Page 2 of Stievamycin Tretinoin and Erythromycin Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 165 reviews

Stievamycin Mild Gel
Tretinoin (0.01%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

Inactive ingredients:
BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Stievamycin Gel
Tretinoin (0.025%) and Erythromycin (4.0%).

BHT, ethyl alcohol, and hydroxypropyl cellulose.

Reviewed on August 26, 2012

I really like this product, I just to have a couple pimples here and there but one day it all took a wrong turn. Thus, my doctor prescribed me this. Took about 5 months for me to see a big difference, but I am really happy with the results. I only get a pimple around my period..other than that I just have some scarring left. But, the product also helps with scarring and I definitely see a difference. Give this product a chance!

Reviewed on May 27, 2012

If you have health insurance, go for this product. It's worth a try, and I'm so happy with my results so far!

Reviewed on April 2, 2012

I was prescribed this from my gp, awful stuff, i have since cleared my acne using other things but this did more damage than it did good

Reviewed on October 29, 2011

My whole life I had perfect skin then a few years ago BAM adult acne, oh joy. This product I got from my derm, it kicked in 2-3 weeks into using it, began to clear up everything really fast and, in spite of sideeffects, i was realy happy after a couple years of extreme frustration. Some whiteheads and pimples would return before/after period...then eventually, after about 7/8 months of using this product, it felt like it lost all it's power basically over night or over a few days- I was in total distraught, my acne came back worse than ever...emberrasing and gross. So I went back to my derm and he recommended Epiduo/Tactuo Gel, which is appearantly significantly better (have just started) and I'm very excited about it. Fingers crossed :)

Reviewed on October 5, 2011

i have been using this for 3 months and have definitely seen an improvement in my moderate cystic acne. my cysts are less painful and inflamed, and they go away really quickly!! a cyst used to run it's course on my face for a full week but stieva clears them right up in 2-3 days. i also go through constant periods of several days to a week when i do not have ANY active pimples on my face!! this is a record for me because i tend to have at least 2-3 active pimples all of the time. even though stieva doesn't completely stop break outs from happening, the gaps between them when my skin is clear are awesome. it also helps to fade red marks, which i'm very happy about because i have a lot of these scars. it takes about a month or more to begin to see results and for your skin to get accustomed to it. there is some dryness/redness in the beginning, which does improve quickly. it does persist somewhat, but all you need to counteract it is a good moisturizer. overall, i am satisfied with stieva so far and will continue to use it. it is not a complete cure, but my skin looks the best it has in years thanks to stieva! i have tried minocycline, differin, and BP and stieva has given me better results than all of them combined. although it's not a total cure, the results i've gotten are worth it since there are no serious side effects. i have considered using Accutane or some type of birth control pill, but i am afraid of the side effects and the potential damage they may cause. i am sticking with stieva for now because i love that it only affects my face, not my entire body like a pill would! i recommend stieva for anyone with moderate acne, because you will see a great improvement. and for those with mild acne, it may be able to clear you right up! i recommend :) i give it 4 stars because 5 stars would have to be a miracle cure.

Reviewed on September 1, 2011

IT ONLY STINGS IF YOU:

A.Put to much on one spot.

B.Put it on a sunburn.

C.Put the cream/gel on an open pimple.

After 8 months I decided to not waste any more time so now I am on a much stronger ance cream.

Reviewed on August 21, 2011

My doctor prescribed this for me and I've used this for a few months and ended up finishing the tube. I then stopped using it and my acne started to re-surface and was almost back to the way I started so I had my doctor prescribe me a re-fill. Recently, I went to the doctor's again and have now switched over to Clindoxyl Gel.

Worth trying. Don't dis-continue use until fully re-covered I guess..

Reviewed on May 16, 2011

I used this for about 8 weeks and it did more harm than good. Wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed on March 26, 2011

I was given stievamycin gel for my acne a few weeks ago and I can already see a definite improvement! I was scared at first because I heard it burns a lot, but I haven't found it too bad thus far. I now only use the gel where I get acne (chin and forehead) because I found it was drying out my cheeks. If you read the instructions, this product is recommended for use at night and is also supposed to be washed off in the morning! Any stiffness or dryness from the gel should only be temporary. I also use another light cream if I notice dry/flaky patches of skin.

Reviewed on January 14, 2011

Ive been using Stivamycin for over 7 years ,over the past 3 years ive used it on and off because my acne does not seem as active as it use to be when I was in high school. Now in my 20's I have very mild acne with one or two pimples that might come up during my period. The main reason why i like this product so much ,is that 2 years ago I started getting facial hair on one side of my that would leave scars after plucking out the hairs. I am black ,with a darker complexion (similar to Fantasia the singer) , and i was really trying to avoid using any bleaching cream to get rid of the scars. After getting lazer hair removal I used stevamycin to faded all my scars,it took abouth 8 weeks . I use this product around 4- 5 times a weeks,with the neutrogena blackhead scrub in the morning to get rid of the film on my face,then a facial lotion on my face .The other 2 nights i will use a very deep moistorizer such as or Palmers cocoa butter or Bio-Oil .This is due to the fact that i find my mouth area get dry because of the medication. Bottom line: Product is good for mild to moderate acne, but excellent at fading darks scars. Hope this review was helpful