Page 3 of Stievamycin Tretinoin and Erythromycin Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 167 reviews

Stievamycin Mild Gel
Tretinoin (.01%) and Erythromycin (4%).

Inactive ingredients:
BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Stievamycin Gel
Tretinoin (.025%) and Erythromycin (4%).

BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Reviewed on January 14, 2011

Ive been using Stivamycin for over 7 years ,over the past 3 years ive used it on and off because my acne does not seem as active as it use to be when I was in high school. Now in my 20's I have very mild acne with one or two pimples that might come up during my period. The main reason why i like this product so much ,is that 2 years ago I started getting facial hair on one side of my that would leave scars after plucking out the hairs. I am black ,with a darker complexion (similar to Fantasia the singer) , and i was really trying to avoid using any bleaching cream to get rid of the scars. After getting lazer hair removal I used stevamycin to faded all my scars,it took abouth 8 weeks . I use this product around 4- 5 times a weeks,with the neutrogena blackhead scrub in the morning to get rid of the film on my face,then a facial lotion on my face .The other 2 nights i will use a very deep moistorizer such as or Palmers cocoa butter or Bio-Oil .This is due to the fact that i find my mouth area get dry because of the medication. Bottom line: Product is good for mild to moderate acne, but excellent at fading darks scars. Hope this review was helpful

Reviewed on November 2, 2010

Ok guys. I've had acne since I was 11 and I can safely say that I've tried everything BUT accutane. I was somewhat skeptical about this product since I've tried so many things but you know what? I think patience is all you need with this product. Don't get me wrong here. I'm not flawless or anything yet, but this product cleared my acne up by about...85-90%. Now I'm just waiting for my scars to go away. As of now, I've been using this for about 2 months and if you pretend my scars don't exist, then my fact would be almost completely clear!. Oh about the initial breakout, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was a couple weeks of more acne, but it wasn't a huge difference. Please try this guys.

Reviewed on October 23, 2010

This is a great product. Stievamycin didn't get rid of my acne entirely, but it certainly helped to keep it to a minimum. It causes your face to feel very tight and dry in the beginning, but your skin should begin to adapt to it and it contains ingredients that help fade scars as well.

Reviewed on October 11, 2010

USE SOLAR PROTECTION 50%!!! IF YOU DONT USE, YOU WILL GET BLACK SPOTS!

Reviewed on October 7, 2010

It seems to work. I've been using it for about 2 years now. you need to use it consistently and I recommend the regular. the mild didn't do as much for me. pair it with spectro jel because it is pretty strong and Spectro is a gentle cleanser.

Reviewed on September 23, 2010

People stop complaining about things like flaky skin and more active acne, that's what this stuff does. It sheds of the layers of your skin to reveal acne. So, it does work. Just suck it up.

Bottom line is, this stuff works. You gotta keep using it though.

Reviewed on August 29, 2010

i was prescribed this, diane 35 and minocycline by my doctor almost six months ago, i stopped using this product because i realized it did more harm then good. from the first week i started using it, it made my skin extremely dry and flaky. i couldn't put on cover up because my skin would flake. after about four-five months of using it, my face cleared up. but i don't credit stieva for it. i am left with read spot scars all over my cheeks. i stopped using stieva for a few days and realized the scars were slowly fading. i blame stieva for the scars that i now have to live with.

Reviewed on July 30, 2010

I have tried numerous acne "cures" and this was my last effort before going on a course of Accutane. It has made my skin %95 better in just a week! I notice it getting better little by little everyday. I wash my face with spectro gel for acne prone skin and apply steivamycin before bed(only on problem areas) I never had the initial breakout that some have so that is a plus for me. If you want clear skin but dont want to injest potentially crippling drugs try this, it really works :)