Page 2 of Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free reviews

3.7/5 - 57 reviews

Brand: Stridex

Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free

Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w).

Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength, 90 ea
updated: 07/08/2015 01:18 UTC
Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength 90 ea
updated: 07/08/2015 01:18 UTC

Good for oily skin.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I used these when I had very oily skin. It kept my oil at bay, and made my skin feel fresh. However, now that my skin is sensitive and dry, I cannot use these. I however LOVE the Stridex brand Pads. The sensitive ones are amazing. Better than these I even think. This version did although help clear my acne on my forehead.

Reviewed on May 1, 2013

Combined with popping the pimples (and extracting all the pus) with a metal tool this brought my mild-moderate acne down to a minimum within 2 weeks. It is almost completely gone and i am very happy with the results. On it's own it doesn't work well, with a scrub it works ok but it's slow. Can't give 5 stars as it doesn't work well on it's own.

Reviewed on October 30, 2012

i would recommend this to anyone who simply doesnt like using BP because of all of its downsides (dry/flaky skin, bleaching fabrics, length of time it takes to apply, etc.). This is a good product that is very quick and easy to use after cleansing and before moisturizing. i have mild acne and it works great for keeping my face pretty clear. Only real downside is that i dont think it would really work if you have severe acne (cysts and lots of pustules/papules). I randomly got one cyst right before i started using this product and it just doesnt seem to do anything for it at all. i eventually had to resort to popping the cyst and now it just is taking forever to fully heal (like cysts generally do if popped). I would definitely recommend this for anyone with mild-moderate acne. much better than using BP in my opinion. overall a good product but you need to use a gentle cleanser to clean your face before applying, and moisturizer is a must afterwards because of dryness.

Reviewed on July 17, 2012

I've been breaking out pretty badly whenever I shaved, sometimes it got better, other times it got so inflammed I just wasnt able to look at myself. I got rid of all of my acne but then my beard spot was the only place that made me self conscious.

I kept using oxy pads, noxema, any acne pads and they didn't work. Later I realized that alcohol isnt good for acne prone areas because of irritation, despite it getting rid of bacteria and such, so I tried these alcohol free pads. All you really need is salicylic acid. It works wonders. I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed on February 7, 2012

Had no effect on my face at all. Didn't cause dryness or irritation, but didn't help get rid of breakouts or prevent new ones. Useless product imo.

Reviewed on August 9, 2011

If you work out or run and sweat, this should prevent the grime from your exercise causing you to break out till you can take a shower or cleanse your face.

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

While on this product I was using Oxy 10% bp wash and my skin was still pretty bad. Then once I stopped Oxy and only used this, my skin was REALLY bad. I was also using a moisturizer.

This is a good product if you have very light-moderate acne.

Reviewed on June 29, 2011

After trying many products, I determined Salicylic Acid doesn't help my acne (BP does though). I could see this helping light acne.

Reviewed on May 22, 2011

I loved this! It does work for me but it did

dry up my skin even though i have oily skin. So i only use it every 3 days. I recommend it!

Reviewed on January 8, 2011

I use these only periodically when my skin is at its worst. It helps clear up pimples faster than without treatment. However, it dries my skin too much for me to use daily.

What I do is wash my face, gently rub these pads over the worst acne, and go to bed. Don't use the pads to "scrub." Use gently to apply the medication. Moisturizing is up to you. I hate having a chemical cornucopia on my face, so I don't moisturize when I use this.