Page 5 of Stievamycin Tretinoin and Erythromycin Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 166 reviews

Stievamycin Mild Gel
Tretinoin (0.01%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

Inactive ingredients:
BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Stievamycin Gel
Tretinoin (0.025%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Reviewed on November 6, 2009

This is my 9th week using Stievamycin (I use 0.025%) and I seem to go through this cycle

Clear skin

Redness and dryness

Small breakout

Back to clear skin

(repeat)

My doctor told me to use constantly except when it's red and dry. I was really happy at first but because of all the redness I'm not so sure. Although the box told me to continue using and also said it takes months for it to fully work. But because I had such good results the first time, I'm going to continue using for another 3-4 months and if my face keeps turning red then I'll have to use something else. But I have to admit, Stievamycin has been the most effective out of all the acne medicine I have used (ProActive, various Clearasil products, Neutrogena), Tretinon has been much more effective on acne than Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic acid. Worked much faster too, but results vary with different people. If you are using this and you're experiencing similar symptoms, just hold on and keep using. Hope thi

Reviewed on November 5, 2009

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS , I did not get results until I read the instructions and used it properly, the main points are that you have to wash your face and let it dry completley for about 10 minutes, do not put on any other moisturizer , wash your hands, apply a THIN layer to your face (more is not better), avoid eye area and around lips, then wash your hands again. Brush and floss your teeth before you put it on because it creates a tight mask like effect on your face. Wash with a gentle cleanser in the morning. Do not use with many other acne products at the same time, example scrubs , masks, etc, unless your doctor told you to because it will likely dry your skin out alot.While using this gel, I always used a night cream around my eyes because the skin is so delicate. Also, be careful not to get it on or around your mouth because it tastes bad and if you swallow alot of it you may get an upset stomach.

The trick with this stuff, is patience I think, the results are not insta

Reviewed on October 30, 2009

You must use it constantly to avoid setbacks. Works better than clindoxyl gel. Progress isn't what I hoped for, though. Still not close to getting rid of my acne altogether.

Reviewed on October 23, 2009

This products works kinda fast, i use it alogn with Indoxyl and Normaderm, and together they work marvelously

Reviewed on October 2, 2009

Don't use if you don't want dark spots. The only impovement is makes bumps smaller, but it looks much worse than it is. The dark spots are hard to cover up. Hoping they don't scar and go away

Reviewed on September 22, 2009

I don't have sever acne but I get alot of pimples around my chin and it gets really bad at times. I tried Proactive and it made it worse. This is the only thing that worked for me. It takes away the redness of existing marks too :)

Reviewed on September 1, 2009

This medication helped me have clear skin throughout my teenage years without any notable side effects.

Reviewed on July 17, 2009

must use consistently. don't use cover up or any other moisturizers or skin products on affected area(s). this makes skin worse and makes progress slower. (says on instructions)

Reviewed on July 14, 2009

Burns, not for everyone, but works