Overall rating: 3.6 / 5

Average price: $531.78

Most helpful review

By optimist_smiley, east cost on 07/27/2011
thumbnail

I have a couple of dented rolling scars from acne and boxcar scars from chicken pox. I had just one subcision on both these scars. Rolling scars responded really well. I'd say about 80% improvement. Don't expect to see the results immediately. It takes time for the skin to level up. Give it about 2 months time to work. Downtime is 2-3 days. For working folks, you could return to work on Monday if you have the procedure on Friday. There are several positive and negative reviews about subcision in this forum which are posted under a week after the procedure. Anything under a month is too early. Scars could look better or worse during this period due to swelling. Boxcar scars, IMO, showed 0% improvement. But I'm still giving this procedure 5 rating as I was fully aware that boxcar scars wouldn't respond. The $700 that I paid included consultation fee from an earlier visit and excision of ice pick scars. This combo was way cheaper than the price my doctor quoted for lasers ($3K+)..

Pros:
  • Works amazingly well on rolling and dented scars.
Cons:
  • Does not work on boxcar scars.

57 out of 85 people found this review helpful