Page 3 of Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream reviews

4.3/5 - 354 reviews

Brand: Sudocrem

Zinc oxide, EP 15.25, Benzyl alcohol, BP 0.39, Benzyl benzoate, BP 1.0, Benzyl cinnamate 0.15, Lanolin (hypoallergenic) 4.00.

All Other ingredients:
Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Paraffin wax, Microcrystalline wax, Heavy Liquid Paraffin, Synthetic Beeswax, Sorbitan sesquioleate, Propylene glycol, Antracine 54, Linalyl acetate, Lavender.

Sudocrem Antiseptic Cream. 4 Pack X 125g
updated: 12/20/2014 05:42 UTC

Not effective for large areas of skin
Reviewed on July 11, 2013

Sudocrem is honestly a quick fix, and not very effective at all for treating larger areas of pimples.

My friend suggested I try it when I started getting spots around my chin. It soothed the area and reduced the size of the spots for about a couple of days, but it didn't seem to diminish the acne or stop other spots from forming. It is also very thick, and can leave white patches if not washed off properly (it takes more than water to wash Sudocrem off). My skin was not able to breathe with this on, and due to the lack of improvement, I decided to stop using it.

It is also targeted towards other skin problems, such as eczema and bed rashes. It is not solely for acne, and will only soothe the area for a short period. I recommend this product to anybody who may suffer from the odd one or two spots, rather than acne. A cream derived specially for acne is better for those who wish to treat areas of stubborn spots.

A decent acne product.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

It's useful if you have a specific area that is very inflamed, but generally I find it much to thick, and quite drying with repeated use.

Makes a difference
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Sudocrem is great for healing large, red angry spots as it tends to make them less sore. So many other spot treatements have just dried out and damaged my skin so its great that I don't need to worry about that with sudocrem.

Great for healing broken skin
Reviewed on February 4, 2013

I used Sudocrem quite extensively during my battle with acne and it definitely come in handy.

Whenever I'd squeeze a spot, I'd dab a little on the spot and it would accelerate the healing process and also help prevent scabbing.

I also found Sudocrem helped reduce redness while on The Regimen. I would add a layer of Sudocrem before bed, on top of my moisturizer and in the morning, my face would be less red, vs having not used it.

Sudocrem can be a little drying, so it's important to moisturize well prior to application on your whole face.

This product will not block your pores.

Wonderful
Reviewed on June 5, 2013

I find that used at night in a relatively thick layer on the face over 3-4 days really helps to dry out my oily areas and reduce redness, and I've been using this for things like nappy rash etc since I was 2 or 3.

Not really a miracle.
Reviewed on June 5, 2013

After reading the reviews of this online I though I'd give it a go for my chest acne & back as it's so cheap. Unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me :-( At first I did think it was reducing the redness of the spots & causing them to dry out but it turns out it was just the whiteness of it. Worth a try though maybe!

Reviewed on May 28, 2013

Very effective at reducing redness. I don't tend to get that many big spots more often I have a group of smaller spots on nose/chin and general redness in those areas and it was the redness that made it obvious I had acne. The white colour of sudocrem makes the redness look instantly better but after wearing it for 1-2 hours and washing it off the skin still NO REDNESS (calmer skin, smaller bumps, no redness yay!). Also skin went from feeling oily to being dry (not flaky though just no longer oily). My acne after was barely noticeable just little slight bumps that go away with time. Also for the single big spots it reduces their size and redness but I find sudocrem slightly less effective on them. I try to find something more powerful for those buggers!

If you are worried about flaky dry skin probably don't wear it overnight, maybe put it on in the evening for a few hours and then moisturise afterwards. I don't use sudocrem regularly (it doesn't prevent spots just helps treat them - although it does help prevent oily skin on nose etc which could help prevent spots in that way) and idk if using it too often will have a drying effect on your skin. Basically I only use it when I have bad/red spots and put it on the affected area (no complete full face mask) and it works wonders for me!

Sudocrem is a must have for anyone I'd say. It says on the tub it treats rashes, eczema, surface wounds, sunburn, other minor burns, acne... Loads of stuff! Sudocrem has been around for AGES and the reason for that - it works! Plus whatever this amazing stuff is it's patented so there are no copies. Not that you need a cheap knockoff anyway sudocrem don't dress their tub up to look fancy so they can charge loads for it, they keep it cheap, which is great! Plus a tub of this really does seem to last forever haha!

Sorry for writing an essay

by Emma888 on 05/28/2013 08:05
I actually paid £2
Reviewed on February 19, 2013

This is good to help heal individual spots and prevent them from scarring but I wouldnt call it a miracle product that some people think it is.

Reviewed on January 5, 2013

I find the sudocrem does reduce redness dramatically, however I although it does get rid of some sports due to its drying nature acting against sebum, it doesn't actually make acne stay gone for long and I have noticed that it can cause more little sports to appear (may be due to its thickness?) However I have been following Dan's regime and instead of using a moisturiser or glycolic acid I've supplemented it with sudocrem and I've seen wonders so far, I just hope it continues! Try it out!

Reviewed on December 23, 2012

I read the tub of Sudocrem and was surprised to find out it cures Acne. I'm going through a rough time with my skin and found that Sudocrem is effective in reducing spot size and helps get rid of spot marks! I would recommend wearing it at night and be sure to put a towel on your cushion before you sleep because it will rub off our face when your sleeping. Give it a go, whats the worst that could happen? :)