hydroxide to adjust the pH.

Reviewed on April 28, 2013

I am shocked to see the relatively low average rating for Tazorac, as this is the ONLY product that has helped my acne. I am 23 and have had moderate to severe acne since I was 12. I have tried the following products:

Over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide (from 2.5 to 10%)

Over-the-counter salicylic acid products

Prescription products:

Ortho tri-cyclen

Benzaclin

Retin-A (Tretinoin - highest strength available in USA)

Differin (Adapalene - highest strength available in USA)

Clindamycin

Doxycycline

Tetracycline

Tazorac is the ONLY product that has made a SIGNIFICANT improvement in my skin. Other products controlled it, but only Tazorac has really improved it. After about a month I noticed that I was no longer getting whiteheads or cysts. I also noticed that the overall quality of my skin improved and my scars were beginning to (slowly) fade. I am really surprised to see that it has low reviews but perhaps people are not waiting long enough to see an effect. In any case, if your dermatologist recommends it, I would strongly suggest this product.

Reviewed on April 26, 2013

I have had acne ever since the age of 13. I am not 21 years old! my skin is VERY oily. the first time i ever got prescribed something was my senior year of highschool and i was given Epiduo. It worked but i got used to it and suddenly stopped working. I went to my dermo a month ago and she gave me Tazorac cream for the night and cylndamycin phosphate for the morning. Thankfully i had NO side effects what so ever (peeling,redness,drying,flaking) I guess its because i have oily skin. I did get really bad breakouts, and i felt like the medication wasnt working. i still stuck in for the 4 week mark, because thats what the website said to do. and now im finally seeing improvement. I had mild acne and now i only ave one active breakout. Unfortunately because of the purging period, you will get more breakouts and more scars. but i have seen a significant amount of change in my scars as well.

Reviewed on April 21, 2013

my son has severe acne, cystic, and blackheads,

we have been using both Tria Blue light as well as spot treating new pimples with the tazorac gel.

after 6 weeks i compared the before pics to now, and we are seeing improvement. DEFinitely take before pics in natural light, because he still has a lot of blemishes, so didn't think it was working, then i showed him before next to now pics so then he saw that indeed, it was improving.

Reviewed on April 9, 2013

The bottomline is this. This did NOT work for me. I am 27 and have been dealing with adult acne for the past few years. I have tried everything you can think of. I understand this is a 12 week course and after that you skin should be amazing. That was not the case for me. In fact my skin has never looked so bad. I have been on this medicine for about 14 weeks. I just stopped it, did my research and have been using tea tree oil. TRY THIS STUFF. my skin has cleared up so fast and it has only been a week of using it on my face. Tazorc brings everything out in your face, it doesn't do much to clear it up, or stop it. Tea tree oil cleans out your pores and kills acne.

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

I have used many Acne treatments over the years. This Tazarac, by far, is the best for my skin. I started using it June 2012 and after 9 months of use it has completely cleared up my problem. I get compliments ALL the time about how smooth & flawless it is! Before I had a lot of Acne scars and dark marks. This product used consistently with a non-irritating and salicylic cleanser will do the trick. To combat dryness, apply this product and wait about 45 mins & use a light moisturizer. The best!

Reviewed on March 16, 2013

I switched off Benzoyl peroxide and needed a new solution. I was put on Differin and a antibiotic but it did not work after about 2 months. I then went on Tazorac for about 2 weeks and did not see improvement. That was a huge mistake. After assuming Tazorac would not work I gave Differin a second chance for another month before giving up again. I read reviews that said Tazorac took a while so I have been on it for about 7 weeks using at night Aczone in morning along with Bactrim. Clears up slowly but I am almost completely clear! Defiantly

Reviewed on March 9, 2013

Try it if your derm offers it and you have an RX plan.

Reviewed on February 27, 2013

This product is the source of all my acne related problems. I had very mild acne when I was prescribed this product by my dermatologist, and after two months my skin was moderate and no matter what I do now, nothing will clear it up. The "purging process" lasted way more than the few weeks that the doctor said. I have cried way too many times over this stupid crap. DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE MILD ACNE.

Reviewed on January 19, 2013

This is not the choice for hormonal acne, and not my choice for topicals because it is so drying. My face would be dry and oily at the same time. Epiduo works better as a retinoid and is much less drying.

Reviewed on January 18, 2013

This stuff works so far. and you have no idea how happy I am to say that. I'm one of those people who have tried everything. I've given up makeup, I only drink water. Here is my regimen, I wash with a scrub that prevents black heads, moisturize and at night I wash again, put cerave moisturizure on and then only put tazorac on my cheeks, temples, and brows, I have HORRIBLE acne, I hate it, but this has been pulling up black heads and clearing them in record time. It's definitely worth a try.