Tape Method reviews

3.6/5 - 10 reviews

Tape Method

Works in theory, not in practice.
Reviewed on May 29, 2015

I've used tape on my skin a few times to try to lift off dead skin, and it does lift of dead skin, and hairs -- you can see it on the tape -- but the residue that the glue leaves on your skin is not good. I find this to be more irritating for the skin than anything else. There are better ways to go about this that doesn't leave residual chemicals or irritate the hair follicles.

Reviewed on May 4, 2013

This is an essential item in my makeup bag - I wouldn't be without it! I hate how dead skin absorbs makeup so I always make sure to lift any dry bits up with tape. I use insulation tape (my personal favourite) - it's not overly sticky which is very important! I do not recommend ordinary Scotch/Sello tape - much too sticky and you might damage your skin.

Reviewed on January 5, 2012

I have really sensitive red skin so I was afraid this would irritate it more but it hasn't at all. I can't use lotion to get rid of my dry skin because I will break out so this is an awesome alternative. I use clear packing tape because it covers a large area and it's not TOO sticky so it doesn't hurt. I do it a couple times a week during the winter because the air is so dry. After , I use tweezers to get rid of the stray flakes left behind. This has seriously changed my life, my dry skin used to make my face look hairy if I wore makeup. I'm so happy now.

Anonymous
Reviewed on February 18, 2011

Aight. There's far better methods of getting rid off your facial hair, aswell as the dead skin cells. Cheaper ones too, and more eco friendly. You can buy exfoliants from any store. This one hurts and makes your skin red. Plus, you have no idea what's used in the tapes glue!

Reviewed on June 27, 2010

I thaught i was the only one to do this, i was suprised to find it. Ive been using tea tree oil it tends to dry out the areas that i use it on, it gets rid of the dead skin cells on the surface! After i apply vitamin 3 cream

Bob, Orange County, USA
Reviewed on June 25, 2009

The method does remove dead skin, but it seems tiring to cut strips of tape and then apply to face and remove. Also, there's more effective methods and don't consume so much time. Try AHA or a scrub, it's more effective.

Wendy, Toronto
Reviewed on April 9, 2009

Great for getting rid of excess skin, it's very cheap and affordable, and gentle as well.

pogo, San Diego CA
Reviewed on November 27, 2008

I only use packing tape to remove the scaly dead skin off, since most skin products are very drying. Works pretty well for that. I don't know why people try using it for blackheads though!

skidzl, Malaysia
Anonymous
Reviewed on September 9, 2007

I ran out of Biore nose strips so I thought about putting tape (scotch tape) on my nose. It took out a few blackheads but nothing compared to the actual strip. It just hurt.