Page 2 of Steaming reviews

4.1/5 - 12 reviews

Reviewed on June 23, 2010

Twice a week or whenever I'm having a really bad breakout, I boil some water, add one table spoon of pure lemon juice and green tea, put a towel over my head, steam my skin for 10 minutes, while my pores are still open I apply a mask, leave the mask on for ten minutes, wash off mask, and rub ice all over my skin to shrink my pores and to close my pores, then finally I pat dry my skin with a towel.

Steaming my skin does make a big difference, but I add lemon juice and green tea to deep clean my skin even more.

The only con about steaming my skin is it can get too hot.

Overall, try it! It's free!

Reviewed on June 21, 2010

How can there be a down side to one of the simplest things to clear your acne. Steaming helps to open your pores so you can clean them out, and remove all the bacteria. I just wash my face with a simple cleanser (not made for acne its just to remove makeup and dirt) then i boil up some water and add some sea salt; you can also add essential oils and....

for oily skin, lavender, peppermint, and rosmary

for dry skin, chamomile, fennel seeds, and roses.

After the water boils put a towel over your head (if you have long hair pull it up) and steam for 5-10 minutes. I like to play some music in the background (listen to about three songs for a 10 min. session.)

After steaming i splashsome water on my face and then mix a paste out of baking soda and water and apply it. I then wash that off, and apply some diluted apple cider vineger. Then I'm done an left with a fresh face I love.

Don't steam to often, because it will lead to dry skin, and then you will get more acne. About twice a week is good unless you have oily skin then maybe more often, but no more than once a day.

You dont have to break the bank to clear your acne. Do simple things, with an open mind. Just relax and use a little steam. For some fun you can always do a facial after.

my facial is...

1 tablespoon eggwhite whipped, mixed with a little bit of lemon juice

apply this for 10 minutes then rinse off.

I've found that this fades those horrible marks that stay for way to long after your acne goes away.