Page 4 of Stievamycin Tretinoin and Erythromycin Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 166 reviews

Stievamycin Mild Gel
Tretinoin (0.01%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

Inactive ingredients:
BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Stievamycin Gel
Tretinoin (0.025%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Reviewed on May 6, 2010

Worth a try, especially because the price is right. How much have we all spent on tubes of lotions and gels from the pharmacy only to have wasted $$$.

Even though it gets worse first, It's not the end of the world, drink lots of water, keep your face (and hands clean), eat nutritiously and it will heal up.

At this point I only use it 4-5 times a week, due to the speed at which it regenerates my skin. I find myself needing to really exfoliate to keep my skin from looking dull and do use eye cream at night around my under eye area.

I still do wash my face with Clearasil cream or PanOxyl bar soap, alternating and I use a non comedogenic cream during the day. I like Kiss My Face Peaches and Cream, which has AHA 4% in it, also helping your skin to regenerate.

Reviewed on May 1, 2010

i got it and it worked but even though its been a year since i used it regularly. my forehead(where i had acne) is still all red and scared. I'm getting microdermabrassion so it will probably be gone. It is worth trying though.

Reviewed on March 23, 2010

Not recommended for acne treatment, but rather to treat Acne vulgaris ([link removed] the use of this cream will make your old acne scars become very visible (For me even the ones that were gotten rid of by Acutain acne medication which was a pill form medicine

Reviewed on March 4, 2010

I've been on this medication for almost three years now. While on it, I experienced significantly less acne then before, but only after a few weeks of use. During the first few weeks, there was irritation and flaking, but it went away after a while.

However, since my skin is incredibly oily (especially my nose), it hasn't been able to anything for my blackheads there. But since you can only notice them if you look really closely, it really doesn't matter to me. There's also been some acne that has developed, but that can be attributed to my sloppy job of applying the gel.

It's also helpful if you're like me and like to pick at the skin (I know it's bad, but I do it without thinking sometimes). While on the medication, my skin seemed to heal right up, no matter how much I abused it. I'm not sure if it will work for everybody, but I've had no permanent damage from the acne that did end up developing.

The instructions say that the gel should be used with regular washing, and only after the skin is completely dry after a shower. You should follow them if you choose this product.

All in all, it's good for people who have a moderate case of acne that don't mind waiting a bit for it to work. It is a very good exfoliant and may prevent scarring. However, it is not a sliver bullet and cannot solve all your problems.

Reviewed on February 1, 2010

I'm using NeoStrada Oil Free Gel Cleanser twice a day. In the morning I'm using Neostrada 8% Toning Solution mixed with 2% Clindamycin...then before bed, I'm using Stievamycin Forte 0.05%.

I'm 31 years old and I've always had problems with acne. I'm loving this product so far. I have lots of acne scars and I'm hoping to see a difference with those as well (as I've read on this website).

I strongly recommend this product to anyone that doesn't seem to find results in any other products they've tried.

Reviewed on January 8, 2010

I tried it for 2 weeks and it made my skin horrible.I had dry itchy spots on my face that would not way, no matter what I did...discontinued use of it until the spots went away and tried it again and it's doing the EXACT same thing. These spots are extremely itchy and painful and a few very large ones on my face aren't going away. I didn't have bad acne to start with, at all, but my doctor prescribed it because I started to have a few problems areas on my face. I really don't recommend it.This medication has literally burned my skin.

Reviewed on December 7, 2009

I really liked the medicine. I am not sure about it working on acne, but it worked really well for my problem.

Reviewed on November 25, 2009

i already have a good tanned skin colour and i have noticed darke blemish and i am very worried that it wont go away!

Reviewed on November 7, 2009

Be patient and use this every day. My acne was cleared in 4 months, and the scars almost totally gone at the 5 month mark. I plan on using this for many more months because it's regenerating my skin like crazy and I haven't had any side effects. I know in another month or 2 my skin will look flawless, and I'm very excited about that.

Note, my dermatologist prescribed 4 prescriptions including this one. I was on minocycline and diane 35, and I had 2 topical creams (this one plus clindoxyl). I cannot credit my clear skin completely to Stieva, but I do believe its been 100% responsible for erasing the scars.

by miriam19 on 06/27/2013 20:06
hi, i was just wondering how do you use both stievamycin and clindoxyl at the same time? i am currently using clindoxyl and am wondering if i should switch over to stievamycin completely or if i could use both