Stridex Maximum Pads with Salicylic Acid, Alcohol Free reviews

3.7/5 - 53 reviews

Brand: Stridex

Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w).

Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength, 90 ea
updated: 10/01/2014 08:39 UTC
Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid, Maximum Strength 90 ea
updated: 10/01/2014 08:39 UTC

decent choice for drugstore salicylic acid
Reviewed on June 11, 2014

I use this over other salicylic products for these reasons: does not contain alcohol, it is at the correct pH to be effective, it is not a rinse-off product, it is inexpensive and easy to find. I don't find it to be overly drying, but some people may find it irritating. I find that it keeps my skin smoother and clearer than when I don't use it.

way better than expected! !
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

Ok I am in my middle 30's n have chin acne. Have for months. So decided lets just try this .nothing has help from soaps, to scrubs and even vitamins. Let me say they first two weeks I did breakout. But after the third week...its unbelievable. I have none. Wished I tryed this months ago. Just b patience. Like I said u will breakout before it gets better. Love this. Would recommend this to everyone to try...

Works with consistency
Reviewed on March 9, 2014

I normally use these every morning and night, sometimes more, and I feel like they do work for me. However, it requires consistency because if I skip one day I will break out again, and it doesn't ever clear all of my pimples. I also use a benzoyl peroxide acne treatment with this product, and when I use both everyday my skin is almost 100% clear. :) Moisturization is required as well.

Good but not for me
Reviewed on February 18, 2014

It did not help my acne on my face much. It just made it dry and itchy however I would recommend other people to at least try it. It is a pretty good price for the amount you get. I use this for my chest and back and it helps a lot so I'm guessing it does not suit my skin type on my face.

Good
Reviewed on December 25, 2013

Hurt really bad when my acne was more severe, but it's all good now. It feels tingly when I put it on. I think it helps, but I started using vinegar and lemon around the same time so it could be that instead.

Wonderful!
Reviewed on December 10, 2013

I've been using this product for a few years now, around 2010. I stopped in the summer of last year, because I thought my acne was getting worse. Then when I came to college, I needed something that would clean my face quickly, so I went back to the stridex pads. These are so quick and easy, they don't really burn, and you can take them anywhere with you. They're great for going to the gym, and work fairly well on the back or chest.

I started using the stridex pads with the regime, and it's worked wonders! I have been on the regime for maybe one, two months, and I only get tiny pimples on my forehead or by jawline. I use the stridex pads with the neutrogena benzoyl peroxide, and olay all day UV face cream for moisturizer. You can get both of these at any drug store. Whenever I go home, my family and friends compliment me on how my skin has gotten so much better.

Good for oily skin.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I used these when I had very oily skin. It kept my oil at bay, and made my skin feel fresh. However, now that my skin is sensitive and dry, I cannot use these. I however LOVE the Stridex brand Pads. The sensitive ones are amazing. Better than these I even think. This version did although help clear my acne on my forehead.

Reviewed on May 1, 2013

Combined with popping the pimples (and extracting all the pus) with a metal tool this brought my mild-moderate acne down to a minimum within 2 weeks. It is almost completely gone and i am very happy with the results. On it's own it doesn't work well, with a scrub it works ok but it's slow. Can't give 5 stars as it doesn't work well on it's own.

Reviewed on October 30, 2012

i would recommend this to anyone who simply doesnt like using BP because of all of its downsides (dry/flaky skin, bleaching fabrics, length of time it takes to apply, etc.). This is a good product that is very quick and easy to use after cleansing and before moisturizing. i have mild acne and it works great for keeping my face pretty clear. Only real downside is that i dont think it would really work if you have severe acne (cysts and lots of pustules/papules). I randomly got one cyst right before i started using this product and it just doesnt seem to do anything for it at all. i eventually had to resort to popping the cyst and now it just is taking forever to fully heal (like cysts generally do if popped). I would definitely recommend this for anyone with mild-moderate acne. much better than using BP in my opinion. overall a good product but you need to use a gentle cleanser to clean your face before applying, and moisturizer is a must afterwards because of dryness.

Reviewed on July 17, 2012

I've been breaking out pretty badly whenever I shaved, sometimes it got better, other times it got so inflammed I just wasnt able to look at myself. I got rid of all of my acne but then my beard spot was the only place that made me self conscious.

I kept using oxy pads, noxema, any acne pads and they didn't work. Later I realized that alcohol isnt good for acne prone areas because of irritation, despite it getting rid of bacteria and such, so I tried these alcohol free pads. All you really need is salicylic acid. It works wonders. I definitely recommend it.