Steaming reviews

4.1/5 - 13 reviews

Shrinks spots well and quickly!
Reviewed on August 10, 2014

I have my own facial steamer that I brought from Argos for less than £15 and I have to say its money well spent! I use it once a week for around 10-15 minutes and it really is affective! It makes your face drip like hell, but once the sessions over clean your face with a gentle cleanser and you can see results of calmer looking skin after just one use! Sometimes youll notice you may gain a spot or two the next couple of days, but thats the spots coming from the inside out so there out of your system for in the end cleaner healthier skin. I highly recommend steaming for anyone, thats why they have steam rooms in Spa's and make you spend £15 a session!

Clearing Skin
Reviewed on April 8, 2014

I've always had really bad acne. ALWAYS. After I found a good face wash and moisturizer that started helping my skin I began also streaming my face and this for sure helped clear up the rest of my acne. And I do it about one every week.

Important to relax face
Reviewed on April 3, 2014

After steaming, it's important to keep face muscles super relaxed and skin not taut during washing. This allows wash to deeply penetrate pores and allows dirt and oil to wriggle out of pores as your fingers rub and massage over them. This simple technique which made such a huge difference.

Reviewed on July 18, 2012

if you have asthma or breathing problem do not use it and if you do be careful

you should only do this once a week because doing this too much will not help your face at all

HOW TO STEAM YOUR FACE

1.boil some water make sure it hot

2.get a mat or book and put the pot on it

3.(optional)get you favorite essential oil to put in the water add a few drops

4.get a towel and a tent like think and put you head under the towel you should do this for ten to fifteenth minutes

after that splash cold water on your face to close the pores and put on BP and or moisturizer to your face as usually

Reviewed on June 7, 2012

I steamed my face about once a week for a month or two because it would clear up my skin really good for a few days. But I noticed that I would get 1 cystic acne spot a few days later every single time. And they were huge and horribly painful. Once I stopped steaming, I stopped getting a cystic acne spot weekly.

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

This is the best thing I've ever done for my face. I have combination skin, and light-moderate acne.

What I do is wash my face with a gentle cleanser (I love Cetaphil!) plug my sink, and then fill it with water as hot as it will go. My sink (as well as most sinks) has a hole towards the top so the sink can't overflow. I leave the water running, and put my head about an inch away from the water. I put a towel over my head to keep the steam in. I do this for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, I use St. Ives Green Tea Scrub, apply salicylic acid spot treatment (currently Clean and Clear advantage) and then my Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin moisturizer

This cleared my skin SO much. I wouldn't say I'm totally clear, but a lot clearer than I was before.

If you start breaking out really bad, just remember it's normal. It'll only last a day or two, and you'll be happy you tried!

Reviewed on February 20, 2012

I use a face steamer, and I must say it works fairly well with my acne pron skin. I had got my face clear, but started slacking off, and u know what happens next. When I started back on my face regimen; my products did not seem to work that well like usually. Just a couple days ago I started back steaming my face along with my regimen, and its working very fast again. I now know that the steam makes my regimen work wonders. STEAMING WILL NOT CLEAR YOUR SKIN ALONE. Some tips I can give is to not pat your face dry with a towel (let it air dry), wash your face LIGHTLY (use a very small amount) with a gentle face wash (ex. Noxzema) before steaming; to let the steam penitrate, and after to remove the impurities that come out. After this put on your fav. acne treatment, and you'll see how much better it works. Not to mention that the steamer is very moisturizing. I never moisturize my face in fears of breaking out. If u suffer from dry skin (probably from harsh products); you'll love this. Not to mention u don't have to steam that long (maybe 5-10 mins). That's all the tips I have, if u do any of them make sure to wash your face after steaming (I recommend not just water, but a wash). You want to get all the impurities off your skin. Hope this helped. O and if u want to know a good after treatment (leave on); look into de la Cruz sulfur (its cheap and awesome). If not yogurt works great 2. I did not put a price because u don't have 2 pay for it. U can get a pot, fill it with water, let it boil, and steam that way with a towel over your head to trap in the steam.

Reviewed on September 20, 2011

i think that steaming is very good. it opens your pores (so u can remove gunk) and i think that if u wash or put acne stuff on ur face right after it can penetrate faster and help acne. what i do is i put in sea salt and mint leaves in a big bowl, then i boil some water and i pour it into the bowl. i put a towel over the top of my head and the bowl so no steam escapes. then when the water is no longer doing anything i take my head away and i put on a home made mask of lots of natural stuff u can find at home (if u add oil to it, tea tree, lavender or olive oil is good, then that makes your face as soft as a babys butt and that is not at all an exaggeration. i let the mask stay on for a while then i wash it off and my face feels and looks amazing. i do this every sunday and wednesday night so i am fresh and ready to go at school :)

Reviewed on May 27, 2011

I have tried steaming my face many times over the years, it can be helpful - sweating can be good for the skin if it is taken care of properly afterwards, and your skin feels soft and refreshed afterwards, but some people may not like how hot it is. I have done by dry and wet sauna, and done my own steaming at home just with boiled water and a towel over my head. My husband swears the wet sauna really helps my face but I'm torn - I feel like maybe I get a tiny breakout afterwards, but it does help what exists. It's kind of a win-lose situation. But steaming is very relaxing if you let yourself enjoy the heat and moisture. You can even add a drop of oil of lavender or whatever scent you like to make it more relaxing (keep in mind it will seep into your pores, though). I think it's a good "occasional" thing to do.