Page 3 of Stievamycin Tretinoin and Erythromycin Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 165 reviews

Stievamycin Mild Gel
Tretinoin (0.01%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

Inactive ingredients:
BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Stievamycin Gel
Tretinoin (0.025%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Reviewed on October 23, 2010

This is a great product. Stievamycin didn't get rid of my acne entirely, but it certainly helped to keep it to a minimum. It causes your face to feel very tight and dry in the beginning, but your skin should begin to adapt to it and it contains ingredients that help fade scars as well.

Reviewed on October 11, 2010

USE SOLAR PROTECTION 50%!!! IF YOU DONT USE, YOU WILL GET BLACK SPOTS!

Reviewed on October 7, 2010

It seems to work. I've been using it for about 2 years now. you need to use it consistently and I recommend the regular. the mild didn't do as much for me. pair it with spectro jel because it is pretty strong and Spectro is a gentle cleanser.

Reviewed on September 23, 2010

People stop complaining about things like flaky skin and more active acne, that's what this stuff does. It sheds of the layers of your skin to reveal acne. So, it does work. Just suck it up.

Bottom line is, this stuff works. You gotta keep using it though.

Reviewed on August 29, 2010

i was prescribed this, diane 35 and minocycline by my doctor almost six months ago, i stopped using this product because i realized it did more harm then good. from the first week i started using it, it made my skin extremely dry and flaky. i couldn't put on cover up because my skin would flake. after about four-five months of using it, my face cleared up. but i don't credit stieva for it. i am left with read spot scars all over my cheeks. i stopped using stieva for a few days and realized the scars were slowly fading. i blame stieva for the scars that i now have to live with.

Reviewed on July 30, 2010

I have tried numerous acne "cures" and this was my last effort before going on a course of Accutane. It has made my skin %95 better in just a week! I notice it getting better little by little everyday. I wash my face with spectro gel for acne prone skin and apply steivamycin before bed(only on problem areas) I never had the initial breakout that some have so that is a plus for me. If you want clear skin but dont want to injest potentially crippling drugs try this, it really works :)

Reviewed on July 15, 2010

I don't generally get pimples, but my derm prescribed me this a year ago for oil control. However, I stopped using it after my first tube ran out because it became ineffective after using it for a couple months.

A week ago I decided to go pick up the second tube in my prescription since i was getting desperate for a solution for my huge pores (which wasn't as big of an issue when I first used this product).

I have only been using it a week, about 2-3 times a day, but the pores on my cheeks have already decreased in size SO much.

With a bit of makeup, they're hardly even noticeable anymore.

I still have to blot the oil off of my face every few hours as well as having to deal with flaky skin around my mouth, but id rather have that than the awful texture i had before!

I'm really hoping it continues to work as well as it is, because for the first time in ages i can actually look in the mirror and be happy with what i see.

Reviewed on May 6, 2010

Worth a try, especially because the price is right. How much have we all spent on tubes of lotions and gels from the pharmacy only to have wasted $$$.

Even though it gets worse first, It's not the end of the world, drink lots of water, keep your face (and hands clean), eat nutritiously and it will heal up.

At this point I only use it 4-5 times a week, due to the speed at which it regenerates my skin. I find myself needing to really exfoliate to keep my skin from looking dull and do use eye cream at night around my under eye area.

I still do wash my face with Clearasil cream or PanOxyl bar soap, alternating and I use a non comedogenic cream during the day. I like Kiss My Face Peaches and Cream, which has AHA 4% in it, also helping your skin to regenerate.

Reviewed on May 1, 2010

i got it and it worked but even though its been a year since i used it regularly. my forehead(where i had acne) is still all red and scared. I'm getting microdermabrassion so it will probably be gone. It is worth trying though.