Page 3 of Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free reviews

3.7/5 - 56 reviews

Brand: Stridex

Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free

Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w).

Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength, 90 ea
updated: 05/22/2015 07:25 UTC
Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength 90 ea
updated: 05/22/2015 07:25 UTC

Reviewed on August 10, 2010

Background: I have regular acne problems since 15 and even now I have regular breakouts (say around 4-5 noticeable ones every week) and VERY oily skin that my mobile gets oily after each use and will require at least 2 blotting papers every 2-3 hours in summer (oil not sweat)

Comment: After the +ve reviews on acne.org forum, managed to get some from internet and tried for a week now. It works prefectly on my skin, even though it did dry my skin around the mouth area the very first use but it was all good after the second but a moisturiser is a must with this product i guess. Since i heard people saying this could dry out my skin, therefore i only use 1 pad per day after work/going out (i always feels like i could get dirt n germs after going out), the whole "jar" cost AUD9.00 including postage with 90 pads so it costs only $3.00 per month to me and this looks like a perfect solution so far.

p.s. for those who cant find this products, try the largest online auction site - [link removed] and you should able to get from there~ good luck

Reviewed on July 24, 2010

its cheap, but it works because i have really oily skin

it helps clear up acne pretty quickly because it just dries up everything

i tried a lot of products before and i still had a lot of acne, this is the only thing that works

Reviewed on October 3, 2009

This product did nothing for me. I used it when I had mild acne, and it never made a difference. I still developed pimples with the same frequency. I think that the main ingredient, salicylic acid, is an anti-inflammatory, so it probably just makes things less red for a little while, not less infected.

Reviewed on August 20, 2009

its good when used with other products to clear up acne, it works great for getting off oils on your face because you can see it on the pad after your done

Reviewed on August 6, 2009

Stridex will work on mild to moderate acne, as long as u don't use too much.

Reviewed on August 3, 2009

i wouldnt use them as your main medication, but in conjunction with other things they work very well. if you have light acne, dont use them! these are for moderate acne cases only as they can be pretty harsh.

Reviewed on June 29, 2009

Pretty cheap, very effective for me. I put them on my face and let them sit until dry; this has worked wonders for me, and has left my skin less irritated than most creams. However, as far as I've noticed, it does very little along the lines of prevention, but helps clear up already-present acne rather efficiently. You must let them sit for it to work though; using them as described on the back of product hasn;t helped me.

Side-note- if your skin becomes irriated or flaky, STOP.. this hasn't happened to me, so if this were to occurr, you obviously have a different skin type, and it'd be foolish to continue.

Reviewed on June 15, 2009

It is a great product and totally worth everything!

Reviewed on March 22, 2009

i guess this works for some people, but for me, it makes my skin feel irritated. it puts a layer of scummy residue on my face that makes me dry and constricted and has me immediately wash with soap and moisturize.