Page 3 of Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream reviews

4.3/5 - 357 reviews

Brand: Sudocrem

Zinc oxide, EP 15.25, Benzyl alcohol, BP 0.39, Benzyl benzoate, BP 1.0, Benzyl cinnamate 0.15, Lanolin (hypoallergenic) 4.00.

All Other ingredients:
Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Paraffin wax, Microcrystalline wax, Heavy Liquid Paraffin, Synthetic Beeswax, Sorbitan sesquioleate, Propylene glycol, Antracine 54, Linalyl acetate, Lavender.

Sudocrem Antiseptic Cream. 4 Pack X 125g
updated: 03/06/2015 23:38 UTC

Use a quick fix...not a treatment
Reviewed on November 3, 2013

I have sudocrem on my spots for as long as I can remember, but it does not cure or prevent the acne at all. I use it on my angry red spots and blend it in to try to lessen the look of them but it usually just leaves me with a white stain. Good for spots that have been picked at or have bled, but I wouldn't use it as a treatment.

great for redness, but dries skin
Reviewed on August 7, 2013

I was told this really helps a lot with acne wounds, but because mine tended to scab, it wasn't suitable to use because this really dries out the skin. But, it is very effective in lightening the skin once the wound is gone and it has left only redness on the face. As soon as I noticed that, I tried using it on a reddish area and it cleared up during the night, no more redness!

Works well for me!
Reviewed on July 25, 2013

I've suffered with moderate acne on my face and chest for the past 15 years. Although the severity has lessened over time, I've only really got it under control in the past 6 months with sudocrem and a super gentle consistent routine.

I cleanse with cetaphil and warm water at night, then apply a thin layer of sudocrem before bed. As others have said it will leave white marks on your pillow so I have white pillowcases :)

Sudocrem is no miracle product (if there even is such a thing) but my skin has improved a lot since I started this routine 6 months ago. Breakouts have reduced to a couple of angry spots here and there and some very small whiteheads which is the best I can remember.

It might not be for everyone and for me it took a while to see any difference but it certainly works for me. Worth a try!

Not effective for large areas of skin
Reviewed on July 11, 2013

Sudocrem is honestly a quick fix, and not very effective at all for treating larger areas of pimples.

My friend suggested I try it when I started getting spots around my chin. It soothed the area and reduced the size of the spots for about a couple of days, but it didn't seem to diminish the acne or stop other spots from forming. It is also very thick, and can leave white patches if not washed off properly (it takes more than water to wash Sudocrem off). My skin was not able to breathe with this on, and due to the lack of improvement, I decided to stop using it.

It is also targeted towards other skin problems, such as eczema and bed rashes. It is not solely for acne, and will only soothe the area for a short period. I recommend this product to anybody who may suffer from the odd one or two spots, rather than acne. A cream derived specially for acne is better for those who wish to treat areas of stubborn spots.

A decent acne product.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

It's useful if you have a specific area that is very inflamed, but generally I find it much to thick, and quite drying with repeated use.

Makes a difference
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Sudocrem is great for healing large, red angry spots as it tends to make them less sore. So many other spot treatements have just dried out and damaged my skin so its great that I don't need to worry about that with sudocrem.

Great for healing broken skin
Reviewed on February 4, 2013

I used Sudocrem quite extensively during my battle with acne and it definitely come in handy.

Whenever I'd squeeze a spot, I'd dab a little on the spot and it would accelerate the healing process and also help prevent scabbing.

I also found Sudocrem helped reduce redness while on The Regimen. I would add a layer of Sudocrem before bed, on top of my moisturizer and in the morning, my face would be less red, vs having not used it.

Sudocrem can be a little drying, so it's important to moisturize well prior to application on your whole face.

This product will not block your pores.

Wonderful
Reviewed on June 5, 2013

I find that used at night in a relatively thick layer on the face over 3-4 days really helps to dry out my oily areas and reduce redness, and I've been using this for things like nappy rash etc since I was 2 or 3.

Not really a miracle.
Reviewed on June 5, 2013

After reading the reviews of this online I though I'd give it a go for my chest acne & back as it's so cheap. Unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me :-( At first I did think it was reducing the redness of the spots & causing them to dry out but it turns out it was just the whiteness of it. Worth a try though maybe!

Reviewed on May 28, 2013

Very effective at reducing redness. I don't tend to get that many big spots more often I have a group of smaller spots on nose/chin and general redness in those areas and it was the redness that made it obvious I had acne. The white colour of sudocrem makes the redness look instantly better but after wearing it for 1-2 hours and washing it off the skin still NO REDNESS (calmer skin, smaller bumps, no redness yay!). Also skin went from feeling oily to being dry (not flaky though just no longer oily). My acne after was barely noticeable just little slight bumps that go away with time. Also for the single big spots it reduces their size and redness but I find sudocrem slightly less effective on them. I try to find something more powerful for those buggers!

If you are worried about flaky dry skin probably don't wear it overnight, maybe put it on in the evening for a few hours and then moisturise afterwards. I don't use sudocrem regularly (it doesn't prevent spots just helps treat them - although it does help prevent oily skin on nose etc which could help prevent spots in that way) and idk if using it too often will have a drying effect on your skin. Basically I only use it when I have bad/red spots and put it on the affected area (no complete full face mask) and it works wonders for me!

Sudocrem is a must have for anyone I'd say. It says on the tub it treats rashes, eczema, surface wounds, sunburn, other minor burns, acne... Loads of stuff! Sudocrem has been around for AGES and the reason for that - it works! Plus whatever this amazing stuff is it's patented so there are no copies. Not that you need a cheap knockoff anyway sudocrem don't dress their tub up to look fancy so they can charge loads for it, they keep it cheap, which is great! Plus a tub of this really does seem to last forever haha!

Sorry for writing an essay

by Emma888 on 05/28/2013 08:05