Page 4 of Stievamycin Tretinoin and Erythromycin Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 165 reviews

Stievamycin Mild Gel
Tretinoin (0.01%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

Inactive ingredients:
BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Stievamycin Gel
Tretinoin (0.025%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Reviewed on March 23, 2010

Not recommended for acne treatment, but rather to treat Acne vulgaris ([link removed] the use of this cream will make your old acne scars become very visible (For me even the ones that were gotten rid of by Acutain acne medication which was a pill form medicine

Reviewed on March 4, 2010

I've been on this medication for almost three years now. While on it, I experienced significantly less acne then before, but only after a few weeks of use. During the first few weeks, there was irritation and flaking, but it went away after a while.

However, since my skin is incredibly oily (especially my nose), it hasn't been able to anything for my blackheads there. But since you can only notice them if you look really closely, it really doesn't matter to me. There's also been some acne that has developed, but that can be attributed to my sloppy job of applying the gel.

It's also helpful if you're like me and like to pick at the skin (I know it's bad, but I do it without thinking sometimes). While on the medication, my skin seemed to heal right up, no matter how much I abused it. I'm not sure if it will work for everybody, but I've had no permanent damage from the acne that did end up developing.

The instructions say that the gel should be used with regular washing, and only after the skin is completely dry after a shower. You should follow them if you choose this product.

All in all, it's good for people who have a moderate case of acne that don't mind waiting a bit for it to work. It is a very good exfoliant and may prevent scarring. However, it is not a sliver bullet and cannot solve all your problems.

Reviewed on February 1, 2010

I'm using NeoStrada Oil Free Gel Cleanser twice a day. In the morning I'm using Neostrada 8% Toning Solution mixed with 2% Clindamycin...then before bed, I'm using Stievamycin Forte 0.05%.

I'm 31 years old and I've always had problems with acne. I'm loving this product so far. I have lots of acne scars and I'm hoping to see a difference with those as well (as I've read on this website).

I strongly recommend this product to anyone that doesn't seem to find results in any other products they've tried.

Reviewed on January 8, 2010

I tried it for 2 weeks and it made my skin horrible.I had dry itchy spots on my face that would not way, no matter what I did...discontinued use of it until the spots went away and tried it again and it's doing the EXACT same thing. These spots are extremely itchy and painful and a few very large ones on my face aren't going away. I didn't have bad acne to start with, at all, but my doctor prescribed it because I started to have a few problems areas on my face. I really don't recommend it.This medication has literally burned my skin.

Reviewed on December 7, 2009

I really liked the medicine. I am not sure about it working on acne, but it worked really well for my problem.

Reviewed on November 25, 2009

i already have a good tanned skin colour and i have noticed darke blemish and i am very worried that it wont go away!

Reviewed on November 7, 2009

Be patient and use this every day. My acne was cleared in 4 months, and the scars almost totally gone at the 5 month mark. I plan on using this for many more months because it's regenerating my skin like crazy and I haven't had any side effects. I know in another month or 2 my skin will look flawless, and I'm very excited about that.

Note, my dermatologist prescribed 4 prescriptions including this one. I was on minocycline and diane 35, and I had 2 topical creams (this one plus clindoxyl). I cannot credit my clear skin completely to Stieva, but I do believe its been 100% responsible for erasing the scars.

Reviewed on November 6, 2009

This is my 9th week using Stievamycin (I use 0.025%) and I seem to go through this cycle

Clear skin

Redness and dryness

Small breakout

Back to clear skin

(repeat)

My doctor told me to use constantly except when it's red and dry. I was really happy at first but because of all the redness I'm not so sure. Although the box told me to continue using and also said it takes months for it to fully work. But because I had such good results the first time, I'm going to continue using for another 3-4 months and if my face keeps turning red then I'll have to use something else. But I have to admit, Stievamycin has been the most effective out of all the acne medicine I have used (ProActive, various Clearasil products, Neutrogena), Tretinon has been much more effective on acne than Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic acid. Worked much faster too, but results vary with different people. If you are using this and you're experiencing similar symptoms, just hold on and keep using. Hope thi

Reviewed on November 5, 2009

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS , I did not get results until I read the instructions and used it properly, the main points are that you have to wash your face and let it dry completley for about 10 minutes, do not put on any other moisturizer , wash your hands, apply a THIN layer to your face (more is not better), avoid eye area and around lips, then wash your hands again. Brush and floss your teeth before you put it on because it creates a tight mask like effect on your face. Wash with a gentle cleanser in the morning. Do not use with many other acne products at the same time, example scrubs , masks, etc, unless your doctor told you to because it will likely dry your skin out alot.While using this gel, I always used a night cream around my eyes because the skin is so delicate. Also, be careful not to get it on or around your mouth because it tastes bad and if you swallow alot of it you may get an upset stomach.

The trick with this stuff, is patience I think, the results are not insta