Stievamycin Tretinoin and Erythromycin Gel

Recommended by 83% of visitors

Average price: $16.07

Most helpful review

By Alyssa, Ontario, Canada on 05/27/2012

If you have health insurance, go for this product. It's worth a try, and I'm so happy with my results so far!.

Pros:
  • No new acne since starting
  • Areas that have peeled already look amazing
  • Blackheads are visibly disappearing
  • Cheap price
  • More even skin tone
Cons:
  • The smell burns the nose and eyes while applying it
  • Skin peels, but you can ex-foliate all of the dead skin away in the morning

12 out of 19 people found this review helpful

Stievamycin Mild Gel
Tretinoin (0.01%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

Inactive ingredients:
BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Stievamycin Gel
Tretinoin (0.025%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Member reviews

By on

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS , I did not get results until I read the instructions and used it properly, the main points are that you have to wash your face and let it dry completley for about 10 minutes, do not put on any other moisturizer , wash your hands, apply a THIN layer to your face (more is not better), avoid eye area and around lips, then wash your hands again. Brush and floss your teeth before you put it on because it creates a tight mask like effect on your face. Wash with a gentle cleanser in the morning. Do not use with many other acne products at the same time, example scrubs , masks, etc, unless your doctor told you to because it will likely dry your skin out alot.While using this gel, I always used a night cream around my eyes because the skin is so delicate. Also, be careful not to get it on or around your mouth because it tastes bad and if you swallow alot of it you may get an upset stomach.

The trick with this stuff, is patience I think, the results are not insta

Pros

• has made skin less oily
  • is slowly removing blackheads
  • overall clearing by skin, haven't had a breakout since I started using it

Cons

• may cause some redness, flaking/peeling of your skin as it exfoliates, I use an oil free mosturizer with SPF 15 in the morning
  • light
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

You must use it constantly to avoid setbacks. Works better than clindoxyl gel. Progress isn't what I hoped for, though. Still not close to getting rid of my acne altogether.

Pros

• Works moderately well. Progress is slow, but noticeable. Does not irritate skin or cause any itch or pain. Doesn't leave skin feeling oily the next morning like clindoxyl gel, the other product I tried. Quite cheap.

Cons

• Dries out skin, but an average moisturizer fixes that easily enough.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This products works kinda fast, i use it alogn with Indoxyl and Normaderm, and together they work marvelously

Pros

• It works fast and takes acne away

Cons

• dries skin
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Don't use if you don't want dark spots. The only impovement is makes bumps smaller, but it looks much worse than it is. The dark spots are hard to cover up. Hoping they don't scar and go away

Pros

• Made acne smaller, and skin feels smoother

Cons

• skin dried, peeled, and left bad dark spots
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 25
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I don't have sever acne but I get alot of pimples around my chin and it gets really bad at times. I tried Proactive and it made it worse. This is the only thing that worked for me. It takes away the redness of existing marks too :)

Pros

• takes away the redness and gets rid of the pimples fast.

Cons

• burns
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This medication helped me have clear skin throughout my teenage years without any notable side effects.

Pros

• With constant use it cleared up about 90% of my acne. I used this medicate for close to 6 years without too many problems.

Cons

• It dries out the skin considerably, so make sure you have a good moisturizer.
  • moderate
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

must use consistently. don't use cover up or any other moisturizers or skin products on affected area(s). this makes skin worse and makes progress slower. (says on instructions)

Pros

• clears up skin pretty well

Cons

• takes a while to work. burning, redness, dryness and peeling may occur while using it, but is not severe.
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

awesome I recommend it.

Pros

• It works like a charm, I've been using it for a while and it's definetly working. I also only expirienced blotches at first (1 week)

Cons

• Dry skin but I just use aloe vera based mosturizer., Kind of expensive
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 24
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Burns, not for everyone, but works

• for about a month
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

my face would of been worse w.o this..but still nothing to rely on

Pros

• Works on and off..

Cons

• doesnt really clear face. - drys skin. - may of left some dark spots i'm not sure
  • moderate
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.