Page 2 of Steaming reviews

4.2/5 - 15 reviews

Reviewed on May 27, 2011

I have tried steaming my face many times over the years, it can be helpful - sweating can be good for the skin if it is taken care of properly afterwards, and your skin feels soft and refreshed afterwards, but some people may not like how hot it is. I have done by dry and wet sauna, and done my own steaming at home just with boiled water and a towel over my head. My husband swears the wet sauna really helps my face but I'm torn - I feel like maybe I get a tiny breakout afterwards, but it does help what exists. It's kind of a win-lose situation. But steaming is very relaxing if you let yourself enjoy the heat and moisture. You can even add a drop of oil of lavender or whatever scent you like to make it more relaxing (keep in mind it will seep into your pores, though). I think it's a good "occasional" thing to do.

Reviewed on January 14, 2011

I join a local fitness gym that has a steam room and a sauna as well which makes it very convenient for me to regularly steam my face after my daily workout sessions. I usually apply a thin layer of jojoba oil infused with lavender and geranium essential oils on my face before I get into the steam room and sit in for 15-20 minutes max. Right after that, I take a cool shower and thoroughly cleanse my face with a salt soap bar. I follow up with a gentle mechanical scrub and pat dry. I apply toner and moisturizer and dab over acne spots with tea tree oil.

I have noticed that my acne has started to clear up. I have less red botches and old acne scars are disappearing much quicker too. Complexion has improved a lot and I've noticed fewer whiteheads, especially around the nose area.

If you can join a gym near your area that has a steam room, make full use of it. Exercise does help to clear acne. Otherwise, a simple steam towel and bowl of hot water method will work.

Reviewed on June 23, 2010

Twice a week or whenever I'm having a really bad breakout, I boil some water, add one table spoon of pure lemon juice and green tea, put a towel over my head, steam my skin for 10 minutes, while my pores are still open I apply a mask, leave the mask on for ten minutes, wash off mask, and rub ice all over my skin to shrink my pores and to close my pores, then finally I pat dry my skin with a towel.

Steaming my skin does make a big difference, but I add lemon juice and green tea to deep clean my skin even more.

The only con about steaming my skin is it can get too hot.

Overall, try it! It's free!

Reviewed on June 21, 2010

How can there be a down side to one of the simplest things to clear your acne. Steaming helps to open your pores so you can clean them out, and remove all the bacteria. I just wash my face with a simple cleanser (not made for acne its just to remove makeup and dirt) then i boil up some water and add some sea salt; you can also add essential oils and....

for oily skin, lavender, peppermint, and rosmary

for dry skin, chamomile, fennel seeds, and roses.

After the water boils put a towel over your head (if you have long hair pull it up) and steam for 5-10 minutes. I like to play some music in the background (listen to about three songs for a 10 min. session.)

After steaming i splashsome water on my face and then mix a paste out of baking soda and water and apply it. I then wash that off, and apply some diluted apple cider vineger. Then I'm done an left with a fresh face I love.

Don't steam to often, because it will lead to dry skin, and then you will get more acne. About twice a week is good unless you have oily skin then maybe more often, but no more than once a day.

You dont have to break the bank to clear your acne. Do simple things, with an open mind. Just relax and use a little steam. For some fun you can always do a facial after.

my facial is...

1 tablespoon eggwhite whipped, mixed with a little bit of lemon juice

apply this for 10 minutes then rinse off.

I've found that this fades those horrible marks that stay for way to long after your acne goes away.