Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream reviews

4.3/5 - 386 reviews

Brand: Sudocrem

Key Ingredients:
Zinc oxide, EP 15.25, Benzyl alcohol, BP 0.39, Benzyl benzoate, BP 1.0, Benzyl cinnamate 0.15, Lanolin (hypoallergenic) 4.00.

All Other ingredients:
Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Paraffin wax, Microcrystalline wax, Heavy Liquid Paraffin, Synthetic Beeswax, Sorbitan sesquioleate, Propylene glycol, Antracine 54, Linalyl acetate, Lavender.

Miracle worker
Reviewed on May 8, 2017

I have been using sudocrem for about 6 or 7 months now and it does work! I apply a think mask on my face and any other part of my body with spots every night. The amount of acne I have is now very little and any breakout doesn't take long to disappear. It also helps reduce the pain and redness some spots may cause.

It took me one night to see little changes, but a big improvement requires a few months.

flattens and calms breakouts
Reviewed on May 1, 2017

I use this at night after cleansing my face and just use a Q-tip to apply a small amount to any spots that I have, I then just pat it into my face using my finger and leave it on for around half an hour. you could leave it on longer but I remove it after a while so I can continue the rest of my skin routine. it really helps to calm any breakouts you may have and reduces the amount of time it takes for spots to heal, I've also noticed I get less hyper pigmentation left over after breakouts when I use this and I think its because the spots are less inflamed and sore. I really do recommend giving this a go.

Best for angry skin
Reviewed on April 20, 2017

I have used sudocrem for YEARS, all throughout my acne 'journey'. It's great if you have a particularly angry spot or if you've squeezed or picked at something. Applying it overnight helps to bring down the redness and for me, it speeds up healing. Also, if you're prone to pick when you shouldn't (like me) then this can be a great deterrent. Generally, when I get home from work I'll take off my make up and spot treat my skin with this. This stops me from touching my skin so much because I know touching it will rub the sudocrem off. Plus it's cheap!!!

good for red marks, bumps and inflamed skin but doesnt prevent future spots so not long term
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

I started using this two weeks ago. Immediately noticed a positive effect.

I have hormone (PCOS) related acne with about 10-15 medium spots on my face, often clustered together in a couple of areas along with a lot of red marks from fading previous spots (Hyperpigmentation)

I apply this in the affected areas about once or twice a day and rub in as much as i can to take the white sheen off. I found that it is great for:

helping a generally inflamed patch of skin calm down

healing spots *once they come to a head* like making the bump turn flat

fading hyperpigmentation

it doesnt dry out my skin like salicylic acid would

HOWEVER it does nothing to prevent spots actually coming as far as I can see. I am still getting about 1 new spot each day as I was before, which means I feel like I'm just piling more and more and more on each day. It helps heal but not prevent.

Im now looking into more herbal remedies to help in the long run as after this i feel like ive pretty much tried every product for my skin....

by 760t1988 on 07/12/2017 09:32
Try Vitex (chasteberry) it should help with the acne and PCOS. It takes a while to work, but it really works.
by 760t1988 on 07/12/2017 09:32
Shrinks inflamed spots, speeds up healing from irriataion, but does nothing for comedonal acne
Reviewed on March 12, 2017

I have used this a few times on areas of skin irritation, and inflamed acne spots. It does leave a white residue, but I tend to just pop a bit on then wipe the residue off to some extent after about an hour. I don't have alot of inflamed acne, which is what I think sudocrem is best for. It shrunk these spots, and really helped heal up bumps from scratching on my body (I know terrible, but it only occurs rarely!). PS. If you get any form of irritation such as chafing it's great for that too!

I have tried this on comedonal acne, but it really did absolutely nothing for it. However, I have kept this product for its other uses. Definitely reccomend for use as a spot treatment for inflamed acne, as it does also help take away the redness in a matter of days.

Excellent on existing spots but not for prevention
Reviewed on March 10, 2017

Once I feel a spot coming up, I will put this on it at night. I find that it draws the gunk up to the surface of the skin quicker than when I don't use it. It's of no use preventing new spots though.

REMEMBER TO WASH AND DRY FACE BEFORE APPLICATION & AFTER WIPING OFF
Reviewed on January 24, 2017

I don't have the worst acne but everyday I had red marks/scars/spots on my face and my skin was generally awful and would never properly clear up. I used a thin layer of sudocrem over night on my forehead, washing with warm water and drying before applying. I woke up, wiped it off with a tissue, again washed my face with warm water and saw an unreal difference, I've tried creams/lotions/face washes recommended by doctors and nothing came close to this.

2 days in
Reviewed on December 7, 2016

2 days of using this and the results are noticeable. Hoping it keeps working!

try somaluxe instead
Reviewed on September 23, 2016

I had hyperpigmentation AND blotchy skin - and really feel the Somaluxe Moisturizer is starting to make a difference. I am a 37 year old woman and have been very unhappy with my skin for quite awhile now. I have continued with daily use of the Somaluxe Moisturizer and my skin is looking so much brighter and fresher, I've even had afew compliments telling me I look healthier and fresh. My hyperpigmentation has started to break up a little bit, giving me little dotted about patches of normal skin tone, so I'm hoping afew more weeks down the line that it will of more or less cleared up. Fingers crossed.

by Fellowyogi on 01/30/2017 14:53
Have you tried Sudocream then or not?
Did not work out for me
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

Seemed to block my hyperseborrheic pores. Stopped after a couple of days.