Page 2 of Subcision reviews

3.6/5 - 23 reviews

Reviewed on March 17, 2009

I had subcision and the TCA Cross Method performed on my rolling and ice pick scars today by my dermatologist.

After doing a lot of research on the internet, I decided that these two treatments were the best ones for my type of scarring.

I found a terrific dermatologist five minutes from my home who was very gracious and understanding and explained everything very thoroughly to me.

Reviewed on July 28, 2008

A very effective option if you have depressed scars oversmall areas. The only discomfort was the injections used to numb the areas that were to be 'subscisioned',and possibly the sound of the connecting tissues being cut, since you know its your own face but can't see or feel a thing!

I'm very fair, so the blue marks on my face looked as if I'd been bashed in a street fight, but it took just 3 days to subside. I didn't need any of the painkillers that the doc gave me. The swelling took atleast 4 days to reduce. Now its been 9 days since the surgeru, and only the injection/needle puncture marks are very slightly visible, which infact look like old acne scars. The ice pick scars have gone totally, and I heard that the whole treated area looks even better after a month.

Definetely worth it, if you have a good doctor.

Reviewed on March 27, 2008

I have only had one so far and am due to go back for the second treatment next week. My doctor thought I would need 3-4. It looked much smoother right away but now that it has healed from the first treatment I only see a slight improvement. I would like to combine these with a laser resurfacing, but on reading the laser treatment reviews on another page I am more confused than ever. I had been reading about Fraxel and how it was currently considered the most effective treatment for acne scars, it shocked me to read so many bad reviews.

Reviewed on March 21, 2008

I went ahead and purchased 100 nokor needles and have been doing my own subcision. This is serious stuff. Dificult positions and bloody etc. I can tell it works but I think best left to a surgeon.

Reviewed on January 20, 2008

I've had a hard time finding Doctors that perform said procedure. ASK QUESTIONS! Make sure your physician is qualified and experienced. Also...I would avoid fat transfers. There isn't any controlling how much fat takes..or where. I had fat transfer done years ago...and the dr. truely made things worse. Although, it's not noticeable to anyone but me...it's bothersome. Fat CANNOT be removed for fear of causing facial paralysis. Just factors to keep in mind.

Subcision appears to work on rolling scars and deep wrinkles. Google the brands given above, and they'll show you how operation is performed. Possible to use fillers after tx. To avoid the flesh to reattach with depression. Fillers absorb over time.

The Dr. I found, performs the procedure at $700 base, and $100 per extra area performed.

I will have more information once I see the physician that performs the operation. That's in about 4 days.

Good Luck

Reviewed on January 11, 2008

It doesn't hurt although it left some mark for a few days. Very effective and I would say my scar improved at least 60%. Highly recommneded.

Reviewed on December 19, 2007

Overall, a good treatment. Just expect to look like you have acne again for a while afterwards.

Reviewed on November 3, 2007

I have been performing subcision myself to 2 depressed rolling scars on my forehead and nose. I have done the procedure about 4 times now, and each time there has been an improvement..to the extent that the one on my nose is not now noiticeable with makeup. It was a case of trial and error, I dont think I was doing it right the first couple of times, as I didnt hear the'clicking' sound that you are supposed to hear. I would recommend this procedure absolutely.

Reviewed on September 14, 2007

Everyones skin accepts treatments differently. What works well for some may not work for others. Hard to find a good Doc in CT willing to even attempt to help, especially scaring on the back!

Reviewed on August 3, 2007

bottom line is that it is too risky to take a chance to either make your scars a little better or a lot wrost