Page 2 of Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free reviews

3.7/5 - 53 reviews

Brand: Stridex

Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w).

Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength, 90 ea
updated: 12/19/2014 22:31 UTC
Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength 90 ea
updated: 12/19/2014 22:31 UTC

Reviewed on February 7, 2012

Had no effect on my face at all. Didn't cause dryness or irritation, but didn't help get rid of breakouts or prevent new ones. Useless product imo.

Reviewed on August 9, 2011

If you work out or run and sweat, this should prevent the grime from your exercise causing you to break out till you can take a shower or cleanse your face.

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

While on this product I was using Oxy 10% bp wash and my skin was still pretty bad. Then once I stopped Oxy and only used this, my skin was REALLY bad. I was also using a moisturizer.

This is a good product if you have very light-moderate acne.

Reviewed on June 29, 2011

After trying many products, I determined Salicylic Acid doesn't help my acne (BP does though). I could see this helping light acne.

Reviewed on May 22, 2011

I loved this! It does work for me but it did

dry up my skin even though i have oily skin. So i only use it every 3 days. I recommend it!

Reviewed on January 8, 2011

I use these only periodically when my skin is at its worst. It helps clear up pimples faster than without treatment. However, it dries my skin too much for me to use daily.

What I do is wash my face, gently rub these pads over the worst acne, and go to bed. Don't use the pads to "scrub." Use gently to apply the medication. Moisturizing is up to you. I hate having a chemical cornucopia on my face, so I don't moisturize when I use this.

Reviewed on September 7, 2010

Good product that has cleared me up better than most others I have tried, including Dan's Regimen.

It didn't clear me up as much as I would like but it is a good product that is inexpensive and easy to use with little side effects (if you have oily skin)

Reviewed on August 10, 2010

Background: I have regular acne problems since 15 and even now I have regular breakouts (say around 4-5 noticeable ones every week) and VERY oily skin that my mobile gets oily after each use and will require at least 2 blotting papers every 2-3 hours in summer (oil not sweat)

Comment: After the +ve reviews on acne.org forum, managed to get some from internet and tried for a week now. It works prefectly on my skin, even though it did dry my skin around the mouth area the very first use but it was all good after the second but a moisturiser is a must with this product i guess. Since i heard people saying this could dry out my skin, therefore i only use 1 pad per day after work/going out (i always feels like i could get dirt n germs after going out), the whole "jar" cost AUD9.00 including postage with 90 pads so it costs only $3.00 per month to me and this looks like a perfect solution so far.

p.s. for those who cant find this products, try the largest online auction site - [link removed] and you should able to get from there~ good luck

Reviewed on July 24, 2010

its cheap, but it works because i have really oily skin

it helps clear up acne pretty quickly because it just dries up everything

i tried a lot of products before and i still had a lot of acne, this is the only thing that works